Tesla Model S

Does Veeky Forums hate Teslas?

Other than "muh gears" and "muh exhaust pipes" what is there to not like?

what's Veeky Forumss opinion on the tesla model s

Other urls found in this thread:

thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/06/tesla-model-s-gas-pedal-snaps-off-driver-tried-showing-off-launch-mode/
consumerreports.org/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/car-brands-ranked-by-satisfaction/
consumerreports.org/car-reliability/car-brands-reliability-how-they-stack-up/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hate the scene not the car

if you ignore the drivetrain, theyre essentially what a maserati wishes it could be

Shit tier built quality, poor handling, low top speed, heavy, the wet dream of every shit tier teacher who couldn't become a professor, not to mention the wet dream of treehuggers who are afraid of driving

gee

do you drive faster than 155 miles an hour very often??

This tells me you've literally never been near one or driven one. The build quality is better than Mercedes and they handle like a Lexus. It's heavy and has a low center of gravity which means it won't flip, sorry not everything can be 2000 pounds so you drive a literal coffin.

>low top speed
So you get up to 150 often then? Alright you can explain to me why it's important from the bench of the bus stop while I zoom away doing 0-60 in two seconds.

>wet dream of a teacher
Literally what? God this board is fucking autistic

>what's Veeky Forumss opinion on the tesla model s

tesla is a modern-day equivalent Lucas Industries

thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/06/tesla-model-s-gas-pedal-snaps-off-driver-tried-showing-off-launch-mode/

>gas pedal

ffs

I don't remember any mercedes or lexus gas pedals snapping off because they're made of hollow shitty plastic

>The build quality is better than Mercedes and they handle like a Lexus.
Stopped reading right there. It 100000% is neither of those things.

This tells me you don't know how to look at fit and finish. I have stopped and gawked at quite a few Tesla's in parking lots (mostly S) and I would be furious if I spent even $30,000 and had gaps as big as the ones Teslas all seem to have.

>no internal combustion engine
I'm not a faggot

>limited range
I like to drive

>changing up takes forever
I'm busy

>overpriced for such shitty quality
You can get truly beautiful, well made cars for the same price

Teslas are meme cars for idiots who know NOTHING about driving and just want to impress people.

Super ugly cheap looking interior.

All the same. You can pick color and battery size and that's about it.

It's the ultimate car for people that only care about going from A to B while using it to polish their social image as caring about the environment.

It's like a lowered electric minivan.

> build quality is better than Mercedes
doubt

> and they handle like a Lexus
what does that mean? lexuses are all pigfat

>buyers remorse: the post
And that's assuming you can even afford one.

I'll bet you're just a plebbit faggot jerking over Musk for no reason

>what is there to not like?
Inferior range and charging opportunities as well as charging time compared to ICE vehicles.

Subprime build quality for its price class.

Reliability issues.

>You can pick color and battery size and that's about it.
Interior color, material, trim
Wheel size, color, tires
Motor configuration
Battery size
Charger config
Tech/lighting options
Autopilot config

Just scanning through the configurator looks about the same to me as any other luxury sedan for choices, what do you find lacking, cupholder and cigarette lighter count?

> What's wrong with Tesla
You get this interior

In my opinion tesla is the apple of the car world, too clean, too simple, its a car for people who hate cars. I dont think i need to explain why Veeky Forums shouldn't be enthralled with a car built for people who hate cars.

For the same cost as this.

Primary School Teacher here, that is my dream car I hope to get one later on. If I was a burger I would be able to afford it but American education sucks and I don't like second world country's.
Love from Australia

Hmm, strange, seems like the market that actually buys those cars prefers the former, yet anime loving teens that can't afford a $3k car whose only exposure to either car is a 300kb jpeg prefer the latter. Let me guess, all those people are stupid and only poorfags on the internet actually know what's going on.

only every other day.

Feels good knowing my 10 year old bimmer is more luxurious than a 100k+ car lmao

> Only exposure being photos
Kek.

The only people I see driving Tesla's any more are people falling for the hype and not realizing how horrible of a deal they're getting.

>look at all these people who bought muh hyped up meme car, this proves that it's better

Literal retard logic

Oh wow, I've never seen someone like you on Veeky Forums. A contrarian that's smarter than everyone else?! This is new and refreshing. Do you like obscure music? Do you drive an old shitbox not because it's cheap, but because it's special? I can tell you are unique and intelligent, please keep sharing your experience.

Nice argument bro, guess that proves once and for all that if many people buy something, it's automatically the best

You sure showed me kiddo

Nice argument bro, guess that proves once and for all that if many people buy something, it's automatically the worst

You sure showed me kiddo

The reasons why it's worse have already been discussed, yet instead of addressing them you post sales statistics and think that closes the case? You are confirmed retarded

kek nice job BTFO'ing that teslafag

>The reasons why it's worse
>"I don't like pictures of them"
You've never driven one. You never will. You will never own a contemporary luxury car. The people that do have shown that overwhelmingly the Model S is more desirable than it's competitors. End of story.

