Fun things to do in auto FWD?

>ride bikes forver
>move to a place that's too hot for me to handle
>cave and buy a car
>it's a FWD auto slushbox
>turns out I kinda like driving
>find out all the fun things to do in cars are for manual/RWD

What can I do other than shitty handbrake turns??

Hardly any twisties near me, all the roads are straight and go for miles.

Not fast enough to be fun in a straight line.

Found some empty ass car parks that I've been playing in at night, only handbrake turns so far,

What else can I try? I'm bored as shit and regret buying such a boring POS.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yX_k9CdURT0
youtube.com/watch?v=qqBA5oXH7WU
youtube.com/watch?v=n10tXGnfZW4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hypermile. That's it. Otherwise get a better car

Can't get another car. Stuck with this POS for at least a few more years till it's got equity in it and I can get rid of it in some bullshit trade in

Lmao

There's nothing fun you can do with an automatic FWD.

And if your car is the pic you posted, then you deserve to regret your decision. Why would you even think of buying a fucking Ford Focus?

I got a manual Focus and have fun in the twisty roads. It's always fun to drop a gear and floor it too. The Focus has independent rear suspension and despite being heavy handles pretty well

Should have got a manual OP

go steal 2x trays from your local fast food joint, back up onto them and pull your handbrake.

instant sub 15mph skids

drive like an ass and try as hard as you can to kill yourself knowing in the back of your head that your car will never let you

that's about as good as it gets

FWD can be fun. But nothing is engaging enough without a manual transmission.

Sell the bike

This. We use to go to the maccas car park at night and do this.

can't fucking wait to trade in my auto mini cooper for a manual miata, I should've never listened to my family who insisted I bought an auto when I wanted manual.

probably won't be able to trade it till winter but whatever, at least I'll have the miata for snow day drifting

move or drive to towns where twisties are DOY!
then you will enjoy fwd or if not buy land barge and drive couch and not give a shit about twisties...

find dirty gravel road, ride around as fast as you can

this kind of fun is great for everything except your suspension, but it's not like your car is going to fall apart from a bump or two either. except that, you'll get
>challenge, even at lower speeds
>very small chance of getting yourself killed unless you're complete retard, twisty gravel roads require low speeds
i never had automatic, but i think it wouldn't be too much of a problem. alternatively, take few days off and start road trip.

You don't know about the lunch trays? Ok. I won't spoil it for you. But search on youtube.

>What can I do other than shitty handbrake turns??
Reverse donuts.
youtube.com/watch?v=yX_k9CdURT0

You can induce oversteer in a FWD car by hitting the breaks moderately hard while turning and keeping your foot on the gas. The force of the brakes working against the acceleration will cause the car to weight-transfer to the front and simulate oversteer. You most likely won't get it to kick out much, but you'll at least sort of feel it.

Also, FWD cars are RWD if you're doing J-Turns in a parking lot over and over.

Really easy and boring J turns. And pathetic jolly handbrake turns.

I'll try that, thank you

scadinavean flick

youtube.com/watch?v=qqBA5oXH7WU
lower rear tire pressure:

youtube.com/watch?v=n10tXGnfZW4

And in the webm, adding differential braking to the front wheels (being able to brake more the inner wheel than the outside wheel). This is the reason why FWD cars with limited slip diffs feel like they tuck in under acceleration at times.

Tray sliding.
Gravel roads and liberal use of the parking brake can be fun.

>dat overtake in the video
Noice!!

I'll deff give that a try!!

A few people have mentioned this fabled tray sliding, I'll steal a few trays and try it for sure, looks funny as hell!!!

>gravel roads
I've been trying to find some around here for awhile, but in this part of Texas shit don't get built unless it's straight and paved. Only gravel roads I managed to find are in wildlife reserves, and I'm not enogunof a dick to haul ass like a rally special stage when there's old ppl birdwatching all around. Holding out hope!!