Alt-History

Does Veeky Forums ever create or think about alternate history scenarios?

Post maps, timelines, or ideas.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Poland_during_World_War_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, I have a job.

I often wonder what I'd be doing if I hadn't started wondering about alternate timelines

You'd have made a success of your life and be chilling in your mansion on Malibu beach, watching your white wife and twelve blonde children frolicking in the sea.

Central powers victory

Axis victory

>Switzerland still exists

Why do so many naziboos make this mistake? Switzerland was to be partitioned between Germany, Italy and France in the event of an Axis victory.

Hypothetical post-conflict utopian Europe. ;)

>actual Czech/Polish/French names
neat

Here is a true central powers victory map, accept no subsitutes.

how exactly would having huge german minorities in those countries prevent conflicts?

I sometimes think of an alternate history where a quasi-utopian state emerges in western europe.

See in the 1890's a rich American tycoon dies and leaves his entire fortune to nikola tesla who uses it to buy the Balearic Islands from spain.

He then spends the next 50 years turning it into a modern industrial state and luring the greatest minds of the age to Palma.

He increases the states size after the Rif war when he annexes Valencia from Spain and again during the Spanish civil war by annexing Catalonia from the Republic. He enters WW2 on the side of the allies but only as a Co-belligerent. Ending the war with Sardinia, Tunis and much of the Algerian coast. Only to have to fight France over its north African holdings.

Then he expels all Muslims from his lands and populates them with Spanish and eastern christians, like coptic egyptians, who he gives asylum to.

I've tried to recreate it on Hoi through modding but it really is a bitch. Realistically though Tesla, being the autist that he was, would have blown all the money inventing some electrical anal licker or something.

The romantic idea of just one guy making a state like that out of modest beginnings though is really neat to me.

Most Germans in this timeline are already dead because of the war and their ridiculously low birthrates.

I've finished one map but haven't yet bothered with a write-up but I do spend a lot of time thinking about this "what-if" or another.
Here's a random map I saved not too long ago.

Anyway, I have a ton of maps so if anyone has any requests (soviet/axis wanks, future, medieval,...), I'll be happy to post more.

I could see them approaching the minority question from different angles, from limited minority rights to expulsion.

but this timeline would only separate from ours after WW2, right?
Then why would German birth rates and war casulties be any different than in real life?

What's going on here?

No I'd rather not be belgian

Because they wouldn't have a unified state.

Like it or not ww2's strategy of dividing it up worked great at keeping them docile. It isn't trampling on people that makes them rebel, it's not trampling on them enough.

How exactly does having a large kurdish minority in 5 countries keep them from starting a world war?

They're too busy pining over a unified Kurdistan, that's how.

expulsion to where?

And thats why countries that were arbitary created while ignoring cultural borders tend to be so peaceful?

Because starting shit means starting shit with six different countries at the same time

yeah, and then Europe would look today as peaceful as the said 5 countries, instead of having Germany as the guarantor of peace and prosperity in Europe that it is today.

The goal is preventing world war not keeping germans happy. Like it or not though if you trample on people enough they tend to stop being uppity. If they don't it's because you didn't trample on them enough.

Or it's more of the fact that 2 out of those nations have a stable infrastructure and actual military to keep them from starting a "world war" with their soviet-era AK's and armored mountain goats.
>5 countries
What country did they claim now has "k*rdish land" as 5th? Germany where there are like a million of them?

Please, first worlders can't into guerilla wars. All you'd have to do is give them some sort of representation and make sure the streets were clean and theyd stay at home eating big German sausages all day.

I don't know the political situation in Poland and Czechia so I can't say what the Soviets would do to help with the German problem but the anti-German violence in the countries would probably lead to the Germans to flee; a big part probably to Austria and the rest to the west and to the Americas. f course, it wouldn't lead to everyone moving.

Balearic superpower sounds pretty cool

have you heard of ireland? yugoslavia? rings any bells?

Neither of those are Germany.

> Yugoslavia
> first world

Your only good example is a god forsaken island full of degenerate drunken catholic potato goblins ruled by tea swilling protestants.

