EVE Online General /eog/

Oruzed in Translation, Episode

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes, Eve is F2P with some restrictions and you can earn enough money ingame to get a subscription.

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using any referral link (chaining them with friends works best)
If you have no friends create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway.
Or use this link:
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=4eca5d19-7c52-44fd-9de6-ff7b1398159c&action=buddy

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

>>>>>>
Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9
>>>>>>

Now:
>Nothing

Future: (updates.eveonline.com/)
>New Suns
>PLEX and AUR change:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-changes-on-the-way/
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-rework-follow-up/
>Missile changes:
forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6894505
>Upwell Refineries:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/introducing-upwell-refineries
>T3C Rebalance (Ex. CPU and PG subs merged, among others) ships will have 4 subs with 3 options each
>Vexor, Caldari Medium Industrials and Rupture remodel
>New Blood Raider caps and PvE Event
>CONCORD Ships:
forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=515826
>New Project Discovery
>Outposts become Citadels

Past:
>March 14: "improved" Probe/Dscan, Fighter, HIC and Rorq changes
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, cargo notifications
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes, nobody likes Reyni (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Previous Permalink: orph.link/eog

1 like = 1 prayer for oruze

>jewish ref link scam still not deleted

Eve needs more support for Exploration that doesn't involve multiboxing a scout, a scanner and a combat ship all at once.

>fit a probe launcher on pve boat
???

eve needs more support for non-multiboxing gameplay in general

>Spend 15 minutes chasing down a 99.8% signature
>Have to scan more than 2 times to get regular signatures
>Even if you do all that, your ship is going to get shit on in anything higher than a 4/10 unless it's a Battleship, CS or a T3C
>If it's a Battleship, CS or a T3C you better have a scout

The problem here is that there isn't really a practical difference between a Battlecruiser and a T3D. A Confessor can do 4/10's just fine, the time lost in clearing the site due to low DPS is more than made up in travel time and the ability to GTFO.

remove t3's

>Spend 15 minutes chasing down a 99.8% signature
This is how I know you are retarded

kys

How to fix warpstabs.
>it doesn't give +1 stab
>it gives % resistance to being pointed
>t1 would have X% res, meta and t2 and storyline would have more

>lets add more rng

Are warp stabs broken?

Warp scrambling and webbing needs to be completely overhauled. Those systems are relics from 2004-2005 which as desperately outdated at this point.

Nothing wrong with webs

No this is gay

just disable warp core stabs in FW plexes

Tfw just bought and fitted a vexor navy issue, expecting that jt would be good.
I can do level 2 security missions so i went off to give it a shot.
6-7 stationary towers and 6-7 or so npc cruisers in the encounter.
I survive but most of the time i was floating dead in spafe with no cap and it took me 20-25 mimutes to clear it.
The payment was pittiful.

Am I doing something wrong? I just want a reliable alpha-friendly source of income. Sitting on 600 million isk right now (3 weeks of playtime)

But to be fair i probably spent 500-700million on various ships (FC keeps forcing us on suicide missions against competent players and doesnt supply our ships, so I end up losing like 30+ million isk in ships every other night)

Can I somehow do menial labour for some rich player in exchange for payment? Is manufacturing viable for an alpha?
Im getting hopeless here, anything *fun* is behind the omega wall

Webs should have optimal and falloff range.

maybe you should find a new corp so you aren't bleeding so much isk

So a grappler

>what are grapplers

I think that'll make shit like huginns way more gay. Also Webs already have a 10km optimal with a 13km optimal overheated, I think adding any sort of falloff would make those run way worse

Or disable FW

I can't
The faggot CEO is whose refferal link im on. Once I go omega he hands you a skill injector and 300million isk
If i leave he won't give that to me.
And no, its not a scam because he has done that for some other corp members already, I'm just too poor to pay the sub with cash so i have to resort to mindless grinding.
Mining is worthless even with omega ships unless you multibox
Scanning is hit and miss, not reliable at all
Missions are shit, and level 4 missions need omega ships
Incursions arent doable with an alpha either
Neither is proper industry or research
I cant even get a proper hauler to try and jew my way into more isk, since im very limited in buy and sell orders and modules.
I really fail to see a solution

wtf the rats keep targeting my drones
lights used to be the best but now I'm tempted to go with sentries so I stop losing drones while they're returning to bay

>The faggot CEO is whose refferal link im on. Once I go omega he hands you a skill injector and 300million isk
then do that, collect your skill injector and 300m and leave.

