Veeky Forums talk me out of buying this clean ass 300zx tt 2+0 with 77k miles on it

Veeky Forums talk me out of buying this clean ass 300zx tt 2+0 with 77k miles on it.

inb4 difficult to work on
I dont care will just be a non winter/Sunday driver.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WMVIDi-2_FQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

buy it

Buy it, its great. Plus the timing belt was replaced recently since its at 77k

Buy it. It's sexy as hell BUY BUY BUY.

Sounds too good to be true.

how much?

buy it

what sounds too good to be true? Op never mentioned the price

12.5k, seems a little high

Not bad if it's been maintained with service records, better be manual

Nice. Has it been resprayed?

Do it OP that interior is MINT, offer 10.5 maybe 11 cash!

What's your plan with it? I know you said non winter/weekend car but like do you plan on making fun road trips, car shows, meets, tracking, hooning, ect? Cause they're really nice and I'd never say "fuck that" to a clean one but there might be something that fits a niche you want better. That said, they're great all around for most things.

a well maintained 300zxtt is kind of hard to find. If it has great service records and isn't soon due for 100k miles service, I think its fair.

probably keep it mostly stock, just drive it, and enjoy it.

Buy it, stance it, and LS swap it

Why buy this when you can get a clean Mk 3 Supra and swap a 2j w/ a 6spd for the same price? You'll have a faster car with better reliability and it's easier to work on.

Buy it faggot

jimmy oakes is that you

nigger you could a JDM one for that much

>muh rhd
Why would he go through the hassle of importing if he has a clean offer in front of him?

A vg30dett is just as capable as a 2jz. 450hp is only exhaust, injectors and a tune away.

Because that means a clean offer in front of him shouldn't be anywhere that expensive you mongoloid

They have no redeeming features. Big fat car with a truck engine in it. The TTs are sort of neat but still fuckin' slow.

Would skip/10.

>A vg30dett is just as capable as a 2jz
Do you really believe that or are you just memeing?

>A vg30dett is just as capable as a 2jz

In stock form? Maybe.

With mods? kek.

>can hold 600hp on stock internals
>spools two turbos like an RB spools one
>much cheaper to buy
>aftermarket is becoming really good

The only reason why the 30dett isn't more popular is because you have to buy two of everything because muh cross flow and that makes it expensive.

Yeah it will never be the legend that the pig iron 2j will be for what it costs it's a highly capable motor

12k for a 91 is a tad expensive friend

>morons who don't know the Z

The 300zx goes mod for mod with a supra. We roll a 900whp for fun at the shop. Our street ones run 600whp to 800whp. There is nothing special about a 2jz that a VG can't do. The Z's can run dual GTX turbo and hit 1500+ whp just like a supra.

Unless you can post proof I'ma gonna call bullshit. It's a great engine but you are seriously cutting into reliability once you get up past 500hp.

It is also alot cheaper and easier to add power to a Supra.

T. Former 300zxtt owner.

>seriously cutting into reliability
Both cars need to be built when you start getting those levels. Period. Well 600hp. Also, we build 500 whp stock block Z's weekly. We just did 462 whp on a stock AUTO with stock turbos last weekend. You can see it on out instagram. You can see our convertible with 650whp that has over 40k miles on the build too.

Cheaper? Absolutely, you don't need two turbos. Everything else is about the same (though our buddy runs a single turbo Z "bane")
>6 injectors
>fuel pumps
>ECU
>boost controller
>intercoolers
>cams
>exhaust
>DP
>cam gears
etc etc etc. And it's the same work to get the same power, again, besides the twin turbos compared to a single. I have posted proof on this site for years, and night wave has been to our shop. The supra is nothing special anymore. Back in the day it made big power, but everyone else caught up. Not to mention the power band on the TT is WAY better.

Wrong

How many sub 6 second 1/4 mile vg30s are there?

A billion.

Seriously WTF does this have to do with anything. Something being more popular has nothing to do with each engines ability to produce power. Also the fastest 2jz is ONE guy running 5.9. In an actual drag car. Completely goal post moving irrelevant. The vastest VG is like 6.2 or something.
Not to mention the VG30 holds the record at boneville land speed record for like 26 years. But both are irrelevant to the conversation, go use liberal tactics somewhere else.

A stock block VG can't take 700 horsepow-

youtube.com/watch?v=WMVIDi-2_FQ

Your worried about liberal tactics while defending Nissan scum? Please...

The 2jz has always, and will always be the superior engine.

DO IT OP
someone on motive DVD built a 1100 vg30dett

but a VG can't run with only one head. checkmate VG fags.

DELETE THIS

Do it OP. 12k is a solid price for that car. They are going up in value so you'll never lose money.

Try to talk him down closer to 10k, especially if they haven't had the injectors upgraded to the new style.

Yes, buy a worse chassis and spend valuable time swapping engines. Do a half-assed job like 95% of swaps and end up with no air conditioning or (depending on levels of laziness) power steering. Brilliant plan.

Thinking real hard about ditching my honda accord 3.0 for a 300zx. Whats your insta?

Still better than buying a 12.5k 300zx

You literally cannot get any dumber than this fucknut.

Rather pay $40k for a Mark 4 Supra right?

Auto too

Read the thread retard.
And you cannot be anymore deluded, scum.

>I don't care how difficult it is to work on
Because you haven't worked in one yet. Working on a VG30DETT is a fucking nightmare. You'll love this car when it's running but you'll hate life when something bad happens.

If you get it, swap an RB