I want to learn to drive a manual transmission but literally no one I know has one (Amerilard)...

I want to learn to drive a manual transmission but literally no one I know has one (Amerilard). Is renting the only reasonable option or am I overlooking something?

I think most rentals are auto also. Buy a $500 manual shitbox and junk it when you're done, done even bother registering.

Just buy whatever manual car you are looking at. The best way to learn is to just throw yourself into it.
First time I drove a manual was after buying a 600hp 6 speed car. Stalled quite a few times driving it home from the dealer in traffic but by the time I got home I got the hang of it.

You know I just realized whether I rent or buy the throwaway car, how the fuck do I get the car home? Am I gonna have to bring someone who can actually drive to chauffeur me

You drive the car, dingus.

Seems kind of dangerous to drive a vehicle around other people without knowing how to actually control it besides hitting the brakes

Buy whatever cheap one off craigslist and tell the seller you'll pay whatever they're asking off CL if they teach you how to drive it for an hour or so.

Or just make a post offering cash to learn to drive one with their car.

You just get in it and try and drive it. You gonna stall a lot, if you do clutch in restart the car and go again. That's how you learn

You're making it sound more difficult than it actually is.

This is a pretty good idea, I like it

Buy it near where you live, put some fake plates on and drive home like an absolute madman. Good idea to take it to a parking lot and work out the basics for a few hours beforehand.

Some people here like to make driving a manual seem more difficult than it is. As long as you know how to brake, you won't kill anyone. Who cares if you stall the car when learning? You'll literally get the hang of it in 15 seconds once you get moving. Remember that stalling only really happens when starting from a standstill. Once you're moving, the wheels will keep the engine running. Forget your worries and have fun! Also, once you get the hang of it, go someplace you can thrash the car a bit. Even an impotent shitbox feels fun to drive when you hoon it in low enough gear and take tight enough corners.

American here, literally just test drove a Civic Si and bought it the next day.

I had dirt bike experience though so I already understood the concept of clutches and shifting gears. It's not complicated though, you can figure it out the first time you try to drive one. Took me like two weeks to really get comfortable in traffic and with hill starts.

>tfw live in a "car guy" city
>all the subhuman spics and whitetrash cucks get uppity if I ever stall out near their presence
>Veeky Forums pretends like it's easy to just ignore these mongoloids, but they're literally everywhere that has to do with cars (vatozones, O'Reillys, stealerships, car washes)

Bring it home on a recovery and take it too an empty place near your home and then practise manual driving.

Dude, not everyone learns fast.

Stop being a bitch.
The first time I ever drove stick was when i drove to the middle of Philadelphia to buy a thousand dollar shitbox, and i got to drive it an hour home.
If I can get a 5 minute crash course in a parking lot and then navigate philly traffic i think you can make it home.

>he's never had to drive around a Texas city filled with subhuman alcoholics and cokeheads who'll literally jump out of their window and yell at you if you stall out in their general vicinity
You are small time

Bought a manual corvette used. Dealership salesman sat in with me while we drove around for about 15 mins. It was nerve wracking getting it home but after a while i stopped fearing anything except taking off from inclines.

That doesnt mean the city is difficult to drive in

this user is right. if you know the general idea of how it works, u can learn in about 5-10 minutes in an empty parking lot. all you gotta do is practice starting from stop a bunch, and boom, you now know how to drive stick

I know, but this shit isn't rocket surgery.
Get in the car, figure out how to get moving.
When you stop, do it again.
Come on user. You're making it more difficult for yourself than it needs to be.

REEE yes it does you fucking virginwagon. Literally everyone (literally) that lives in my city who isn't me or my mom is a coke-addled shitbird or an alcoholic shit-kicker. Everyone goes 25 over the speed limit, everyone tailgates, nobody uses their turn signals, and EVERYONE rides in your blind spot

Literally, figuratively, quintessentially, proverbially, existentially, metaphysically, LITERALLY every single time I've stalled out in my city some fucking subhuman brownskin cokesnigger or some cousin-fucking Fetal Alcohol Syndrome trailer trash starts getting indignant and yelling at me. It doesn't help that there are many hills on my side of town where I live.

fucking virginbush

Calm your autism son.
Thats not going to be the experience for most people, the point is if you can get a crash course and navigate a notoriously densely populated city, it shouldnt be difficult for anyone.

