youtube.com/watch?v=Ceb4861SG7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=nwwbho87zeY
youtube.com/watch?v=1MJ72S7wazo&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=DYpxcE7rBw8
youtube.com/watch?v=OAsO58Ubv0E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everything

Nothing is wrong with FWD. This guy said FWD is bad and Veeky Forums ate it up

Don't tell me that fucking Itsuki is the reason Veeky Forums hates FWD...

He mentioned FWD among various other factors that make his dad's car shit, such as being: automatic, diesel, and at least a decade old.

FWD killed the RWD and now everybody hates it.

I like the back end to swing out. Other than that, nothing wrong with it.

You're limited in terms of power in a front wheel drive production car, because the drive train has to do everything at the same time.

See the new Civic Type R for instance, everyone is amazed at how it has no torque steer for a 300hp car, that's because that number is pretty much the current limit for a FWD car.

- steering and power transfer with the same wheels, instead with different wheels
- conservation of momentum lifts the car up at the front and presses it down at the back, increasing grip at the back and decrease at the front
- RWD cars can steer with greater angles, due to no need for drive shafts to the wheels
- you can oversteer if you need, you will crash into wall while understeer
- FWD is fucking dangerous without all the electric safety mechanisms
- FWD saves money for the OEM and thus, increases his profit on your cost

Apart from being worse in every possible way with regards to performance.. nothing.

My FWD eats RWDs for breakfast.

The French have ruined it.

Here's the actual reason.
RWD is more fun to drive, but much less useful.
This is a board about having fun driving cars.
FWD annoys people like sedans annoy people by killing coupes and wagons.

More shit going on in a smaller area. Harder to work on.

Torque steering during hard acceleration

There's nothing really wrong with FWD; having fun with them is different than the kind of fun you get from AWD or RWD.

Although, it is true that they're prone to understeer while cornering, but it's based on how you drive it.

Based on personal experience, you can still corner at high speeds without understeering - it's all about understanding weight transfer and it's not always about braking before a corner.

This

>automatic
>diesel
... Which is exactly what Veeky Forums also hates.
Veeky Forums confirmed for virtual virgin boi racer hive mind.

TRIPS OF TRUTH. The evidence doesn't lie

+ Handles better than RWD

- Limited Power
- Tires wear faster

Dubs seal the deal

Cunt not worth knowing

This

>No-one has ever put a turbo on a DC5 and made 500hp and gone in a straight line
top kek mate, you're only limited by knowledge and imagination, you seem to have reached your limit

- different way of driving not taking into consideration awd
- true
- ITR still winning best handling car 10 years on
- Implying you can't get the back end out on a fwd, wtf?
- I have power steering, that's all (ABS broken) and it's fun as fuck, but that's why I drive it, it's fun and dangerous
- This makes no logical sense

Nice statement, anything to back this up? FAKE NEWS!

Yes, they did.

They may be more fun in different ways, but a it all depends on what you want from a car.
Civic Vs Mx5 is a common shitstorm.
Civic is faster has better grip, mx5 can somewhat drift with 100hp.

Integra 190hp won best handling car for 5 years now, reliable, cheap to work on and fix.
Rx7, faster, looks better more of a icon, unreliable, not cheap to fix, needs £150 per tyre to keep it on the road.

>300 hp
>current limit
Yeeeaaaah...

when you want to accelerate quickly, you need to temporarily put more weight on the drive wheels so that they have the necessary amount of grip to not spin.

when a rear wheel drive car accelerates quickly, the whole car lurches backward, putting more weight on the rear wheels and allowing them to grip the pavement more tightly.

the problem is, the exact same thing happens with a front wheel drive car, meaning that more weight goes to the back wheels when the front wheels need it the most.

also, engine size is less limited with longitudinal layout.

Can't really drift in FWD.
>inb4 lunch trays

nothing unless youre underaged cancer who only believes memes

its a good filter to discover who really knows something about cars

What motorsports are dominated by FWD?

So is there anything wrong in getting this?

Ones not dominated by RWD.

fwd commonly beats rwd in touring car racing
fwd managed to get podiums against awd in WRC back in the 90s
fwd kicks a lot of ass in time attack against rwd and awd

but eh its shit because children cant act like retards in them on the streets

why would you buy a crashed LS/GS when you can find non crashed for cheap

I mean maybe if you were getting it ultra cheap for the engine to use for boost or LSVTEC

Conclusion: FWD does not dominate motorsports.
FWD can compete, sometimes win, but has not dominated motorsports because it FWD is not the optimum platform for performance.

What race track has a FWD car for lap record?

Nothing. The downy cunts on Veeky Forums heard a funny maymay and think they're all experts on automotive design.

The race track is one thing. But it has absolutely no relation to what happens on public streets. Literally boi racer autism.

