New gtr?????

When is the next gtr coming out? The current GTR managed to outperform various slower and incapable vehicles such as the 458, corvette z06 and camaro but it's time for a replacement after 10 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vdMzCxRw-30
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fpbp as always

i guess when the damn thing becomes cheaper to make? they have to pay for the development somehow.

it seems very very very overpriced

still faster than it's competitors

is it trying to keep up with a 911 turbo s?

Model: 2017 Porsche 911
Horsepower: 580 hp
Engine: 3.8 L 6-cylinder
>MSRP: From $188,100
Curb weight: 3,527 to 3,682 lbs
MPG: 19 city / 24 highway

>release a new GTR
>all the youtube car channels that own them will climb over each other to own one
>make millions just off the youtube scene

>Faster than a Cheap Camaro

Lol

Oh man, so there are TWO ameritard cars that can steer now! Shit we need to step our game up lads.

>more powerful car is faster around a track
holy shit really

omg lol

More powerful and 60,000 dollars cheaper. I think that's the point he's trying to make.

this isn't the 50s-70s user

even the CTS-V can steer well

lol
>steer well
into a wall maybe.

That interior....did they take a page out of Chevy's book?

Not until at least 2020.
There's compelling evidence it will also be a gas electric hybrid like the NSX.

holy shit they are both so heavy. like a battle of sumo wrestlers

That doesn't even look like the JEE TEE ARU. I don't care if you go from an I6 to a V6, I don't care if it's a hybrid. Hell, I won't bitch if it's a fully electric Nakazato, an EE TEE ARU if you will, but changing the design so much to look like this piece of shit is inexcusable.

Literally MASAKA.

there is no reason the gtr should cost more than 80k

actually by the thumbnail i was hoping it was the new rx7

could mazda even pull that off?

Unless they somehow perfect the rotary engine, by selling their soul to the devil, no. Rotary is dead because of fuel economy and emissions, and those don't match the actual power output of similar piston engines.

Maybe they could do research on other rotary engines, like Mistral's aviation wankels? Or is "muh nihongo aana" too strong to consider gaijin research and development?

>Influx of used GT-R's overnight as people scramble for the new one
>Prices plummet

I'm okay with this.

It probably won't look completely like that but I bet some general cues will be cared over. I can see Nissan going the route of Hybird, it's really the only thing missing from the GT-R's tech list at this point and a good way to get more power without just cranking the Gas engine up to 11.

they could do what they said they would, make it direct injection

I think there was also a rumor floating around that they said they may supplement it with electric power. If they could let the day to day commuter shit be handled by electric motors, and then have the Wankle come on when you're out of juice or need all of the power then it might make up for it. Emissions may still be an issue, but the fuel economy is at least partially solved if on the weekdays you're basically just using plug in electric power.

fuck the electric/hybrid car meme, you don't see those ridiculous sleeper Prius' with 400 hp or some insane shit under the hood like you see with regular cars

i'm all against global warming and shit but the spinning dorito needs a chance

I have to agree. "Supercar" tax is a bitch though.

NSX syndrome. They probably can't pull it off again. They might be trying, but not making enough progress, so they're not releasing anything until they do.

Retard here. Why are modern cars so heavy? Is it because of all the safety regulations and comfort goodies?

Pretty much

Is that a camaro

It's becuase their physical dimensions are larger.
The ND miata weighs about the same as an NA becuase it is roughly the same size.

Never understood the comparison between the z06 and the gtr.
Isn't it a 30k price difference, with a less than 2 second difference anyways?

assmad GM fangirl detected

GTR is faster

>Needs a special edition, only one made 180k dollars modified GTR and finely tuned for the burger ring with parachutes for more braking power to beat a Cletus mobile aka Camaro.

Will Nissan ever be able to recover?

Am I the only person that thinks manufacturers should make car X that spanks, wait for the competition to make their car X, then they can respond with car X+ and must move on to a different chassis after that regardless of the retort from competing company?

2020, and its supposed to be a hybrid.

Sperg more

Comparing the Z06 to the GTR is like comparing Michael Vick to Tom Brady. Both great athletes but totally different methods of play.

Z06, light, powerful, RWD, simple. Complete shit with a bad driver, but pretty nice with a good one.

GTR, heavy, advanced, AWD, refined. Anyone can go fast in it, the only thing keeping you from being fast on a track is if you don't know the line and how to brake because the throttle work is done for you.

It's dumb to compare the two with lap times and 0-60 times

>Implying they'd sell you the one with the tunes non street legal tires and suspension with a modified Nüremberg ECU setting
>Implying anyone own one of those aside from a handful of people

It's virtually non existent.

You are stupid, please go back to your cesspool

*citation needed*
The GTR is faster, sperg more

God I cant wait until the viper fails to lap the ring faster, you cucks will suffer

See
Motortrend already proved a lolcanturn is faster than the epitome of Japanese technology.

The z/28 lapped the ring in 7:32

Th z/28 is slower by almost 30 seconds

Try again

Go fuck yourself.
In the intial twisty corners the GTR and C7 have no room to put down their power and the C7 keeps up by being more agile even though it can't put down its power as well. But as soon as the track opens up, the GTRs weight allows it to put down some serious traction through turn 6 and that sweeper in turn 7 and the long turn 8. Then the GTR can put down all of its power sooner leaving turn 9 and really take off.

But look at it, they're head to head right up until the GTRs traction advantage takes over even though the C7 has more trouble putting down power.

It's dumb to compare them, the GTR will always win on a track because it has more traction at all times.

Its actually 7:37 lol

Go back to please

the corvette can't compete, if the corvette has traction issues maybe they should make it awd, but they don't because GM can't compete

But then when the Corvette and GTR are on a level playing field (RWD, low weight, similar aero) the C7 dominates.

>GTR
>Rwd

Go back to already you fucking sperg, there is no rwd gtr

>The corvette dominates
Nope, pic related

um, there are several racing GTRs that are RWD

Thats because RWD cuckolds cannot compete and had to beg the FIA to ban AWD

>The gtr is too good!! Not fair, Nissan should downgrade it so that the Cuckvette can compete!!!

Lmao GM fangirls are delusional, GM can't compete!!!

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP

Why bother? The GTR in its current form dominates most cars. Why would Nissan want to spend more money on R&D when there is no issues with the current platform? It's the same idea behind the STI. People bitch moan about how old the STI is, yet it still sales and has a thriving fan base.

You do realize the weight of the gtr and the balance of it almost being 50/50 with trans in the back is one of the reason why its so fast. You're comparisons are retarded and you know nothing.

youtu.be/vdMzCxRw-30

>Meme chart posted
>Corvette BTFO posts ensue
>Someone posts updated times
>Corvette breakdown memes ensue
>GT-R crash brought up
>Mustang vs 1LE meme brought up
>GM BTFO / Ford BTFO
>Continued ad nauseum

Haven't we had this same thread a thousand times already?

>GM fangirl
Nah, more of a porsche fag, could give less of a shit about the corvette or the false idol r34, mostly because of fangirls... Like you :^)

gtr is a fuck boy car for fucbois that go to car meets how many r35s do you see at the track doing laps

>Mustang vs 1LE meme brought up
lol, yea why?