What are the downsides to a camaro ss?

what are the downsides to a camaro ss?

Last gen is heavy as fuck and handles like a pig (Z28 excluded), though the new gen handles pretty good. Both of them have godawful visibility that takes half a year just to get used to. Prolly the only car where I'd voluntarily get lane warning sensors.

visibility is always an issue. Good luck ever having to look over your shoulder because its very difficult to see. It also feels like a very wide car partly because you can't really "feel" how big the back end is.

Thats really all I can think of, its a neat car othewise

mine was in ohio on a rail car as of 3 days ago

Wow, this camaro actually has windows. The newer ones aren't equipped with them

When are you picking it up? Wouldn't mind to see more reviews on Veeky Forums

between 1-2 weeks, it has to get to NV

oops. forgot. my r trip

Did we just get another tripfag cancerposter?

lurk moar newfag

I owned a 5th gen.

Downsides:
>Heavy, very heavy. You can feel the weight of the car fighting the breaks when you try to slow down. Stock suspension is terrible. Much better with upgrades.
>Cheap shitty plastic interior. Ungodly amount of rattles. Terrible sound systems (even the high end ones)
>Transmission is really noisy and constantly sounds like its about to break
>Visibility is the worst out of any car I've ever owned. parking lots are dangerous because you cant see cars coming at perpendicular angles. you have to stop 40 feet behind a stop light to see it.
>seats are also pretty terrible, no lumbar option
>trunk opening is so small it's basically useless for anything except groceries
>did I mention the interior? It's really bad.
>Non usable 2nd row of seats
>Doors are weirdly long and make getting in and out of the car without hitting anything very difficult

Eventually someone will pull up next to you in a 1LE and you'll have to go commit sudoku from the shame

Horrible visibility. The auto is laughably bad. xbox huge. That's about it IMO. SS model.

took a half hour to get used to the ungodly large pillars

step 1, get rid of the world's most expensive 19 inch rims.

I almost got one. I like the idea of a Camaro. On paper and on the racetrack it bests it's biggest rivals, the Mustang and the Challenger. However...

>can't see shit out of the thing
>back seat is 90% unusable
>trunk space is tiny you can't put shit back there
>they should actually just make this a two seater car and add trunk space, nobody is sitting in that back seat lol
>I didn't care for the interior and felt uncomfortable and cramped

I really do like the Camaro as a toy car or a track car but in real daily life it would fucking suck to drive. I test drove it, the Mustang and the Challenger and after that I had no doubt that the Challenger was the obvious choice.

theyre 20s, and how expensive are they?

>what are the downsides to a camaro ss

The retards who buy them.

Big, heavy, ugly, thirsty, shitty interior, terrible visibility, numb steering, driven by normie posers.

I can't really think of any upsides tbqh.

It's all about the 4th gen catfish

>godawful visibility that takes half a year just to get used to
lies
took me 2 weeks to get used to a 2014 SS rental

buddys of mine have 2017s and they said the same thing.

please leave it on so my filter continues to work

ausfag here that has a ancient holden commodore with a ls1 and t56

sounds even worse than my pile of shit.

God dman and i was hoping a RHD camaro would ocme here eventutally.

shit

As an American it sounds so appealing to drive a holden. Fuck these shitty burger cars. I wanna rip a ute or a commodore.

Also yes I'm aware Holden is GM.

Fuck off Falcunt.

The new camaros are huge on the inside, I'm 6'1 and can comfortably get in and out of the backseat

eventually youll have to throw down with those mustang guys

Buy a Chevy SS The latest GTO or a Pontiac G8 voila, Holden.

Zl1 does not handle like a pig either.

very true i dd a 14 zl1 and the not being able to see shit out isnt true either stop making it sound like your a woman driver

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

It's slower than a Civic.

OK user. This board is one big meme spouting shit hole who hate GM so odd place to ask an opinion about a Camaro. I own a 2010 Camaro SS and I just ordered a 2017 SS. If you want this car the only genuine downside is it's poor visibility. It really is bad. The blind spot is horrible. Other than that? Well what do you want? Do you want a Camaro? meaning this car does not compromise on what it is. It makes no apologies for what it is. You either want one or you don't. It's a big, loud, brash car and that's why the people who buy them buy them. The handling is fine, don't listen to the faggots on here who compare it to a fucking miata. It is not a light car built for handling. It is a muscle car (the 6th gens handle quite well actually, but you posted a 5th gen and they are waaayyy cheaper so im mostly talking about those). They are fast. Genuinely fast. Not corvette fast, but fucking fast. 0-60 with your launch control on takes about 4.5 seconds. The spergs and bench racer on this shit board will say that's "slow". No. In the real world, compared to normal cars, these are fucking fast. Driving it feels like holding a tiger on a leash. I wants to accelerate. Gas mileage is decent for a 6.2 liter V8. It is very comfortable to sit in and you get used to the visibility. To sum this ramble up you either want something like this or you don't. Don't buy a 5th gen for a track car, don't buy a v8 for practicality. If what you want is a big, comfy, stylish (if you like this style, some will find it ugly but if you live in america 99% of people dig it) car that is fast as shit in a straight line for really fucking cheap, this is your car. Stop being a fag and go actually drive one and you will know if you want it or not.

Challenger is much more comfy and looks the part better. I never cared about benchracing because realistically, you're flying between lights 1000x more often than taking it out on the track or something. Also...why does pic related have super bee badging?
>The handling is fine, don't listen to the faggots on here who compare it to a fucking miata
Yeah, never take handling complaints on Veeky Forums seriously, they think American cars can't handle at all. On top of that, they're busriders

Super bee badges on the RT scat pack. Also yeah the mouthbreathers who worship 25 year old shit boxes act like any big american car has handling so bad they literally can't turn. None of them has any idea what they're talking about.