/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh (embed) (embed)

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (embed) (embed)

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur (embed) (embed)
>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682165224
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=900079667
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>going to vassalize a faction that probably won't take part in the war by beating the shit out of their ally

How do I delete the Blorg?

Blorgs are top tier you shitlord

ctrl+w

I know that there are fucktons of infinite system cheatmods but is there any mod that, like Only removes the influence cost of removing a system?
Because I am sick of having to remove/Add systems all the time just because the AI is being lazy or retarded with development shit

>he fell for the mastery of nature meme

wew i never thought i would win a paradox game

Stop with the spiders already.

I'm having my first crack at making my own species for stellaris with pic related as my setup.
Are these good options for an imperialist empire?

Also, I'm going for the generic Emperor/Empress title, but what should I call my heirs? Prince/Princess or something else?
Also any empire name ideas? I'm thinking of Void Court at the moment.

Is there any mod that add more shp classes without all the bloat and bullshit from the New ship classes mod

They look interesting enough m8. Would personally drop fanatic purifiers for slaver guilds or mining guilds since imperialism isn't really about wiping stuff out but more exploiting them.

By the way, where's the ui color mod from? I like it

Is there a no niggers mod yet?

There is several european mods.

There are separate phenotype mods, so you can have a no niggers allowed empire, and an all nigger empire.
You can even have kikes, kebabs, sandniggers, and gooks.

>kikes
?

Undiverse Humanity.

How about this then?
Also the UI mod is called Dark UI, on the steam workshop.

>wraith levels a curator station
it's the little things that make it all worth it

Just what was the AI thinking again.

>yea this must be a good place to colonise
>build ship
>30% chance it gets raped when flying to rally-point

go to steam>steamapps>common>stellaris>gfx>portraits>portraits>07_portraits_human,txt
change the underlined numbers from 05 to 01

now all your blacks will be whites and you get to keep the dread hair too

based user, thanks

np dawg

Has anyone here tried this Northgard game? Just saw it while looking through the strategy releases on Steam. Looks kinda like settlers or something.

Looks like a mix between Folk Tale and a very casual Dwarf Fortress.

>be spiritualist
>have zro in starting system
I'm going full shroud aren't I?

Warp in Stellaris has no link to warp in Star Trek anyway.

What's the flag mod?

fuck off

I use these two:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682165224
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=900079667

Rate my build

I wanted my peaceful cabbage people to be a democracy but Philosopher Kings sounded great

>decides to play Dungeon Keeper to have an entire dungeon full of spiders
>can't dig on a Z axis
>uninstall

Orbital Bombardment

I never understood xenophile/pacifist, like what do you even do, wait till you get raped by non-pussies?

Ya, I liked it quite abit.
They made 4 "houses" that fight between each other on a randomly generated map, there are unique map victory objectives and the normal conquer/tech/faith victory, pretty fun.
if I remember correctly, they are making a 5th house as well, each of them has a different way to play, some have hilarious late game potential and some are based on early-mid game.

Play defensive and play tall instead of wide?

That's my plan, also having extra unity in a multi-specie ''''''empire'''''''' would make sense, no?

>he thinks that pacifist means being nonviolent
Aren't you too young to be a on4chan? You need to be at least 18 years old.

You should at least drop talented. Fewer levels means less opportunities for leaders to gain a trait when levelling up.

Every AI Pacifist Xenophile I've seen always succeeds in finding allies and form federations. Actually makes them strong enough to defend themselves.

Sounds interesting. Might give it a try, thanks.

Leaders aren't suppose to be disposable? Idea was to constantly generate high-level leaders, pick wilting?

half the time they get eaten by a nearby fanatical purifier though

Using leaders as disposables can be bad due to how much influence they cost and your situation with influence fluctuates quite a lot. I'd pick anything honestly. Rapid Breeders probably the best pick.

So, what would be more fitting to a peaceful/play tall empire? Also to plant people.

>Rapid Breeders

If I terraform a planet with a species that can be uplifted on it, will they die?

>pacifists cant even wage offensive wars
Instead of playing the game plays you, you just sit back and barely interact, like a cuck, also nice projecting.

>projecting this hard
>not even denying the accusation about him being underage
Lol.

Pacifists can wage liberation wars, though, which are offensive wars. It just means you don't get the land and a new faction spawns aligned to you instead.

You don't even play the game, so stop commenting in its mechanics.

Playing fanatic purifier atm and I managed to survive long enough to pick an ascnesion perk.

Which one should I take? I know robots are better than biological fucks but having a species that wants to eradicate everyone else because they are impure.... i mean i cant just turn myself into a robot, it would disagree with that ideology?

Not even sure if the game actually allows it

>robots are better than biological fucks
Lol no.

