/ndg/ - NieR/Drakenguard General #63

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

Mfw I look for /ndg/ on Veeky Forums this morning edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>[Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc]
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q
PASSWORD=hikaru

English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Nier:Automata Save Editor:
Python script:
dropbox.com/s/p9539mxoe2lyi5s/N_A_editor.py?dl=0
Executable:
dropbox.com/s/jt2gs9ou1nhxhfc/N_A_editor.exe?dl=0

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vEdaGXlaqOw
nier2.com/blog/2015/12/13/nier-drama-cd-the-space-war/
nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/Emil's Memories
github.com/wmltogether/CriPakTools/releases
z13.invisionfree.com/MetalGearRising_Mods/index.php?showtopic=21
forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&p=91558#p91558
facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1557100&p=52079670&viewfull=1#post52079670
siliconera.com/2017/03/21/nier-automata-director-talks-design-philosophies-storytelling-poop-butts/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Drakengard not spelled right
KYS!

2B looks like shit in Kaine's outfit. She doesn't deserve it either.

It's like 7 am I just woke up senpai, lemme delet this and fix it or something.

>YOU CANNOT DELETE THIS POST

Looks like you guys have to deal with my misspelt Drakengard.

pls forgive

I like the Kaine outfit a lot but her default is still hotter. Those boots are perfect.

So how does Kaine tuck her dick away so well?

I got ending E tonight and I'm suffering from post-game depression harder than any game I've played in recent memory

Everything seems kind of empty and meaningless

Find yourself someone to care about and give meaning to your life.

I keep hearing this and I swear to god you people just don't have friends or something.

That's a cute 2B.

I know the feeling. It will be awhile before I can move on to a new game. Also, about time we got a new general.

is that even possible to get ending E without help?

You guys told writing isn't hard.
Well it is for me.
I got barely any sleep last night because I was trying to think of a way to unfuck a contradiction I had made.
I couldn't focus at work today because I was trying to think of a way to close the gap between the intro and the shit going down.
I've been stuck on that gap for the past four days.

I'm not saying the writing itself is hard but it's making my life hard.

I did it once and it took like two hours. There are some crazies on YouTube who did the same and it also took them ages, feel free to look.

You're 100% meant to get help, but it is possible without it. You lose out on the awesome choir and the people from all over the world cheering you on, though. So, even though it's an achievement in and of itself, I'd say getting help is the better way to go just for the experience.

youtube.com/watch?v=vEdaGXlaqOw

worth it !

Her face is off.

So, do I go back and play Drakengard 1 or do I play papa nier's game now? I can skip drakengard 2 right since its not by yoko taro?

I've played Drakengard 1 for the first time just around two weeks ago. Went and did all endings. It's fun to see its crazy story, but the game is absolute dogshit and tedious garbage. Not recommended. Yes, you can skip DoD2.

Play Nier 1.

play n1

then jump in Drakengard. 1 and 3, 2 is not canon

I was told there exists a translated version of a short story that explains emil's appearance in automata and the giant heads in the desert.
Could a kind user hook me up?
I just achieved endings A-E last night and I'm hungry for more!

It's not really that substantial. It's jut a bit from the Drama CD where the aliens first show up and Emil starts cloning himself. Besides being a bit longer and told from Emil's perspective, there's not much more to it that the ingame recap of those events already told you.

nier2.com/blog/2015/12/13/nier-drama-cd-the-space-war/

Not the other guy, but I tend to get a little depressed everytime I finish a really good game/book/movie because it's "done" and I won't be able to experience it again.

And Automata is kind of sad as well so there's that.

she's a grower

I've been trying to do that for almost 20 years already

So the DLC title is 3C3C1D119440927

09/27/11944 is a date that shows up twice in the Amarazashi - Deserving of Life music video.

It's shown once as the ''Last-backup'' date and the second time it's shown as the date on a videoclip from the game.

Anyone got any ideas what the relevancy might be ?

>ingame recap of those events

Yeah

Is there anywhere to watch this outside of youtube?
It's not available in kiwiland.