They are examples for etchnic tensions leading to guerilla war in Europe.
Unless you believe that Germans are somehow magically different, this is exactly what would happen if that plan was made reality

And it took them like 200 years and they were mediocre afterwards

>this is exactly what would happen
Not if Germany was beat proper, no.

When I was in high-school I wrote an alternate
Cold-War history story set in the 70's-90's.

what do you mean exactly by "beat proper"?

Sounds like you were one cool dude

Go into germany, take berlin, bomb every city, kill every unit that resists and some that dont, rape the women, partition the state.

Essentially be the red army with no western allies.

When I was in highschool my friends left me behind.

And then what? You are gonna have guerilla fighters 5 years down the road
Or can you give me any example where people were successfully supressed forever?

>You are gonna have guerilla fighters 5 years down the road
LIke occupied Germany did?

>can you give me any example where people were successfully supressed forever?
Literally all of western expansion

Ouch

Yeah thats true, its one of the reasons for the Alaska purchase, to put pressure on canada for British Colombia, but why do we own the Calafornian peninsula, i dont know, why not?

like?

Good thing you don't need friends to build an Empire.

Just subjects

The Comanche

> inb4 reservations are victories user

Roman empire utilizes gunpowder in the first century.

Soon after as a testing ground the whole of the british isles are conquered.

They conquer Parthia and establish direct or at least semi-direct contact with china.

With the newly acquired technology Rome weathers the barbarian invasions.

Eventually the germanic and slavic tribes are integrated in the empire.

you can fap now

so the plan is to genocide germans and put the survivors in reverations?

Thanks

No, genocide germans and assimilate the survivors in various nations and even give them representatives in government.

that might work, but then you would have a much poorer Europe, without all the wealth and prosperity that german population produces

I'm fine with that.

You cite cultural aptitudes one minute and cast them off when comparing the Germans to the Irish of all people the minute you erroneously belive it suits your argument.

Are you drunk user?

Didn't notice that
He's right faggot, a few posts ago you were claiming the Germans would get all fucked up on bratwurst and start rebelling because Irish and Yugos rebelled and they were Euros therefore Germany rebels because reasons

Now you're talking about how unique the Germans are and how only they can make Europe rich

It looks to me like a triple-whammy alt-history bonanza.

>divergence 1

The US, judging by the non-linear northern border, didn't go to war with Britain in 1812. The line resembles that of the jorder pre-1812. Perhaps there was a war, perhaps not, but either way it seems as though the border wasn't set at the 49th parallel.

>divergence 2

The Oregon Territory Crisis is resolved without compromise. The US get their goal of taking the entirety of the Oregon Territory (Modern day Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia), as well as the Yukon for some reason.

>divergence 3

The Mexican-American war goes better for the US

That's my two cents.

yes, unless you are gonna genocide most of the germans, you will have rebellions all over the place.
and if you genocide all germans, Europe will be much poorer. Especially the Eastern European countries will miss the European Development funds which are found to a big part by Germany.
Basically, without Germany, we would have Britain and France and the rest of Europe would turn into irrelevant shitholes like the middle east

>unless you are gonna genocide most of the germans, you will have rebellions all over the place.
Why?

>and if you genocide all germans, Europe will be much poorer

Why? It's a different time line, maybe the French do it.

>Why?
because that what happens everywere.
you can genocide people, but you cant opress them forever.

>Why? It's a different time line, maybe the French do it.
The French do what they do in our Timeline aswell. But Europe will miss out the economic and political contributions that Germany did in our timeline

A healthier James K. Polk acquires all of the clay he wants. Nicholas Trist isn't a tremendous faggot/doesn't exist.

Firstly. You can it just takes the right steps (not genocide) and it has been done countless times but since states themselves don't last forever the point is mute. Secondly the entire facet of Europe is changed, predicting economic events is stupid. Stop it.

so just because german people stop existing, France is suddenly as producite as France + Germany in our timeline? Makes sense

Stfu and stop throwing strawmen. Not necessarily France but *something* can happen, the world is radically different so sitting at your computer whining about your Reich doesn't make it true.

it's funny, because the way it's altered is exactly how it went down. Subhuman savages overtake a civilized entity and act like they know what it means to manage it.
Never made such a connection between the Turks and Somali pirates, but thank you. It's spot on.

