My airbags are from AutoLiv.

implying that theres more than 1 airbag that came stock with my car

its long gone anyway

>implying my car has airbags

>i have a car

repurpose them as antiterror airbags

Why?

>tfw got a letter from GM about this recall last summer
>"don't worry it's not serious or urgent we'll contact you when we have the parts available and you can bring it in to the dealership"
>read fine print at bottom line "IIHS considers this a serious hazard as the airbags could randomly explode at any moment causing bodily injury or even death in some cases. Vehicles in warmer and more humid climates are at a greatly increased risk of the airbag malfunctioning."
>mfw I live in south Florida
>mfw I haven't heard anything from GM since last summer
>mfw my chevy tahoe could go full Timothy McVeigh at any time

My airbags are 20 years old, they probably don't even work

Just take the fucking thing out senpai

Recalled ones are known good aren't they? Got mine done under the recall last week

>got this for a nissan
>same letter
>no letters after
>live in louisiana with humidity 100% 24/7
>got hit last year but the bags didnt go off

jokes on you takata, my wheel coil is fucked and im getting rid of the passenger bag next time i go to a mechanic

My airbag probably stopped working 10 years ago.

93 F150

Same, and I have a mustang 2011, time to go to my nearest dealer.

Don't wait for GM to contact you.
Contact every dealer in your area and ask if they have parts in - if they do, schedule to get it replaced ASAP.

My letter from Honda said "we'll contact you when parts are available", and they never got in touch with me.
I went to the dealership where I get all of my service done anyway and had both of my airbags replaced.

>buying jap crap

>implying I have airbags
no thanks I'll die in a horrible twisted piece of scrap metal

this

>falling for the airbag Jew
El oh el. I bet you cucks have seatbelts as well

Triggered

My Honda already had the recall replacement airbags installed.

Yeah, ever since I replaced my peeling stock wheel in '09 with a nicer one from another Miata (same design though) the Airbag light stays lit for like 10 secs when I start the car. No idea if it works and I'm not sure if I care - I'd be more likely to hit something sideways than with the front of the car.

...my driver's seatbelt is disintegrating/tearing though and I actually care about that.

Nah, I kind of want to die.

is that a plane cockpit?

Takata had plenty of time to get rid of its assets so that it could do its planned bankruptcy. It's the old trick.

>Why?

Get your airbags replaced ASAP because Takata is avoiding responsibility by declaring bankruptcy.

>"don't worry it's not serious or urgent we'll contact you

The car makers want you (that is the entire customer base) to dawdle. Statistically speaking, the more owners that wait to replace them, the more likely the car maker will not have to pay to perform the recall. That's because the owner might sell, junk, or total the car by then. Thus no replacement need be done.

train actually

Takata will declare bankruptcy to discard a lot of legal obligations. After that, the assets that weren't disbursed will go to a Chinese company that is buying up Takata infrastructure and intellectual property.

I saw this warning on the car-part.com front page
what's this about?

>To date, there have been 11 deaths and approximately 180 injuries due to this problem in the U.S

You telling me I've been playing Russian Roulette on my commute to/fro work for the past year and a half and I'm still not dead yet? Come the fuck on, car, just fucking kill me already.

>car is 29 years old
>went off the road at 60mph to avoid a head-on collision
>slid along the ground on my front bumper, getting dirt all in my radiator
>airbag never deployed
>automatic engine shutoff didn't stop the engine
>had to get towed out because muddy incline, but then drove away
shrug.jpg

The injury rate would be higher, but it is quite hard to diagnose it that way when the company and lawyers attack the stats and require unbeatable proof each time. It's like how the entertainment carnival rides organization says the injury rate corresponds to 1 out of 16 million risk rate in the USA, yet there are over 1000 serious injuries per year. If you add the non-serious injuries that would be even more. But 1000 corresponds to 16 billion carnival rides which seems impossibly high. That's what happens when the fox guards the chickens. The stats are downplayed just like how BP said the number of barrels leaked into the gulf was nice and low.