/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

u have autism in your fucking brain if ur still playing this game editio

BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv

>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw

>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM

>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400

>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/mods/amk-autumn-edition
metacognix.com/files/stlkrsoc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous thread

Which faction is your favorite, /sg/?

[extremely loud ragdoll collision noises]

Playing through SoC for the first time. Got a few questions.
>The head bob is fucking annoying as shit, is there any way to reduce it?
>Why does my gun feel so shit? Headshots don't seem to register and it takes a ton of shots to kill. Playing on veteran.
>Is there anyway to get subtitles for voiced lines? I live in a family that likes to make a ton of notice for some reason and it annoys the hell out of me that I can't hear what they're saying in game.
>Nimble told me about a guy who went looking for an artifact, said he'd tell me where it was, and it's not in my quests. What gives?

>mercs
>evil

do you have any evidence to back this claim

cam.inert 0.1 in console
set it to master retard
there's subtitles in audio options, fuck knows if the dialogues actually have subs though

Thanks. Also, should I disable any of the HUD? And how would I do it?

there's some settings in options to disable shit, I think you'll have to dl some hud mod if you want more minimal shit but still have ui though

Thanks m8. Should I also disable the cross hair for more immersion?

that shit disgusting FOV

>playing any game below 95 fov

its like you really want to puke on your keyboard

>stalker has the same type of FOV as all games
>i am dumb and cant see i am now wearing fish eye glasses

>I play videogames looking through a 60fov box with no peripheral vision

Duty, though I can't argue they're actually all that good. Not bad necessarily, but they're probably in bed with the military, and their goal of destroying the Zone isn't feasible.

you are beyond retarded, have fun tho

Hi /sg/! How goes your artifact hunting in the zone?

who develops here

>start up misery 2.1.1
>start as a sniper
>head to the road to the right
>shotty five lanky mofos
>pull out knife and get some body parts, rubles and a swiss army knife
>follow the road towards the sawmill
>see two dooty fucks struggling with a giant
>decide to sit back and watch through my 360 no scope, scope
>dooty retards eventually bite the dust
>giant limps off towards the sawmill
>go loot dooty booty and get a whole broken ass ak74 with no ammo and two pistols with no ammo
>t thanks I guess
>start heading towards the sawmill and kill the still limping giant
>want to follow pipeline to the boat full of sexy stalker boys and offer my ass so I can make a living
>cross the road
>psy storm breaks out
>run to closest shelter while blasting zombies boys who will offer no money for this sweet ass
>why am I sniper if I just use shotgun crosses my mind
>realize none of the buildings have roofs
>die repeatedly while trying to find proper shelter

IS THERE SOMEWHERE TO POST UP IN THE SAWMILL OR AM I A FUCKED FUCK BOI??

>install AMK AA2 for SoC (a fresh SoC 1.0004 install)
>follow installation steps carefully
>open game
>crashes everytime I start a new game
This is what I got on the log:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : header().graph_guid() == ai().game_graph().header().guid()
[error]Function : CALifeSpawnRegistry::load
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\alife_spawn_registry.cpp
[error]Line : 167
[error]Description : Spawn doesn't correspond to the graph : REBUILD SPAWN!

Somebody please

update your drivers

Keep in mind this is in accordance with the traditional DnD alignments, but here you go:

>A neutral evil character is typically selfish and has no qualms about turning on its allies-of-the-moment, and usually makes allies primarily to further their own goals.
>A neutral evil character has no compunctions about harming others to get what they want, but neither will they go out of their way to cause carnage or mayhem when they see no direct benefit for themselves.

In other words, they can be called evil because they harm others purely for their own convenience, nothing more. Thus they fit that position in the chart perfectly.

They are up to date user

no.

>AMK AA2 for SoC
post a link to the mod you're trying to use

You're fucked. Gotta get somewhere more solid. A boat or concrete building or cave or something along those lines.