>The people that do have shown that overwhelmingly the Model S is more desirable than it's competitors
And yet its worse in every way
Roflmao

>hehe you don't have one and other people do, that proves it's the best!

Nice move continuing to prove that you're retarded.

Thanks faŠ¼ilia

How much is the Tesla marketing team paying you these days?
Tesla has the LOWEST customer satisfaction rate with build quality of ALL car makers, and yes Lada, Hyundai, and Chrysler are on that list too. The Model X was a Disaster, and the 95P costs so much to repair if you get in even a minor fender-bender your insurance company will just total it rather than pay to repair it.

>Tesla marketing team
Tesla doesn't have a marketing team
>Tesla has the LOWEST customer satisfaction rate
Hmm, let's check
consumerreports.org/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/car-brands-ranked-by-satisfaction/

Well, it appears you are incorrect

Nice cherry picking.

consumerreports.org/car-reliability/car-brands-reliability-how-they-stack-up/

Tesla has come up slightly, they're actually above Fiat now~!

>tesla
>luxury

Their interiors are garbage and are anything but comfy. They're not luxury by any standard.

Yet they double any other luxury sedan sales and over 90% of owners would buy again, despite reliability issues? Sounds like it must be an amazing car.

lol teslaowners must have some mad buyers remorse to delude themselves into thinking that

>buying cars because others buys cars
>ignoring reliability ratings

You're like a perfect sheep.

I'm a poorfag who genuinely likes the experience of changing my own oil and working on my own car.
>inb4 snarky elitist comment

The S Class is superior in ever single way, build quality in Model S' is total fucking garbage

>90% would buy again
>buyers remorse
How does that work?

>buying cars because others buys cars
If that's the only reason people buy them why would over 90% of owners buy one again?

This thread is full of manlets making a lot of subjective conclusions about a car because they're mad that it's an EV.

>zoom away doing 0-60 in two seconds
And then your batteries overheat and I out pull you in my

I live in Bellevue, where all the Tesla owners suck each other's dicks. Most of them hate their car, yet always shill for it so they could sound "hip and eco-friendly". Every telsa owner I personally knew was a huge raging faggot. You sound like you fall into that category.

Is it one of those things where they shill for it so aggressively precisely because of how much they hate it

More like a paid shill, literally hasn't refuted any arguments just keep memeing about muh sales

Wow man, Bellevue? Thanks for sharing, that really gives credence to your opinion. As a poor teenager living in the suburbs you are definitely an expert on how 6 figure luxury sedans stack up against eachother.

Veeky Forums hates it because it's not a car. You don't drive a Tesla, you use it. It's literally nothing more than an appliance. That's what it was designed for, and that's all it ever will be.

It's a vehicle designed to get you from a to b and be absolutely no fun whatsoever. Yeah, instant torque woo-hoo, whatever. Really doesn't mean much when your ride is soulless and boring.

Sooo basically you're reaffirming that most people know fuck all about cars and fall for the memes? Gotcha.

>he finds commuting fun

It is if you dont drive a soulless piece of shit. My job is 20 miles away and that is sure damn fun in my Foxbody.

It can be. It really is what you make of it.

As a tool its really good, its a mega golf cart.
However it ticks very few boxes found on the average automotive enthusiest's boner list.

>Bellevue
>Poor suburbs

You sound like my gay neighbor who bought him and his husband matching model S's. He also thinks it's a "quality" luxury sedan.

uh oh, better tell all 400,000 model 3 pre-order holders that they're making a mistake. I'm sure that the information presented in this thread will absolutely convince them to reconsider their purchasing decision.

I can't wait until they have to split Veeky Forums into /ev/ and /ice/ since the salt will envelope the board past the tipping point in a few years when electric cars become ultra mainstream.

Fidget spinners also went ultra mainstream, never made them less gay.

Tesla's are the fidget spinner of the car world.

>Tesla's are the fidget spinner of the car world

This. Fuck the mainstream sheeple. I am a unique individual. My choice in unpopular possessions show the world that I am smarter and better than them.

>unironically using gay as an insult/descriptor

oh boy you really showed the tesla owners there. Surely if you tell tea owners that they are gay due to their car choice they will realize the error they made in selecting an gay automobile.

>Samefagging this hard

oy vey

>major company with public stock options doesnt have marketing team

Yeah, and Apple fan kids keep buying the same phone over and over again

As a car enthusiast they are making a mistake.

As a soulless a to be driver, really depends on location.

everything popular sucks and is gay

I feel like Tesla is just a meme. I personally have only seen 1 tesla ever. I live in a small town but often head to Phoenix and have never seen one. Is it only CA and other shit states?

You typically see them where people are intelligent and successful, so nowhere near you

>Tesla owners in a nutshell

I wouldnt call living on a faultline intelligent.

they are popular in asian communities
not kidding.

I've seen them being driven by trophy wives, chinks, and nu-male trust fund kiddies in Toronto, like at least 5-15 every single day

>"It's faster than a Hellcat bro"
>drives a base Model S with the smallest battery pack

There are actually a ton of them in the Phoenix metro area, especially over in the scottsdale area. Actually they have a store over in one of the malls over on the east side - south of old town scottsdale, don't remember the name.