>if I leave then he won't give it to me
then collect it first, then leave later.

>mindless grinding
if you don't pay for the sub with real money, you don't get the bonus from the referral link. It means he doesn't get the plex to share with you

post your shitty VNI fit

He thinks it's okay for cloaky campers to enjoy perfect safety.

He wants the game to become safer.

We already have cheap as balls citadels but now want to make sure cloaky camping is just as safe, but without any of the downsides.

>xe thinks it's about safety

>he thinks I'm AFK

>High slots
[Drone Link Augmentor I]
[250mm Prototype Gauss Gun] (iron chage) x2
[Salvager I]
>Mid slots
[10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner]
[Denny Enduring Omnidirectional Tracking Link] x2
[Drone Navigation Computer I]
>Low slots
[AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier] x3
[Medium 'Accommodation' Vestment Reconstructor I]
[Upgraded Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I]
[IFFA Compact Damage Control]
>Rigs
[Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I]
[Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I]
[Medium Auxillary Nano Pump I]

Drone bay is loaded with [Hammerhead I]s, since i cant use anything better as an alpha

Nigger you don't even have the skills to be flying a Cruiser. Park it and go buy a Destroyer or faction frigate. Shit, train for a T3D or something. a Confessor or Jackdaw are better PvE ships for

See
Jackdaw is a fantastic PvE and PvP ship, I'd train into it

O-ok
For now I only have acess to t1 gallente cruisers and destroyers
But I'll try to work from there I guess.
Most profitable ships to fly (for me, right now) are the imicus and a gas-fitted venture so I guess I really don't have any other options

Get an Algos. It's a drone boat like the VNI but it's more your size. Flying ships bigger than what you're skilled for puts you at a massive disadvantage, a frigate can slap on a tech1 Afterburner and speed tank 99% of the incoming damage, a Cruiser doing that will speed tank maybe 70%, a BS maybe 30% etc.

In this case, the Algos won't even be lower DPS since the bottleneck here isn't the Drone Bandwidth but your actual skills, you'll be using the same drones with the same damage mods.

oneiros

alpha ratting with an algos?

or a vexor?

downsizing from a vexor to an algos means you lose 20% dps and the ability to repair yourself, but you have half the sig radius and 2.5x the speed, giving you ridiculous speed tank ability

>10mn algos

I tried 1mn and found while that I was CPU capped, I had 50 pg left over. Why not oversize?

Can I join a fw corp, do some plexes and pvp, and leave without ruining my standings?

You mean plexes for LP or fights in plexes? You don't have to join FW enter the plex

Would I lose rep as long as I don't capture the plexes/kill the rats?

I like space and space sims, convince me not to start playing this game.

The playerbase can get really autism. But if you just want to do whatever you can somehow exist without any player interaction ez.

If you don't get into a good corp, you just get farmed because nobody can teach you how to be good.
None of the good corps take in new players, good luck getting into one with a character less than 2 years old.

>Avoid autists
So basically the same way I browse this site, got it.

Arent there good corps for new players?

New player corps can't be good in the same way that other corps are, entirely because they take new players. Some of them are in an alliance that will help with that, just don't join karmafleet or horde.

sorta, its best not to stay with them long term though

No.
Two kinds of corps take in newfags: the kind that isn't good and the nullblobs that don't teach you much, but instead just give you some easy tasks to keep you entertained while you pay their taxes and fill out their fleets for whatever project they are currently working on.

So what do I do then, I thought you were supposed to join a corp soonish?
I have to join a shitty corp for 2 years? jesus what.

find one that has a focus in something that interests you, learn as much as you can and make some friends, move on to something better/more focused

newbie corps aren't long term solutions but can be ok places to start in

You can try to join a corp and see for yourself how it's like, but that would take initiative.

prove to a good corp that you arent just a dumb new shitter and maybe they'll let you in

t. oruze ceo that succed the life from all-out after the trained newbros

Become good quickly enough to get into a real corp faster than that, and buy a shitload of injectors.

