>this is what the interior of a Tesla Model 3 looks like

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zSjYra7cYqY&feature=youtu.be
spacex.com/careers/list?category[]=331&category[]=336&category[]=606
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>giant dirty ass screen taking up real estste

Finger prints....

>office desk with an ipad and a steering wheel
if i wanted to see that shit i'd just buy one of those fisherprice steering wheel things

>not posting the higher trim interior pic where the seats come with appleā„¢ branded buttplugs with different memory settings for up to 3 different drivers

Nice, can program one for me, my wife, and my wife's sone for when he borrows the car.

more like the wife, the wife's boyfriend, and the wife's son.
You'll just have to use the wife's setting :^)

As long as she is happy, Im happy.

>people bitching
it's fine
but they're gunna need to put a super oleophobic coating on that center screen

you don't notice it when it's turned on. That would be nice, though

incidental sunlight will fuck it up though, common problem with using phones as nav displays in a car

I unironically thought this was a Lancer from a glance at the thumb

i really hope those aren't the finale steering wheel controls.

I can't wait to see what the Volvo guy does to update Tesla interiors.

model 3 design was finalized before the Volvo guy got involved

i know. but Tesla likes to roll out updates as soon as possible. instead of waiting for a refresh every 3-5 years.

Why is the speedometer not in front of the steering wheel?

>Veeky Forums hating on tesla

electric cars are objectively better you know. It's the next logical step, and Teslas are good cars. You're like the people that were religiously opposed to fuel injection.

not necessary. lots of cars have their speedo in the middle of the dash.

You can shit on this interior without hating the very concept of an electric car, you know.

I like the interior

Where have go speedometer?

>being so fat your corpulent flesh spills over onto the center console

I hate electric "cars"

On the ipad.

I know, it's disgusting.

it's in the screen

But now where go rev counter?

Do electric cars even have revs?

I'm not even joking right now.

>single speed
>rev counter
for what purpose

NO REV?!! How go car?!!

yes but they are directly proportional to road speed

cuz the numbers go real big

WHY MR BEAN?!! SHOULD BE DRIVE!! SHOUKD FOCUS ROAD!!!

I'm NEVER going to buy an electric car now. Fuck.

buddy, I AM the people that are religiously opposed to fuel injuection

this putin meme is forced

>that screen

I should have stopped with the second one.

go back to crying over your participation trophy hillary.

I blame Hillary.

It doesn't matter how good your car is when countries force their citizens to buy them.

youtube.com/watch?v=zSjYra7cYqY&feature=youtu.be

Everyone knows I've been the foremost advocate for Tesla on Veeky Forums, but I'm the first to admit their styling needs works. Even generic Hyundai look more futuristic.

you can configure corsa or fiesta for $16k that looks waaaay better

Now post 0-200km/h

My brother owns a Model X, it's a good car but the interior of the Model Tree is disgusting

>tfw no anti glare

yeah i have no idea why it isnt a matte finish

>no buttons everywhere
>simple and pragmatic

I'm OK with this.

Thank you based Elon

well, the emergency flasher button is still a physical button due to laws. They put it up next to the reading lights. you can sorta see it in this pic

Pretty spartan looking for a car that costs more than the average American makes in their lifetime. Also, GET RID OF THE FUCKING GLOSSY SCREENS.

not an issue.

t. been in a bunch of teslas in the sun
Honestly, when the screen is actually on you don't notice any glare or anything

Still though....most cars have more buttons just on the steering wheel alone. It's inane

wasn't complaining, just clarifying. As for the steering wheel, supposedly those round knub looking things in the op pick will be a unique way of controlling stuff. Like trackballs or something

oh ok good

I wouldnt call it a car. Its more of an overrated grocery getter

meanwhile in spacex land, the v2 dragon is also going the (mostly) buttonless route. Super important stuff like "deorbit now" or "fire suppression" are physical buttons, but everything else is in a nice big solid-state screen. A real shift in design from the button/switch-strewn shuttle cockpit

Now ask each one to go around Le Mans ONE TIME.

fucking awesome

Why do find everything associated with Elon so abhorrent, regardless of how good it actually is? I always find myself rooting for Blue Origin over SpaceX, and I only feel threatened by Tesla and not other EVs.

There's something about him and the way he runs his businesses that turns me off on a visceral level. I can't put my finger on it

You've been trained for this from years of watching kids movies. This guys the corporatist villain. Literally Mr Ohare

Looks gay s shit

Gonna key everyone of the damn things just like gay ass hybrids

Makes me feel very unsettled

Steering wheels look like aftermarket piece of shit. Other than that I really like it, tastes like future minus shitty wood grain inserts but I guess you could just order it with plain black inserts.

whats blue origin never heard of it

I guess that makes sense, especially with the way his fans behave

The Amazon guy's space company. Their PR isn't nearly as aggressive a SpaceX's

Isn't that a placeholder interior?

This. Most of the time it's other people looking at it anyways
>user, you know you're going 75 right?

It has to be. The touchscreen will be embedded into the console at the very least.

