Did ancient humans really live for hundreds of years?

Did ancient humans really live for hundreds of years?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumerian_King_List
newscientist.com/article/mg21128241-900-the-end-of-ageing-why-life-begins-at-90/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

well it's in the bible so yes.

>Noah lived for 950 years
What did YHWH mean by this?

Just because you got disease and malnutrition and war doesn't mean you can't have a few people living past 100.

If you mean in Patriarchal times, who the fuck knows?

If a year then is a month now, then yes.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that at least one of the hundred billion or so humans that have ever lived had some kind of extreme mutation that allowed them to live 200 years or more.

I was once told that the ancient Hebrews equated length of life with virtue and the earliest people were the most virtuous.

Neural degeneration sets in when someone reaches 150 years old so it's pretty much impossible for someone to live for centuries, also for most of history the average lifespan was slightly shorter then it is now.

There are some interesting anecdotes however, Li Ching-Yeun for example was a chinaman who claimed to have been born in the late 17th century. Through carefully cultivating his mind and body he allegedly lived well over 200 years. He disappeared in the early 1930s.

>Neural degeneration sets in when someone reaches 150 years old
How do they know that?

Long lifespans was a common meme among those cultures, just check the Summerian King list with people living thousands of years.

The hebres just felt for the same meme.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumerian_King_List

>Alulium, ruled for 28,800 years
>Aulium
>Alium

I just googled it and got pretty much no results, I have no idea where I pulled this fact from, I'm probably misremembering something I heard in sci-fi to be honest.

Yes. Up to 250 years.

The human body actually stops aging after the age of 90 meaning once you are 90 your body will stay in that state until its defective immune system causes you to die.

newscientist.com/article/mg21128241-900-the-end-of-ageing-why-life-begins-at-90/

u mean like homo habilis n shit?
hmmm thats interesting

That's bullshit but I believe it.

Aging is just defect that addition until you die of it, also cancer.

Oldest known man was Methusaleh at 969 years old; his name basically means "his death shall bring judgment."

He died the year of the Flood.

He meant that before Noah died, he circled the sun 950 times.

This is a lie to cast doubt on the historicity of the bible.

Aging is just a side effect of using oxygen.

So aging is a phenomen cause by a lot of factor? I suppove environement is the biggest?

Aging is a phenomenon of not dying.

You can maintain the phenomena until you are 120 years old.