What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VZEFr7XC6No
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they stopped making the s2k

>Q: Why didn't you make the new Civic Type R AWD?
>A: DUDE MUH HERITAGE LMAO

they stopped making the ITR

Absolutely nothing.

They stopped caring to the point of woeful negligence.

All cars today are super reliable and expertly engineered, so why deal with shit Honda aesthetics?

>overpriced
>no one buying it
>THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH HONDA!!!
Just because you drive a shitbucket civic don't mean Honda is any good jamal

nothing.
they make the best gp2 engine.

They started exporting to America.

I'll never understand this.
>CTR has plenty of FWD competitors in the worldwide market
>despite what Americans believe, America is actually in a bubble, as all auto manufacturers have to tailor-make their cars for the American market, due to the vast difference in safety rating and emissions testing results.
>ergo more than half of the CTR's FWD competitors are not available in the US market
>AWD cars compete with the CTR in the US market, ergo all CTRs worldwide should be AWD
In what business model does that make sense? You're more likely to see Honda pull the type R completely from the US market like they did 20 years ago when they realized there wasn't much of a market for a FWD sports car, thus leaving us crying about not having a CTR for another 20 years.
Because they sure as hell aren't going to lose money on this type R like they were willing to with the Integra.

I for one like the trickle down design cues a-la Audi. My 2017 Accord Sport gets me compliments all the time.

Looks expensive, was only 18k with 11k on the dash and Honda's certified warranty. The only thing that went wrong imho is the Civic. What was originally the petite jailbait chick with the cute face everyone wanted to bang is now the fat as fuck washout with far too much botox.

I shouldn't be having to tell you the CTR has been concurrently produced since the mid-90's as a hooped up FWD ecobox to compete with other hooped up FWD ecobox', so why would they give it an AWD system now? Why wouldn't they keep it FWD and release a one-off AWD variant they can charge you out the ass for?

>>overpriced
Dat hybrid technology and 21mpg city with under 2 sec 0-60 and 11 1/4 mile whilst remaining quiet as a laptop when you need it and sounding good when you want it.
youtube.com/watch?v=VZEFr7XC6No
>no one buying it
Tragedy, such as life in a market with questionable taste.

FWD

under 3 sec** damn.

still waiting on that new s2k

They still make reliable shitboxes but they lost their way by seeking some sort of middle ground Goldilocks zone where everyone is happy, but in reality no one is.

Take the CR-Z for example. It could have been a really neat sports hatch, or it could have been a pretty cool little city car hybrid.
Instead, it's neither. It's not sporty enough to really capture the hearts of enthusiasts, and it doesn't get good enough mileage to sway someone cross-shopping a Fiesta 1.0L ecoboost, or Prius C, or some other 40+ highway MPG hatch.

Which ironically enough is why the Ridgeline is so popular. People love the idea of a pickup truck but the thought of leaf springs and body on frame is icky to them. Based on their complaints about real pickup trucks you can tell they really want a car, but they want a car that looks like a pickup truck.
The Ridgeline is basically a lifted unibody crossover with what passes for a bed, and people fucking love it, unless they actually needed a pickup in the first place.

CRZ is popular with young people who don't want to be seen in a prius and don't like the design of the Fiesta. And I mean, as a 21 year old, out of the 3... CRZ all day, even if I wasn't a car guy.

The ridgeline is the perfect suburbanite truck, it's literally a truck for people who go "I have a truck in case someone needs help moving, etc", not the people who have a truck because they specifically needed a truck for a task, so we can agree there, but that's kind of it's point. It's a replacement for ford rangers for people who haven't heard of the new Colorado (or can't afford it).
Tho it always gives me a laugh when honda kids try to use the ridgeline in truck arguments.

>putting an aftermarket tow hook on it voids the fuckin' warranty
Yeah.

Its a good car but it has too much technology, its more laptop than car. Its very capable and all but people that spend that kind of money in a car dont buy Hondas.

It would even be better if they just put a Civic Type R drivetrain to a MR layout of the NSX. It would fit in a market gap of MR sportscars before Toyota MR2.
And still comparing to the old one
>+50hp
>=manual
>=mechanical LSD
>=MR
>+MPG
>=Cheap and easy to live with
>+faster and more confy

This would be so much more Honda like..and people would buy it even if it was overpriced, because it was a safe investment "its just a Honda". The Honda S2000 was overpriced but it people still bought it.
Even tho the actual NSX is well priced, its a bit out of Hondas depth because its not just a Honda, its Honda trying to be something else.

>trusting honda with a hybrid

CVTs and using a different engine for their lawn mowers and cars.

probably because the only modern cars which are expertly engineered and super reliable are toyota and honda?

The new Civic is the best car Honda has. Especially the hatch sport. Best car on the lineup besides Type R and NSX. Great engine, shifter, looks. Everybody I know loves the design of the new Civic. Except Veeky Forums ofc.

>(or can't afford it)
Ridgeline is significantly more expensive.

VW are just as reliable and easier to work on

same for volvo

>VW are just as reliable and easier to work on

15 years to realize that double wishbone just isn't enough

not making FR civic

vw or volvo probably not as reliable as honda. but to be fair honda isnt as relaible as toyota either