/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 16th:
1457 BC – Likely date of the Battle of Megiddo between Thutmose III and a large Canaanite coalition under the King of Kadesh, the first battle to have been recorded in what is accepted as relatively reliable detail.
AD 73 – Masada, a Jewish fortress, falls to the Romans after several months of siege, ending the Great Jewish Revolt.
1746 – The Battle of Culloden is fought between the French-supported Jacobites and the British Hanoverian forces commanded by William Augustus, Duke of Cumberland, in Scotland. After the battle many highland traditions were banned and the Highlands of Scotland were cleared of inhabitants.
1917 – Vladimir Lenin returns to Petrograd, Russia from exile in Switzerland.

>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/631545981/412448158141568140/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

W&B

Reminder to ignore and report shitposting

Based

Not based

White

Not white

I think I'm gonna try Castile again, but I'm just gonna focus on modernizing my military and conquering muslim nations. Long term goal will be rebuilding the Roman Empire.

>Tfw cute character dies
>Reminder that she killed her husband with amazing sex

Do a different nation you tard, you need a different experience. If you really want something similar, try Portugal or Aragon instead.

Why is playing a tall Netherlands in EU4 so comfy?

>tall netherlands
>not tall switzerland

>Do a different nation
y

Tall Netherlands is comfy because you can colonially expand and become a huge trade power with trade companies scattered around the globe.

I was thinking of making a meme nation in Victoria 2.
What about a nice Caribbean Federation?

I think a good fun game is England. England is a bit harder than Castille but still leaves you lots to do and room for mistakes.

Always surrender Maine.

My goal when I play England is to form GB and to reclaim the land Henry V had underhim in France.

If I'm feeling it, I'll go and try to own all of France.

Dieu et Mon Droit

Conquer Latin America as Texas.

autistic management of colonies is not comfy at all

>After the cute Duchess dies her son and only heir immediately gets syphilis and dies
Well shit, where do I play now?

You should be trying to learn about the game in your first games, doing the same thing over and over will limit your knowledge and experience. Castile is one of the easiest nations in the game as well, so you're limiting your skill.

uninstall this mod

>great strategy
>skill

What mod?

meant for him

what was my fucking problem
did anyone succesfuly take mandate of heaven as japan? I cucked myself with institutions because i didn't realize how they work and wasted a lot of time catching up with tech so i fucked up but it was fun anyway

What do people mean by tall?

having small developed country (for example italian countries) is playing tall

blobbing and having huge empire full of shitholes (for example: russia) is playing wide

It means to expand in height instead of width.
Few provinces with good development.

IS this user here yet?

That's viable? I was always under the impression that outside of dropping some diplo on gold or valuable trade good provinces developing drained too much MP

Play England
Ally Austria, Castille, Papal States and maybe burgundy
Surrender Maine, but apart from that the game is pretty comfy, just focus on colonising not wars in Europe, but always honour the call to arms

ayy

Yup, but not for much longer, it's 23:00 at I'm pretty tired.

>taking Manchu lands
You need to let Yeren take Manchu lands so they can form Manchu, from there you let them conquer, the other tributaries, from there they should be able to fight ming
Then ally with someone else like Persia or Russia and partition china

Here's the link to the mod's suggestion page if any anons want to contribute anything:
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/631545981/412448158141568140/

So, how do I play as Ashikaga? Just force and diploannex everybody as usual? Should I let my daimyos liberty desire rise for easier conquest? I want to have a colonial game going later on.

Im actually surprised you won against ming. How? I played Japan for two weeks and couldn´t fucking do it

Do you guys care for achievements?
If yes post your last one you got in a gsg

Pic related

I hate that Paradox is pumping out one DLC after another but i'm happy i dont need every DLC to get the achievements done

Are there actually people who unironically think that Total War is better than grand strategy?

>dlc achievements
I care about cheevos but I'm bad at getting them

i actually never became tributary, i wanted to but ming never trusted me
my start was shaky, managed to unite japan by 1510 and then my strategy was:
>declare war on korea or someone you want to conquer
>wait in your island and destroy chinese armies that will come to you through boats one by one
>wait until you can white peace ming
>proceed to conquer korea when it becomes 1vs1 war
also taking war reparations from ming is pretty huge

Because they're completely different games. Total War campaign gives context to battles, while battles in Grand Strategy are in context of a political conflict with aims, goals, and strategy.

>working on the beyond the pale development team
Nice, this is the one mod that really helps EU4 be less shit without requiring an complete overhaul.

I'm a sucker for achievements. Just really bad at them

i always became bored of TW games because every single session goes like this
>fight 3-5 first battles manually
>then start to automatically resolve more and more wars until gameplay becomes shit version of paradox game

I've only played Ironman sparingly for two reasons, one is to see whether I'm actually decent at the game, and two is that it's slow as fuck after 100 years or so.

This may sound arrogant, but I'm kind of hoping BT becomes more regularly used among /gsg/, like how the most used mods are HPM and HIP.

It would have to compete with MEIOU, but there will always be stragglers who prefer one mod over the other.

Are there any reasons to use "Coptic" over "Miaphysite" in EU4?

What is latest checksum for Extended timeline?

do you need to annex entire ming to get mandate of heaven or what
im not a horde btw

You need at least 1 province in either North China, South China, or Xinan to get the causus belli.

no
we wuz dragon emperors n shiet

You only need to be their neighbour.
Also ET fucked up again and Buddhists cant claim mandate there.

Lies, there must be more to it.

I can't really think of any in particular unless you want to split up Miaphysite into the specific church for every region like having the Armenia apostic church, Coptic Orthodox Church, and Ethiopian church all be seperate.

