Is a 2002 Ford Mustang a decent car?

Alright so I'm considering buying one, and it's in decent shape, not a lot of rust along the frame, nice interior, the guy I'm considering buying it from is relatively reliable. It's selling at 4500 and has 115000 miles on it. what do ya think?
(May have posted in transportation)

It's okay. Most cars after the 20th century are mediocre at worst.

not really op

They are great, just replaced a little hose for heater, and an oil change. Really nice, lots of people have them though. Price sounds good.

It is a very decent car. Fun, reliable, cheap, and V8 powered. I say go for it user. Just know you don't have to buy THAT one. There are tons and tons of these cars available

Manual or auto? That's not a bad price for a GT of that era with those miles. Mechanically they are pretty solid but the interior is subpar. The 4.6 2v gets a lot of hate around here because it's not a coyote, but it provides pretty decent power and torque for your dollar and is easy to work on or mod. If what's in your pic is the actual car, I'd consider it.

You can buy much better for that amount of money.

That generation and the one before it are by far the worst ones. Chassis is swiss cheese, and for a V8 it's underpowered.

American cars are pieces of shit. Why else do you think the companies who make them went bankrupt?

That's funny, I sure don't remember Ford ever going out if business. GM on the other hand...

That's a decent-enough car for an okayish price, OP. The interior looks like absolute dog shit, but other than that it's fine. I hope you enjoy it if you get it.

I bought a 2000 v6 in high school about 3 years ago with 145k miles and its been a great reliable fun car ever since. They do look ugly stock though small wheels and a huge wheel gap

Not really...what else would you get? A 4.5k civic?

V8 or v6? Manual or auto?

Pull the trigger OP

Would a mustang like that be ok for a dd to work and for going into the next city over?

That's what I do with my 89, but I have a Ranger as a backup.

I dd a 2003 It's great as long as there is no traffic.
Driving it in traffic is absolute trash.

Noice I'm thinking of selling my 2003 v6 accord to get like a 90's to early 2000 mustang
I'm still surprised at how cheap they are

But are your mustang v6's or v8's
And which one would be more recommended as a daily

If you have to sell your current car to get an older shit box don't do it.

You say you own a gm pickup, not a mustang you lying spic.
Don't sell the Accord. Save up more and have two cars. Then you'll have a winter car/nicer daily/people hauler and a fun car you can have torn apart for days at a time for bigger mods.

Your right I should keep it as a back up and just save up for one

>Implying I would talk about owning a mustang if it was a v6.
The v6 is a girl car, less manly than a miata.
I'm just the guy that took that guys name.

V8s are the only ones worth buying. I get decent mileage with 3.55 gears, gotta love the T5's ridiculous 5th gear overdrive. Little loud with my exhaust setup though.

Why use a name of one of the most cancerous posters here?
Honestly I don't mind traffic in mine. Yes. Even with the cable clutch.

To rob him from it
What year do you have? I have the t3650 and the minimum speed is ~8mph.

I have the 89. I just leave it in first or second and play with the clutch and brakes. I worship traffic flow though and try to always be rolling and not stop/start. Muh v8 torks let me ride the brakes a little bit in first without lugging the engine to keep crawling forward.

The one I have it lugs at anything under 6-8 mph so riding the brake doesn't fix it. If I'm going anywhere where I know there will be traffic I simply don't drive it, it's that bad.

What rear end gears do you have? That's odd. Actually I guess it could make sense, you might have a taller 1st gear.

373 i believe gear ends around 35-40 mph (It's been quite a while since I've run it all the way out).

I'm reading 3.35

I have an 02 GT manual with a shaky rear end. It doesn't shake too bad, but wondering how much it would cost when I finally should get it fixed?

Define "shaky". Vibrates at speed? Skittish in corners?

Just upon initial acceleration. Gives a little shake. With good footwork you'll never feel it. But I know it's there. When I'm in like 4th and let off the throttle quick you can feel it.

My car has that problem, I don't know If I would call it shake. It's the slack in the u joint. When you go from on the throttle it's on one side them when you get off the throttle it moves to the other.

Also I went and drove my car the end of first is ~40mph

Mine does the same thing. I should *probably* fix it but I just spent money on the car again and if I were to fix it I would upgrade to an aluminum shaft.

Amen to that

mfw some guy was complementing my car then shitting on me for not lowering it at a gas station.
>It would look so much better man!

What mods?

>20th century

He's not wrong, just don't slam it.

why would i slam it?