In your opinion, what era had the worst aesthetic designs (domestic and import)...

In your opinion, what era had the worst aesthetic designs (domestic and import)? Any models that you think are particularly bad?

Personally, I think that the mid 70's to mid 80's domestics are the worst. Those boxy, pseudo-thirties body styles are just terrible. My most hated styling cues are the faux radiator-esque grilles and the terrible looking bustle back sedans. Cadillac was probably the worst offender.

>not liking the malaise era Seville
Shit taste, desu.

I wanna say that the late 90s and early 2000s produced the blandest cars of all time.

90s-2000s was such a timid era for car design.
No one wanted to stand out when designing a car.

Really all cars have shit designs. I would have to say that the 70s land barges are probably the ugliest.

>all cars have shit designs
What would you make a car look like?

>Really all cars have shit designs. I would have to say that the 70s land barges are probably the ugliest.
>all cars

Really? All cars? Are you fucking kidding me? I'd love to see what you think is a 'good looking' car.

Back to /n/ with you

70s american cars are the worst cars ever made

that hasn't ended. Every company has a couple models that look well or perform well, but 90% of the market is just variations of shitboxes

:(

reminder that the ranchero at this time was literally just an LTD with a pickup bed

looks like absolute shit. it isn't even a cool kind of boxy car, it just looks like every shitty 70s american barge at the time. not to mention it probably had a 150hp 10L v8

Looks v cool at first glance but it is a bit shit...

let's compare that to their best bigbarge

The early 60's were a terrible time for Mopar. The 62 Dodge Potato Mustang basically sums it all up.

Modern day, both foreign and domestics

this. anything from 2001 or so to now is just shit.

80's up to early 90's was the best period (91 was when pop ups died in the US). some late 90's/early 2000's cars are good, specifically the 4th gen accord comes to mind. But generally speaki g the mid 90's was when the bubble/soapbar look came along which then lead into the angry windowless wedge generation we're in now.

although some of the new releases of older muscle cars look good, like the new challenger for example. thats a damn sexy car. the new trans am looks pretty good too.

Dear god

Ummm... Audi tt mk1s. P U R E. A E S T H E T I C.

Spice Girls era luxury sports cars.

>Honey I Shrunk the Front End

70s and early 2000s.

The problem with these cars is they're too ridiculous for production cars and not ridiculous enough for custom cars. Luckily you can make them more ridiculous.

Weirdly enough the Ranchero actually kinda works and can potentially end up looking pretty cool.

I would have to say the modern era (almost every car made from 2007 onward). Yeah the 70s had some disgusting land barges and the 80s-90s may have been a little bland, but for the most part, I could still look at the majority of cars from all 3 eras and not feel disgusted like the way I look at modern cars. Angry head lights, pig fat diseign, more lines and crevasses than you can count, and nigger rims on all the wheels. A few SUVs (I mean real SUVs, not crossovers) still look ok ish, and up until recently pick up trucks looked ok ish (why is the grill SO FUCKING HUGE now?). I would prefer to look at a 70s eldorado, 80s Mercedes, or a 90s Camry over just about any modern car.

So why are you on Veeky Forums?

Real thirties is God tier tho..... malaise wasn't all that bad desu

Better than almost all current market

ITT: everyone agrees
>what happened to Veeky Forums?

anything between 2005 and now.

>tfw car design just keeps getting worse and worse every year
>everything I love is fucking ruined
>just when I think they can't get worse they stretch the badges out and add more sharp angles