/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5lKHIL1eSVU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does an ant colony count as one sentient mind?

Elves are the objectively superior lifeforms.

no

spiders are pure

unlike filthy ant scum

welp

GEORGE LUCAS GET OUT

Around space elves,
watch yourselves.

>still no option to say, "Yeah okay, let us know how it goes in a couple years."

Disappointing.

SHIT I JUST WENT IN FOR A SWIPE ON THE STAR GOD WITH A 40K FLEET AND BARELY DID 6% DAMAGE, HE WAS JUST SITTING THERE BUT NOW HE IS RAVAGING THROUGH MY ENTIRE SYSTEM

WHAT DO

>still no glorious robot communism

Its nice to meet friendly face in the blackness of space.

Really, I'd reward this kind of initiative

Is that the End of the Cycle?

youtube.com/watch?v=5lKHIL1eSVU

elves are professional rapists that live in a hole in the ground

No

Are you the same species?

You mean professional rapees?

Then what is it?

Yep.
I made like 6 different species and give each few empires(they have similar ethics usually) and put them in small galaxy. Increased empires amount up to 20.
Pretty fun.
Played as fanatical purifiers and there is up to 3 more in galaxy.

>wanting robot communism when you have glorious robot capitalism

Looks like Stellarite Devourer

Stellar Devourer.
Idk how user managed to lose with a 40k fleet or convince him to start attacking inhabited worlds tho, I've never so much as seen him move once.

i swear a month after i reform my government the first emperor dies and his young daughter takes the throne, AFTER i pick a leader lifespan tech.

I mean he was old and all...but. HMMMMMMM

Bretty neat desu. So you have increased opinion for being of the same species right?

What fair demands at this given time

Yep.
But do not expect to much diplomacy options from them.

>FE declares war on our federation
>5 empires in our federation
>faggots have yet to send a single god damn fucking ship WTF YOU FAGGOTS WHY AREN'T YOU FIGHTING!?

is it good?

> Border Expansion
Exactly what you should be doing at this time
> Strong Alone
Not exactly difficult to avoid federating in 2206

Is there any easy way to search for planets with the terraforming candidate modifier?

>EVER falling for the federation meme

They have blue planet symbols on the galactic map

Not really.
Try better Sword of the Stars 1 or Distant Worlds.

Ants are food. Fuck you OP.

Elves are for torture.

Full of new ideas that are poorly implemented.

I Can't afford to be throwing around outposts at the moment and I haven't made contact with any empire

My ships aren't attacking the unbidden portal, they are all stacking on top of it, is that a bug?

destroy anchors first

Did you kill all the anchors?

Gotta kill the anchors first, user.

Good luck with that btw.

Isn't that when they are being terraformed? the only blue ones I see are being terraformed at least.

back in your box dumb spider

Are the stellaris DLCs worth the money?

So I just got the In Limbo special project that houses all the data banks of the extinct aliens. Is there any other special events involved with them besides downloading them and handing them off to fallen empires, or could you plant their brains into synthetics or something?

Feels like a huge missed opportunity if you couldn't revive their entire species after hoping they would do so in the future.

Leviathans , Utopia and Horizon signal ( not sure if the last is a dlc or not ) are worth having , however you can buy the game in steam and pirate the dlc just fine

no problems with steam or multiplayer, the only reason to pay for them is to supports the devs if for some reason you wanted to do that

horizon signal is dlc but it's free

Why's that?

Don't you get 100% habitability, improved yields, and no need for farms?

>Year 2283
>tech for spaceport IV has not shown up a single fucking time

Suck my dick Paracuck. I have a 25k fleet right now made up of only corvs and destroyers. This is some real bullshit.

Yes, but you also need to manually build every new pop for the rest of the game, and that gets really tedious.

You lose gene traits, and nobabies on top of not being able to grow normal pops and robots in parallel kills your expansion.

>colonize new world
>spend, at max, ~4,000 energy to queue up all the pops
>which shouldn't even be a problem late game, where you're not rapidly colonizing.

I said tedious, not difficult.

Also cybernetic trait can be added to any of your pops with genesplicing but you can't promote meat pops into androids after the initial conversion.

>what are sectors

>something that takes less than a minute for a size 25 planet with no blockers
>tedious

How can you add the cybernetic without completing The Flesh is Weak?

If you have synths you can upload them yeah. I think you might be able to do so with droids too for a slightly different outcome.

Who said you can?

>no option for telling him he's doing a bang-up job
damn the eternal swede

Voidborn + space habitats by 2257

Nice. Makes me curious if they added one if you enlighten your primary race to synths, you can do it that way as well.

Either way, neato. I'll save it for later, haven't seen that event path.

>wraith bursts out of a pulsar in the middle of my territory
>only have 6k fleet because I was slacking off
On a scale of 1 to 10, how fucked am I?

>noticing if the empire is attacking me, if I go attack elsewhere he'll immediately turn around to go after me
I think I may have found a weapon in this fight, time to split up my fleet.

Lick my silk.

They're listed as droids/synths depending on the tech you have, but as a separate 3 droids/synths from the population of the ones you build.

Find new energy use.
Like in other 4x games.
>add energy cost for insta building buildings or ships
>add planetary edicts that cost energy to maintain but increase production(faster ship building for example)
New food use.
>fuel for energy generators
>organics into minerals refineries
But I think it will need to change planetary buildings.
Like build most effective extract buildings only on tiles with actual mineral/energy deposits and lesser buildings on empty/other tiles.
It does not sound to bad to implement but problem is if AI can use them?
You can also make that hot planets(desert for example) have plenty bonuses for energy, alpine have minerals and tropical have plenty of organics(food).
Any thoughts?