- It's what everyone knows how to drive and drive well so you can't be a special snowflake and feel superior if you have FWD or FWD biased AWD.
- MUH DORIFTO
- MUH DRAG
- The eternal male hunger for challenge, risk, injury, and death doesn't jive with the safest, easiest drivetrain layout ever. This usually comes from people who are more into MR cars and motorcycles.
- The facts come second. Man is a creature of feels.

If you can't have fun in FWD you don't know how to drive FWD, or have a shitty suspension setup (i know, you wouldn't tune your suspension on an RWD car either)

Street racing and autocross not dominated by FWD either. Try again.

If you think about it front wheel drive is a flawed design. It just doesn't make sense for everything to happen in the front of the car. Accelerating, turning, braking, the front tires really suffer and the grip limit is reached much quicker. It makes sense for grocery getters since vehicle dynamics don't matter much at street legal speeds.

What's amazing to me is how certain manufacturers like Honda managed to create legitimate sports FWD vehicles which have better handling properties than it's RWD counter parts. What really matters is the overall balance of the car, but a proper RWD will always be more balanced than even the best FWD.

Didn't Keichii drift a 4th gen Civic? A black one with wide front tires.

If you street race, you should be euthanized. Only adults are allowed to post on this board.

Wasn't keiichi it was some kid. Keiichi was impressed though

Slow the strawman down chief. I did not say I street race, I said FWD does not dominate the street.
Defenders of FWD are akin to feminists. Fact: Women do not perform equally to men.
Fact: FWD does not perform equally to RWD/AWD.

FWD and women both dominate getting groceries.

99% of drivers don't want to race their vehicles. For all intensive purposes, there is fundamentally no difference between the two drive formats. RWD may offer specific benefits for racing such as oversteer, but it does not make it better at being an "automobile" as far as a means of transport goes. The fact that it's less predictable makes it appeal less to those wanting to use their cars for what their primary designation is.

>B-but I want to pretend to be Initial D.
Grow up.

its funny that fwd frequently beats rwd when it comes to racing tho

only AWD is worth a shit when it comes to racing since it easily btfos both

This.
Some may not experience it, but my car is pretty light and FWD and older, so I experience pretty bad bump steer and torque steer with all the weight being on the front.
If I hit a bump with one wheel first or only just one wheel while accelerating, the car does its best to swerve off the road and kill me.
Unless you're a nigger who can't hold a steering wheel, it's no big deal though.

Nothing is wrong with front wheel drive, it's just a compromise.
FWD trades grip for cost, cabin space and price.
For normal driving you wouldn't ever notice that grip reduction. Only when you increase power drastically will you notice FWD struggle. In the end FWD isn't great for high powered race cars because it leaves the front tires on charge of both steering and accelerating, but for normal road cars or even low powered sports cars where the car isn't already pushing the limits of its available traction, , the reduced drive line losses may be worth it

>FF
>FR
>AWD
Step aside plebs, master race coming through

>Grow up

What, like the 40 year old guys at autoX events? Already there.

>not RR

Not actually getting pic related lol, just asking about dc4s in general with it being fwd

Nohting, RWD is universally more likeable and feels better to drive.
I race and I know how fucking quick FF can be, but I havent met a single goddamn person who hasnt said that RWD just feels goddamn nice to drive.
Pick whatever you like but for me I picked MR because
>id rather have 0 interior space and RWD than lots of interior and comfy and FF
>that feel when accelarating
>that feel when understeer never
>that feel when burnouts and doriftu that doesnt make you look like some autistic poorfag audi trailer trash
>that feel when liftoff oversteer

teach us how to fwd friendo

I'm a driver, I want a drivers car.
You are a consumer advocating for the status quo.
FWD is an appliance that gets you from A to B.

Forza doesnt make you a driver bub

More strawmen. You have forfeit your position.
You failed to defend FWD.

yawn

so tryhard

Im not arguing against underaged kids that googled "Fallacies" and gets their knowledge from games

its obvious you lack any real knowledge

have a video of what the real world is like

youtube.com/watch?v=BnQP95aVv04

You're not making an argument at all. Just more strawmen. You haven't made a refutation. You forfeit your position by abandoning counter point. You gave up. You can't defend the merits of FWD that are not there. Intend you make up a story in your head that your ego is comfortable to dismiss.

Not him but FWD is lighter and has less drivetrain loss, making it ideal for sports compacts like the Civic Si.

That is also the main reason why the Civic and Focus and faster than the BRZ.

>Brandi
is she a stripper?

Now go on, explain yourself.

Yeah right, that's what i thought.

>all those yous

if youre going to go for this pretentious style you should reword the posts a bit since overuse of a word really drags it down

if a Civic btfoing everything isnt evidence then nothing I can say will change your mind anyhow

You are aware that motorsports is a VERY expensive hobby and 99% of autocrossers and trackdaybros only have one car and maybe a scooter for backup, right?

>for all intensive purposes
Faggots like you are a diamond dozen in this doggy dog world.

Cherry picking is another fallacy. You show a race(on a track)where FWD wins. I'd like to see what car has the lap record for that track.