>post a link to the mod you're trying to use
moddb.com/mods/amk-autumn-edition

Here you go

you fucked up the patch. use the drag and drop patch included with the mod.

god dammit, it was going so well too. thanks stalker user.

pop that quick release nigga

closest shelter i think is under the roadway between the chopper in the swamps + anomalies
and the other wide open area of water.

I did, I used the 1.0004 patch included with the mod. I draged the files and the prompt that asks me to replace the files appeared. What else could it be then?

dunno. if you are using steam version sometimes it can "auto update" your install. or so it's been said on here. i dunno cuz i use gog copies.

try grabbing a gog copy or a repack in the repo and use that?

I'll check it out. I have about 20ish seconds before I die.

I'm using a pirated version of course. I don't use Steam. I guess I will reinstall everything and try out regular AMK and see if at least that works

too far, i was able to spam medkits but I only have three and they don't last long enough for the who thing. oh well, time to pick another class anyway. i suck at sniping and would rather use a rifle and shotty in most cases.

wait. are you installing AMK AE u linked on top of AMK? if so then thats why it's fucked up

just install soc 1.0006, downgrade to 1.0004 then AMK AE

Holy shit no, I'm not that retarded. I installed SoC, then installed AMK AE after using the 1.0004 patch included in the mod. What I meant in the previous post was that I'm going to reinstall the game and try out regular AMK (alone) and see if this one works

did you turn the game on after applying the downgrade patch to make sure it was active? i've noticed some games need to start up to apply shit sometimes.

No... I applied the patch and then installed the mod. Although when starting up the game it reports itself as version 1.0004 on the inferior left corner. I'm gonna try that tomorrow

Quick question about The Faction Wars. Do the Bandits ever stop talking shit to you after you join them? You'd think after killing hundreds they'd stop calling you a bitch.

>joining the bandits
>expect them to not be shitheels

bruh

>tmw you feel more for a bunch of generic NPCs with no backstory or unique dialog than you do for characters in some acclaimed book
Why is this allowed?

Something unique about stalker, I guess.

I name all my characters in freeplay mods Glinka Shotgun, after a courageous loner in my first playthrough of CoP who I followed on an adventure through Zaton in the middle of the night.

Just picked this bundle off the newest steam sale. What am I in for?

some of them seem to simulate real personality, probably a placebo, like A-life, but SOMEHOW, those fucking slavs managed to pull this through

also they can all die, at any fucking second if the zone wishes it, or even crash and bye bye Dimitri Spaghetti, so they are in theory more real than any scripted or pre-written character with a start and an end.

fun, frustration, gittiing gud
and yeah if you end up liking it you will probably have some questions. feel free to ask away here, but expect at least a few kill yourself replies

>first playtrough of SoC
>meet a duty squad
>prepare to attack freedom base
>follow them
>at the very beginning run up the sniper tower
>try to kill all a snipers as fast as possible then cover my mates on the ground
>hear them die 1 by 1 over the radio
>mfw

instant regret because the steam versions are shit and the good versions are easy as fuck to pirate, and there is no reason not to pirate

oh and crashes you will encounter, most have a fix or remedy

Really? Well that's too bad, but how are the pirated versions better? Steam auto-updated fucks some mod compatibilities or something like that?

Yes auto update fucks it a lot, there is also random steam crashes and overlay problems with stability even when disabled with some mods, not to mention some mods only work on older versions.

But you should be fine playing vanilla for now, but once you want to mod, you will run into unnecessary trouble.

wat mod?

ZoA

if you want immersion, sure
I rarely use hip-fire, so the lack of crosshairs isn't a problem for me

breddy gud, i found 3 Moonlight artifacts almost next to each other in Wild Territory

me either but i do like the fact i can use it to see if a person is hostile or not by the color of the crosshair. instead of having to find out the hard way or use binoculars.

What are your keybind changes?

The hard way is always the right way, in the zone.

is this your face?

>Should I also disable the cross hair for more immersion?
Dude play the game how you want to play it.
If you feel the crosshair is disturbing you then disable it.

