Is there anything more pathetic than a 3-series owner...

Is there anything more pathetic than a 3-series owner? It's like the guy that buys a fake rolex just to seem like he's wealthy. You can literally buy them CPO for $20k directly from BMW...with 0.9% financing. No wonder all these know-nothing teenie boppers are driving around with them...yuck

Now that we got that out of the way, one of my friends recently bought a 2014 328i and I've been driving it on occasion and I can't help but notice the transmission in this thing is fucking awful. The throttle response is super laggy in first gear. I did some quick Googling and it looks like this is fairly normal and is a result of some "adaptive" transmission that fits your driving style or some shit. But I have noticed that when coming to a stop, the engine downshifts and it's surprisingly abrupt and jerky. There is no revmatching, it feels like someone just slammed it into second from third and then just dropped the clutch. It doesn't happen everytime, but I have literally never felt this from an automatic transmission in any auto car except this one.

Any of you guys have some advice?

>is there anything more pathetic
Yes, that would be you OP.

Manual swap

>bimmerfags incoming to defend their overpriced piece of shit cars

I am not even trying to talk shit about the car. Every other aspect of it is clearly a caliber above your generic Japanese econobox. Suspension, handling, drivetrain, interior amenities, steering, etc... is all really really good for the price but this transmission is just fucking terrible. I don't know if it just exists because the car is oriented more towards normies so they make it more "noob friendly" by making it more forgiving or if it's actually a steaming pile of junk

maybe it is broken or the ECU is messed up and needs a reset. I own an automatic 2004 5 series, all the shifts are smooth as butter, almost unnoticeable

I have a 2008 328i, the transmission is pretty smooth. But it seems like everything about the new 3 series is disappointing when one considers the previous models.

>Any of you guys have some advice?

Stop buying automatics.

I have a 2011 335i convertible with an automatic and it's a great car :^)

Oh, and it has some bolt ons and a tune

Reset the transmission. press the gas to the floor but keep your foot off the brake. Press start, keep holding the gas to the floor for one minute.Press start again. Some say they hear a noise when it resets but I never have.

Google BMW transmission learning reset.

a 2005 330i saloon m sport is the tightest handling and driving saloon ive ever driven mate

I didn't read your whole post because I don't need to.

And you don't seem to understand the different kind of buyers for a new BMW 3 series. My dad is in his 70s and wants something comfy and he wanted something very less flashy, comfy and little bit sporty. He wanted either a C-Class or a 3 series. He went with the 3 series instead. Bought one off with zero miles. Now I'm talking about a man who owns several auto garages and probably made around 200 million. He could easily go out and buy an M3 or a 911 Turbo but instead he chose to have something small, and comfy.

Now my point was, any car bought by a person is their personal preference.

Yeah but my dad works for nintendo. Checkmate

>Is there anything more pathetic than a X owner?
Yes, people who autistically shitpost about them on teenage meme forums.

I hope next 3 comes with a better interior, even though I don't expect much. It honestly looks like a pimped up shitbox next to modern Daimlers and Audis.

A brand new leased 3 series will impress more wealthy people and pull more ass than a 10 year old used 5 series. Wealthy people don't drive old German cars.

Don't talk shit about my 10 year old 5 series mate

>3 series
>pulling ass
>at all
All the gyaldem looking my way in my 318d

its just a sedan. well handling, sure
but just a sedan

Just got back from driving my friend's 328i.

Comfy as shit, but other than that, it's a complete nightmare from a maintenance POV.

Oil temp warning never ceased, he told me he'd change the oil but we just got high.

>b-but my dad's friend's sister's 70 year old grandfather is a millionaire and drives a rusty shitbox!!!1

The best sports sedan for the money is a 335i. The 328i is gay though I agree.

But, for under 15k you can get a 2010-2011 BMW 335i atvaround 60-70k miles with a Turbo V6 that makes 300hp and can easily and reliably be put well over 370hp with some bolt ons and a tune.

Dont get the pre 2011 335i, those had the shitty N54. Get the single turbo one from 2011 and up, they are much more reliable.

ITT: Assmad poorfags complaining about people having better cars than them.

Hahaha very funny.

>it's a retard spewing memes while not knowing what he's talking about episode

boring rerun desu

t. Owned 4 BMW's. An E46, E36, E90 and a Z3.

Yeah. I dont know much about bmws.

Stick to talking about shitboxes and anime faggot

FPBP

Stick to thinking the 335 is a v6 mr "I have owned 4 previous bimmers and am totally not larping as an adult like seriously this time u guise"

Why did you go through so many shitboxes? Is the reliability meme not a meme?

Actually the the 3 series and 5 series gens after the E46 and E39 still look pretty modern so they're still considered fairly new and owned by the wealthy. They also haven't depreciated enough to be in the hands of idiots that are driving around base model E46s but those are coming soon.

There just as reliable as any other car, if you know how to do basic shit and stay on top of things they are bulletproof engines capable of well over 200k miles. Its just since BMW doesnt know how to do cooling and electronics people mistake them for being unreliable engines.

V6, I6 the fuck cares about semantics. Whenever I refer to a 6 cylinder car I instinctively just say V6.

I can't believe what I am reading.

So you're a retard and everything you say should be disregarded? Noted.

>Not apart of the discussion
>keeps shitposting for attention

Sad.

This.

>calls out shitposting
>by shitposting

user for president yo

Have an e30 and love it. It's a shitbox for sure but fun to drive and work on.

The ZF transmissions that wer eused about 2009 on are perfect.

try to talk shit about my m3 e46 faggot..
i dare you

i like my 3 series (2008 328i) although if he's having transmission problems it probably could have been solved if he bought a manual.

it's sporty, fits my kids, and impresses the ladies. I really don't understand the beef here.

I bought an e90 335i for 8k after someone smashed into my is300. It makes a good daily and i like the power. It feels just as responsive as my is300 but it does feel a little heavier, at the tradeoff of being much faster.
Im not sure why people assume i bought it due to status though, i bought it cause i like the car. If i cared about status id probably shave more often, get a haircut, and stop wearing flip flops and basketball shorts everywhere. Id also probably make friends.