Auto Insurance Costs?

Just payed my car insurance today;

$95.40 per month (though I just pay the $572.40 for six months) via Safeco Insurance for PL/PD on a 2007 Saturn Vue.

What’s everybody else paying?

Other urls found in this thread:

areavibes.com/detroit-mi/crime/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

$115 for an R/T 392 in Cali.

OP here, I suppose I should add that I'm in the metro Detroit 'burbs.

>niggas driving up your insurance

rip

A lot of people paying by the month can switch to paying 6 months or even 1 year in advance for large savings. And you should keep looking for better rates and companies that have good behaviour discounts or a points system that doesn't raise your rates if you have had time periods of no chargeable claims. So, your rate with state farm might not be the best at the beginning, but each year you not only accumulate points to use against a chargeable incident, you also accumulate discounts. It's how the insurance company behaves like a real insurance company rather than as a piggy bank with Float (such as Geico) to generate excess profits for its owner.

Yeah, I'm not in the city of Detroit but I am south of I-696 / 11 Mile Rd., which causes a bump in costs.

My insurance on that Saturn Vue went down $70-some from six months ago.

And I ought to mention that I'm 49 years old with no accidents two "rolling stop" tickets 10+ years back.

Hi Mr. Dataminer! I pay $-100000 for 0xa000 months via ABCDEF insurance company on a 1915 Ford Model T

20 yrs old - $36/mo

Not really. Many parts of Detroit are prosperous. It's just that the large ruined areas caused by minorities getting political vote control of the city are so notorious.

The police and fire had pulled back most of their best protection for the good areas of the city. There's lots of security and houses have HOA or at least have guns. The chief of police publicly came out and recommended responsible home owners should get guns in order to reduce the burden on police in our time of cutbacks and increased response times.

We used to have a hell of a lot of home invasions. That's when the criminals enter your home knowing you are there. It's worth a lot because they not only loot the house, but one or more of them goes to withdraw cash from all your bank cards. The city and media don't publicize it since that only makes more problems. But the rallying cry by the police for home owners to get guns and courses to protect themselves worked. Home invasions dropped a lot because the gangs got nervous about being shot.

Not necessarily. Crime rates are made from convictions. Detroit's conviction rate is far lower than the reported incident rate. So the crime rate in Detroit is only 105% greater than the USA average.

areavibes.com/detroit-mi/crime/

>crime

Who said anything about crime, they drive like shit and are notorious for trying to total their shitboxes into your shitbox for money.

$239 in ontario for a 98 chevrolet silverado

He cost of motorbike insurance in Alberta is unbelievably low (at least for liability that covers all of Canada and the US).

My brother insured a TW200 for $99 and a KLR for $150. I insured a DR350SE for $110. Even if you insure on a learners the price seems to be the same.

That's per-year.

$60 a month for liability + theft on 2015 FZ07, liability on 2007 R6 + 1989 Ford Mustang GT

I pay 130ish a month for full coverage on my f150. USAA in texas.

$150/mo for full coverage on my Hyundai Accent. 19 years old.

Went up $60 when I had an accident and totaled my car and was found at fault + sued.

>$239 in ontario for a 98 chevrolet silverado

Per month?!

$254 CAD/month
2017 V6 Mustang

$56 for full coverage on a 2003 Jeep Wrangler

24 y.o. with two tickets and one not-at-fault accident

>22 Yo

$525 a month for 4 months

Told my insurance company I park my car at my work 50% of the time (different area code)

>$470 last month

Told my insurance company to raise my collision to $1000

>$382 this month
Before I even got my license or my first car (last year) all insurances had a record on me saying that I had an accident back in 2014.

>Didn't know how to drive till 2016,
>never had a car till 2016.

How?

Took a few weeks to get that record removed from my name but my rates only went down like $10 on all the insurances that wanted me.

>Being black driving a 2010 car

Like 70 for full coverage/comprehensive on an 01 boxster S through Safeco as well

Seriously why drive at that point?

01 crv
260 cad a month

used to live on mack and woodward. It was a no man's land after 6pm, aside from WSU, where I went to uni. How's the rest of the area? I heard there's a Whole Foods there now.

I pay a little less than $165/month for a 12 year old subaru and a current year minivan. The minivan is comprehensive, the subaru is liability only.

>become victim of shitloads of crime from living in one the many literal shitholes of the us
>"why dont we get guns, and shoot the niggers"
>crime mysteriously drops overnight

Now if only the rest of the US got tired of living in fear of gangs and decided to shoot them first

>1995 Mazda MX-5 "Miata" 5-sp.
>Full coverage
>27 y.o.
>Rural Alabama
>Average 10-15k miles / year
>9 tickets (8 speeding, 1 reckless driving), but only 1 (speeding) in the last 5 years.
>0 accidents

$63 / month.

Went down to 77 bucks this month from 81, liability
2000 crv, i'm 20 and have 0 tickets or accidents
seems pretty expensive to me

jesus christ dude what the fuck

>How's the rest of the area?

I'm in Warren and we just hired a "diversity director", so that ought to tell where it's headed...

Thats Toronto insurance for ya
0 tickets, liability only, primary driver under someone elses policy otherwise its $500 a month.

Heh, I always thought Warren was already going there when I was there 10 years ago... I do miss blasting up and down I75 in the middle of the night because nobody gave a fuck.

240 a month for:

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth (full coverage)
2013 Toyota Prius C (full Coverage)
1994 Ford Explorer (liability)
1965 Chevy II (liability)

Dude, leave progressive asap. They fucking KILL you on rates. Try Geico. You'll thank me.

ya

My lord some of you folks are getting ripped off...

$91 CAD/Mth on a 2017 Chevy Cruze Hatchback LT (plus Convenience and RS packages. Just wanted fog lights, not the wannabe racer kit...)

Full cover ~25€
Vovlo 142

was paying 84$ a month for my miata but my rate just went up to 145$ with no accidents and my only ticket being a toll evasion, so im definitely going to look for new insurance. No way am i paying that much for a clapped out 91 with over 200k miles

450€/year for a Honda Jazz/Fit in germany

I mean it's just a shitbox, but I thought it was a bit expensive bc I haven't had a car on my name for a couple of years.

Apparently insurance is more expensive in the US

€388 for the year

~230€/year

$1000
Beats last year which was $1500

>Rolling stop ticket
Just looked that up, fucked up they'd ticket you for that

underrated