WE WUZ pops in my head when I conquer Morocco or play in Africa and makes me laugh like an idiot at my computer, don't make me associate it with Asia too you mother fucker.

must be far eastern religion, so catholics and muzzles cant do it

Is EUIV better than EUIII yet? I'm not hating on the business model, but it's hard to keep up with Paradox games now that they release a new DLC every few weeks. I don't even know what the fuck is going on with CKII, I stopped playing like 20 DLC ago.

>taking that much Chinese land

You should have just taken treaty ports user

Oh yeah, you need to be in the Eastern religious group (Buddhist, Confucian, Shinto).

So Paradox was just being stupid with that decision?

Too many DLCs for me to keep up with

Why must ERE always be cucked out of something?

>Empire without borders
>having borders
wew

I don't know user, I am not an expert on the religious structure of those faiths.

The answer is yes

At least set up a cucked vassal state while keeping the ports under your control then.

>Why must ERE always be cucked out of something?
Because you're christcuck.
If you had reformed Rome as proper polytheist you would be able to claim mandate, for some reason.

How to raise militancy?

You don't want to.

Does gsg ever play EU4 together?

Or Vicky II?

I do though
I want 4 militancy to form the empire

Shitposting answer: no it's shit eu4 fags btfo

Real answer: Yes, but temper your expectations. It's a map painting simulator and the entire game is about spreading your color

Seconded

Moar info needed on how to form Mexican Empire

Im playing as byzantine and my rebels have risen in genoa. They took the one island province they have and now nothing is happening. What will happen now? What can I do? Will genoa come under my control if they win somehow? How long will it take?

Big differences, but researching now for you kind user so this nation can be made soon.

Drunk Russian no match for might Nihon steel

To the user from the last thread that was having problems with After the end; It seems the github version is broken. The one on the forums works.
I hope you have a legit CK2 base version because I am not uploading it.

If they enforce demands yes, but more likely than not they will be defeated and Genoa will keep on blobbing. How did Genoa even get Byzantine land anyway.
But if you funded them then you should have the 'support rebels' cases beli
reminds me of my kiwi penal who got alcohol poisoning last night as he was all alone

Ahaha holy shit, they defected to me and the 8000 rebels are now also under my control. I have 20k army, how insane would it be to declare war on Roaches?

Haven't played eu3 so don't know, but a lot easier to RP now, not least because of more events and decisions for nations, also more unique national ideas, however Japan still has no missions most of the time.
>Why is the empire who's emperors were actually cuckolded multiple times getting cucked
I don't know user?

There are small islands that they control since start of 1444. They weren´t funded by me they simply appeared

Change parties if you can, if not then just spam elections and take whatever gives the most militancy

Getting the mandate is easy, just be eastern and border china. But, unless you have two accepted chinese cultures, you'll get a disaster

Someone help me understand pressing claims
So I invite a guy to my court with claims to a Welsh Petty Kingdom. I'll give him some land that I acquired in Wales, so he's my subject. I'll then press him claims for his petty kingdom and win it, but, then he's suddenly independent. Is this because I'm also just the Petty Kingdom of Northumbria? Is it because I'm gavelkind/earler imperial succession?
How do I manage to expand as a Christian agaisnt other Christians without just faking claims all the time?

start as shimazu and keep their traditions, get combat modifiers and have a golden age and you'll shit all over them. You'll nearly go broke buying mercenaries, but you'll win.

Fuck me I'm retarded.
Does this mean I need to decentralize a level or centralize a level?

What small islands, Crimea? I thought those weren't byzantine cores anymore. Shame Ottomemes core removal did fuck all.
What alliances do you have and will they join wars, also post map
You know with Institutions you just invest monarch points, also just don't get the new techs and keep on investing MP until it's like 100 to embrace, as if you embrace straight away your asian neighbours will get it super easy and then it'll be hard for the Westerners to help you take down china
Last one was uniting Japan, now I just need an event and then I can go Krystian
Yeah he needs to be a lower rank than you and be your vassal

pay up yellow boi
>dat power projection
also say something nice about this ugly europe (although i appreciate how they kicked ottos who were deep into vienna 200 years ago)

k lads

>needs to be a lower rank
Well, I guess I'll have to conquer Mercia, but I have a non-agression pact with the Picts who took it over

Nope genoa has islands in greece. Anyway I tried my luck to blitz cap while ottos were at war and aragon came to fuck me up. I was allied with walachia and hungary but they wouldn´t come because right after I allied them they got three wars and got raped three times in a row
Gotta have to start anew, that one was doomed since hungary looked like it was ready to fall apart with approximetely 30k rebels everywhere

I like how Italy turned out

>he fell for the Mandate meme
>he blobbed all over Asia
m8 just ally with the Manchu's then make them a vassal once they take beijing
>Castille partitioned like Poland
>Poland but no CW\
>Goth achievement
>china beat russia
Shamefur dispray
Always help your allies with Rebels, yeah Aragon is an ass, did you ally Austria? Just let Wallachia die

i like how france doesn't own the english midlands and cornwall like they usually do

based

If you have a NAP with them they'll probably ignore it, you allying with Francia at all, I'd recommend it
>1741557796
Yeah only war Ottomans when they're fighting the Mamluks or when you assembled the holy league

>Help with rebels
Can´t pass roach land. I was allied with hungary as I said. For some reason polland and austria never want to ally with me. I have fresh run and allied serbia, now Im trying to get either poland or austria

it begins

Check the exact reasons why and make sure they haven't rivalled each other
Why do you keep the high liberty desire
Also who is england allied to

Ottoman soon

>Sweden

wait so reformed inti can't increase autonomy? that's really annoying

i converted Xiu. they'll calm down well before i'm ready to annex them and it's not like i need their tech 9 troops.

>England
>Allies