Have you gone through your Jeep phase yet?

Have you gone through your Jeep phase yet?

Did you end up taking the dive and actually buying a Jeep Wrangler? Did you get rid of it yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6154985962.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm just getting into mine at 22. I've always liked Jeeps but recently I've seen 70s wranglers starting to drop in price around me. I keep telling myself not to do it though

I'm working towards a milsurp humvee instead, desu. Would definitely get more use out of that in my life

I so badly want a Jeepster

I'm looking at buying a Comanche. It's a eliminator, auto, 4x4, short bed, normal cab. It's a 91 so it's got the updated engine management and shit for the 4.0. It has slight rust at the bottom of the doors but the under body looks clean. It has 125k on it and he wants 4,500. Should I?

Have had mine for a little over 2 years. Love it as a DD. Has the i4 atm. Looking to get a cj or tj at some point.

I own a 1990 xj with 150k miles and I love it as a DD/utility vehicle.

i do not miss my jeep at all. fuck the 100 grease zirks on it. fuck the endless changing of the tranny, diff, diff, transfer case oil. fuck the leaks jeeps have.
fuck the balljoints that last 30k miles because 33's

I was never feminine enough to have a Jeep phase

Fuck that. I'd rather get a Tracker.

modding my nissan in prep to hit some trails

Buying a ferd 8.8, putting in unicorn 4.33 gears, a locker, paying a welding shop to fab new shock mounts, and a set of cooper STT pros is cheaper than a ragged out YJ on craigslist.

I'll decide if I like trailing before I blow an assload of money on something I'll never have fun with

Bought a CJ in like 1991 and sold it soon after, bought a ZJ just last year. Those are the two Jeeps I've had. Dunno which was my "phase"

Good for you. Love these too but aren't they rwd? Along with xj and grand wagoner these are my fav Jeeps never "got" wranglers. My brother had one briefly when he was in his mid 20s. I was 18-19 and hated the way it rattled and bounced. 2.5 L mind you.

A while back I came close to buying a base-model TJ. I decided against it because I was strapped for cash at the time and it had a lot of little cosmetic issues I would've wanted to fix right away. That and the lack of air conditioning combined with a black soft top and black vinyl seats had me sweating up a storm even under the mild weather of the day I test-drove it.

Call me crazy, but I liked the little 2.5. It didn't sound or feel like it was about to explode if you inadvertently revved it when downshifting or when getting started on a hill, unlike many 4-cylinders of my acquaintance. And it only felt underpowered when I was in the wrong gear at the wrong time.

I probably wouldn't buy a Wrangler nowadays because it's not terribly practical. I would however consider a 2-door XJ or MJ if they're nearby and the price is right. But in my area, people hang on to their Jeeps forever and when they do sell them, they ask an arm and a leg.

That's an amazing price, please buy it and post pics!

i can get a 1996 jeep right now, but a "front axel is going out" is it worth buying

i work in an office and i'd say 15% of our parking lot is jeep wranglers

i don't really get it. like i'd get it if they were colorado outdoorsy types or offroader types, but it seems like they drive their open topped vehicles through highway traffic in texas weather

I've always wanted a Wrangler, but I decided to be practical and got this nice XJ instead.

I've actually been considering this for the past few days. Right now I have an NSX and an Integra, the Integra is something of a project as seen here but is also my daily. I'm thinking of selling the Integra and buying a manual 4.0L YJ shitbox, doing something of a minor restoration on it, and then using it as my daily/everything an NSX can't do car (which is most things tbqh). Is it possible to be even remotely comfortable daily driving a YJ? I don't mind road noise too much since I deal with loads of it already but I'm mainly concerned about functional air conditioning and being able to drive in the rain without getting drenched.

I've always liked Jeeps. My dad had a 86 CJ7 but sold it a couple years before I started driving because of muh safety. I just got out of college and am working full time so I bought my friends bone stock 2000 XJ and am building it into a dedicated off-road rig. Currently has a 5.5 inch long arm lift, 33s, etc. Still need to regear and lock. I want to get a cj5 or cj7 someday though.

I had a 1990 wrangler from highschool to college. It saw some action.

I would take it to the dunes, rolled it several times.
others would roll or get stuck, and I would pull them out.
took it many times to the drive in. I lost my virginity in the fold-down back seat. it saw many other girls at the drive in after that.

got it stuck on the top of a mountain, broke an axle. limped home on front axle only. got it fixed.

rolled many more times at the dunes.

rolled it for the last time 2003, I was 20.
went down a hill that was much steeper than expected, lost control, rolled twice and slammed into a massive oak tree. passenger side of the chassis was folded 90 degrees around the tree. If I had a passenger at the time, they would have died. I walked away.

I miss my jeep.

It had a good life and died a warrior's death.

I'm looking at a '90 YJ 5 speed 2.5L w/ 160k miles @ $1800, I'm trying to pry info from the seller but all I got so far was "pretty rusty"
I just need a car to get through rain and snow since I only own a motorcycle. Every damn used car is rusted.

>they would've died
not sure about that. most of the time they fold around the seat and the extra compression could've pushed them into you

but i didn't see pictures and maybe the way you described it has me thinking it's a bit different than what it actually is. why no roll cage?

get another one

been looking at them for the past year and seeing if any tj cj yjs come up under $2k around me in condition

bought a land cruiser instead oh lmao

>Wrangler
>not comanche
>not even cherokee
>not a jeepster
>not any of the other non-wrangler options

There are way too many choices when it comes to jeeps to buy a fucking Wrangler. Put some fucking effort into it.

what is wheelbase and why is it important

my 94 it was the best thing ever only downside was the death wobble on the free way, up graded to a 73 blazer and i sold that aswell, im looking for a h1 sometime in the distant future

this is too true. The thing drive likes a truck an has the fuel efficiency to match. I do love driving around with the doors off but I really regret buying this car when I could've got anything under 20k

This seems like a special snowflake please ask me about my car, oh, yes actually tis a jeep! Kinda car.

If you really like the old Wranglers get a Toyota Fj40
Its awfull but you will love it

After a certain point in Jeep ownership, everyone considers "theirs" a special snowflake.
Usually after the first few thousand of mods get dropped on them, but sometimes it just takes the first time you jump a curb.

I passed my jeep stage after I sold my 68 cj5 a week after I bought it. Maybe a car like this made sense if you only drive dirt roads and accept shit banging around.

Currently debating whether to drop cash on a FJC or a meme like a Vehicross, though postings like this sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6154985962.html nearly nuke any logic with people who have them.

Had Suzuki SJ413, same thing just 2/3 the size.

Car I had the most fun with and one that I liked most.

Got old and gave it to a friend a year ago, super stiff suspension and all that clutch work started taking toll on my back and knee.

So get it while you're still young.

the best jeep is your buddy's jeep.

My brother has one and we take it out sometimes. It's a ton of fun off road, but I'd never want to daily it.