I know this is like definition of autism.

>giving Skåne back to Denmark

nice

Its supposed to be like around 1700, so Denmark never lost it. The autistic thing is, i even have history for each of those states.

Why people hate France in Alt-his?
I mean, why france can't get it "natural" border? That something realistic, it was the geo-strategic goal of France for 1400 year.

France is too big. Also i kept it in natural borders, just bit of decentralized the power.

These are the natural borders of France, by the way

Sooooo, The Alamo succeeded, we BTFO the Brits, AND kicked the Canadian's asses?

Sterilize all the germans.

Yes. I have no job.

>genova, roma and illyria
>hamburg
>west africa
Pic related are the natural borders of france (and of all legitimate countries in europe)

>Venice-based France
not this meme again

I'm actually making a Dar Al-Islam mod for Victoria 2 where everything goes right for the Islamic world and it dominates Christianity. Basically:

>Al-Andalus defeats Charles Martel at Tours, annexes Asturias, and survives united into the 14th century to become the main colonizing power in the New World.

>Small European Islamic kingdoms in southern France, Sicily and Bosnia.

>Vladimir of the Kievan Rus converts to Islam instead of Christianity.

>Genghis Khan continues his conquest of China instead of heading West. Baghdad is never sacked.

>Ottomans win at the Battle of Vienna and Lepanto, securing their dominance of the Mediterranean and Eastern Europe.

Etc.

what do you think would have happened if the finns won the siege of Helsinki?

It is a meme ? I thought I was the only one who liked it.

Did the Austro-Germans really plan to release Poland when they had gigantic Polish populations they probably had no intention of giving up?

Well someone replied to me with the same thing once before.

Must have been me.

/althis/ is a small world.

Sorry but there's no way they'd make Venice the capital.

>scandinavia in the colors of the german flag
what did he mean by this?

>Netherlands doesn't exist

>Republic of Tibet
Kek

ching chong chang chuang

china iz strong nao

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Poland_during_World_War_I
It actually happened. Galicia in that timeline is also a part of the Austro-Hungarian federation, which has a semi-autonomous government under the Austrian Kaiser.

Lmao if you think late era Byzantines were anything but a heap of shit that needed to be conquered to save them from themselves

In this timeline, Napoleon II is autistic like me.

And he tought that a central point works best for a capital, that venice is a quite awesome location, that the city is old and prestigious enough, that it is less grumpy than Paris, that the island of San Michele is perfect to build an imperial palace, and that it's an amusing thing to do to the proud venetians.

He also likes to compare himself to Alexander, his father to Phillip II, and Venice with Babylon in regard to the plans he has for it.

>All this european conquest

A huge waste of time,the New World, and Africa has loads of resources and space compared to any European country.

Prooftext: Britain failed in it's attempts to conquer in Europe, but it's colonies in the New World have surpassed every European nation combined.

Yeah, but Africa is full of africans and other unpleasant forms of life, while America was monopolized early on by brits and spaniards.

Europeans on the other hand are valuable as human resources, and if any conquest had been successfully led to completion we would have proof of it.
The european union is still economically more important than the USA, despite a catastrophic twentieth century.

The african colonies showed it was very possible for whites to live comfortably in Africa the only real problem is the black savages that couldnt stay in the jungle but went HURR IM A HUMAN TOO GIBS ME THIS 17TH CENTURY TECHNOLOGY WHITEY YOU RACIST MUDAFUCKER!

Hasn't this already been made from a EU3/4 scenario?

This is neat

A world where the native Americans (both North and South) somehow had an immunity to European-borne disease.

>somehow
Just have them domesticate peccary and some migrant species of aurochs

Usually only when I play a game or working on my writings. I made this for a balkanised-US thread a month ago. Currently in EU4 I've got campaigns involving the Templar establishing themselves in NA, my shitty ass hometown becoming a power in 15th century Ohio and I'm trying to get the Teutonic Knights to last as long as I possibly can.