Vepr-12 or Spas-12?
Playing CoC, going to Yantar to get myself that helmet thingamajing and visit the labs.

Saiga

Vepr.
Magazine > single shell loading.

Although I love the panic I get when I spend all my shells and there's like 3 dogs still out to get me and all I can do is either start a half hour reload or try to catch single shots nicely

At Rostok, DUty trader man sells the Vepr-12 and Spas-12 at the moment, no saiga. Some pump actions too, but I need a semi auto at the moment.

>Game crashes after working fine for about an hour
>Go to check the log
It was empty

>saiga is single shell loading

>Vepr vs Spas
>Saiga
???

i cant read today i has the dumb.

>carrying anything except a vintorez for humans and a shotgun for mutants

>or, optionally, two shotguns, one loaded with darts and the other with buckshot

darts?

>not carrying only m1911 with silver armor piercing and hydrashock ammo
>the one for monsters and the other also for monsters

Shadow of Chernobyl has dart ammo for shotguns, is basically slugs but more accurate and armor piercing.

>vintorez
are you gay son?
AS Val is the patrician choice

>those arms

why isn't this in cop and coc

They just buffed slugs instead for CoP I suppose

>Duty

what did he mean by this?

>Clear Sky

Alright, which one of you faggots is best209?

something along those lines, in the end I had to do the remaining 5 guys myself and then stood in the rain facing the corpses of my allies and ennemies
(I then looted every single corpses and came back with a grenade launcher and a sniper with plenty of ammo but that's just a side note)

>first run on vanilla Clear Sky
>gone as far as Garbage and Dark Alley
>already with a SEVA, fully upgraded Vintorez and a fully upgraded LR-300
What is this bullshit

this still a thing? i thought it was just a bitcoin mining software disguised as a game

>vanilla Clear Sky

I'm playing the games in release order and vanilla. When I'm done with that I will mod the shit out of them. That's what you faggot ass autists recommended me

Also, Clear Sky is not as bad as many of you made it out to be, aside from the grenade spamming living up to the meme

Nobody recommends vanilla Clear Sky, and anyone that actually does is doing so to troll you.

I STILL WANT IT

Fuck you it's not that bad.

It's better than your favorite game.

Seconded, easily better.

So far I'm liking it more than SoC. Except for the grenade showers and the character's apparent hemophilia. Also runs better than SoC, the stuttering is finally fucking gone

speak for yourself faggot

>liking it more than SoC
oh, you're gonna be one of THOSE that like CoP more than SoC too
I know your kind, you are probably young

Does Massive Simulation Overhaul and Misery work together?

SoC > CS > CoP

None of their bad though, note that.

I'd probably like CS more than CoP if not for the bugginess I've had with CS even with Clear Sky Reclamation Project.

never ever

SoC > CoP = CS
for me
I see CS as more similar to SoC but shittier in general and with a very very bad end game.
CS somehow feels more empty even with all the patrols moving around, it feels like you are the one doing all the work, instead of being part of it like in SoC, you also never feel threatened because there is friendly fuckers everywhere and you have to go out of your way to make the entire zone hate you.

CoP is more modern and comfy but it gets just too easy and it just feels like you're at a stalker playground where nobody can get hurt because its happy hour, I really like the middle portion of it, problem is I never really feel threatened like in SoC and the labs/underground areas seem very tame in comparison with SoC, the underground road to Pripyat being good but ultimately too generic

Newfriend looking to play SoC here
I have a few hours (single digit) into it from years ago, but I can barely remember what I was doing or what mods I used

For a semi-first playthrough, should I download the 2015 Starter Pack from the OP or go with something like the newest version of STALKER Complete 2009?

Stay as far as you can way from COMPLETE.
Use something like ZRP instead metacognix.com/files/stlkrsoc/
and just play.

How good is the ppsh in 4AM at pripyat? the STG-44 that im using is top kino