Never mind, found it.
Damn that was heavy. They really wanted you to fell that the dolls are living things.
Those eyes were too real.

*feel

Generally speaking, most dates in N:A correspond roughly with some major event 10,000 years before. Wikipedia gives the closest match as a the start of a large USAAF bombing raid on the city of Kassel, but if you expand the scope out, September 27 1944 is only a couple days after Operation Market Garden.

Whether that's in any significant is up for debate in a major way. Pearl Harbor in WWII and the Pearl Harbor descent in the stage play are 10,000 years apart, but that's the only 1:1 correspondence, and the rest are much less concrete.

jokes on you! i don't

I feel like the "To Live is to Die" gag box art is more accurate than we were first expecting.

2E and A2 are beautiful! I want to kiss them on the bum!

>the only girl who gives you the time of day has orders to kill you when you go too deep down the rabbit hole

World is a Fuck.

2B/9S /ss/ doujin when.

Do you guys just circle jerk over 2B or do you actually discuss the game?

We circlejerk over 9S. God I wanna FUCK that shota ass with 2B watching while shlicking in a corner

The little story Emil tells you after you do his sidequest.

How about quit being a fuck and just look at the archive of the last thread to get an impression of how they go.

>his sidequest

Examine the Lunar Tear flower in the mall.

nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/Emil's Memories

it's likely the only reason she cares about him is that awful codependent relationship she was in, her entire life was built around killing him over and over again.

Have any of you repacked a .dat file for a Platinum game? I need help.

Fuck off piratecuck.

It's like friendzoning, except with the sweet embrace of death.

what

is she alright?

I don't think so.

It's modding talk, you auschwistic jew fuck.

We used to discuss the game but then the ultra-autist superwholock cancer moved in and the general went to shit.

Well if anyone does know how to repack .dat files, please respond. I found some 4k 2B textures I want to put into the game, and in general it would be nice to mod the game''s textures.

I managed to unpack the CPK and DTT files but can't repack.

I can't help you, but you're doing god's work user,

keep at it!

Care to post those textures? I'm afraid I can't help with the repacking, but I dick around with 3D modelling and could use those textures.

Unpack CPK files
github.com/wmltogether/CriPakTools/releases
Unpack DAT files(unnecessary except for repacking, presumably,
but that doesn't work)
z13.invisionfree.com/MetalGearRising_Mods/index.php?showtopic=21
Unpacking DTT(texture DAT container) files
forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&p=91558#p91558
Probably the ddt2dds can repack but I don't know how to make it do that.

4k textures are here, post pics of whatever you're doing ok
facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1557100&p=52079670&viewfull=1#post52079670

You know, I never noticed the opening in 2B's dress until route C.

Where do you think you are?

reddit

Thanks for this! I've actually just started rebuilding 2B's room in the Bunker (yet untextured) to make some lewd animations using Likkezg's recently released model in it. Not very far yet since the semester is starting this week, but I'll continue soon.

Praise the lewds.

It's not normal behavior even for Veeky Forums. I've never shared a thread with such broken, overly emotional faggots this general is a cesspit. It's a great game but jesus christ something about it acts like a magnet for the absolute shittiest people on the internet. The stench of autism, fanfics and self loathing here is off the charts.

Don't forget 2B's boots there. I didn't notice them until I was zooming about the room.

So I just finished 100% the game and deleted my save so I want to make sure I'm understanding things right, sorry if this is a common thing here.
Main story:

>Mankind is completely dead and androids lose serious morale.

>A certain group of unnamed Androids get the idea to create a lie that humanity is still around and have made a special android force to protect them

>They call this group YoRHa

>Short of the Commander all YoRHa androids are android bodies with minds made from machine parts (their black box) because they found it immoral to create androids that were just to die for a lie

>They keep the truth of the project from the majority/all but the commander

>They built a backdoor program that's whole function was to ensure that if they near victory over the machines it would destroy the bunker and blame the machines for it, this is to ensure that the truth of the moon is never found out

>This backdoor program was hid from everyone including the commander

>Machine Terminal was watching and learning all of this

>Machine Terminal was keeping a close eye on 9S after the ending events of path A/B

