/rsg/ Runescape General

God Tier List Edition

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates

>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,192,65899569

>BTS
[YouTube] April - RuneScape's Month Ahead
youtube.com/watch?v=2V-0wSDcjJE

Best Tier:
Saradomin
V
Guthix

Decent Tier:
Zimzam when he's not being a warmongering faggot

Shit Tier:
Armadyl / Seren / Zaros

Will never be a God Tier:
Sliske

>Saradomin
stopped reading

should I move onto Chaeldar as soon as I hit 75 combat or wait a while?

Literally incorrect. Let's try again.

Best tier:
The Elder Gods

Would be cool if he wasn't fucking dead tier:
Guthix

Shit tier:
Everyone else

Worse than shit tier:
Saradomin and Zamorak

>Zaros
>not will never be a star tier

yes

Always change slayer masters as soon as you can.

this event is literally a circlejerk

Someone sell a offhand rune scim on the GE, I want one and dont have the smithing for it

alright I put one up for 100k.

Put it up for 10M, where's the buy?

>stopped reading
I'm sorry you don't want utopia for all of Gielinor.
>liking elder gods that destroy entire species based on a whim
>thinking saradomin is shit
I sure wonder who is behind this post.

I put a buy order for 50k

Fuck off Zilyana, don't you have a t75 sword to fight over?

>tfw running nxt in arch
>tfw always stuck on preloading shaders

imagine how much better Morytania would be if Zamorak hadn't ruined it and turned it into a ghetto shithole, instead being another comfy Saradomin or Guthix-following town like Varrock or Taverley.

>he thinks Saradomin's interests are in providing utopia for Gielinor
You're an idiot.
Saradomin is just as interested in war as any other god is, he just pretends to be doing it for the greater good.

The Elder Gods are the only gods worth trusting, because they give so little a shit about Gielinor that they have literally no reason to lie. Hell, Jas convinced the other Elder Gods to give humans a second chance.
Reinstate the edicts, all hail the Elder Gods.

Elder Gods were about to destroy the planet like they did with all the others until you convinced them otherwise with your amazing plot influencing abilities. And they only gave you a chance to prove yourself, whatever that means, or else they will proceed to destroy Gielinor.
>Saradomin is just as interested in war as any other god is, he just pretends to be doing it for the greater goo
Oh yeah every god is just like Zamorak, destroying innocent villages for fun. Bandos is though.

Just kill mutated bloodvelds :^)
seriously are they literally the only source in the entire game?

This is why the game was better when these gods were basically dead

>Saradomin is just as interested in war as any other god is, he just pretends to be doing it for the greater good.
Just because he excels at war doesn't mean he likes it. Justice will prevail, with or without war.
If only the Saradominists were successful in retaking Mortytania.

No matter how you try to spin it, Saradomin's towns are the most thriving, harmonious on the planet, alongside Guthix's, whereas everything Zamorak touches turns to shit. So Saradomin is better god to follow unless you're an anarchist edgelord.

it was better because jagex made every god shit in one way or another and now 80% of all new quests are god related somehow
we'd still have some god-related shitposting now and then even if they hadn't brought them back I'm sure

>wanting no lore
What would you like to talk about instead, user? The in-depth, intensive new event? Or maybe the new Gemstone dragons?

>people talking about the game world is a bad thing

gotcha

Zaros is the one true god and Azzandra is his messenger!

>it was better when there was nothing to talk about
>I'm not interested in the lore so others shouldn't

I really wonder how delusional his followers have to be to not realize that all Zaros cares about is himself. He wants to be an Elder God so badly. What's best is that he'll never, ever achieve his dream.

Alright so if I'm finally 99 memevention, is this a good time to upgrade gizmos and if so what should I aim for, assuming I don't want to blow more than 10-20m total on them?
>weapon has crackling 2 with ultimatums 2, precise 3
>chest has scavenging 2 with looting, genocidal with undead slayer
>legs have venomblood, enhanced devoted 3

>reroll easy clue
>15k > 500k
nice

If you're going to go for one of the proto-gods why not Seren?
Zaros is a selfish, arrogant child. If he ever became an elder god he'd probably end up consuming Gielinor's anima himself.

yeah there was definitely nothing happening in the game at all until the gods came back retard

Seren's too emotional / a bitch. At least with Zaros you'll be deceived until the very end.

>He wants to be an Elder God so badly
Duh? He said that back when you first brought him back, it's been his mission this whole time and everyone around him wants to help him achieve that.

NoU
Seren is cool too. none of this story matters, it can all be rewritten in an instant.
Godless is clearly the righteous path to follow.

>Saranigger trying to deflect to "b-but Zamorak!"

Tzhaar and Prif exist, and they are the best

So how many of you faggots are hunting Hazelmeme's ring?

I'm not sure how anyone can like that horrendous bitch after Children of Mah, fuck anyone that likes that matricidal whore that screwed up a whole species in her selfishness.

