PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳a9lh + CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-New Luma stable release. Fixes GBA and DS mode, cucks NTR, and much more. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
-A new kernel exploit for 11.3 has been released. Any 3DS up to 11.3 can be modded. wololo.net/2017/04/11/3ds-hack-nintendo-pushes-firmware-11-4-smealum-releases-kernel-exploit-firmware-11-3/
-11.4 patched the new kernel exploit and Soundhax. DO NOT update if you don't already have CFW. 3dbrew.org/wiki/11.4.0-37
BootNTR update is required. NTR streaming currently doesn't work and is going to require an NTR update. Don't update if you want to stream to PC.
hbl_loader works on the New 3DS, but doesn't on the original 3DS until it gets updated (this is going to take a while).
-Doodlebomb, a new entrypoint, has been released. mrnbayoh.github.io/doodlebomb/

>Vita
-Adrenaline 3 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases and you can use github.com/Freakler/vita-AdrenalineEasyInstaller/releases
-New taiHEN release brings PSN spoofing back. This is going to get patched soon. henkaku.xyz/changes/

>PS4
-JailbreakMe released.

>Xbox One
-Proof of concept userland exploit released. wololo.net/2017/03/31/xbox-one-hack-xbox-one-exploit-proof-concept-released-based-chakra-exploit-unconfirmed/

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2017/04/18/ps-vita-firmware-3-65-released/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What the fuck am I doing wrong, when I launch the sound thing it just shows the "soundhax" mp4 which can't be launched my firmware is 11.2.0.35u

SWITCH
HAX
WHEN

Wii / Nintendont question;
TimeSplitters Future Perfect works fine on my Wii via Nintendont, but TimeSplitters 2 constantly crashes. Why? Is there a fix?

so regular ntr updated to 3.4 just fine but 3.4 mode3 is mia. please help this poor retard

please help me

widescreen makes it crash do you have it on?

new 3ds or old

old 3DS xl

ah, so that's it. I did have it on. Thanks fampai :)

I have a hacked O3DSXL on 11.3 via soundhax. Is OP implying it is now safe to update?

yes

Is there a way to mix and match custom themes with different music than they come with?

great thanks, i haven't updated since hacking so wanted to make sure i get it right. I still update through regular system settings, or via a Luma app?

My issues remain unresolved sorry for being so impatient but I really want to figure out whats going wrong so I can fix it

how big of a memory card should i get if I wanted to buy a PSTV and pirate vita games and psp games and actually stream my ps4 to another room

is there any way to avoid paying the sony tax for their shitty custom memory cards

Had a 4.66 ps3 superslim, waited for a solution for cfw for years, now finally got tired and updated to play persona 5, no regrets now. The dream is over.

Well there's really no reason to update and actually it's going to break Homebrew if you care.

Replace the bgm.bcstm/BGM.at9 (3DS and Vita respectively) of the theme with one of your choice.

PSTV supports USB mass storage
Idk if PSTV has internal memory so just get a 4gb or something and then hook up a HDD to the thing for LOTS OF SPESS

oh. well that sucks. I'll hold off then. As long as I can ultimately get my pokemon transferred to the inevitable Switch game

thank you spess cowboy

Alright boys I just hacked my 3DS using the guide and got freeshop and all that stuff working. I also just downloaded the fire emblem fates special edition .cia because its not on the free shop. Now what do I do with this .cia how do I actually play the game.

stick it on your sd and install it with FBI

Ok thank you I have never hacked any console before so I'm surprised I made it this far with no knowledge just following the guide. Do I put it in the cias folder or the root or anywhere?

put it in cia folder, open fbi, navigate to cia folder and press install.

You can get 1TB of external storage for the price of a 16GB official Vita memory card.
Just hook it up and you have pretty much the entire Vita, PSP and PS1 library at your hands.

Thank you for your help and quick responses.

Any way to play visual novels on the 3ds? I remember reading something about vnds and twloader

you installed cias with FBI in the guide no reason to be asking this

Rip psn spoofing

pls

How much shit do I need to eat to hack apples in Kirby.

Can I did this directly on new3ds luma start by to finish? I don't want to use PC rite now

So the homebrew wikia is misleading, I just bought a PS3 and apparently although it is downgradeable, I need to buy some 80 dollar chip to solder to my PS3 to be able to run homebrew?

Great.

How did you guys get free games the fastest? I'm down with soldering I guess, I know a guy who can, do I really need to buy a chip to homebrew this?

4.78 OFW here

Why the fuck did you use the outdated OP that was always shit to begin with? Fuck off retard.

Good morning. You simply removed information. Make the Luma line somehow informative and I'll actually adopt it.

>call random guy selling a vita to ask for firmware version
>"it's 3.63, why does everyone want 3.60?"
>call store specializing in selling consoles
>"what's the firmware on these used vitas you're selling?"
>"stock"
>"I mean, what's the version?"
>"I'm afraid I can't tell you right now."
>"Will you be able to tell me later?"
>"I'm afraid not."

buying a vita is suffering

just buy a brand new vita from amazon, it'll be a little bit more expensive but brand new vitas are guaranteed below 3.60

Again, fuck off.

I'm sorry you didn't like the pun.

What? Are you trying to force a new meme or something now? Saying the same thing over and over doesn't make it funny, you know.

wtf, I got a supposedly undubbed game from 3dsiso but the audio is still in english. Is it just mislabeled or is there something further I have to do to get the JP voices working?

they're very expensive for a dead console (they cost three times as much as a used one would cost me)

Do better next time. This was a major Luma revision and I'm sure you can spare a word or two for what the hell changed and why people should get it.