>In path C when 9S used the backdoor to get him and B2 back to the bunker he ignorantly gave the Machine Terminal/girls in red full reign of the bunker to infect them with the virus and to detonate the bunker

9S and 2B:

>9S was so advance he kept discovering the truth about mankind and became a risk for the whole project
>some information and operate 21O words to 9S seems to imply the quest YoRHa Betrayers happen because a previous run time 9S told them the truth
>they couldn't get rid of him because he actually was very useful at data gathering and infiltration
>B/E2 is assigned as a constant watch dog to kill 9S when given the order or if it's confirmed 9S knows the truth
>B2 killed him enough that it was starting to effect her in a bad way
>somewhere along the way 9S knew the truth about 2B but never acted on it

Don't worry, I won't. I took a bunch of screenshots with the freecam mod for reference. Plus, I love her boots.

9S has Pod 153, 21O and 2B caring about him but both 21O and 2B are forced to stay away from him because of his horrible fate despite loving him dearly and 153 seems to be forced to spy on him and lie to him and give the info to commander.

His and 2B's fate is just shitty despite how much they complement each other and enjoy being with each other.

Playing 9s's ending, then waiting til the next day for a2 and ending e was a mistake. It felt super anticlimactic. That and the fact that the truth about the robot/android war is only ever explained in a missable text file.
I also didn't enjoy how unfocused the game was and how out of the protag's only 9s seemed to have motivation behind his actions. I guess they're androids and are just following directives but that makes it harder to get into their characters. And not following 1 main character arc like in nier 1 felt worse. Overall I think I liked nier 1 more.

Idk just venting, I really loved the game up until the very ending. Maybe I just need to take a step back and think about it more. Maybe I'll come to appreciate it more as a whole in retrospect.

Finally Machine Terminal/girls in red:

>Terminal that Aliens built to network the machines

>Went full HAL and killed their creators

>study human data on the moon servers

>emulated it

>made machines think they were off the network when reality was they never left the network they were just on a different channel

>they did this for evolutionary reasons to try and transcend what they were

>for the most part they were in complete control of the events of Neir: Automata and how they transpired

>they spared the moon because of what unfolded in the 14th machine war including the "off network" machines creating Adam and the saturation trick that Pod 042 suggested causing them to reach a higher level of thinking than before.

again sorry if this has been talk to death it just got rather hair in the end and I wanted to make sure I understand what was presented in the game correctly.

Unless this is your first Yoko Taro game, there's no excuse for not reading the intel. Not that there ever is, really, but it's par for the course in these games.

Anyone who's curious about the story is just a few buttons away from finding out more about it, simple as that.

Of course I read it all, the issue for me it that that is the largest plot twist imo and it would have been for more effective if conveyed in a cutscene.

>I also didn't enjoy how unfocused the game was and how out of the protag's only 9s seemed to have motivation behind his actions

Sometimes a game is just a game. Not every little detail was planned, thought out and analyzed and it probably wasn't meant to be. There's no need to go full evageeks where every aspect of the work is scrutinized in more detail by the fans than the creator ever did.

Sometimes the answer is "because it would be interesting or cool" there's no hidden meaning.

Do I have to do tedious stuff in the game to get all the endings in Nier? Is it worth the payout instead of watching all the endings on youtube?

Some OC.
Have you accepted Jackass as best girl and your waifu yet?

I'm not really sure I consider it to be the largest of the twists. All it does is explain why the machines were more shitty than they could be, by intentional defects to prolong evolutionary pressure and how YoRHa are basically crash test dummies. But there's no narrative tension tied to that question or its answer. First and foremost, it's about the main characters' struggle in a busted world, in this case our lovely 2B, 9S and A2. Taro himself more or less said he focuses on how the characters struggle through this fucked up state of things, more so than the fucked up state of things itself:

>I’m not really interested in the bigger questions like the true nature of something or the universe or some world view. It’s more about faulty humans when they’re placed in these drastic, difficult conditions – how they would live their lives within that environment. It’s a more personal, narrower perspective where you’re seeing how someone is living out their life.
siliconera.com/2017/03/21/nier-automata-director-talks-design-philosophies-storytelling-poop-butts/