Seren is dumb frogposter tier
I tried to like her but she was just awful in nearly every conversation she was in since The Light Within

>complains that she's matricidal
>complains that she screwed over the Mahjarrat to keep Mah alive
Make up your mind, m8

Yeah? Or do you want to talk about the amazing characters you made friends with over the yea- oh wait wgs killed them all in an instant without them even putting up a fight, haha.

So long as he gives me curses I honestly don't give a shit

He won't end the rituals. He won't bring the Mahjarrat back to their former glory. Everyone will be sacrificed in order for Zaros to reach his goal.

I just wear LoTD 24/7 and hope it works out. It was confirmed by Timbo that it's just a very rare drop.

>deflect
The post mentioned ''Saradomin is interested in war as all the other gods'', at that point all gods are part of the conversation. I'm addressing that point and how it doesn't make sense showing how Saradomin and Guthix's towns are far more thriving and prosperous than a god that's actually interested in war, Zamorak.
>Tzhaar
The place where its inhabitants often fight each other to the death for fun despite the fact that death means a perpetual state of agonizing crushing pain in the form of tokkul?
>Prif
The place that was sealed in a crystal all this time until recently due to the civil war that was ongoing until you appeared?

>He won't end the rituals
But he already did? Did you not do Children of Mah?

>implying the rituals won't come back when seren / zaros manipulates the entire mahjarrat race again

The reason the rituals even existed in the first place was because Seren tricked them for the sake of Mah who needed them. Mah is dead now.

I don't understand why Jagex made Priff all inclusive, every afk skill. At best it should have been the Agility/Herb/Farming hub city. There should have been an upgrade to Keld after Birthright quest to make it the Mining/Smithing/Invention/Crafting hub. Tzhaar inner city should have opened after Brink to make it the combat hub (with some mining/smithing). Yanille should be upgraded along with Wizard's Guild and a new quest to make it the runecraft/magic hub.

Hopefully along with Menophos we see more variation of skill-based location.

Prif isn't the best skilling place for any skill, not even thieving. There's higher exp rate activities for every skill elsewhere.

Spoken like a true Jalyt. Back to your baby cities fuccboi

Not him, but he does have a point. While the TzHaar city itself is prosperous, the quality of life is shit. Not only are you thrust into a certain caste, but your life as a TzHaar sucks. Not only do you have awful health problems, but the only fun thing to do is mine rocks.

>implying mining isn't the most fun skill
Look at this Jalyt, look at him and laugh!

But Kiln, Caves, and Pit exists. Tzhaar is literally a volcano valhalla

>brink of extinction made it so that tzhaars start dumping tokkul into the lava river to save the poor souls from their pain
>player character meanwhile has a gazillion tokkul in his pocket for his own monetary gains

Whats better than elves?
Don't say Stun(Dwarf) Traders

pls answer

midgets

You'd be surprised what Seren would do to protect her elves / Zaros would do to become an Elder God. Time will tell.

*Stunned*

Two can play at that game
>Falador
White Knights kicked out all the people who followed the other gods and are the de facto rulers while the king is too weak to do anything, was recently attacked by the black knights
Also white knights were trying to steal control of burthorpe from the imperial guard though that might have been retconned
>Varrock
Southern part is a ghetto, filled with tramps and muggers not to mention two gangs of well known robbers, also those mutts everywhere, got sieged by Zemouregal several times already
>Lumbridge
almost destroyed by Zamorak and Saradomin himself, eastern part was overrun by goblins who killed a bunch of people

>life is so miserable that they'd rather die in a meaningless battle than go on living
Makes sense to me.

I decided to play some because twitch gave me a free month. I found out my account got banned like 4 years ago so i'm starting over. is farming cows the best way to make money at the start? It seems to pay well for how cheap most gear is.

You can appeal, they usually give your account back even if you were permanently banned. Anyways, cows are always comfy.

>Two can play at that game
And you go on to talk about towns that are thriving and prosperous right now who don't do things like kill each other for fun as a national sport. No way in hell are you going to make even remotely as bad as Zamorak's ''towns'' or Tzhaar City.

>the Elder Gods have the ability to create and destroy planets, life and presumably anima at their own discretion
>they are literally the most powerful things in the universe
>couldn't fix Mah

Something doesn't add up

When you think about it the only reason the Mahjarrat are in risk of going extinct is because Enakhra won't put out and they keep killing their own to extend their lives instead of dying naturally

Nice job ignoring the entire post Saradominfag

Make and sell unfinished arrows.

They didn't create themselves, and the only reason we don't know what did is because it would create an endless chicken-and-egg problem. Whatever made their eggs will not participate in the story.

couldn't, or wouldn't?

Why would they fix Mah? I mean, it might be that they couldn't, but what if they just didn't want to?

>Nice job ignoring the entire post Saradominfag
Please explain how anything you said is worse than a town whose inhabitants kill each other for fun and is sealed in a fucking volcano with lava all around?

