Life is good

>tfw is going to the track tomorrow for her birthday without me
Feels cucked desu

First for motorcycle romance

>tfw she loves the bike more than you

>ktm
Now placing bets as to who breaks down first

Copied because late post:

Does anybody else dream of being that pissant in his home garage during the next motorbike revolution?
Electric or hydrogen? Brushless engines? Power by computer or direct modulation of controller?

It's a little late to get the Army to pay for three engineering degrees, but I'm hoping the maths from software is good for something.

I enjoy being a Luddite occasionally.

Says the namefag who's spent half the thread bragging, you know, about how KTM has been updating the engine while the Japanese have not.

Their really is something wrong with you, isn't there?

Can't find a single female that isn't a 40+ hag that is into motorcycles.

Meanwhile my bike literally attracts niggers like flies to shit.

I think that to keep rolling in the long run, it behooves us to get familiar with basic electrical engineering. I just have no bloody idea where to start...

I've met a few motorcycle touring in the third world. Most seem kinda dykey but none were actually lesbians afaik. The ones who ride alone we're 20-30ish, not old. But they're probably more typical of backpackers not bikers.

The future is three-phase, and it's all about math...

Probably, but then again I live in burger. I think we can make it happen for the enthusiast.

>guy wants $75 per bike
>which one would you get?

$75? All of them

>all of them

The one that starts?

Unless none of them do, then probably nothing since its cheaper to buy a running bike than rebuild one that isn't.

All of them, but at least the two 4-valve suzuki's. One for parts, one to ride

you don't even need to ride them, a small combustion engine for $75 is great to throw in the parts pile. Small engines are useful as shit for all kind of equipment

Yeah if it isn't a rusted out piece of shit sure.

>poorfag
>nobike until 2018

Hard to see what's there, but if two are the same get both, piece one good bike together from two old.

Finally got a bike but its a cheap ninja and everyone makes fun of me for not having a 600.

dr. manslave?

A bike is a bike, friend. To me it's pretty much always been that it doesn't matter what you ride, it's that you ride.

Don't give up user, I saved for a year before my first bike.

Just put aside money every month that you spend on useless shit and you'll have it in no time.

Anyone have any experience with inhelmet bluetooth?

Not sure what to get that will work with a decent price.

>look down
>little pool of oil on top of fork lower
>seals and rebuild kit won't arrive for at least a week

oh fug.

>Implying AC powered electric motorcycles

Sena. Can't speak for anyone else but the one I have has been great

which one do you have? I'm trying to spend less than 100$

>factory tire is almost kill

what tires are best tires?

Just bought the 20s dual pack today, split with my dad. Its pricy but works well so far.

If I was getting one only for myself, I would get the 10c, but only because I'm planning on getting a camera as well and it would effectively have saved me a purchase.

I'm definitely saving this, as an example of what's out there.
What kind of design is it? To investigate further, who designed this/produces them?
Perhaps you are thinking narrowly my friend. Direct drive is not the only way to propel a machine.
From a bottom-up perspective, it may be effective to develop engines propelled by hydraulic pressure. So the motor is acting on the liquid, and not effected by changes in outside factors.
I believe a group of students at Harvard did something similar in a hypermileage contest.

Newest addition to the garage

(But mechanical engineering and electrical engineering are the subjects I am lacking)

Sexy bike, minus the lardy stock pipes. What year?

S21

Post tits

They're getting swapped out as well as the oval headlight for pic related.

Its 2011

Where should a passenger put their feet if you don't got a passenger foot rest?

M7 RR a best

You don't understand.
There will never be an AC powered motorcycle.

Good taste on that headlight. What pipes are you thinking about getting for it?

Just picked up some S21's but I don't really have an opinion on them yet

I think the Competition Werkes look the best but I'm not sure yet.

Any Colorad/o/ dirtbike fags out there?

so just how dangerous are these things. I have heard all kinds of things about breaking fingers, but I am tired of bending/breaking levers.

Get some fold away levers

I too dig these, stick well and I get a couple hundred more miles out of a rear compared to comparable SS tires.

>cb600f 2013
>110 hp
>comfortable suspension/shock
>comfortable handlebars and seat position

Why don't you own a streetnaked user?

RC cars run on a DC battery but they use 3-phase brushless motors connected to an electronic speed control. It can be converted.

Electrician/Instrument tech/communication guy here.

The dumbass mechanics at my job can figure it out, most people probably can.

guys I just got my first bike a week ago, a new cb500f

Everything is going fine, haven't dropped it or anything, but I still get super nervous driving around in traffic. how long until I feel more confident?

