When did you realize you were bad at driving?

When did you realize you were bad at driving?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tAIxdwOFnQk
youtube.com/watch?v=HxGoN6vrcPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When I spun out driving a W124 Benz. Granted, there was black ice, horrible tyres and 250 hp. But still it was a shamefur dispray because I didn't manage to control it.

Didn't hit anything, just plowed some guy's field a bit. Drove off the site with no problems but kept it slow.

It happens bro, you're not a rally driver. It would be a shameful display if you snap oversteered in a 80 hp corolla hatch like I did

When I tried peeling out of a parking lot after it rained with traction control off, only to suddenly regain grip and drive straight into a fence post at 8 miles an hour.

When i spun out and hit the guardrail to avoid crashing an idiot driver. Road was wet from last night's rain (end of february).

Then to confirm my bad driving skills i got into a wreck in early may because some niggerette pulled out from the other sode of a traffic delay, 90 degrees from me on the interstate.

I don't race against shitbox civics from red light to red light. I don't haul a full load of concrete daily with my 1/2 ton. I like my 4 stroke dirtbike. By Veeky Forums standards I'm pretty much garbage

>first time

Couldn't make it to a single performance driving school at the track and also missed out on Octane Academy. Now I'm 3 hours away from any track and there are no nearby twisties. Guess I'll stay shitty.

Mrcummy, this is the only thread you bring some expertise to

how fucked was the car

0% fucked. Was buried deep up to the control arms and had to be towed out, but there was zero damage done to anything.

There was the time I lost control on black ice and nearly went into the divider. Recovered that just in time though.
Then there was the time I lost control on black ice and went straight into a snow bank
And recently I managed to put the car in limp mode somehow when I was trying to LARP a race car driver.

that is nice to hear

When I attempted a burnout in my mom's 60hp econoshitbox and all I did was burn up the clutch

when i crashed my coon through a pole

I got rear ended by a Mexican. A shameful display of desicion making on my part: living within 100 miles of mexicans.

The real shamefur thing about it was the fact that it wasn't my car. Should've been way more careful.

My friend who owned the thing wasn't even mad about it. Nothing was broken and he said he should've mentioned the rear tyres were basically useless for winter dorifto reasons. It had respectable power but it was a shitbox in basically every other way.

>Enters roundabout at 70kph with the mighty 105hp mazda 3
>pushes 2nd gear to 90kph inside
>winter night, no rain but still a bit wet
>old tires
>the rear goes
>overcorrects
>snaps
>exit the roundabout spinning in the grass
>car keeps spinning like it's on ice
>stops 10m before a huge ass crevasse, like 3m deep
>checks for damage, all is fine
>some guy stops, sees me laughing like a spastic retard alone, looking at my car
>leaves without saying anything
>the next day I go through the same roundabout, the trails in the grass start right between 2 road signs
>I was lucky as fuck I didn't get a single scratch on my car

>that shirt

Every time I park.
I'm pretty decent on the road even in shitty conditions but regardless how hard I try I can't park properly in one or two tries for the life of me.

>heading to work
>at a red light
>Need to make left turn
>Lights goes green
>Step on the gas all the way while doing the left turn
>Oversteer
>I countersteer
>Notice that I'm getting too close to the curb
>Panic and step on the brakes
>Spin out on the middle of the road
>Luckily for me there was no one around
>Didn't damage my dad's car either
>Decide to drive safely and at the speed limit for the rest of the commute
>Still feel shame and embarrassment

Got my own car now, I won't make the same mistake twice, I hope.

After I drove 50.000km in a big van with dead spots entire semi's fit in, through all kinds of weather, parking in the tightest spaces and still didn't made a single scratch.

Oh wait...

Well i was driving my dad's Mercedes W203 (C270CDI) of the freeway and towards the a green light to take a right turn. me trying to act cool with my friend turned off ESP and took the turn in second gear at about 55 kmph and i lost control and pilled in a grass patch besides the road. luckily i didn't crash the car and was unhurt but boy was my pride damaged, the marks of my failure are still in the grass

I was pushing my GL wagon really hard and when a turn came up i didn't smoothly release throttle and it reminded me that lift-off oversteer is very real, even at 40mph

It's all about the setup
I've been fortunate enough to be raised driving various vehicles. Dirtbikes, then racing karts, then cars. I'm no Dagumi but I've never crashed or been in an accident of any kind, but that's more because I respect my cars limits and know when I'm pushing them. Also only hoon in areas I know are safe.

