I haven't seen one of these in ages

I haven't seen one of these in ages.

Give us some personal history, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calling_the_Hogs
youtube.com/watch?v=-XSq0PvVxMs
youtu.be/DcZfnkR6gbQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I made one but I realize now that the Massachusetts flag I used was too contemporary.

what made him leave Kentucky?

Navy and partly college.

how'd you wind up so much lighter?

I guess my grnadma as when she was young was aryan. My mom is tan and my dad looks like a arab.

I hate muh heritage threads because no chart I make can be what I envision it to be. eventually I'll make a good one. For now I'll give some ancestor history.

If anyone has any brickwalls I can help, I'm a hobbyist genealogist trying to go pro.

Pic related is just one group of ancestor stories I have, I'll post more if anyone is interested.

The man in the middle is my 3x great grandfather, Jeremiah "Jerry" George Mahany. He was born in the wilderness of the Black River in New Brunswick to two Irish Immigrants. In 1841 he left the wilderness with his family to move to Hamilton, Ontario before moving to Buffalo, NY in 1843. In 1846 Jerry's mother died (she got sick after childbirth of one of Jerry's younger siblings), which split up the entire family, each sibling went their own separate ways.

Jerry stayed with his father until he was twelve when he left home and sailed on the lakes for a year. He would then live on a farm in Buffalo for another three years. At the age of 16 he found work as a clerk at a local store and at 17 attended higher education for a single year before going back to clerking for another three years.

In 1857 he would decide to go west in order for better opportunity where on June 4 he would move to Dubuque, Iowa. At some point he would meet and marry Sarah Cynthia Burton Scott, a girl from Buffalo who was two years his junior. It is unknown when he moved to Pikes Peak but he was in 1865, the year that his father passed away and his son, my great great grandfather (Frank Albert Mahany, the eldest boy in the picture) was born.

In June of 1866 the Mahany family would go back to visit Sarah's mother, Abbie Drake Atkins and during this time a daughter would be born to them on October 12. It is unknown why they stayed that long in Buffalo but my suspicion is after Sarah's father died Abbie needed extra help around the home. The daughter would die soon after, Jan 7 of 1867. In March they would return to Colorado.

Part 1 of ?

Were your greatgrandparents from Genoa?

In December of 1867 Jerry was working on Fall River in the Mahanyville precinct, named after Jerry where Jerry was in charge of the Montrose Gold Company's stake there under the role as an agent. On Dec 26, 1868 he transferred work to the Bates Mining Company of Gilpin City, Silver Spring Mine of Clear Creek City, and again the Montrose Cold Company. He would work as an agent for all three companies along with the DuPont Powder Company. Along with all that on his plate he was the Road Supervisor of District five. In 1872 his wife would pass, possibly of breast cancer. She would leave behind three children, the portrait was taken at this time.

He would be Assayed for Taylor Co., Clear Creek City on Jul 29, 1876. He Hired a Mrs. Eleanor Morrison to take care of his children while he worked, within three years he and Miss Eleanor would fall in love and marry. After their marriage they moved to Ashland, Saunders City, in Nebraska then they moved to Omaha, Nebraska three years later.

From then they moved to Socorro, New Mexico in 1881, on their way there they passed through Chicago where they left Mary Clare Mahany (the infant in the photo) and one of Eleanor's daughters from her previous marriage at the Sacred Heart Convent.

By 1888 he was living in Chicago, Illinois and in 1896 he was living with a Dr. Tillotson and his wife.

I'm not sure exactly what he did in Chicago, I haven't done too much research on his life there. Descriptions include President of some gas / "car clothing" collector. I still haven't figured that out.

He died in 1915 at age 78 in Chicago, he is buried in Galena, Illinois.

Corsican

I am a Baron by name only. I am Descended from Baron Gerung von Urbach of Bavaria, 1147 AD.

>TFW Americunt

Are you even rich?

Descendant of Jean le Bon here, suck it Allemand

how do you know all this?

I have an 80s scan of his diary some second cousin three times removed had gotten from a half cousin four times removed.

The rest is old city directories, records of graves, births, deaths, and census records.

Genealogy is a lot of making stories using the data found in records.

Any mutts here?

My sovereign lord, you humble me with your presence.

You have internet on the steppes?

I live in america

K

My grandfather flew a B-17 in WW2.

He became a police officer after the war.

He got hit by a car while directing traffic and had trouble walking for the rest of his life.

He died of a heart attack before I ever got a chance to met him.

It's a clusterfuck.

Forgot to link you.