I could never bring myself to trust that. I've had many touchscreen devices, and they always eventually run worse than when they were new. The touchscreen stops being as responsive, you have to give it time to react to your commands or end up clicking the wrong thing. Imagine that happening in a fucking space craft. I don't want my ability to control a vessel dependent upon the amount of free VRAM on a fucking tablet. Jesus christ.

nope. That's probably 98% what the final product will be.

Maybe, but I doubt it. We'll see when it's out.

You should let SpaceX's engineering team know, they probably never considered that.

well at least when adding new buttons they don't have to build an entire new console

But the tablets being held on with duct tape.

I'll be laughing all the way to the funeral when they send a manned mission somewhere and their shitty interface causes a catastrophe.

ah yes, your experience with random chink tablets totally applies to a high tech space company designing a spacecraft from the ground up. solid state hardware is more reliable than actual switches and buttons, period.

iirc the dragon uses three computer units, each with two computers cross checking each other. Then, each computer itself has 9 processors. So there aren 54 processors onboard in total. I believe the displays are driven with a NVIDIA Tegra SoC. All of the parts are COTS.

Nah, it's 100% not embedded. Every release candidate car is like that, and those are being built with the final tooling. Plus, Elon said that the reveal model was the final design, and it had the non embedded screen as well. It's a done deal.

>smug sarcastic guy on the internet knows more than many of the brightest engineers in the world after casually thinking about an image for 1 minute, despite being uneducated and unemployed

Why do companies like Space X and Tesla even bother paying professionals when they can just bounce ideas off anime imageboards and youtube comments and solve all the issues easily in minutes?

>solid state hardware is more reliable then actual switches and buttons.
No it's fucking not, there's a fucking reason they don't use that shit on nukes.

Why indeed? /b/ is more effective at tracking people down than the FBI, and /pol/ changed the course of US history.

>I believe the displays are driven with a NVIDIA Tegra SoC
So it IS chinese tablet shit.

Oh, you sweet summer child.

>solve all the issues easily in minutes?
But he wasn't solving any issues. He merely pointed out the obvious issues that can't be solved easily.

>>>>> spacex.com/careers/list?category[]=331&category[]=336&category[]=606

you'd better go fix their shit then, they clearly need bright minds like yourselves to steer them in the right direction.

>No it's fucking not, there's a fucking reason they don't use that shit on nukes.
you honestly got a chuckle out of me there

meant to quote

>implying id ever want to work for musk
No thanks, my current job has far better working conditions.

>Filthy ass screen

I thought you guys were just being faggots about the Tesla until I saw this picture.... Jesus....

>implying leather and soft materials don't harbor more bacteria than a glass panel
if you could see the "smudges" on your car like you can see them on a screen that is turned off, you'd be concerned as well.

Plus a big ass screen is much easier to clean than small knurled knobs, switches, and such

Your a fucking retard if you think solid state shit is more reliable then physical buttons and switches.

>The future is giant ipads on your dash so you can watch Johnny English while driving

How is it legal to have a dash telly when you can't you can't use your phone while driving?

And what if the screen gets a small crack in it or runs into a software bug? The scratches will also be much more visible

And how did /pol/ do that exactly?

>if you could see the "smudges" on your car like you can see them on a screen that is turned off, you'd be concerned as well.
>IF

Bottom line is I can't see it. Out of sight, out of mind.

For once, I'd like it if someone actually learned something from these arguments.

Let's simplify it down to solid state relays vs electro-mechanical relays. A SSR contains a LED and a photovoltaic sensor with a clear material between the two. LED turns on, PV sensor detects it, and the relay does its thing. An EMR is your average switch. They contain springs, armatures, solenoid coils, and other mechanical/electrical doodads.

Now, as for the advantages of an SSR:
- Less susceptible to vibrations or shock
- Less sensitive to heat stresses
- Less power and thermal requirements (the coil in a EMR needs to be charged each time)
- The contacts of a EMR will wear down over time. As for a SSR, the mean-time-between-failure for a typical relay is about 40 years or so?
- Bounce-free switching
- Smaller size
- No magnetic interaction with other components
- Zero or near-zero electrical noise generated

Sure, it might seem like old fashioned buttons or switches are more reliable, but the truth has been the opposite for quite some time now. If you still don't believe me, at least provide -why-, because it's probably a misconception rather than outdated knowledge...

switches and buttons - moving, wearing parts
solid state - no moving parts

You are not smart or informed enough to weigh in on the discussion.

Not to mention, in the end everything is just talking to the computers, which in the case of spacex are running linux / c++, so the whole debate here is really just how to communicate to the computers. If the communication method fails, i.e. someone smashes the monitors, the computers won't suddenly decide to purge the airlock or something. Plus, they can remotely control it from the ground stations, so if the shiny touchpad fails it isn't nearly as big a problem as some people think it will be.

>Less susceptible to hacking
>Less susceptible to EMP strikes

>hacking relay
what?

he's listening to the soundtrack dumbass

>>