/ovg/ - IMSA Series Never Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

actrackrebootproject.wixsite.com/ac-track-re-boot/zolder2017
youtube.com/watch?v=yr2GdRBDOmU
youtube.com/watch?v=IHZWsPNTMNI
youtube.com/watch?v=5fA2yV2i04c
mega.nz/#F!6YFzBJ6B!1GdosyDl2qU4Tbl2H7jUSg
youtube.com/watch?v=4aO9MG1F_JU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

actrackrebootproject.wixsite.com/ac-track-re-boot/zolder2017
They uploaded Monaco too but the bumps are way too pronounced like with Sebring

But we had one

>rFactor 2
>impling a good amount of ovg could drive reliably anything with turbo lag, vintage tyres and old brakes

A quick update on the fun race for today. The PP limit is going to be set at 462, which is the PP of the bone stock Commodore, and if you pick the GTO you will need to detune your car.

Also remember the pre race fun race is at 4:00 PM EDT / 20:00 UTC now.

Also forgot to mention we're going to be using comfort soft tires

>second time in a row i've been 1 off from quads today
fug

noone cares james fuck off.

sorry about this but i think to make everything easier we're going to have the real race take place in the club lobby too, and not the event page, so we don't have people who can join the lobby but cant join the event for some reason.

ok so both races are going to be in the club lobby now. fyi

i probably shouldn't be making last minute decisions like this but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Joining the race tomorrow just to crash you guys out than leave

Practice room is up.

also remember the fun race is at 20:00 UTC / 4:00 PM EDT and the main event is going to take place in the club lobby as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=yr2GdRBDOmU

youtube.com/watch?v=IHZWsPNTMNI

youtube.com/watch?v=5fA2yV2i04c

Wifey is only allowing me to buy one game this year, Dirt 4 or Project cars???

dirt

T. Project cars player

Spent a lot on games last year (I'm a big gamer cut me some slack)! Limiting my self this time round'.

This year I'm only buying 10 games, loaded up 9 into my cart and their is space for one more. Do I go with this cute anime game or Automoblista?!

get both
how will she know

Both games are inevitably going to be disappointments if you were hyped for them so go with whichever you were less hyped for.

>paying for rfactor with sweetfx
animu all the way

Forza 7, obviously

New here, where do I sign up?

Don't worry i'm no noob. :)

>it's another "shadow government ruins the thread with its shitposting" episode

>tfw iracing gods approve your bravery

*sti ruins

>tfw not even iracing gods can save you from reckless faggotry
welp, lesson learned, never risk when overtaking pushed/stressed players. i hope one day i will be amazing enough to finish iracing skip barber cup without having a crash

Get in GT6 you TRIPLE NIGGERS.

>practicing before quali

Those available as courtesy cars or do we have to fork some money?

Is he the hero /ovg/ needs?

no you have to buy them but they're fairly cheap. you got half an hour to get 40k in game

Did he win?

There's weebs and furries in SRD still

I'll see if I can be arsed.
Courtesy cars next time plox

(posted on mouldy bread)
why do i like this shitty game so much
FUCK

>bought iRacing straight away when I found out that there was a series consisting of my favourite racing cars ever, GT1
>finally get to license C
>proto GT is fucking dead
JUST
Also if you didn't vote for the 575 you're a bitch

All in all it's quite a fun game really

yeah i knopw
it has some flaws like GODDAMN LAG
but its really fun

DELET THIS

dub dubs checked

dum dum checked

GT6 servers showing iRacing how it's done

>shit 4
>for almost a whole week straight i try and get into a lobby
>it's always just one other person
>finally get into a lobby with six people
>literally everyone besides me is british
>they're doing a race
>before race is even over, i get kicked from the lobby
>i try to rejoin
>i end up in an r2 rally lobby with a scotty

Why are Brits such fucking cunts?

this is some proper GT6 organizing at work

Do car mods from assettocorsa.club have to be sent to the email, similarly to how skins are, or can you use them off the bat?

byosb: spend the entire night in the lobby edition.

can someone be more full of their own shit than you?

Vision Check is important. Quit shitposting about it.

wow this gt6 stuff is super serial. no fun allowed in here

I'd take you more seriously if you took yourself less seriously desu

Racing against blind cars is no fun. That's why we have Vision Check.

is VR a gimmick for sim racing, or is it capable of replacing three proper displays? I spent three days in DK2 when it was still hot shit, but i mostly played elite dangerous so i don't really know how well does it work in asscorsa/iracing. Is resolution a pain?

Sim racing is a natural application for VR because you're in a fixed position relative to your immediate surroundings (wheel, pedals and virtual cockpit) unlike other VR games where you have to teleport around the place.

Resolution could be improved, it's hard to read small details like distances on brake boards but you can use other things for your braking references.