>and buy a shitload of injectors

don't fall for this

>user we need you to fly something from this doctrine
>no i cant im still training fitting skills

Corps are a meme. If you want to forever solo ther e is nothing really stopping you.

>doctrine

>can I bring my drake
>can I bring my maller

Or, one of my favourites
user, we just gut a few newbies, we're running a T1 thrasher fleet
>can I bring my brutix navy

CNR

RNI

>Newbie explorer.
>Find 23 intact armour plates in my first relic site.
>Estimated 125,000,000 ISK in loot, enough to buy a fuckload of replacement ships with meta 4 fittings.
>I need to get this home FAST.
>Lose my bearings attempting to exit wormhole space.
>Falling deeper..
> ..and deeper..
>down the rabbit hole.

How the fuck do I get out of here.

Self-destruct.

Can someone post the meme with the EVE peasant that says "titan swerve"?

Don't listen to these guys. Find a corp that has room in their doctrine for new players. A smaller corp is better because the big alliances are going to use you as cannon fodder while only teaching you to press F1. If your interested in small gang PvP in nul-sec that trains you to be more than an F1 monkey check out PN4.

Should've bookmarked exits.

Thank you very much I kept looking through google and couldn't find it.

Scan down an exit. Also remember to bookmark the WH you came in through in the future.

Welcome to the w-space trips, where you dont know when you can go home. More often than not you'll double the amount of isk you have in the cargohold trying to find a decent exit, in my experience.

>newfag loses his 3mil T1 destroyer to neut fleet
>cries how defense fleet was too slow to save his ass

Get better scan skills and use sisters probes then.

who seriously has a female character in eve? lmao

I wanted to make Faith don't fucking judge me cunt

Good taste, user.

>not just giving it a new model

Set your drones to passive.

You're staying on for ~650m+300m isk. Less than a bil. That's fucking chump change son. Hell you've nearly lost that much already staying on. Just cut your losses and go somewhere else. Better yet refer yourself another account and plex that bitch instead.

Look for lower class wormholes. Wormholes will often connect with something lower than themselves. Just follow the chain down till you find a C2 or C1 and that should find you a HS exit.
As this user said keep an eye out for relic sites in the other wormholes on your way back. Just keep an eye out for hunters.
Also as these guys said bookmark everything, also a good idea to use a wormhole mapping application like tripwire.
Try to include the destination if you know it, the sig letters, the hole type and the time you found it in the bookmarks.

I could be talking out my ass but if I recall there's an agro check every 15 seconds or something and whatever does the most damage at that point will cop the agro.

>As this user said keep an eye out for relic sites in the other wormholes on your way back. Just keep an eye out for hunters.
Don't sleepers blap you?

>300mil isk
just click on the OP referral and you get 1bil

what sort of shit corp did you join?
any sensible corp will accept your shit SP and just let you age while you fly cheap t1 tackle in the meantime

One that doesn't have room for people who need to fly cheap t1 tackle, but that's just my choice, there are other options.

>no room
is that codeword for terrible leadership?

pirate relic/data sites in c1-3s don't have sleepers

I've missed out..

Some corps have sp and ability to fly doctrine ship requirements.

they're a mainstay income of explorers and explorer hunters

>data/relic sites with sleepers have less payout in the cans than pirate sites

why is this allowed?

because you get blue loot and salvage too

contact Signal Cartel

>Better yet refer yourself another account and plex that bitch instead.
Advice from a retard who doesn't know how the system works.

He is Alpha now, if he referred himself a second account and PLEXed the second account, the '30 days of Omega' reward would go to the first account's redemption list, but be unclaimable, because the first account would still be Alpha.

You need to be Omega to claim referral rewards.

He would need to farm two PLEX (remember, he doesn't want to pay money) to do what you're suggesting, and get a total of 60 days Omega on the first account and 30 days Omega on the second, which is fine, but doesn't help him make the first account Omega any quicker.

>doctrine