/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh (embed) (embed)

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur (embed) (embed)
>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

eotugame.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

stupid spider you are not a strategy game

SOON : eotugame.com/

Just changed the Utopia main theme to some random track from the game. Why is the Utopia theme so fucking shit?

Peace in our time

But those are ants. Not spiders.

And spiders = arachnids, not insects

Same shit

But spiders are bound to be enemies in that game. Or do I need to talk about Swarm Assault, Simant, Warlord Battlecry, and all the strategy games that feature spiders?

I'm arachnophobe and you're forcing me to remember games that I tried to forget.

I can't get factions and pops to rebel, what the fuck do I need to do to piss these people off? I want my sectors to break off so I can vassalize then instead.

OP has made spiders the enemy

Now you're making me wish for a good colony game.

Can I just mod Age of Empires 2 and pretend I'm playing with spiders fighting ants?

It's not like I want you to give me rights, baka.

Spiders are for giving many high-fives, not squishing!

So watching a FaF replay is not the same as watching a FA replay, okay.
Got a direct link to that faggot's Youtube channel? I suppose googling Gyle won't yield good results.

What the fuck just happened? I annexed the Vokkon system a good few years back and suddenly it's not mine anymore, they didn't rebel or anything.
The only pops on the planet are droids, even though it had the pops of the xenos I conquered...? Did I get memed?

>sots is amazing
>sots2 is god awful
>tfw there will never be a sots3 they redeem themselves with

That fleet on the right is going to be fucked because I have three fucking fleets tied down by a fucking mining outpost. Good fucking job, Paradox. I remember in the history lessons how a German panzer division sent to help out some pinned down infantry was critically delayed because they had to shoot a fucking barn because it existed and they saw it. Despite multiple orders by Hitler himself, the tanks kept going for the barn instead of following orders because that fucking barn had to be destroyed no matter the cost. After the barn had been destroyed the Germans lost an entire division, but good god did that grain and two cows blow the fuck up.

What weapons, what drive?

>form a federation with a fallen empire to beat down the unbidden
oh OK

goddamn, only 50 years in the game and it's already chugging like its a 150 year old game. im trying the .25x habitable world setup but it hasnt improved performance.

I'm kind of annoyed by that too, it seems like my fleets wind up getting dragged into combat at like 200 range and have to slow boat for a week until they get a firing solution. Why can't I get a hotdrop on this shit so it can die instantly? I almost prefer military stations late game just because it lets me get to my target faster.

Full Kinetic and Hangars with a few Plasma,
a bunch of corvettes with afterburners and stormfire autocannons tear assholes apart.
Only use Warp because hyperlanes are god awful and Wormhole is too fucking slow.

>21 tile exceptional mineral planet with 85% hab

F.

who cares nigga, give us updates on PEACE WARS

Mix of plasma and kinetic.
Wormholes.

>Warp your fleet to an enemy system with their fleet.
>Warp wind-down of 10-50 days letting your enemy run away while your ships can't even move.
>Wormhole there.
>Takes ~45 days to warp a big fleet (if it's in the wormhole station system) to the enemy system, they can move and engage instantly, the enemy doesn't have the time to run away.

Does anyone else think territory should be redone in Stellaris? At least from the perspective of hyper lanes, it's frustrating when you have to waste influence dropping an outpost just to secure a system that has nothing worthwhile in it. Either that, or border territories should overlap a bit or territory should have a no mans land between them.

HERO

Yes user. You are.

ignore the pic title
The pink cats are winning, the blue elves have less fleet cap than me or the cats so it looks like their time is up. might be a good time for me to opportunistically take a system from them.

Playing as a Manic science and base xenophobe dude, what ascension should i go? Do going synth mess with xenophobe? Does genetic engineering?

That was the idea, but the AI was actually warping away while I was waiting for the wormhole to complete, and if I change the wormhole destination before it's complete it resets the timer and they just do it again. It's making this playthrough infuriating.

I still have no idea who that girl is but I see her quite a lot.

