AFFILIATE MARKETING

Red pill me on affiliate marketing Veeky Forumsraelis.

Is there even money in it anymore? How do you get started/find a niche? How would you even drive traffic to your site/build up backlinks?

it seems like it could be easy cash online but just looks competitive as shit

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

bettrfastr.com/
imgur.com/a/mOlWu
amazon.com/gp/product/1540651762/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=1540651762&linkId=c3c1064685cb91e0c563cb1090315e14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

98% will try it for money and give up after 6 months when only 20 people a month visit their website.
2% began as a hobby for themselves and end up rolling in cash after 3 years.

That's the theory.

I wanted to get into it too but I don't know how to get into a good affiliate network. All I do now is try to sell this clickbank shit but I haven't sold any.

Bump for interest. I've got some web dev experience but no idea how to get rolling with an affiliate network. Is it just Amazon nowadays? They can't possibly give good margins at all.

>post links
>get money

Cmon guys, its not complicated

I was thinking about doing it with social network, instagram seems to be the best. I've already chosen a nice niche, but i don't really know where to find (or steal) good contents to post everyday. Someone can help?

Bumperoo

There were 2 biz guides on the topic, not sure if they exist anymore
I'll look around

bettrfastr.com/ is the "legit" one, you can see they never finished it but It should give you an idea.

The other one appears to be offline already let me check If I saved it at some point

imgur.com/a/mOlWu
This is the second not so legit one
Take everything on both sources with a grain of salt

Thanks mate, remember the second one used to be hosted on "money4anon.com" or something but that seems down now. Cheers.

bump

bumperoo

Found a few more of these guides online (non-biz, but they didn't ask for my money or signup so I'm guessing they're not scams).

Fuck it, I'm gonna do it. It looks like only a bit of cash investment, so I'll spend the weekend getting some sites and articles done. Will make a walkthrough thread or general if there's any interest at all.

Currently a member of stack that money. My goal is to move to Bangkok and make enough to live comfortably. I will make it. It seems promising if you just try, keep trying and never stop testing.

From what I gather 90% of the campaigns you run will be garbage but the 10% you run will crush everything and make you way more money.

My traffic source will be facebook ads and I have yet to decide my verticals but wish me luck. Wrote about 50 pages in a notebook on notes. Set goals of where I need to be at certain dates (realistic ones) and it is going to work. I don't see any other option this is my key to check out of the race.

You can't get the ball rolling if you are not famous.

So you need to be lucky, getting traffic is all about luck since you can control the algorithms.

You're retarded holy shit.

>a deterministic algorithm is all about luck

came here to laugh at you

Professional Online marketer reporting in.

My first online ventures was all affiliate sales. I've long since moved on to different online marketing/sales, but I think I can shed some light on this for you:

>Is there even money in it anymore?
Absolutely, as long as there is a desire/need in *something*, there will always be a market to capitalize on.

Before electricity they traveled and used IRL word of mouth
with printing press came signs, books, magazines, etc
with radio came broadcasting stations with various product plugs
with tv came visual product plugs, commercials, etc.
with the internet came "online marketing" (blanket term)
now with smartphones being mainstream we've begun a new era including social media, apps, etc

As technology improves new trading grounds become the standard(s), but it'll never stop. even outdated formats (radio, magazines) will continue to be utilized until they're completely obsolete and production completely stops.

>How do you get started/find a niche
I am asked this question all the time here. Answer: Start off by thinking of a way to monetize your hobby, then dive in. This will keep you entertained and interested through the learning curve which is typically a mandatory hurdle for everyone. You -will- fail and probably -will- lose money. Start off slow and small and grow as you adjust and perfect.
The most important thing to do: stop reading/thinking after a few months of research, and TAKE ACTION, AND DONT STOP. Success -will- come in time.

>How would you even drive traffic to your site/build up backlinks?
social media, youtube, etc are currently the most popular traffic sourcing today. Offer prizes, contests, gifts, freebies, etc (can be physical goods AND/OR services) to increase growth speeds

>social media, youtube, etc are currently the most popular traffic sourcing today
does this imply that you are making face-to-camera videos and talking about what you're selling?

>I've long since moved on to different online marketing/sales
your own products or an other parties? what is your turnover and how many hours involved, and how many months did it take to get to this stage?

i think people get disheartened when they don't make $5k in the first month, so some real numbers might be helpful for people. maybe it's good they get disheartened though, perhaps those people aren't really made for the entrepreneur struggle.

This book would get you started desu

amazon.com/gp/product/1540651762/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=1540651762&linkId=c3c1064685cb91e0c563cb1090315e14

it's like what "security analysis" is to an investor, this book is the foundation of the affiliate marketeer

"Affiliate Marketing" by Keith Fugate? kek will pirate, no affiliate monies for u

steps on getting into an affiliate network and making money:
1) lie about your experience on the application
2) lie in your "interview" (which is just going to be a skype text chat where they ask what your experience is)
3) welcome aboard!
4) ask your affiliate manager what is converting and where
5) ask for creative "examples"
6) use those creative examples on the traffic sources your manager suggested
7) make some money

>does this imply that you are making face-to-camera videos and talking about what you're selling?