>calm your autism
why do they get away with it and I get told to "calm my autism" or "please stop screeching sir" if I point anything out

THERE ARE LAWS AGAINST THIS KIND OF THING AND NOBODY SAYS WORD ONE ABOUT IT

>t shouldnt be difficult for anyone.
Actually i wont say it shouldnt be difficult, but it shouldnt be impossible for anyone with normal motor functions

Well im not saying its acceptable or not nigger-tier, but you're kinda being autistic about it m8. No need to sperg out about it, we're all friends here, except OP

>you're kinda being autistic about it
So I'm just supposed to ignore these/you subhuman mongoloid failed abortions when they/you intrude on my life

>REEE yes it does you fucking virginwagon.
>fucking virginbush
unnecessary

newsflash faggot, ur living with all those nigger subhumans too. if you're so great, fucking move away you autist. fuck

>except taking off from inclines.
Made me remember why I wasn't allowed to get a manual car at 19. Heel-toe was supposed to work for this right? Hold brake, gas lightly and release.

ebrake method is fool proof
>ebrake engaged
>slowly release clutch
>as clutch starts to engage, release ebrake and off you go

I can't drive a manual transmission either.

On that note, here are some other things I don't know how to do:

Fight with a sword
Saddle a horse
Operate a steam engine
Communicate using Morse code

Anyone else see a pattern here?

they're all things you can learn to do?

That pattern shows you're a boring, slightly stupid person.

Only that you're a boring unskilled man.

Go start doing interesting things with your life, and don't give that shitty 'Oh I live in an urban environment and that excuses my inability to do literally everything that isn't handed to me or given in step by step instructions off of a screen' excuse.

The point is that manual transmissions are obsolete technology and are pretty much going to be phased out over the next few decades.

Pretty sure the majority of vehicles on the road are manual still, America is the obvious exception but literally everyone else prefers being able to repair their own transmission with a few hundred dollars and an afternoon rather than well over a grand and absolutely having to take it to a professional.

Also driving enthusiasts will always argue 'muh tactile driving experience' even if DCT is faster than a human could ever shift.

Can I learn how to drive manual using one of those logitech racing wheels with a H-shifter?

>they dindu nuffin
>keep letting dem do wut dey do
>just move away if u dont like cokeheads & alcoholics mayne sheeit quit bein such a lil WHYTE NERD
You need to be put up against a wall and shot

Even less spaghetti: have them drive it to your place and watch some manual driving instructional videos on youtube for about ten minutes.

Nope, the hard part about driving manual is getting used to the 'bite point' with the clutch and finding out exactly where it engages and you can't simulate it at all.

lol youre such a whiny faggot. the world doesnt owe you anything.

if you dont like something, fucking do something about it. or just kill yourself.

>fight with a sword
It's like you don't even want to be Ken-sama

Just use the handbrake
Heel and toe is for quick downshifts into corners, you don't need to do it for a fucking hill start

>steam power is obsolete
I can almost guarantee you used steam power to make that post

dude I hate niggers too but there's literally nothing you can do aside from move away to some place that's civilized

you must be quite the nigger-lover since you've expressed no desire to move away and get out of said chimp infested area that you evidently live in

ARIGATO GOZAIMASHITA KEN-SAMA

Yuropoor here, why would anyone shout at you for driving stick?

I never said the world owes me something? You coke-addled alcoholic subhuman also quit samefagging

>same redditspacing
>same lowercaseposter "grammar"
>same nigger-tier nu-logic
>same nigger-tier insults
Stop it. Tell your helper it's time to let you off the computer.

If youre not like 16, you can go to a dealership and ask to test drive a manual car. The salesmen are just looking to make a commision, you're not going to get turned down. As long as you're straightforward with them and are not asking to drive a stupid expensive car they will help you through learning.

look into how transmissions work so you understand what you're doing when you're working the clutch and shifting.

Wear thin shoes so you can feel the catching point

try not to get overwhelmed by thinking too much. Girls can drive a manual transmission.

I learned the basics in like a day and then went and test drove vehicles. If you can at least learn how to pull out of a parking lot, just go in for a test drive and take a friend who already knows how to drive along with you. Say you don't want the salesman going along so you can discuss everything without distraction. Use their vehicle to learn on and take it back.

>no valid argument
>proceeds to have a meltdown
Whatever you say, nigger-lover.

When you get a manual, don't bother looking at the rev counter, just listen to the engine. Probably obvious advice but you get newbies who obsess over the counter for some reason.

LOL look at the cokehead having a meltdown

kys, autistic NEET faggot

LOL nice photoshop you meltdown loser. only took you 7 minutes

getting melty in here, nice meltdown you nigger-loving faggot

stay btfo

>literally everyone else prefers being able to repair their own transmission
No they don't.