>coming up to t-junction
>see there's a gap but it will close soon so speed up and hit the junction at 40mph
>way too fucking fast, end up in opposite lane with car heading right for me
>barely just slide back into the right lane in the gap
>adrenaline overload
>feel like a retard for the rest of the day

When I took a ramp too fast and experienced understeer for the first time. Didn't know what to do, so i turned the wheels even harder in the direction that i wanted to turn. That didn't help. So I let go of the gas. That didn't help much either.

Thankfully I stopped a foot or two into the shoulder and was able to make the turn without damaging the rental car. The guy behind me was fucking pissed though, as soon as we got onto the highway he passed me and revved his engine as he passed.

Does scratching the back of the car when parking count as bad driving? Or hitting sometimes the sidewalk?

It hasn't happen that much, but it's horribly humiliating and frustrating. I'm getting more self conscious about it so I haven't been making that mistake recently.

Do I have the spatial awareness of a woman?

Understeered my miata through a wet turn and ate curb. It wasn't the first time but it was the last straw.

I permanently switched to my truck afterward, and two weeks later oversteered it in the same type of situation. Dined on curb again but came out without a scratch or a shred of doubt that I suck.

18 year old me, licensed for 2 weeks. Driving the glorious shitbox Volvo 740. Complete with stereo worth twice as much as car.

Anyway, standing around wrenching with friend who owns equally shitty Ford Scorpio. Talking shit for hours.

"I can drive faster then you"
"Pff, I could pass you backwards"

When we decide to pack up for the day and drive of, I get the great idea to follow him down the straight, backwards. Because... Show dominance?

So,with the impact thinking of a carrot I jump into my car, smack the shifter into reverse and set of after him. It's working brilliantly! To the musical notes of the straight-cut gears I catch up to him and follow him for 60-70 meters.

Then something I did not foresee happens, he brakes for the turn at the end of the straight... I notice this in the rear view mirror and take my foot of the gas but to no avail.

I SLAM that fucking Ford into oblivion! Everything in the Volvo goes flying, the glove compartment opens and showers my brother in screwdrivers, nails, leftover bolts from previous repairs and CD's. We also break both front seats. That expensive stereo? Came right out of the dash and now resides in the backseat.

Get out of the car and inspect, my mate is fine. There's broken glass everywhere, from the Scorpio. A man suddenly pops out from a workshop with a broom grining to high heaven.

Sweep up the glass, realise the Ford is now leaking gas because that rusted piece of shit has developed some incontinence problem.

ohshit.jpg
GAS IS EXPENSIVE
Try to start it, as dead as a block of cheese. Push it to nearby garage of friend, run back to my now customised 740, turn key, fucker starts flawlessly. Drive of into sunset.

Want picks of "customised" 740 backend?

tl:dr

Totaled me and my mates car by making some kind of weird backwards frontal collision.

pics please

first driving lesson

Being slower than some dude in a 20 year old clapped out camry station wagon at an autocross. Then again almost everyone there was slower than him. It was a sight to behold honestly, dude was nuts.

I wasn't really bad. I just thought I was better than I was. I spun around backwards with bald tires in traffic.

>snowing out
>at stop sign
>turn off traction control
>give it a little extra gas on the turn
>prepare for smiles
>slide straight into the curb and bend control arm and ruin rear wheel

haven't turned off tcs since

I get anxiety with my manual driving in any parking lot. Reversing, 3 point turns. If only there was some method to drive for us crappy drivers that did this automatically

are you a girl?

first time i fucked up was on a very tight parking lot and i kinda scratched a guy's ride front bumper, only paint transfer happened and granted, that faggot was parking in a DRIVEWAY outside the marked parking spots, so FUCK YOU

another time on different car:

>doing 100km/h on rainy highway road
>it exits with a sharp right turn following a long left
>tell myself "okay, I have bad tires and the road is basically all water, i am going to take that turn slower than usual"
>drive 70km/h into it faster than on dry
>it is really fucking sharp
>feel my front wheels vibrate struggling for traction
>not the first time for me, keep calm
>front regains traction, alright
>suddenly the rear slides out
>countersteer
>rear snaps into opposite direction
>slide sideways a total of 4 times through the long left until i finally regain control of it

luckily there wasnt a single car near me or I would have probably hit em

I drive a 2003 Chevy cavalier, had it and my license a little over a year now. I still squeak the tires every once in a while when I'm at a light.