Who's all up for this?

brits are fags that like kicking more often than not

I dunno man, it needs more silverstone.

so, as (i hope) vr user, you'd say advantages of vr are making up for disadvantages?

I'm mostly concerned about having to wave my head around a lot when i want to check the sides. DK2 had terrible viewing angles. I mean sure, you track other players approximate position in your head without having to constantly see everything, but i feel like periperhal vision is important thing in racing.

>no update to forza tab in doc

i-is it happening

depends what's important to you. blind spots don't matter if you're hotlapping but in saido bai saido combat it's a disadvantage. 3D-rendered adjustable mirrors would help but in most games the mirrors are useless if you can even see them at all (webm related).

even with triples you might need to bind a key to look left or right sometimes, and the virtual mirrors usually have a high fov so you have a better idea of what's going on around you. i guess you could still bind a look left/right button in VR if you really need to.

i read that some development headset has 2 screens laid out in landscape orientation unlike the current generation. that should help in sim racing where horizontal fov is more important than vertical fov.

>McLaren has become the first Formula 1 team to enter the esports arena, announcing World’s Fastest Gamer – the world’s most intense and demanding competition for virtual racers. It’s a contest that will see the winner offered the best job in esports – a role with the Formula 1 team as one of its official simulator drivers.
that actually sounds really cool

I guess he isnt hosting it

>keeping your foot down when someone ahead is having a major wreck all over the track
You're shit and will never get good

>those static texture mirrors that don't move with head
i'm mad

yeah
I'm much more hopeful for AC2 than PC2 when it comes to the little things as well as good physics

>tfw ferrari poll is guaranteed to be the 2017 F1 car
not at all sure what to expect for car roster, i think licensing is whats keeping AC with these bited sized classes of cars that are meant to race together

things like that require maximum simulation value

Imagine if a semi competent dev team tried their hand at sim racing.

What a world that would be.

A world where rF2 had content?

In my mind it's a world in which Assetto Corsa is well optimised and has a great track builder / modding kit.

and more racing because right now it's essentially a driving game considering much older games have more features
AC really is just a long term science project. AC2 might be god tier assuming the team doesn't implode and license agreements don't interfere too much

Ranek will save us

/ovggtp/ Server when?

mega.nz/#F!6YFzBJ6B!1GdosyDl2qU4Tbl2H7jUSg
AC update 1.14.4 added

t. literally couldn't even code tetris

i made a racing game in flash when i was 12

upload it somewhere and let us play it

>great track builder / modding kit.
AC is really moddable though. It's just that things have moved on from rF1, so you can't just shit together something in excel anymore.
And I don't really know what you would do with a track builder in a sim that already has laser scanned tracks. Sounds like something for more arcade games

Ok, so I thought your competence was 1/10 but it's actually 3/10. I'm sorry.

highway pls

racing incident

night transition was cool
the little bit of rain at the end was just spicy

>Sounds like something for more arcade games
Exactly. Sim racing is fun but imagine fleeing human controlled cops through dense traffic in Assetto Corsa.

I looked into doing it but apparently too much traffic destroys framerate.

I'm not mad senpai it's okay. Besides boost allowed me to catch up before the end of the race so it didn't really matter.

>imagine fleeing human controlled cops through dense traffic
You might want to play GTA online. It's got that + large open world

Should I buy RF2?

>give barcelona moto a try
>can't even keep the car on track properly
Tomorrow is going to be painful. Might just voluntarily start last and try not to fuck up anyone else's race

no.

But not with the driving of Assetto Corsa. I just want a street racing sim essentially, I think the online would be amazing.

he hasn't been doing it for the last two weeks unless i am mistaken.

That's the dream. I wish the Akina 2017 servers didn't use optimum grip

You should fuck yourself with a broken bottle.

Server keeps shitting itself without warning, looks like the other M235i server is now having a similar issue. So I'll just postpone the race until we can figure out what is the problem with either the AC client or the whatever else it might be.

friendly reminder that you can play the gta san andreas map on rf1

Ok, sure, but if you want a completely different game, then it's pretty stupid to complain about sim devs being incompetent or AC not being moddable enough since that's not the problem

so anyone up for an online adventure tonight then?

but we had a meet last week

Yeah im down in like 15 minutes, gonna eat first. Gt is DeletUrself

Why though?

It's sim racing buddy, it doesn't say whether or not street is included. You better learn to read before learning to drive, 'kay.

At the moment we essentially have half of a sim racing game but sheeple like you happily gave them money and praise, for shame.

youtube.com/watch?v=4aO9MG1F_JU

Vice City is in AC.

i am up for it

fuggg ok
currently 11:30 gmt
will start at 12:00 gmt

put gt in the doc in a new column if interested
will probably be a freeroam because im not sure about online adventure's required player count