>biological being
>get old and die
>randomly get in heat and need to reproduce
>meawhile, robot master race
>doesn't get old
>doesn't die
>doesn't need to fap until his cum looks like water

Am I the only one that wants more intricate galaxy generation for Stellaris? Like, choose exactly which empires will be features and where they will spawn, choose the locations of all the enclaves and unique systems like Sanctuary and Gargantua. I'd like to have control over that

I wouldn't be asking it otherwise.

That is an interesting thought, since xenophobes clearly hate synthetics once you create them, because there counted as a separate species.

Don't know how it would work through Ascension. Maybe the upgraded population becomes the primary one and it all goes well?

I think my drouds may be defective what do?

Only one way to find out, user.

Yes, terraforming removes all pops.

But muh birds.

>kids talks without knowing
>get BTFO'd so hard it doesn't even answer
REKT

Well, anything else.

Also, is there any reason to be a democracy?

Looked it up on the paradog, seems like the primitives won't go anywhere

>not even denying the accusation about him being a cuck

Lol.

So you end up with a swarm of small vassals that just sit ontop of their planet in a War and get curbstomped by some psionic madman that goes on a crusade..
And building tall takes easily 200 years to get going.

>I never played Stellaris but I like to talk like I did : The Post
Embarassing!

Mandates, if you're interested

I mean, im sure the game allows you becoming a synth as a xenophobe, but it wouldnt make much sense and I would feel stupid doing it.

I mean cyborgs/synth give better bonuses than being able to genetical engineer a few traits in.

Literally have 0 hours in this game, what are mandates good for?

Yes be a good little paracuck

>I mean cyborgs/synth give better bonuses than being able to genetical engineer a few traits in.
Not a chance fancy pants.

so Things I should do/Not do with sectors
>not allow them to redevelop buildings to prevent them from fucking up a planets entire purpose in my empire
>only give them a planet after I build the building on every tile
Anything else?

I have never even seen this trait how do you get it?

It's an uplifted species trait only

If you go that rout you unlock a bunch of new traits.

Genetics Engineering >>>>>>>> synth

and the little brain symbol is the >tfw to intelligent
trait?

Useful for gaining "Influence", which is a quantified resource in Stellaris rather than a vague notion and is for non-democracies otherwise a difficult thing to acquire.

>only useful if multiple species minmax

Erudite 20% to all research and leaders get +1 level

Never played Democracy myself(Dictator and Imperial cunt).

From what I read somewhere:

Democracies and Oligarchies get Mandates every time a new president is elected. Mandate is like a small mission available while the leader is in position. I.e. something like "Build X amount of mining/research stations", " Colonise X amount of planets", something of that sort. Once completed they reward you with Influence. There's no penalty for not completing them.

Also, Democracies and Oligarchies might have somewhat of an advantage against others because of elections. They don't have to wait for their leaders to die and the Empire-wide perks they receive are a lot more fluid.

What is good to minmax now? Technology and Unity?

There is actually a trait that's literally callled "Intelligent" and it's a mortarboard, not a brain.
The brain trait is "Erudite", is basically superintelligence, and you can only get it if you become a 1337 gene h4XX0r

Oligarchies don't get mandates, they get Agendas instead, which are a passive bonus.

Oligarches work by electing 1 of 4 leaders, each with a different mandate. There's no objective to complete like you do with a Mandate.

The game really need balance.
>synth ascension is useless
>megastructures are bad except habitats

How do you manually install mods in 1.5? The old way doesnt seem to work anymore, they show up in the launcher but not ingame

>new content needs balancing

who would have thought

Yep, my bad, somehow was certain that Agendas were only for Dictatorial and Imperial authorities.

The people who are supposed to play test it in QA for 300 hours?

Don't excuse paradox for being lazy.

Oh fuck what do I pick?

yes, new content in any game ever has always been perfectly balanced

nothing has ever been overpowered or complete garbage

fucking moron

So after talking out of your ass about pacifist, you decided to prove that you have no clue about how QA works?
Nice.
Epic.
Much proof.
Such stupid.

Literally (You)

Fix your games, dipshits, then you wouldn't have defend your shit company on the internet.

MAP
THE
STARS
NIGGA

WE WUZ RESEARCHERS N' SHIT

Get the Sentient AI. Other stuff can easily show up later.

>"anyone who disagree with me is a drone"
>"i am the only carrier of truth in the entire world"
>"everyone but me is retarded"
So, how old are you? Twelve?

Fucking savage!
But it lacks the guy playing "remove kebab".

What can you do with influence? I still don't know what to do with my peaceful cabbage

>wanting to upset MC smartypants in their ringworlds
mom's gonna freak

Nah, they'll just yell at you and slap your appendages.

Whatever the case, that +10% is fucking delicious