I'd like to blame it on the shitty ecotec but Im not naive enough to think it's anything but my driving

I once drove around at night for 5 minutes with my lights turned off before I realized something was off. I was driving pic related.

Oh wait I forgot about the time I almost had an accident.

I was driving back to uni from getting Wendy's and I was on the main thoroughfare. I hadn't noticed a light was yellow, I guess I couldn't see it or wasn't paying attention. Not a lot of traffic (luckily), and I was going about ~10mph over sl. I was about 15 feet away from the intersection when I saw the light and noticed it had turned red, so I slammed the breaks, and spun into the intersection, luckily stopping just short of the side of a delivery truck. I just put it into first and drove through once the truck got out of the way, I think it was better that I didn't reverse behind the light and at least I didn't panic and stay in the intersection.

Why are MR2 drivers so retarded?

Shit actually happened yesterday.
>me driving my Peugeot 206 back from work
>glorious 68hp
>leave village, accelerate to maybe 100-105 kph
>before me are two cars, a Ford and a Toyota stick behind a teuck goong maybe 80
>I take over the Ford, there is a slight curve so I stay behind the Toyota while maintaining my speed
>as the curve ends I start overtaking the Toyo and the truck
>I'm again going around 100-105, the Toyota maybe 80
>suddenly the Toyota floors it and starts overtaking the truck without signaling or looking into the mirror
>I have to brake as hard as I can and even steer my car left to the point where my left wheels leave the road to avoid slamming into that fuck
>tires lose traction and I ferl the far starting to spin
>I'm goingway too fast for that
>I stop braking and apply a little gas, I manage to prevent spinning but I'm still fishtailing really hard, I feel I'm gonna roll it
>I try to countersteer with some succes and I lose enough speed, I slowly spin out and drift to the grass next to the road
>car has 0 problems as of now
Fuck guys, I know it wasn't my fault but I still feel like a piece of shit because of this.

Mad because Mr Regular bought one?

It's not just MR2 drivers.

I run a 150 mile route every night, I see at least a half dozen random cars driving without lights on before its anywhere close to proper day light

I really don't understand how people can be so stupid and finally understand why automatic lights are a good thing.

I turned right into the middle of a funeral procession that had run a red light

to be fair, the ecotec has a decent amount of torque and will squeak them in ions and L series as well. just FWD things mang

I've only lost control once, I was taking some back roads a bit quicker than the car cared for and had it spin around. Didn't hit anything, just spun around. Since then I've learned to stay within my limits, I power slide my wagon often and still take corners fast but now know what under and oversteer feels like and back off when the car starts to do so.

when i watched nurburgring fast laps in street cars
i realize i don't have the skill or the balls to go that fast on such a narrow track with such a rough surface and a bunch of crazy corners like crest a hill at 140mph then slam on the brakes and drop down to 110 to make a corner that you can't see till you make it over the hill

i probably guessed it since day one so i've never attempted anything silly

this
>first time at the burgerking last month
>feels like i'm hauling ass and pulling massive g-forces
>every other car from GT3 RSs to shitboxes flying past me
>coming up to the gantry, turn to my passenger
>what's my time
>11 minutes 30 dead
>wat
my car should be capable of roughly 8:30 BTG. i've got a decent amount of experience on normal tracks but nothing prepares you for the nordschleife

the only response i cringe at

Nurburgring is more a test of track memorization than anything else. It takes dozens and dozens of laps before you can remember the line, braking points, etc.

Imagine doing it in an old Beetle lol

>That guy at 2:31 that bails out

youtube.com/watch?v=tAIxdwOFnQk

>in my '99 teggy
>FWD but I can sorta still rip sick skidzz with the handbrake
>just rained so went out to an abandoned subdivision
>go into tight corner and rip ebrake
>overcorrected when I came around the bend
>rear end breaks away like a fucking bat outta hell
>end up smashing into a curb
>suspension status: fucked
>control arm status: fucked
>tire and wheel status: double fucked
>proceed to pay $700 to fix everything

>german guy
>runs over poles
Kek

No user, you ARE a woman.

My condolences.

Took longer than I expected to pass a truck on the highway, scary moment when the oncoming cars got close. I don't like driving my parents SUVs, heavy as shit.

Almost killed an entire family in a minivan because a big pine tree was partially blocking a stop sign, and completely obstructing the view of the road where the other guy was coming from. I was going 60kph in a work van and went in front of him by maybe 10 feet.

