/mcg/ - Minecraft General

Hope I don't fuck up the OP edition:
Old bread: >>>>We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
>Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
>If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
>Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.
>>==[Links]==Various guides and other resources mcgeneral.wikia.com/wiki//mcg/_Wikia
>OP text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!): public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op
>Modding FAQ: public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq
>NEW SERVER LIST: serblist.com
>Old serb list (own a serb? please move to the new site): docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiZ4nkhea5nXdERzVXFWVFp1SEN5SjM2WnNwVjZPUEE&usp=sheets_web#gid=0
>Questions about making your own mods? Check the below for info. For any other questions, check the IRC:
>mcforge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
>modwiki.temporal-reality.com/mw/index.php/Main_Page
>/mcg/ IRC circlejerk channel: #/mcg/ on Rizon
>Skype Apiary: join.skype.com/xEyegIrtgwMO
>Curse Modpack Downloader: github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
>DL from Releases, Unpack, follow directions of the readme!
>>==[News]==Better with Mods released: mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/246760-better-with-mods
>Baubles Minus Botania, Thaumic Bases forks found here: github.com/KryptonCaptain
>Asie has been working on asie.pl/foamfix/, which remedies 1.10+ RAM issues,
>as well as a few others, github.com/FabricMC, youtube.com/watch?v=IYsKMuvrvM8
>GoG update is finished minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/grimoire-of-gaia/files/2385039
>user has been producing various chunk based art public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op
>Thermal Expansion 5 came out, bringing 1.10.2 that much closer to the status quo.

Other urls found in this thread:

mctrainmanguide.wordpress.com/
bot.notenoughmods.com/1.7.10.html
piratepad.net/autismserb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for your hopes and dreams have been crushed OP

>TS2 GalactiCraft fags BTFO at all this aluminum use for tren

It already looks marvelous, even though it's basic.

>Option 1: Regrowth
>Option 2: All the Mods
>Have gotten far enough in both of them that they start branching out by ridiculous amounts

Which one?

>Hope I don't fuck up the OP edition:

You had ONE job

Is the map ready castlefag?

To do:

>Place non-unique items in chests 50% done
>Make monsters drop quest items and uniques
>Make quests actually work so the multiple endings can be implemented.
>Place the hidden books and stories.
>Polish dialogs.
And I guess that would be it. Uniques, descriptions, lore n' shit is ready.

Do you use horses? Just curious since I only see vanillafags using them.

Reminder, if you want to into trains or rail systems and you need help, check mctrainmanguide.wordpress.com/

If you need ideas or help with something I haven't covered, let me know.

In modded, if they are around and I am still in the 'I want to explore for a base but I don't have a whole lot of food" stage.

The fact that horses are synced to the server when ridden and not synced to the player or become a player dependant object makes them super annoying to use, since any world loading means your horse is gonna tard out.

Hey, how did you balanced the enemies?
Like which are the base stats for health, meele/ranged damaged and which weapons and armor you are using as base.

>Polish dialogs.

Kurwa!

Made a tier 2 void resource miner, and it looks like I have another source of netherrack.

>Implying I balance shit

Well, actually I do. I use the zombie as the basic enemy in life, speed and damage. But I think it shouldn't matter that much because a skilled player should be able to clear entire areas virtually undamaged.

This game is meant to be played with a shield. Enemies are damn powerful, but they all have their weaknesses and tricks, and you'll be obtaining all sorts of overpowered items if you explore enough. Some of my casul friends played it and they skipped all the uniques, and so they got rekt in nasty ways. As if this wasn't enough, there's all sorts of traps and some castlevania 1-tier hard platforming.

Finally, there's something I decided to call "The Iron challenge" which is pretty much beating the game with a full iron set, which is mid-tier equipment. I've tested every monster and boss with an iron set on to see if I could beat the game myself and it's actually doable. That means that if you get all the special items and abilities you should have no major issues with anything. And if you don't like the platforming... just find the right items and it will be babby tier.

tl;dr: all stats to 3-4.

Can zombies see through glass in ZA?
You'll catch fire!

New to modding, just installed forge.

Whats the best patch to mod on?
What are some good mods? I like playing on vanilla, and I would prefer not getting some heavy mods like Thaum, Tinkers etc

1.7.10 for more mod and variety
1.10.whatever for Up to date and a handful of stuff not on 1.7.10

That can be easily handled by turning this thing on and dipping in this pool of water for a bit.

This spawn I just got.
Wewlad

Hopefully I tweaked everything right in the orespawn, otherwise i'd have to remake it.

I ask because my most basic npcs can one shot kill you with iron armor and need 7-8 hits to die with an iron sword which is too overpowered, and that´s because I based them of the crimson knights instead of the player stats. So thats why I ask whats their attack and health stats.

Where did u get those confy titans/giants?

Custom NPcs adds it.

All of the NPCS I made are just skins+CustomNPCS, then editing the body. Some modelds are from GrimoireofGaia and some others from Witchery. They all have their skills and weaknesses, but not much variation.

any way to use the mmc without an account?