You totally should, show them how a real civ wages war. Also, if they are pacifist, it's a liberation war, so a new faction will spawn on the ceded planets. You may want to wait til the end of the war and attack the loser. That way, you won't have to deal with the winner and their new ally, the liberated faction.

She's Dr. Pepper's Japanese mascot.

Kurisu from Steins;gate, the vn is good, the anime is shit.

>both the game and the wiki claim that government capital buildings can generate influence
>both claim the empire-capital complex will produce influence
>it actually costs influence
>doesn't produce any at all
I need to find the influence value with cheat engine. I can't be bothered with it when there's no way to reliably produce it, outside of being a democracy or being a warmonger.

Did you he have a massive amount of corvettes while you had mostly battleships?

Wait, she's the orignal version of that bitch who can't even kick a fucking ball straight?

They used to produce influence, they now produce unity.

Just open the console.
The empire capital complex (ie highest level on capital only) used to produce 1 influence, but it's just unity now, and all of them produce unity.
And the wiki doesn't say anything about them producing influence.

Rivalries and keeping factions happy, factions are piss easy to please.

Can you use shortcuts to mod folders? My C drive is already low on space and I want to add some music mods.

No, it's early, so we both have corvs. Still made him my bitch though because the AI is so dumb I distracted him with a single corv while I spent time rebuilding my fleet.

Shit yes, some factions are so easy to please. Free +1 influence a month.

Though really all this doesn't address the main problem.
Democracies can generate 250 influence every 10 years rather easily and don't use any.
Authoritarian regimes don't, and they likely need it to resettle pops around.

You can go synthetic if you want to manuially build new pops.

If you go genetic, your species will be worse than synths, but you won’t have to build them nanually.

>Play hive mind
>find 25 tile gaia planet which is not a holy world

Why is this game so mean.

>What weapons
Lasers or kinetic.
>what drive
Hyperdrive is the fastest but hyperlanes can fuck you.
Warp is slow but has no other major drawback except the unlikely event the cooldown gets your fleet destroyed.
Wormhole is just fun.

>Start my first real Stellaris game (had dipped my toes a bit but this was the first real playthrough)
>Year 2300ish
>Everything is going peachy, early-on got invited into a federation of similar-minded people, we already almost control 60%
>My fleet is probably only a match to Fallen Empires right now, at around 60k stronk
>I have the most territory out of any other individual empire in the game
>My research is through the roof compared to everyone else
>Even found a world which terraformed into Gaia with an event

>However I have a Federation empire locked inside my borders, but they won't even agree to get vassalized

Should I just leave the Federation and go nuclear on my old buddies? Vassalize them? Anything?

I'm getting the urge to do it to make things interesting since it's been such a smooth ride until now.

Should I? We've been such good buds though...

>take all diplomacy traditions
>no one wants to join my federation

if you play using any sort of diplomacy, you're a cuck, and shouldn't post here.

>year 2300ish
Just research the jump drive. That'll make things more interesting.

I haven't gotten the option to

>you're a cuck
user we understand you're insecure about your masculinity but what does that have to do with anything?

>t. Fanatic Militarist Xenophobe Authoritarian (and also probably Spiritualist)

ebin purgers shouldn't post here

t. 6 ethic point civ

How in the fuck do alpine pref pops make their way to the only savanna world in my empire when there's a perfectly serviceable empty ringworld two systems over?

>prethoryn cities are just recolored fungoid
>ai rebel cities are just recolored reptilian

Here I was expecting something from Paracox.

I love mastery of nature so fucking much

I mean synth ascendancy was a pain because nobabies but now I have to juggle seven (subs)pecies and re-sculpt them every other year because they always migrate against their habitability prefs.
Free movement was a mistake.

Kek, I had alpine pops in my empire but they weren't my primary pop, they were tropical. I'd colonize a tropical world for my primary pops and the alpine shitheads would migrate to it en masse. Happened more than once.