Not him, but all YOU did was taking away information and adding confusing shit like "cucks NTR" (we got like 5 posts asking what you meant with everyone getting their hopes up in the other thread) and bringing back the "this is going to take a while" and "this is going to get patched soon" bits. Honestly, it doesn't even look like you read the threads or care about the scene developments anymore and just do this to satisfy your autism. Also, if you really want to talk about pointless additional information getting removed, you did exactly that in the PSV section.

>what are links

I have no problem with taking some of those changes on board user. I can freely admit I didn't notice a couple of those. You're wrong that I don't read the thread though, I'm here most days.

Something which needed reverting to the releases page to be current actually. It is a pretty exciting release and I don't really get what you'd be going for in stifling any reference to why.

Can someone please answer?

not really

wololo.net/2017/04/18/ps-vita-firmware-3-65-released/

oshit

why wouldn't you want to update though? like what's the downside to updating luma? it takes like 5 seconds

After I convert a .3ds to .cia, can I delete the xorpad files and ncchinfo.bin?

It's always possible a Luma update does a better job of spoofing Friend List and whatever else. There's almost never a downside to updating a well maintained cfw branch.

You didn't actually need xorpad files and ncchinfo.bin to begin with. Stop reading guides from 3 years ago.

Think of a cia as similar to an exe setup file. Would you be asking this sort of question if you made a proper exe?

Wow, i just heard that people are selling switch exploits to Nintendo? That really sucks even if i can understand from the persons perspective. How much do they get exactly ?

All I know is Nintendo increased the bounty just recently.

>Just realized Luma doesn't need a LayeredFS plugin at all anymore if I want to patch a cartridge or cia file, just the ROMFS file decrypted with the title ID
This is amazing.

>How did you guys get free games the fastest?
PSNDL

Why

>just the ROMFS file decrypted with the title ID
It's been like that for a long while. The new thing is that you don't need an entire romfs file, if you want you can do it like in LayeredFS that allows you to have extracted files and you don't need all of them.

3k.

I've been using the NTR LayeredFS method since I want them to work natively and always had to have everything extracted on top of a plugin file so this is nice.

Is anyone even providing just the translated files for anything? It seems like everyone just hands you either a patch for the decrypted romfs, the romfs but translated, or a cia file, not just the translated stuff.

I'm pretty paranoid about these stuff, and I don't like to meddle with thing that already work.
Whatever, I updated and everything seems to be fine. Thanks.

It's called stable for a reason.

Thats not a lot if this is true. I was thinking at least 50k ...

Can someone give me a quick and dirty on PS4 homebrew? Benefits? Limitations? Risks?

The weirdest shit is going on right now. I hacked my Wii U last night, got mocha and installed a few games on my USB flash, even tested them, now i go to mocha, and the games give me error 160-0105. Now i formated the USB from the console went ahead and reinstall the games, but its stuck at 0%

What do? i didnt touch anything and everything worked near perfect last night.

more so just bugs that can lead to exploits

What format do I use for a 500GB hard drive on the Vita TV?
I chose exFAT and it's not reading.

It's probably power.

Isn't exFat copyright Microsoft?

Is there a way to remove the dark filter from the N64 VC games on Wii U?

Fat32 and exFat work. If it's a drive that doesn't have a power cable, you'll need a cable to split data and power out, since I don't think the PSTV can provide enough power through the USB port for the drive to run.

no

You need one of those y cable, like the one used on the wiiu

well that sucks

Why the fuck DOES virtual console look so shit sometimes?

What would the other USB connection plug into?
You need full external power senpai

I'm still so fucking happy..
Adrenaline v3..

WE FUCKING DID IT REDDIT!!

It has it's own power cable.

I thought NTFS was Microsoft.

a pc, or an hub

Me too, user. That's the only thing I use the vita for. I only want better snes and gba emulation now.

>guy selling used vita
>has 3.65
lmao are you kidding me

Because Nintendo decided to apply darkening and bilinear filtering over their emulated video games and not give you any option to disable this.

Having a bit of an issue with translation patches and Luma.

I want to get the Taiko no Tatsujin Mystery Adventure translation patch to work. I've put the romfs in the /luma/titles/ folder simply titled "romfs" with no extension as told to and have the locale.txt as JPN JP. I have the translated 1.1 English update installed so that should be causing no issues, however, when I load up the game it's English only on the Don, Kan, DRUM, and character titles, nothing more. It seems like as soon as it loaded the addition DLC or update it completely broke the translation patch since everything but story mode should be translated. Any ideas?

>what looks like a college party
>everyone not dropping what they're doing to play mario kart
nice try, quinton

>mario kart

Ya desu video games may not be the coolest hobby but even people who don't game sure do love playing smash, Mario kart, pee sports and sometimes mario party whilst drunk/high.

It is. But the FAT family is also made by Microsoft.

Warning: Sony is sending out bans to people who connected to PSN on Vita while they were in homebrew applications

I sold my 3.63 vita and advertised it as 3.60. Most people are too lazy or cowardly to confront false sellers.

good

>tfw burner account and didn't connect to psn

I just got my Switch today.
How do you check what firmware version its on?
Is it on the Support page in the Settings, mine says 2.0, but I can still access the eShop and all that.

Somewhere in the settings says the firmware number. I think the latest updates are optional currently. But eventually they will make it mandatory like when Mario Kart 8 or ARMS releases.

If I buy a ps vita bundle and then later decide that 8 gigs of memory isn't enough, will I be able to use both memory cards (kind of like game cards in a way, swapping for whichever I wanna play)?

So spoofing is kill again?

I have a hacked o3ds. If I get a n3ds is there anything I can do to simplify hacking it or I just need to start from step 1 again?

2.0 was out day 1, before the captive portal exploit was teased. I assume keeping your switch on 2.0 will be a safe bet.

No clue how long it'll take to make real progress using the exploit, though.