That Yamaha XJ750 is a hell of a bike if you can get it back into shape. I had one as my first bike and was was so much fun.

>Transforming DC into AC
>Splitting it into 3 phases
>Efficient

There's literally no reason to simply computer control that motor using the DC.
>Cheaper
>Easier
>Lighter
>More effecient

No its not fggt, its more efficient to run a dc motor than it is to house an inverter+vfd.

>Australiaposting

this thing never made 110HP

>tfw that seca looks better than mine and that ones probably been sitting for 20 years
God damn that redneck who fucked with this bike before me
I'd kill for some parts off it at a reasonable price, all the parts off ebay are fuck expensive and look like complete garbage

Because it's not a nice comfy mile eating cruiser, duh

Was in the past, but moved away unfortunately

Just ride a lot to practice, shouldnt be too long.

I wish they'd make one that fit in the factory shroud.

ctx thread

Yes, three-phase induction motor.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirrel-cage_rotor
Designed by Nick Tesla himself.
Not just AC, three phase induction. They work by creating a rotating magnetic field, which induces a rotating electric field in the rotor. Power is created by the slip-angle between the rotating field of the stator and the rotation of the rotor.

Just one tasty feature of this arrangement is baked-in traction control. When losing traction, the rotor will "catch up" with the rotating field in the stator, but will go no further. You don't get wheelspin, the motor controller continues to control the position of the wheel regardless of load, traction, etc. This is the primary reason the Railroad industry is converting from DC to AC3 drive as fast as they can. Two locomotives can do the job of three, especially on grades and in conditions of poor traction.

No less efficient then chopping the DC for control in your typical PWM scheme. More efficient in many cases as you use fewer silicon switches (IGBTs, etc).

Some user here has said he's had great luck with what he claims are $20 AliExpress bark busters. Maybe he'll show up and talk about it

Never had any problems with them, they're not going to bend and cut your fingers off or whatever people say.

I had a kid I was teaching to ride fuck up and go over the handlebars and break both his wrists. I still use them because I'm not retarded.

I have the smh10, cheapest model, pretty good, just gotta memorize the button patterns since it's the lower model, and speakers are a 5/10. Mic is great for others though, but it's a hell of lot better than listening to wind

>Bike just hit the 5k mile mark
>Makes noises I did not hear before
>"Guess this is just the end of the break in period....

if its so cheap and efficient why are all consumer brushless products using AC brushless motors with DC power supplies?

theyre pretty good, you just need to be smart enough to let go in a crash and not stuff your arm through it

Offroading in 4wd > offroading on bike

Confirmed for truck/jeep being superior fun for off-road hooning

Well yeah, we all know dirt biking is for kids

>this so much

>slamming into rocks, getting stuck and taking all day to go a few miles is more fun than breezing through on a bike

>blocks your path

>literally any technical terrain
>Wrangler with $10k in mods going through at 4mph with a spotter
>little girl on two stroke dirt bike passes it on the outside going 30mph

pretty much, that 4runner took 5 tries before he finally bashed his way up that

Oh. I could apply my satcom training to this, build from there.
Thanks, mate. I'm overflowing with stupid ideas already.

>I'm overflowing with stupid ideas already.
The best way to be, always.

They're surprisingly sticky in the wet too. Used to struggle doing a wheelie when the ground was a bit moist but with these tires I can do a wheelie through a puddle without losing traction at all

Not that user but I have a set of the acerbis aliexpress knockoffs on my wifes supermoto and she's dropped it at the cart track a few times and they are holding up fine other that the plastic being scraped.

yes dirt bikes go further, faster and get their easier than a 4x4, this is well known and also why a 4x4 that does go places with relative ease is worth its weight in gold.

That only makes a good 4x4 preferable to a shitty 4x4, not a dirt bike

a 4x4 is never preferable to a dirt bike though, the only reason you get a 4x4 is because your misses made you sell your dirt bike but you still want to go out in the bush.

or to transport your dirt bikes to places, that one is also acceptable.

That's my point? I was disagreeing with this idiot

hayabusa?

oh well im completely agreeing with you man

>tfw my bike finally managed to attract a qt but she isnt my type

Elbows too pointy?

>tfw you are a 5 but your absurdly high standards make you think you deserve an 8-10
get over yourself user, otherwise you will live a lonely life.

>tfw girls check out my bike all the time but am ugly
they can't see my face with the mirrored lens, it throws them off.

>bothering with looks first

Most chicks are simply boring

"What do you mean take it off, baby, this is what I meant by safe sex"
>Can't see anything cauz fogged up visor anyway

Ayy lmao!!
All these beta cuck nu-males