That first time accident is basically what happened to me.
>Some lesbo soccer mom picking her kid up from school decides to park right behind the only car in the student parking lot
This was a new high school and I was the only driver at that time
>Saw her moving there didn't anticipate her parking behind the student who just got his license with his reverse lights on
>Rub her, panic a little during the exchange give her my number
>Next day remember she's a cop, she looked up my plate, got my insurance, and won the claim after me telling her no to paying for $5000 for paint transfer (her mustang, non-gt turd gen, already had a major hit where I tapped her.
Still sore about that even though it was my fault and her mom's kid was one of my friends up to the end of High School but its where I learned I'm absolute shit at "city" driving

Can't quite put my finger on it.

i tell people im a ad driver and set no precedents

i failed drivers ed in high school

I bumped in to a guy's trailer hitch on the highway. Fucked up the front grille, but also took a hit on my pride. Was the start of a vacation, and it took a while to get fixed so I felt bad every time I saw the bumper.
I've payed a lot more attention to everything since then, and all has been well. Friend's have even said they like my driving, so I must be doing something right.

jävla bönder du är anledningen till att det kommer att bli svårrt att hitta en fin 740 i framtiden

A subaru would have gotten out

You can fail drivers ed?

I backed over my mudflap today.

I noticed my gas wasn't lasting very long. Then, I stopped being a Speedy Spencer and started accelerating as slowly as possible. Now, my gas lasts longer.

>fail to rev-match, clutch in with a bump
>left-foot-break too harsh

I always feel like fresh out of driving school when I can't operate my car smoothly.
Also I can't pull in a forwards parking space straight to save my life, I'm only good at reverse/ parallel parking

>be me
>roundabout
where i live they kinda never flash
>drive
>99% of the time i have success
>1% they don´t flash because they want drive through
>almost 2 car crashes

I mean it´s 100 % my fault but they should fucking learn to flash.
1.They never flash
or
2.They flash way way to late

>get told I'm too slow.
>gramps and mom still get better mpg than me despite accelerating faster.
mfw retarded as a human and as a driver.

Drive for work master race
Years towing cars
Years driving panel van
Years in trucks towing trailers
Years fucking around as much as possible in my personal vehicles.

One spin into ditch in winter while purposely drifting.

One curb jump misjudged stopping distance in poor lighting conditions.

One broken taillight parking van.

Over all in 13 years driving im gonna claim to be on the better side.

Rear ending a guy in traffic.
spun out trying to drift in snow in empty neighborhood streets. (over corrected over crest of hill)
smushed fender against garage door. (cranked wheel too soon backing out)
bumped toolbox pulling into garage. (luckily only on the license plate)

garage door one I'm still mad about cause I didn't even have a learner's permit and my dad made me do it even though I trust myself to back out yet.

rear end one I'm retarded. I hate 494.

when i placed low in my class.

First time lift off oversteering around a wet roundabout. I felt like I had no feedback, no control of the car. I corrected it but I thought I'd be much more in control.

10/10 pic plz

I own a 940 and I can guarantee this is a legit story. Is yours a turbo user?

Ah yes if only he'd had the sub-compact AWD subaru hot hatch.

Wow a lot of those cars simply spun out and ended up with fucked axles and other damage. When cars simply spin out nowadays, you just get them back on the track and keep driving. Were cars back then really built like such flimsy pieces of shit? I always imagined those old cars being built like durable tanks.

A Civic (in background) somehow made it out. The GTI was stuck worse than me. Challenger almost went in too when he decided to lap again after the track got closed down.

About two months after getting my license

ever since I started to learn to drive. Failed my test 4 times.

Ever since the first time I was behind the wheel. I just don't feel comfortable driving, never ever. But I like cars anyways.

Ayy, Ontario + Ford bro.

Nice bloated flea

>driving on a big 30 MPH road
>road is empty
>increase speed to 70 MPH
>approaching corner
>the song Shock Out starts playing youtube.com/watch?v=HxGoN6vrcPY

>I can do it
>adrenaline starts pumping

>perform heel-and-toe down shift
>I-I-I'm d-de-drifting

>don't know what to do next
>going too fast
>I can feel my rear tires losing traction

>mfw this is my life now

pic related

When i took my 5.0 mustang to a track and got lapped by a dude in a suzuki swift.
It wasnt stock, but still...

Driver > car

I' sure you knew that, but Veeky Forums seems to forget.

When im in the city and its brightly lit I often forget to turn on my own lights. Especially if I had turned them temporarily off when making a stop

probably has something to do with them driving different vehicles

I know exactly this feel

by far the most hype eurobeat I've heard