Yep, Silicon Valley is full of retards that just stumbled into being self made billionaires, if you want to find a smart person ask the cashier at a Zumiez in Pheonix Arizona about their life choices

5k person town in MA - about 4 each day. Saw a bolt the other day too

>tfw my commute is literally the touge
>on a motorcycle

lolgay

>Silicon Valley is full of retards that just stumbled into being self made billionaires,
you joke but...

This is one of my two main reasons for disliking them also. As a car enthusiast, I'm not a big fan of their continued push to make the car more and more automated. I do actually enjoy my ~30 mile commute each way most of the time as long as there aren't major delays due to a wreck or something. Even losing all exhaust sound is enough for me to lose interest in it.

Like many others, I'm also concerned about running out of juice with no quick refueling option. I get that it would be fine for my normal commute, but I'd be worried on road trips. If I had to get something like this, I'd far prefer something like a Volt that can just be refueled at a gas station if needed.

>cashier
>silicon valley

Did you make the cars? Are you as intelligent because you drive one? No you got fucked by faggots in a shithole that will soon collapse into the pacific if were lucky. You cant even drive it since the accelerator broke. Also Quiktrip is better you beaner

>he actually unironically values the sound a car makes

ahahahahahahahahahhahahah you fucking luddite. I bet you horde old lightbulbs too.

You know electric cars are supposed to make noises to alert pedestrians, right?

Maybe if you didn't drive a slow ass shit box, you would enjoy the sound of a gas engine too. I love waking up to the sound of a cammed v8 with a vortech blower on it. You can keep your bullshit Jetsons mobile.

All the rich Chinese I know buy BMWs.

Once Amber Heard has sucked Elon Musk's soul dry, Elon Musk will lose all his hair and retire from public life and close down Tesla.

>m-muh sales, people bought it so it's the best and your valid points are wrong!

Oh nice one retard, not like you haven't been repeating that the whole thread because you're too god damn stupid to actually argue a point, just continue please you're making Tesla look more and more pathetic with every post

>he doesn't value the sound a car makes

Holy shit what a faggot, grow some testicles you little bitch

t. Econoshitbox driver that doesn't know how to open the hood on his car

The thing is, many cars have plastic accelerator pedals, but with glass fiber fill plastic and complex truss and gussetted design. This Tesla pedal is a hollow square tube made from cheap shit plastic. Glass reinforced plastic is seriously sturdy stuff that isn't cheap to manufacture.

>pic related, my Honda pedal (Nylon GF30) plenty of enthusiastic abuse

Is it even real leather, or vegan friendly shit?

I will never drive an automatic as long as I have a functional left leg. Until they make an electric car with a manual gearbox and clutch pedal (which will never happen) I will never own one.

are you retarded

have you even heard a mas before? completely different cars lmao

>build quality better than Mercedes
LMFAO HAHAHAH OP MY SIDES LMAOOOO IM DEAD I CANT STOP LAUGHING GODSPEED OP 10/10 TROLL I AM LEGIT CRYING YES BASED OP

This, glass fiber reinforced plastics are strong as fuck. It's often used in tools.

oh wow apparently having a loud smelly car is something to be proud of, oh man I didn't know that I'm gonna go rip out my muffler so I can be a real man now yeah yep you really convinced me there mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm sure you all know everything about the car since you see it from the bus window so often. When you an actually afford one then come back and talk, otherwise you're just spouting what BUT MUH V8 EXHAUST SOUNDS??? reviewers are Circle jerking over.

Sad. I guess I would be angry if I was that poor too though and saw all these people with such a better standard of living slowly and singlehandedly transforming the auto industry while I could do nothing but sit by and watch from my bus window.

Sad....

>really stomped on it
Plastic pedals is shitty, but like, you don't stomp on pedals

Instead of burning oil in your engine, burn it in a factory which supplies the electricity.
So even if cars are electric they're not saving the planet by any means.

>Destroy that car Now! Electrical sh*t is no good for racing.

>homo promo

>Sounds like my washing machine on a normal cycle..

>electric race cars are stupid shit no soung and no gears and they are heave

>Fast Vacuumcleaner. ... horribly boring :(

>YAY!? Without any engine sound what is the point? Good for you, you drove a life size RC toy around a track...

>It's heartbreaking to see an electric battery powered car set a record on the worlds greatest track. It's even more heartbreaking to see that people actually like the look and also the sound of these things.

>How can a slightly modified Prius win against the Porsche 918..

>Only mechanical engine + petrol, that electric toy sounds like my shaving machine... the beauty of motorsport, is in the engine sound,

>don't Like no sound...

>This cannot be true, petrol cars are faster

>But it sounds shit. Its a fact

>Chinese car with ripped off European technology typical Chinese .

>SO GAY

>Electric is gay

>sound like a fuckin toy machine

>I'll never buy an electric car. sounds retarded

>what a joke it has a vaccuum cleaner sound worst game ever !

>Sounds like me taking a piss... . I hate electric cars...

>so fucking boring with this TOY sound. i wouldnt drive a electric car even if im paid 1M for it.