Whats with all the hrv posters?

Is this thing a hidden gem? Although I know Veeky Forums doesn't really go for this demographic of vehicle, is there something here worth mentioning? I think its a crossover(suv) by classification but really has the looks of a lifted hatch. When I test drove one it had the feel of a slightly lifted hatch with a tiny bit high seating position due to the little lump by the drivers seat where I assume some internals are underneath. What do you think Veeky Forums. I'm in the market for a car that is affordable but also new. The fit is far to small and the new civics are too big..although the new civic coupe is ok I need the capabilities of something I can throw the seats around in a bunch of different configurations. Also no Subaru xv crosstrek because Subaru in my area sucks and there is only 3 dealerships with shit ratings.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-D2obMHziNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jkiv-bWbLIo
google.com/search?q=2015 civic engine&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sorry. Forgot to mention I'm exclusively looking at Hondas. Also no crv because I'm just not a fan of the new one...although its pretty good its too much suv than I need. I really need these few points.
>Small and easy to park (parking where I live is exclusively parallel parking and its hard to find a spot for larger cars.
>Good on gas for its type
>Internal space but not an excessive amount.
>Decently fun but this is manly for commuting.
>New

They're the spirit successors to the 2ND gen crv. Only thing missing is a 4wd option for the manual trans.

Get an impreza. Better than that fwd atrocity

Its actually better than you expect. Those roller things are biased to other haldex models and Subaru always come out of top. My Honda dealer actually owns one and did demonstrations with his own car when it snowed. Its a pleasant little ride.

I went to look at one of these with the woman. Just felt like a civic with a shit AWD system.
She got pic related. Fully loaded 24.5k, real awd system(front and center locking diff). Decent ground clearance. Nice sound system and real leather(looking at you mazda)
your looking at 25k for one of these HRV's we went the bigger car.

The front and rear overhangs on that thing make it moot. It's also got less than optimal powertrains.

But there's no denying that Mitsubishi is a great value for the money, and they've actually surprised with their reliability, mostly because they don't have the money to develop new tech so they just invest in making the old stuff better.

I'd probably not buy one, but I'd recommend them.

for the price it was a deal breaker. Engineering explained has a nice vid, with these suv's the breakover point is way worse that entrance angles or departure
youtube.com/watch?v=-D2obMHziNQ

better than the 1.5t's in everything now a days

I mean if we are talking value per dollar I think Honda usually wins in this segment. Resale alone is a great reason for the Honda

just get a civic for 3k. crossovers are a meme.

stop

>Is this thing a hidden gem?
Lol no, its literally a fat civic.

Civic engine, CRV chassis, shit low power, shitty clutch AWD that doesn't fucking work.

Its garbage

Your post shows how little you know.
>fat civic.
HAVE YOU SEEN THE CURRENT CIVIC. Also if anything its a fat fit
>CRV chassis
False its a fit "chassis"

Fuck off pleb

You are fucking retarded, the HRV uses the same shitty 1.8L NA engine the 2015 and previous civics do. Its this dinky little engine in a fucking SUV. good luck doing literally anything.

Its the same shitty clutch AWD that fails when it engages
youtube.com/watch?v=jkiv-bWbLIo

I never said it didn't. I also didn't make the retarded claim it was a fat civic when its not related to the civic. You know nothing and our conversation is over. You have embarrassed yourself and the entire community of Veeky Forums and that says a lot

>civic when its not related to the civic.
its the same dinky civic engine

that's not how it works

Yea it fucking is
>1.8L i4
>141hp
wow thats the same HP as a 2015 honda civic

No it isn't.

>family oriented car
>rear door handles too high for kids
pretty good.

Honda probably just invested more in marketing.

and im saying that as a Honda fan

1st and 2nd gen CRVs are the best tho. just think of them as civic wagons.

For comparison the HRV is great for people who enjoyed the early crvs and rav4. They are similar in size and presence.

But if you like those old vehicles why not just buy one? Buy the cleanest one you can find and fix it when it breaks? It'll be cheaper too.

google.com/search?q=2015 civic engine&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

my bad, its slightly less