Oh! I've been misunderstanding this entire time.

I didn't catch on to the idea that people were leaving the ascendancy chain unfinished; I'd assumed they were moving over to Biological and doing things there.

My mistake; I'm sorry.

I like it. It's nice to play a 4x that simulates a private sector of the economy, so I don't have to build every gas station and wal-mart myself.

Instabuilding, at cost, would be a fucking godsend in this.

Having to upgrade every building on a new planet FIVE FUCKING TIMES is so incredibly time consuming.

Are you the same person that keeps talking about Kumo in /indie/?

You should branch out to more than two generals.

Should I use Xenophile or Egalitarian for my Pacifist/Materialist all-rounder empire?

But if the planet DOES have blockers then you need to come back and do it again later.
Then again, just tick "Build robots" on the sector control panel, that's one part of sector AI that actually does seem to work.

>mfw my Agrarian world-building bugs have just had a greater start than I've ever seen in any campaign so far
>mfw they got the Silicon System Event for an easy +20 minerals right out the bat

Should I go for Masters of Genetic Engineering with these guys, or full-on Robo-Bugs that don't even eat the food they make.

Just keep your fleet away from it.
Sure, it'll tear up all your research and mining stations, but it's not like rebuilding those is hard.

The others generals are been pretty resilient. I haven't had a chance to take over yet.

>Fallen empire awakens and hates you, asks for to take signatory status and when told no starts hating you.
>Fallen empire on the other side of the galaxy declares war on you for colonizing tomb worlds.

Send help... I don't think I can fight both at once.

How the hell do I get ringworlds and dyson spheres in time for them to be worthwhile? Every game I'm researching repeatable techs before one even finishes.

>How the hell do I get ringworlds and dyson spheres in time for them to be worthwhile?

You have to rush for Ringworlds and Dyson Spheres with Ascension Perks, but even then the costs are prohibitive.

Personally? They're not worth it. Dyson Spheres are good if you just want to forget about your ship's energy consumption, and Ringworlds are a nice diadem to put on your empire's brow as the capital of the next Fallen Empire.

> Addendum: SupCom units have been shown to have much larger projectile ranges than their in game range, even while still under the effects of compression. Senteth was able to recreate a mod that removed the range from weapons, letting just the physics engine decide how far they could shoot, with hilarious results.T1 shooting across map hilarious. However, we will assume that the in-game ranges are effective maximums (such as a range of optimal accuracy) and that they do not bloat the radius of a nuke.
That indeed would be bloody hilarious.

So now we can get three(or even four) resources.
>organics, that are used as food, fuel and can be be used to refine into minerals
>minerals or industry, that are used to build ships, stations, armies and buildings, and can be also used as fuel for energy cells or in refineries for turning into organics
>energy aka money, that can be used for insta building, ship/station/army/buildings maintenance, edicts and resettling
>navy limits/manpower/ship industry, that can be increased by building stations and station components and military academies, ship building factories etc on planets(need to add penalty to building ships when over limit as cost increase and time increase)
Wonder about population size.
Overall its not make sense in 4x system.
More population=bigger growth normally so you have usually high population homeworld that is your power house and you use pops from here to resettle to your colonies but in Stellaris its other way. More pops=slower growth. Migrations or resettling would be pretty useful then as pops would move from your crowded worlds to colonies.
Its possible to reverse this but do AI can handle it? I doubt it.
Idea is to make possible good buildings like high efficient mines to use only on tiles with resource.
Other can be build as a generic town building that can generate some resources but small amount(of rach).
Like mine grant +4 minerals(plus bonus yield) and cost one energy upkeep
but Town grant +1 min/energy for free but can be build anywhere.

>How the hell do I get ringworlds and dyson spheres in time for them to be worthwhile?
You can't / aren't supposed to
They're endgame vainity projects, not sensible strategies.
Because Paradox was too lazy to balance or pace them correctly.

how do i bring up my energy credit cap? im stuck at 20k and im wasting like 400 energy per month.

>How the hell do I get ringworlds and dyson spheres in time for them to be worthwhile
mod it

Reaching the cap is a sign that you have been neglecting your navy, not a sign that you should try to stockpile more

How can xenos even compete?

How are my science bugs, civ4xg?

What are some fun race and trait builds that aren't babby mode Fanatic Purifier/Xenophobe Authoritarian

>just discovered that you can change ship modules after first four games

Bump.

This saddens me greatly.

we wuz spase admirals n shieeeet

They look yummy.

They are to help build tall. If you build wide you won't need them.

i could probably take on anyone but the FEs right now

Other thing are planets.
Making all aliens using a Terran equivalent(say Tropical for all) like in MoO.
There would be some bonus traits like Cold resistant or Aquatic that offer increased habitability and growth in other biomes.
That mean to colonize you need traits, robuts or terramorfing.
Planets would get bonuses based on their biome like hostile planets would get increase building and maintenance costs, decreased(or straight impossible using basic buildings) food productions or reduced energy collection.
Also planets would get some special blockers that grant bonuses to adjective tiles. Like mineral rich mountain granting bonus to mineral output.
Any thoughts?

>Only 40k effective fleet power at 2370
>He fell for the battleships meme

Yeah you might be ahead but not for very long

Anyone