Viewed from that angle, I'd say 2B having to execute 9S is the main twist. It's the one most significant to at least two of the main characters and it's the one that shifts the context of the narrative leading up to it the most. It's just an opinion, obviously, but even if you don't like that twist, saw it coming, or whatever, I have a hard time seeing the contents of the Machine Research Report or the YoRHa Dispoal archives as the main twists. If the story was written with a focus on the characters, something it certainly succeeded in making me care about more than the machine infrastructure, it's the twists relating to those that should be awarded "main twist" status.

Not that you can't care about the background stuff a lot, plenty of people seem to do so, but the story simply isn't written around that and the craft went into what the story is actually focused on.

for me the biggest twist was that the YoRHa Androids are basically Adam and Eve in terms of whats in them.

Jackass belongs with White.

Thus said, godspeed in her genocide crusade against CEO of YoRHa.

Don't act like you ever browsed Veeky Forums before 2012

It became pretty obvious when you see 9S smashing Eve with his own attack in route A already.

in fairness one could assume that Eve was just Android and not machine at his core so no one should be surprised what 9S did

The game equates androids to machines at so many points that I hardly consider that a twist. You could even remove it from the story and keep it mostly intact, thematically. It's mainly there to drive that point home very blatantly, in my opinion.

where do I get maps in Nier? I'm up to the first village where you have to get info about the sealed vereses.

>I hardly consider that a twist.
You do understand that only YoRHa models have the black box right? They are not the same as the resistance Androids. Resistance Androids are true androids while the YoRHa models are just highly programed alien type machines.

Yes, I do understand.

Well right after that it turned out that 9S actually was able to integrate into machine network so well he became pretty much the same as Adam and Eve in terms of network functions.

So then the game equating androids to machines at so many points isn't reflecting that twist so much as the more basic message everyone is more similar than they care to admit.
The black box bit could be removed completely and it all still works the same.
The bigger impact of the Black Box's origin is that it means that YoRHa itself is just another part of the machine lifeforms.

regardless I'm curious what you would even count as a "twist" considering your strange standard on it.

Not quite the same, he was a lot more limited and could only access the offline machines

Post cute hugs!

>it means that YoRHa itself is just another part of the machine lifeforms.

Fanwankers plz go.

not in terms of who's controlling it but as in what they are.

my bad, that was meant for

Just for context and the sake of discussion I consider it the contents of the Machine Research Report the "main twist" though I guess that's a bad phrase, because the humans and the aliens are dead it means the entire context of the eternal war is pointless. It begs the question why are the characters doing what they are doing? What purpose do they serve? And this may be getting a bit weird and meta, but that seems like a Yoko Taro approved thing: The characters serve the purpose of battling for our amusement. It is almost as though we the audience are the Humans/Aliens that started this eternal war.
I guess that contradicts with themes from neir 1 a bit since in neir 1 the former human race doesn't really represent the audience in any way I can recall.
I don't think Taro meant to imply this but it was something the ending had me thinking about.

>The black box bit could be removed completely and it all still works the same.
Yes, that's what I said >The bigger impact of the Black Box's origin is that it means that YoRHa itself is just another part of the machine lifeforms.
They're made from the same cores, but YoRHa is still very much part of the android forces. The way you describe them makes it sound like the machines made YoRHa.

>regardless I'm curious what you would even count as a "twist" considering your strange standard on it.
I'm so knock yourself out. I just don't think the black boxes being made of machine cores is shocking or changes much, which you seem to agree. The more interesting part of that plot point is 9S actually digging deeper into denial and hatred in reaction to it, not its shock value, which I'd say is a requirement for a twist.

For someone who wasn't assigned to network functions by N2 itself it was still a damn impressive and pretty much confirmed that YoRHa androids can integrate pretty deeply into machines.

Did anyone else think the aliens were going to be a red herring only to be totally rused?

Reminder that aliens were actual dicks.

I hope there's a DLC with living aliens