Damn, I'm kind of jelly actually. Seems like a fun spawn.

Decided to finally make one of these, so I don't have to worry about dying from heatstroke or hypothermia whenever I afk for like a minute.

mod?

looks like Tough as nails + Tough expansion

thanks.

What modpack?

Dunno why, but wanted to get back in minecraft, Ive already gone through the faq in the op, but I want your opinions, what mods should I get?

Forever Stranded.

What server are you guys playing on these days?

Whatever mods sound fun

but there are so many now, and in so many different versions

Well, what did you like before?

Maybe you should do your own research?

>Hey guys, what kind of house should I buy? theres so many now, and so many different versions

That ded, huh? Whatever happened to Trainserb?

I will just try one of these modpacks and get the hang of it, thanks for the interest

Have fun

Any recommendations on which pac?

The pleasure of making one yourself :6)

Nope, I can't really recommend anything. Can't remember anything about any of them other than the fact that Tekkit had tech mods. I've also played GT Horizons, but I don't even remember what all it had in it.

I recommend starting off of a big tech mod if that's what you're into, like Industrial Craft 2 or Buildcraft or something.
bot.notenoughmods.com/1.7.10.html

Man, this place is nice to look at. Also, I was unsatisfied with my previous house as it was too small.

Anyone who has used Bamboo mod (Jap mod)
How does the Rice planting work
and
How do you get straw?

>punch grass to get seedrice
>plant seedrice
>???
>straw

>plant seed rice (on dirt)
>it pops up
>???

Also, yes, straw.

Ah, it doesnt accept modded dirt.
Oh well.

But still, straw.

Straw will come to you in due time.

So, never. Gotcha.

It's a byproduct of Rice harvesting.
Oh boy.

Apparently these Enderman also have Zombie Pigmen AI, where if you attack one, ones nearby turn hostile too.

Took you a while to figure it out.
I'm proud of you, user.

Nigga, fuck you

no u

>To do:
>>Make monsters drop quest items and uniques
>>Make quests actually work so the multiple endings can be implemented.

>>Place the hidden books and stories.
>>Polish dialogs.
There's so little left yet it's so much work.

I'll try to work hard so I have the map done in 2 weeks at most.

Also, while fucking around with Bamboo Mod.
>pic related

I never knew what the fuck the mini block shit did.

Until I did.

Maybe one day Ill write up wiki entries on all these Jap mods.

did that new gregtech server every go up?

which? you have dahjins and the other.

What do you think of the start of my mushroom town?

user posted a url last thread, I think

does railcraft introduce those gradual-curved tracks or is that exclusive to traincraft

I like this. RTG right? Seed?

Has anyone ported Runecraft to 1.10?

If TiCon isn't good, then what tool-replacing mods are?

Hardmode: Don't suggest vanilla tools.

If anyone chooses to use rouguelike dungeons, fucking dont go in them until you are able to remake everything you take with you if you die and DONT OPEN THE FUCKING CHESTS.

;_;

Hammerz and Lumberjack add the tools I miss the most from it.

>Lumberjack
woah didn't know this existed. but i started using veinminer so oh well

Is there a mod or something out there that can give a player "easy mode", but not all players? Trying to make a server for some friends, only some of them like the survival aspect, the others just want to build. Maybe a limited form of creative mode that can only spawn certain blocks? Or even something that would give life / hunger regeneration and make monster ignore you.

You fell for the creeper room, didn't you?

EBXL + RTG

you should, that's what the mcg wiki was made for

Go away jojo faggot.

there's two of them now?
i had assumed no /mcg/ servers other than maybe the NH one was up for a while now.

piratepad.net/autismserb

/mcg/ is not for rude

yes. yes i did.

3 hours of progress, gone.

So how long until Microsoft makes it impossible to use any version older than the most recent one?

Minecraft has one of the largest fanbases for a game. if they tried, someone in the community would make it possible, and probably in short order, too.

Good job.

yo what the fuck are those lights/tunnels underwater and why are they visible

Glowing seaweed shit. No idea what mod.

Lucky!

a mutated south america. you know what to do. destroy it with an ic2 reactor.

Build a wall around it.

What program are you using to visualise the map like that?

Journeymap

Thanks user, will try it out.

don't. use voxelmap

>TS2 GalactiCraft fags BTFO at all this aluminum use for tren

That's okay. Assuming you get your wish and it can be smelted back down to ingots, we're gonna harvest that.

RECOMMEND ME A MODPACK
FUCK

One you've made yourself.

gt new horizons

Left or right?

Some Enderman farming and tons more diamonds later, I managed to upgrade this Solar Array.

right, looks less monochromatic.

To those that want to know the whopping amount of energy this thing cranks out during the day.

NO

And there is one more tier after this that quadruples the power output, but I have to kill the Wither 44 times for it.

Usually the only mods I use are visual mods or mods that blend very seamlessly with vanilla, like Quark. Any recommendations for 1.10.2?