>I can almost guarantee you used steam power to make that post
I'm obviously not referring to the steam turbines currently used in power plants; I'm referring to pic related.

look at this coke-fueled meltdown LOL

>I want to learn to drive a manual transmission
Go get a driving licence and they will teach you how to drive it.
Seriously what's so hard about it? On my first lesson I stalled the car maybe 2 times and been good ever since.

stay btfo nigger-lover

I'm going to venture a guess that you don't live in America because they didn't do that for me

LOL stay meltdown'd cokesniffer

UK. I am still amazed how it is possible to pass a driving test in the US without knowing how to drive anything but glorified go-karts,

Stay btfo coal-burner

I always laugh about americans not knowing how to drive a manual but then I remembered the time I got behind the wheel of my dad's automatic car and didn't know how to move it.

LOL meltdown

stay btfo

>meltdown

>70 posts
>30 posters
Can everyone in this thread crash and die?

LOL meltdown

>massive reply posting
>being this autistic

stay btfo, you autistic NEET

Doesn't take fuckin rocket appliances to figure this out.

Coke addled meltdown

LOL meltdown

>samefagging this hard

pathetic. inb4 I'm not a samefag! :^(

>posts are 1 second apart
>samefag
Choose one (1), you're melting down too much to logic right

LOL meltdown fag can't read timestamps or figure out posting cooldown timers. Try and meltdown less, kiddo

>being this mad because he was called a nigger-lover

stay btfo

>Buy a $500 manual shitbox
This is always the worst advice ever.
Shitty cars have shitty clutches, and teach bad habits.

Question for 'muricans. Are your license tests done on an automatic car? If yes, don't you have auto-only licenses?

>He can't saddle a horse or fight with a longsword
Get a load of this peasant. I bet your feudal lord cheaped out and only gave you a wooden pike too you whoreson.

I never had a license test; only a small exam I had to take on a computer because I took a 3rd party driver's education course offered by my state. The car I drove during that was a 2008 automatic corolla though. And yes, there's really only one type of license here albeit with different classes which are specified on the card, however for the average person the only two classes would be motor-vehicle (class o) and motorcycle.

Commercial vehicle and bus driving classification is a bit different, not exactly sure how that works

>I OBVIOUSLY didn't MEAN what i SAID, OBVIOUSLY

If by auto only you mean automatic transmission then no. A normal class o license allows a person to drive any car. There are not transmission restrictions on licenses

But why are yous allowed to drive manuals while you pass your test on automatics?
Here in the UK you get normal driving licence that you pass on manual, or automatic-only which I don't think anyone ever did.

i drove around in an old manual truck, then did my driving test in a friends automatic. If you pass your driving test in an automatic, you can drive anything you want :^)

No idea my dude, that's just how it is here. Ultimately it would be up to the state I believe if they wanted to impose transmission restrictions on drivers, however as it stands now a car is a car and you don't need a special license to drive a manual

I think it might be because of the American mindset which inclines individuals to drive automatics and it's just assumed that if you're one of the extremely few people who wants to drive a manual you evidently know how to drive it

>Are your license tests done on an automatic car? If yes, don't you have auto-only licenses?
Yes and yes. My only test behind the wheel was through my high school, and we used their car, a shitty automatic Dodge Aries.

At the time, I went to school in a rural area and some families were probably too poor to qualify on their own cars too so it was helpful to have an available car to use.

Why does it matter? When the vast majority of vehicles sold are auto transmissions, learning a stick is optional.

I swear to god Europoors are the whiniest fucks when it comes to differences between them and the US. See: units of measurement

>units of measurement
It's not US vs Euro. It's US vs the rest of the observable universe.

Why would people be required to pass a driving test on what makes up around 5% of the cars here?

The UK uses imperial measurements for day-to-day things. Important stuff is in metric though

>Why would people be required to pass a driving test on what makes up around 5% of the cars here?
95% can afford to pay up to automatic in the states?
I'm in the UK and despite living here since the age of 10 I refuse to learn these retarded units. I only got used to miles but that's because I learnt to multiply by 1.6 quite fast.

>95% can afford to pay up to automatic in the states?
Indeed. When the market is over-saturated with automatics because it's a norm in the U.S. the price of them stagnates, it's not considered a premium. An automatic Civic or Dodge Neon or other typical shitbox will run you less than 3k USD

Manual transmissions, if they're even available on a given model, run like $1k less than automatic. Not a massive difference

> I refuse to learn these retarded units

So instead you're gonna sperg out and cry, got it