>allowing free xeno migration
>allowing xenos at all into your empire

Yopu are the one to blame, you dont have to kill them, just dont let them in.

what happens to then? capped happiness by their habilitaty number?

>Be Desert Master Race
>Get absorbed into some shitty arctic fox's empire
>Decide it'd be a right laugh to migrate to all of their arctic worlds
>After arriving there, am immediately unhappy and am rioting in the streets
>Planet goes on full riot mode
>End up getting put on an undesirable list and purged

Such is life of the nomadic

>Stellaris is another game where war is just death stacks

Paradox should look to King of Dragon Pass for games like Stellaris and CK2 when it comes to these things and let generals have a 'heroic moment' during wars where you can let them risk their lives for the chance at an odd outcome.

>50 years since unbidden appeared
>they've only managed six (6) anchors

Step it up you bastards, the whole galaxy is up for grabs

I just got the unbidden as my crisis. It was very underwhelming, I thought it was going long since it spawned at the exact opposite end of the Galaxy.

Are the other two any more difficult? I basically dropped my steaming hot load of 240k fleet power on their portal and called it a day, though they did nom a few planets before I got there.

>egalitarian + fan. xenophobe mega-corporation
>can process alien species into food but can't enslave them

>(embed) (embed) (embed)

They really dropped the ball on the egalitarian-xenophobe divide. Pre-utopia, they handled it pretty well with equality for your species but not for others, now the Democratic Party gets pissed if you don't embrace xenophile as well.

Hey, last thread had SEVEN (embed) about Civ VI's district cheat sheet.

Not that I know of.

There are different kinds of hyperlanes in Endless Space.

Killing someone just because is tyrannical.
Killing someone to feed the masses is generous.

WHERE DID EVERYTHING GO WRONG?!

>Be egalitarian xenophobe
>Partake in the slave trade out of africa and make mad dash
>Egalitarian portion of my nation loses its shit and we have a huge ass civil war- the bloodiest war in our entire history

Wow, really Paradox?

Holy fucking shit

It's funny that OP fixed that one but not the others.

Best lube up mate. You're fuckin done

youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4

Anyone have any tips on how to start playing Distant Worlds

Is just researching Jump Drives able to summon the Unbidden or do I need to actually use them?

>Nozomi

It went wrong when you played as the fucking U.N.

I fixed the most glaring one. I missed the others.

First, turn off ALL automatons.
Second, do the tutorial.
Third, save often.
Fourth, understand the game before activating any automaton at all.
Fifth, automaton will update your blueprints but not add new component, so once you unlock a new one, add it. Don't let all your civilians ship go without hyperdrive.

>2352
>140 mineral income
>61 energy income
>capped energy
>23k fleet size
>that low science
>that fleet cap

>United Nations of Earth
that's when

You need to use them, but that doesn't matter if you're unlucky enough to have a neighbor who uses them anyways

This.

There's a reason why slaughtering cows is fine but killing dolphins is naughty.

That would be more acceptable if the factions weren't so aligned to one specific ethos. They should've done a mix of single ethos factions and dual/triple ethos groups, like how they handle the pacifist-xenophobic group and the normal one.

>play democratic human nation
>never get any authoritarian factions
>watch the news on tv
>authoritarian factions have just overthrown democratic turkey

Can FEs summon them?

No, FE's have a safe version

I've heard the other crisis don't ever appear since the AI always researches it if it shows

>Just by having ayys in your empire that aren't slaves makes the xenophile faction grow retardedly strong.
Fuck you paradicks.

>Me democracy
>Get mining mandate
>Delete and rebuild 4 mines
>It doesn't count

So after the early phase of the game I just have to have a stream of presidents who endlessly fail their mandate because the game is poorly designed?

I just want them to finish sots2. Proper AI. Polished UI. Multithreading so it can actually be run at reasonable rates.

There's a good game under all that rubble, but I swear to god, you'd need Jack Henry to dig it all out.

I dont see anything wrong with this

Welcome to Paradox.