>Mahjarrat are in risk of going extinct is because Enakhra won't put out and they keep killing their own to extend their lives instead of dying naturally
Inbreeding is a scary thing, user. Plus, Enakhra wants Zamorak's dick too much.

Dude Mah was a stillborn, they didn't care about her so they left her to rot.

What the hell is wrong with a town being surrounded by lava when you're a creature that can bathe in it without being harmed?
And you make it sound like the TzHaar start killing themselves randomly when they actually have areas where they can go to for combat IF they want to, nobody is forcing them to.
Better than being at risk of being killed by a god because a bit of Guthix was left next to your town or by a mugger/goblin because you live in the shithole part of town.

Alien sex is different, probably.

>What the hell is wrong with a town being surrounded by lava when you're a creature that can bathe in it without being harmed?
Isolationism is scary.
>And you make it sound like the TzHaar start killing themselves randomly when they actually have areas where they can go to for combat IF they want to, nobody is forcing them to.
They go into battle because their existence is miserable. They cover up that misery with fake honor.

Did all the females get killed by Tumeken's allahu akbar or something?
Do we know what happened to Palkeera?

So if I'm a prime-fag just coming back.. cash stack is about 30m, have t75s/80s for gear... do I just catch up on quests? Never liked PVM.

Quests are good, they give pretty decent experience/rewards. The lore is nice as well.

>th-they're just pretending to be an honor-driven warrior society! They don't actually like it!

Shits weird.. there are F2P quests I haven't done now. Fugg.

She died in the Battle of Uzer just like everyone else involved. Not sure about the original gender ratio but Tumeken killed hundreds so it's very likely he killed the bulk of the females.

I think females are just incredibly rare. Palkeera got fucked up while trying to defend a demon. She died from her wounds. The only other female I can think of is Trindine. Her cause of death is unknown, we just know she is dead.

Dragon Slayer quest rework when?
It's the most iconic free to play quest and it's existed unchanged since its inception.

I didn't remember that, thanks

>What the hell is wrong with a town being surrounded by lava when you're a creature that can bathe in it without being harmed?
Actually hardened tzhaar remains are dumped in the lava to melt. Plus this is bad for other species like say, you.
>And you make it sound like the TzHaar start killing themselves randomly when they actually have areas where they can go to for combat IF they want to, nobody is forcing them to.
Killing each other for fun AND the death state being a perpetual state of agony is the problem, the elder kiln and brink of extinction were about how the Tzhaar were selfish, caste-obsessed pieces of shit people that didn't care for their own kin dying and suffering, saying that ''you should tough it out'' when ga'al-xox told them how horrible it was to be in tokkul form, all because of muh honor and tradition.

>Better than being at risk of being killed by a god because a bit of Guthix was left next to your town
It is not, in case you forgot, tzhaar are killed often and they (the alive ones that is) don't give a shit, because it's tradition. This is canon, since they said that the tokkul you give them (i.e: dead tzhaars) to buy stuff in their stores will be put in the river, but that's only at the very end when you've completed Brink of Extinction. Different from say, killing a random man npc in lumbridge where it's pretty obvious it's more of a gameplay thing than a lore thing.
Did you not do the elder kiln and brink of extinction? One of their own kind tells them they're fucked in the head and the whole society needs a rework after he experienced the agony of being tokkul and was then put in a ga'al body.

If Siliske is in the World Guardian's body and the WG is a female. Does that make WG is only living female Mahjarrat?

Yeah, that's why it's still iconic.

>One of their own kind tells them they're fucked in the head and the whole society needs a rework after he experienced the agony of being tokkul and was then put in a ga'al body.
Yeah, and then they started dumping tokkul into the lava to put the bodies of the deceased to rest.

>Actually hardened tzhaar remains are dumped in the lava to melt.
I know but the TokHaar can literally stand under a shower of lava to rejuvenate and their eggs require a ridiculous amount of heat to hatch right so I'm sure it doesn't harm the living ones

What's the best non-specialized general purpose aura for someone who doesn't have any at all

Sliske isn't in your body, he's in your mind.
Remember Marble Hornets? The World Guardian is essentially Masky now.

Which I guess makes Sliske the Slenderman but let's not look too far into this shitty metaphor, now.

Penance is really good, pretty much eliminates the use of prayer potion when is active.

Jack of trades is decent if you can bother to do the task, usually doesn't take more than 5 minutes.

I mean, it makes sense. Awful health problems, unable to leave caste/volcano, destined to die a horrific death. To top it all off, they retain the memories of all their ancestors. They know exactly what is coming.
It only makes sense to delude themselves with concepts like honor and chivalry. Existence would be far too bleak otherwise.

>tfw you get trapped as a conscious piece of currency
>people don't know how to free you so they pull the equivalent of dumping you and all the others into a giant fountain
>everyone celebrates while your agony continues out of sight

penance