You GOYIM are standing at ATTENTION

>You GOYIM are standing at ATTENTION
I understand Spielberg wanted to depict why Captain Sobel was disliked for his Jewish background but did he really refer to the men of easy company as "goyim"?

He's Jewish so it's okay

>actually reading about this guys life

was perconti really a turbo manlet? kek they will never learn.

>reading about he made breakfast for his wife every morning and even warmed up the car for her on really cold mornings and she still ended up divorcing him

B
E
T
A

A
S

F
U
C
K

spielberg always has to make some reference to Judaism in all his movies

in reality your jewish heritage only mattered if you were captured by the nazis

>I understand Spielberg wanted to depict why Captain Sobel was disliked for his Jewish background but did he really refer to the men of easy company as "goyim"?

It's not in the book. Though Ambrose isn't the most credible historian.

How were US, Jewish POWs treated by the Germans?

I'm sure a few of them bailed out over axis territory.

His shit was quite literally fucked up

did the 101 airborne actually liberate a death camp?

No, since all actual death camps were in what is now Poland. They did liberate a concentration camp that the Nazis were trying to empty by killing the prisoners before it got captured

He never said that in the show

>Shoots self in head
>Goes blind
>Lives in a VA-operated old folk's home for the next 13 years
>Starves self to death

>oy vey, my life is shit and gay

>be military officer
>be unable to kill yourself.

Did he really get pulled off of Easy Company because too many people were concerned about how bad he was during military exercises?

Would someone like that even be put in that position to begin with?

As someone who was an active duty US Marine until *current year*, YES. It's a pretty even split between good officers and the most awful human beings you'll ever meet.

Very easily since a lot of the officers were pretty much fresh recruits themselves, or at least no actual combat experience.

You saw the same thing in WWI, a lot of officers who are fine in peacetime can't deal with a combat command.

I feel bad for him

>a jew played by jewish actor in a show made by a jew
Really made me think.

>they part where Liebgott yelled "OY VEY THIS IS ANOTHER SHOAH" and shot that German POW who was running away

what did Spielberg mean by this

THAT LIFE WAS NOT YOURS TO LOSE

Yes, it makes me think about how remarkably successful us Jews are!