Represent.

Who else had /axis/ relatives?

Dad's got yellow fever

Is your last name von Urbach?

>I look 100% Japanese
probably because you're nearly 100% Japanese

No, poor af
Arise, for i am nothing of my fore fathers' legacy. I thank you kindly.
Yes.

>75% is nearly 100%
>1/4 is nearly 0

What is this?

I hate this tree because my parents are cousins

25% foreigner is big deal here, you'd be surprised. People expect me to have blond hair and blue eyes. Well grandpa did but I don't. Nor does my father. We just have wavy hair and are taller than average (we're both 185cm tall).

My genetics test

Looks like 23andme, a notorious bullshit dna test site that uses totally unscientific population groupings.
Basically only good to throw away money.

i've heard that it's good for health-related purposes

>health-related purposes
Hospitals, user.

I look 80% slavic
>feels bad man

"dad"

Mine is pretty boring, all are from Macedonia, the only slightly different one is my great grandfather who spoke Serbian, but this was because he was born when Macedonia was a part of the Kingdom of Serbia and was educated in Serbian, afaik he wasn't a colonist and i have no relatives in Serbia, but he did serve in the Royal Yugoslav Army. Fathers side are all from western Macedonia, grandmother lived in Bulgaria during the second world war and thats pretty much it, but afaik all my relatives go centuries back right here, but i havem't really done any research.

Arkansas #WPS

^My family tree gets more interesting if you go back another generation.

Your grandparents were from Northern Italy, right?

*greatgrandparents

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say she's in Arkansas. Sorry user.

>it's another new world retards heritage thread

Googled that hashtag and what the fuck does "woo pig sooie" mean? God damn I hate the south so much.

thanks I will

If I'm 1/8 Swedish, how much cuck genes have I got?

what's a good test for ancestry? Is AncestryDNA better?

One drop rule

Nigga, all the swedes who left for America were the ones with balls. They left the cucks back home.

Why the hate? Anyway it's because of the University of Arkansas. Their mascot is a Razorback.

Why sorry? ... and yes I'm from Arkansas.

but what does "woo pig sooie" meeeeean? I know what "woo" means but I don't think that definition applies here. And I figure "pig" is probably in reference to the Razorbacks. And what on God's green Earth does "sooie" mean?????

r8 me

b-be gentle ~

Sooie is what you say when you are calling pigs! Here, read this - - en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calling_the_Hogs

It's how you call pigs to come eat.

you weirdos

I'm white english looking af - You can't tell at all I've got pakistani heritage

>12.5% Paki
>Replace Paki with Arab
>1/8 ARAB DEATH CAMP REEEEE

Nah, not we're not weirdos. Haha.

Fairly average

youtube.com/watch?v=-XSq0PvVxMs

Fuck, forgot to add the spicy detail - Basically, the father of my mother's father was a finnish captain, who got a swedish girl with child when in either a finnish or a swedish harbour, just to take off and never see her again. She then gave him up for adoption (but they met much later.)

NPR lol, does he still report? on what?

>tfw seeing proud Vienesse merchant's heritage become English working class

Haha that's funny AF!!!!
This is how it's really done though - - youtu.be/DcZfnkR6gbQ

I could spice it up with the flags of the Dutch provinces, in which case you'd see my dad's side make a move from the south to the north after they went to France.

I share a country with these people?????????????

So you look like a swede with a fat face

So your grandmother married her half-brother?

>My sons
>Open relationship
Nevermind, the meme strikes back.

nice maymay

I don't understand. Your grandparents on one side are cousins? And your mother's parents were mother and son themselves?

need to look in to the great grandparents some day

I'm a hibernophile and I don't recognize that first row of flags.
Also that last flag definitely doesn't represent any extant government. If you're using it for a unified Ireland idk why you would use it there and not for the prior generations.

>born a Muslim, converted to Christianity
Rare and interesting as fuck.

Here you go. I really should look into the mother's side of my family, but my grandma doesn't know much.

My father is 95-99% irish, my mother is german/prussian with a bit of native american.

Father's family has been here since the pilgrims, some in the mass migration in 1800s. My mother's father came here during WW2 (german), mother's been here for a while, not sure how long tho.

>being 1/16th American
Embarrassing to be honest.

Me

>knowing about your great-great-great-grandparents
doubt.jpg

Since my family lived in Canada and US since the 1600-1700s, there is a lot of documentation. The flags on top indicate an origin I am aware of, but certain of the exact percentage.

*I mean uncertain

A mess of American flags wouldn't be very enticing