If a FWD car holds the best record(on the track you have shown) I will bend the knee to you. If the best lap for that track is not FWD will you concede?

youtube.com/watch?v=vu-Mq8N37UU&t=36s

youtube.com/watch?v=Ceb4861SG7Q

youtube.com/watch?v=nwwbho87zeY

youtube.com/watch?v=1MJ72S7wazo&t=3s

t. boi racer
Sorry that the majority of the population doesn't hold contrarian opinions just to stand out.

No you don't understand I was just poking fun at your stupid mistake don't worry I don't care what drivetrain you prefer :^)

I threw the gauntlet down here. Do you accept the challenge?
Jordan Cox is a fantastic driver. But does a FWD hold the lap record for the Mount Panorama Circuit?
You picked the track. Nut up or shut up.

I have no preference. As long as a car accelerates and handles enough to avoid accidents then it's alright in my book.

t. smug rich fucktard

>see son i know the difference between the street and the track that's why i tow my spec 944 with a professionally tuned suspension to track days and commute in a subaru forester!
>you boi racers can't keep yer racecars where they belong, grow up son!

I drive a 25-year-old shitbarge that I bought for a grand. It takes me to work and back without incident. That's all a car needs to do.

Oh, shit, you don't deride other people for having hobbies because you're rich and more dedicated, you deride other people for having hobbies because you're too poor to even consider something pricier than woodcarving.

I think that it can be agreed that AWD, is more fun and more practical than either drivetrains if not also more expensive.

FWD is fine for 90% of driving.
The limits for grip are lower than that of RWD.
Taking off from a dig can be hard for some drivers,
FWD is great for a dally driver but can make a great cheap autocross car as well.
Basically, drive what you want to drive

Just don't complain when an equally skilled driver beats your best time in an RWD car with less power.

>this thread

FWI you picked the track...
FWD is not on the lap record list.

Lap Record (Historic Cars)
2:37.3053
Set by Geoff Morgan in a Porsche 911 Carrera in 2009

Lap Record (Historic Touring Cars)
2:22.6622
Set by Jason Richards in a Holden HQ Monaro in 2011

Outright Lap Record
2:01.5670
Set by Shane Van Gisbergen in a McLaren 650S GT3 - 7 February 2016 (Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour)

Lap Record (Touring Cars)
2:06:2769
Set by David Reynolds in a Holden VF Commodore Supercar - 9 October 2016 (Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000)

Lap Record (Racing Cars)
2:02.6701
Set by Simon Hodge in a Mygale M11 Mercedes-Benz Formula 3 - 20 April 2014 (Bathurst Motor Festival)

Lap Record (Sports Cars)
2:01.5670
Set by Shane Van Gisbergen in a McLaren 650S GT3 - 7 February 2016 (Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour)

Lap Record (Production Cars - Group 3E)
2:28.5330
Set by Garth Walden in a Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG - 27 March 2016 (Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour)

Since when is an F3 car slower than a GT3 car?

Nothing, its just retards who know nothing about cars and/or regurgitating myths and memes about it

>MR

*snappu*

They're just more boring. It's rare we talk about a "fun" FWD like the FiST. Most RWD are fun with few boring ones, hell even they have potential with some power mods.

2016 is when.

There are still retards out there who think spoilers and wings magically don't help FWD cars

Except they don't, except add another bench for you to race on your trunk lid while you're watching rwd cars compete from the sidelines

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Itsuki "Iggy" Takeuchi is /ourguy/?

>they don't

youtube.com/watch?v=DYpxcE7rBw8

Except they do, a wing benefits FWD and RWD equally

When you give it gas, the front wheels become deweighted and you get wheelspin.
You can't gas it and kick the back out.

OwO whats this???

youtube.com/watch?v=OAsO58Ubv0E

>tires squealing around every corner because of your understeering piece of shit

man you really learn that Veeky Forums has no driving experience and dont know how to operate a car past commuting and squealing tires

explains a lot

>changes two variables
>i-i-it's clearly the stupid giant wing!

>street racing and autocross not dominated by FWD

autocross maybe, but street? are you kidding me? neck yourself

haha maybe you should learn to drive

>this video does contain spoilers
I'm dying

Name three FWD examples that dominate on the street.

You cant make donuts, its Bad vor drifting and when its raining or snowing you cant keep your Car under controll

CRX
CRX
CRX

What's the best year for the CRX?
What supporting mods are required?

Entry level autocross is going to be 10% miata, 20% daily driver special, 70% FWD momentum cars (sports cars), and it generally stays like that until you've reached the top tier of conefagging, often with other expensive cars.

CRX
Integra GSR/Type-R
Golf GTi
Mk1 Focus RS.
Honda civic /w a few simple mods
Neon SRT4
Need any more?

Forget entry level.
How will they compare against:
WRX
EVO
GTR

Torque steer

I hate seeing this video as evidence for FF because you cunts completely ignore that an FR car won the race.

Wow a 90s shitbox can beat an even older shitbox congrats