Are turbos good for making power?

Are turbos good for making power?

Nitrous is better, but turbo sounds so good

looks really clean
it would be shame if someone shit in it

If your car isn't twincharged and NOS'd don't even talk to me

not if you're concerned with launching :^)

When the engine is designed to accommodate it, the fuel system can pump enough fuel for it, and the ECU/carb(s) has been tuned for it, yes.

Why do you inquire?

Ya turbo lag and turbo whistle so good xddd

Downsized engines with turbos sound great

muh veeayte autist detected

Well realistically turbos are not very good. A turbo v6 versus v8: weighs about the same, makes just as much power (unless unstable boost), turbo uses less fuel but needs higher octane for higher compression (so cost about equals out). Turbo can be moved around in the engine bay but you also get turbo lag, not really worth it imo.

>Next you will say "doesn't matter cause GT-R lmao"

>A turbo v6 versus v8: weighs about the same
nope

> turbo uses less fuel but needs higher octane for higher compression (so cost about equals out).
stop being dumb, octane is related to compression ratio, high compression NA engines need higher octan

>not really worth it imo.
seems like all the engineers behind th fastest vehicles in all the discisplines are wrong, might want to remind them

Yes. Also, water is wet.

Bump

Name one 3 second car using turbos.

yes

You should never use anything but 93 (AKI) in a turbo car. Their physical compression ratios are typically low, but the turbo pressuring the intake stream raises the effective compression ratio and will still detonate on too low of octane gas.

is that a poorly photoshopped turbo on some shitbox?

yes

Daily reminder that the shelby gt500 can make 800hp on

you have no idea what you're talking about.

>doesn't refute my point

turbo is the only way my single cam can make 200 horse

running 93 octane isn't necessary in all turbo applications. There's a lot more to compression ratios than intake air. anti knock, ignition timing, pistons, etc.

If you want a mean street monster sure, but it isn't a necessity.

This, most ecoboosts use 87 octane but you just loose power.