I do not, but lots do. I've outsourced this content before on an as-needed basis, but i've not done many IM ventures that utilize these areas (yet). may do so soon though as I have new ideas I'm interested in trying.

>your own products or an other parties?
others, but am considering creation of my own this year (both virtual and physical products)

>what is your turnover and how many hours involved

not going too far into details, but basically this formula applies:
(money invested) + (time/labor invested) + (allowed mature time) = profits earned

The starting $, amount of initial labor on my part, and how long I want to let my efforts mature directly effect the amount of profit obtained.

I have 100 things going, 1 may pay off next year, one next month, one tomorrow.

This is typical for internet marketers that get above newbie status - its hard to provide a "turnover time" because its not a normal job, you dont work 8 hours monday and get paid for it friday, you set it up and watch as the results occur over time, and repeat the process a thousand times (both the same thing and completely unrelated ventures) and create a multi-stream income thats constantly feeding you

Theres things I did last year that are still growing and havent popped yet, and theres things I did last night that put 20 bucks in my pocket today.

> how many months did it take to get to this stage?
I started internet marketing when I was ~18. I'm 30 now, I quit my "real job" as an IT technician around 5 years ago. I still do not consider myself an expert and there are people doing far better than me.

This is not to suggest the same is for anyone else. It all depends on your natural ability as an individual, your devotion and dedication to the goal(s), what online marketing avenues you go down (there's literally thousands of ways to make money online), and how lucky you are.

>i think people get disheartened when they don't make $5k in the first month, so some real numbers might be helpful for people. maybe it's good they get disheartened though, perhaps those people aren't really made for the entrepreneur struggle

I'm not overly interested in discussing exact figures as most arent. This is because the moment I say I'm making "real money" every newbie that reads it will begin probing my responses for details, and all that does is potentially create more competition for whatever avenue i'm in.

When I first started I was writing articles for various online sites that paid for content. I made 2-4 dollars (USD) per article

After about a year I began writing blog content and utilizing adsense, I still get around 100 dollars a year for work I did 6+ years ago. I always tell myself I should really get back into this, but never do, not entirely sure why.

After that I began pushing clickbank affiliate products in various ways and started making 100usd/day after about 3 months. I was working probably 10-20 hours a day because I was *very* dedicated and eager to succeed. After about 6 months the methods I was using quit working due to ToS changes in various areas I utilized. This marked a stall in my IM career

Eventually after htat I began pushing non digital products. This included specialty services and physical products (unrelated to one another) and is what I do to this day.

you wont make 5k in your first month. You'll be lucky if you make 5k in any month during ur first years. It's all about trial and error. The key is to eventually start taking action and to not stop. Most people get trapped in the newbie stages of "reading and absorbing ideas" but never get brave enough to pull the trigger and act. That's the hardest part.

Once you do that it gets a lot less scary, then its just a matter of getting up of your face and continuing forward when you stumble, which you inevitably will.

thats a lot of info, thanks for the reply.
>I'm not overly interested in discussing exact figures
i get that, i think "i quit my real job" says enough.

>I began writing blog content and utilizing adsense, I still get around 100 dollars a year for work I did 6+ years ago.
this has been great, i have a market i can write for but i thought "what if it isn't worth it" and never did. but it only costs $20 a year to have a good website hosted so it can stay online forever more or less and perhaps get some long tail revenue.

> i have a market i can write for but i thought "what if it isn't worth it" and never did.

that exact statement is the "newbie trap" i mentioned earlier, that exact thing. I have created plenty of content that yielded no results, ESPECIALLY during my beginning years.

when I decided to first start, everything I created was a clusterfuck of crap. I mean I'd be embarrassed to show it to people level of bad. Even that garbage had its gems that still earns money to this day - how? no fucking clue, but it does.

If nothing else, it's experience that you need to get under your belt if you're at all interested in persuing IM, so stop debating and start acting.

like you said, to host a single website (hell you could even use blogpress etc) and create content will cost you ~20 a year. a blind monkey could make 20 bucks in a year with IM, you should at *least* be able to break even, even if you're a complete failure for the first few years- which i honestly doubt anyone actually would be if they put any decent amount of effort in.

article writing / adsense was a very lucrative field. I became disheartened when the methods/structure I used became obsolete and left it, but honestly I really believe it was and still is stupid easy to make money with it. one day I will probably get back into doing it again. I think i hesitate to go back because writing comes easy to me, but I don't enjoy it very much. I seem to take to ventures that require less creative detail. perhaps if i focus on niches that are of genuine interest to me I'll find more joy in the workloads.