NISSAN BTFO

>literally getting beat by hybrid ridgeline with a body kit
How will they ever recover?

old technology supercar beat by new technology supercar, that's how it goes.
meanwhile murrika keeps trying old tech and keeps failing

The GTR is old now, it'd be embarrassing to be slower.

How is it "old" if all the stuff that actually matters gets updated i.e the AWD system, suspension, engine components etc?

this is unrelated but why does nissian love the v6 engine so much?

Cost, Weight and Power density.

because they'll say anything to try and defend themselves.
>b-but it's old
>b-but look at the corvette
bunch of autismos who can't handle losing

>How is it "old"
a 2007 car gets beat by a car 10 years newer and designed to beat said 2007 car, it's called progress
>but both are 2017
you can only pile so much on an old platform before the platform itself needs to be replaced

>you can only pile so much on an old platform
not really. are you saying there's a finite number of times they can update the AWD system because the structural bits of the chassis somehow interfere with computer programming? because that's bullshit. updating an existing car with technology that didn't exist previously over time is also called progress.

>Nissan fan girls having a meltdown
Predictable

those lap times are not statistically different.

>time was beat by the GT350R (tested on same day) with 1:36.11
>GT350R slower than ZL1
>ZL1 slower than it's 1LE version
>both of these shitcars are slower than a 70k Camaro with 4 seats and a stick shift

Japan BTFO

>implying they have to be statistically different to lose the race
TOP KEK
>b-but muh p values

>moving goal posts
I can do that too
>Chevy loses to Honda in Indy 500
USA BTFO

lmao look at this nerd having a meltdown

No, he's saying the chassis, suspension, steering, power delivery, weight, aero ETC ETC ETC all affect a car. And just "updating the AWD" system has diminishing returns. The entire packing needs to be redesigned at a certain point. It's what you don't see Chevy still using a c4 corvette or nissan using the R32 or ferrari using the Testarossa.

Did they test the new Civic Type-R on Laguna Seca yet?

>literally getting beat by itself

>the driver means nothing, it's all the car
>the weather means nothing, it's all the car
>the tires mean nothing, it's all the car
>the track condition means nothing, it's all the car

When will you morons realize these track numbers are basically meaningless?

Nissan fan girl meltdown detected

my favorite image

They can modify a family car V6 and shove it into a 110k car instead of designing an inline 6 from scratch. That's a pretty good deal for them. The V6 is also shorter for better weight distribution and wider which means that overlap collisions are easier to handle by letting the engine get crushed instead of a ton of extra chassis reinforcement.

>t. assmad gm fangirl

Not yet but 1st & 3rd records of all time on that track is by Acura. An 8th gen Si sedan did it in 1:54.99

>implying I'm a Chevy fan girl
Nice meltdown Nissan fan girl

See

>It's what you don't see Chevy still using a c4 corvette or nissan using the R32 or ferrari using the Testarossa.

Because those cars are multiple decades old and come from a time where the very computers designing them were different. this one isn't. a C6 is closely related to a C7 but without the technology of the C7. a C6 ZR1 is still in close performance to a C7 Z06. a R33 was in close performance to an R34.

Suspension on the R35 gets updated. so does the steering (electronically assisted anyway). power delivery isn't going to get any better unless you change engines/drive-trains which even that, they aren't going to do on the R36 (they are supposedly using the same engine as the R35) they (NSX and GTR) weigh nearly the same. the Aero on both cars are also nearly the same downforce in lbs.

Say they did refresh the car for the 2012 or 2014 model year. all you'd get is a radically facelifted car that would be trying too hard to look different from its predecessor to justify a new marker with some chassis bits tweaked. it won't weigh much less if at all because that would require more exotic materials inflating the price by a lot pushing the car out of its own market. engine redesign cost too much. transmission and drive-train redesign cost too much too.

The way i see it, it would be like an R33-R34 duo for the twenty first century. they could also make a Hybrid R35 but people would just bitch about it being too expensive like they do the NSX now since the money would have to come from somewhere to recoup the extra production cost. updating AWD and other electronic bits ironically has the biggest returns on performance/cost vs spamming carbon fiber or using a new engine/drive-train entirely.

melty

>10 years of progress
>0.7s improvement

sperg more

>implying I'm an americuck fangirl
Nice melt down

See >NISSAN FAN GIRLS ON SUICIDE WATCH

that plastic GTR interior

>gmcucks so btfo they literally hide behind honda in a vain attempt to soothe their butthurt
tob kek

It says a lot about Nissan that they would sell old tech in a 2017 supercar. It is not an excuse.

well, when people start beating their volume production car nurburgring record maybe then they should consider a new generation gtr
until then... why change what works?

Kek
Worse interior and lap time

See

>i swear im not a gm fanboy!
okay then, explain why the nsx is almost 30 seconds slower than the gtr at the nurburgring

>Nissan cannot beat a car made in 1986
How does it feel to be terribly pathetic. Nobody can compare to the greatness of porsche.

>six minutes and eleven seconds

>Porsche couldn't beat a rwd ridgeline with a body kit
Stay BTFO'ed

>six minutes and eleven seconds
You're assuming anything else matters

>but m-muh 6:11
Nice meltdown
No defense for the current GT3 embarrassment?
How embarrassing

>nissan

>he keeps trying to bring up something irrelevant
Ha!
I knew Nissan fag boys were pathetic but I didn't realise it was this bad.

that would be cool if it was a time attack event but...

Kek

>implying I'm a Nissan fangirl
Nice meltdown

Are you that disappointed in Nissan that you have to pretend you dislike them?

You're lying, go back to r/cars.

Lad...

Nice projection

Hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaah
Haahahahahaahaa
Do you really have to lie to yourself?

more the gtr is so shitty than nissan would rather invest in money in the juke.

AHAHAHAHAHA
Nice meltdown via projection