>6-speed
>brembo

r i g h t a n g l e s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S5NWcdq4Wf4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Too rounded, too Ford.

>right angles
>has a clearly rounded roofline not to mention the stepped-down sides that indicate a second gen V70 instead of the pure box first gen

they were winning up until the middle

now it kinda looks like some burger van

>being this mad about a station wagon that can btfo your car

It looks like a hearse though.

Galant VR-4
Celica GT-Four (All-Trac in USA)
Subaru Forester XT (My favorite)
Arguably the '00s GTO and new Chevy SS.

True, I wouldn't get a black one that's for sure.

>ITT: your favorite sleepers
The ARI Legacy II

>The ARI Legacy II
fug u got me

>Volvo 850

>Dodge Caravan

It's ugly, looks like a fisher price toy, it has an awful turning radius, it has awful haldex AWD, it has 1000 computers and useless shit that breaks, it's just an awful car 2bh, volvo died in 1993, whatever came after isn't a true volvo.

s p e e d 6

>250hp
>400lbs/ft
>direct drive
>very low CoG
>factory aero without rice
>smaller than a mini-cooper
>near 50-50 weight distribution

volvo died with the number cars, 850 turbo/R was the last gasp, too bad the US got cucked with no 5 speeds.

if mazda would make fast cars again they would be the goat

>fuckhuge
>performance

choose one

You forgot
>only car gayer than a na miata

High end interior

>""""""""awd"""""""""
>implying brembo matters
here is a way better "sleeper"
>350hp
>rwd
>remove badging and change rims to make it look like a gypsy owned merc

What's the newest Volvo I can buy if I want:
>reliability
>not a PITA to work on
>RWD or AWD
>manual tranny

7 or 9 series

Is an S60 (R or not) a bad idea

more driven wheels != better

they do help in keeping one from careening off a cliff face, though

I honestly don't care much about the AWD meme powertrain I just want something that isn't any more than 10-15yrs old

name one

The reverse is also not necessarily true, especially when pushed to the limits of oversteer.

>understeer off the cliff instead of oversteer
Is it really better?

Not really
youtu.be/S5NWcdq4Wf4

I just drove thru that tunnel on the way back from the Veeky Forums meetup lol, there's a pretty big bump right where he lost control, he's probably riding his bump stops like a retard

Only if the driver is a tripfag. AWD doesn't give more grip for braking or cornering, only more potential for acceleration.

drive dumb, die dumb

You can put power down earlier in the corner though with AWD. RWD you pretty much have to wait until you've straightened out to hammer it, but with AWD you can punch it at the apex with the wheels still turned and not end up like a mustang leaving a cars and coffee.

?
Watch some race footage with in-car throttle and accelerometer data and you can see the drivers are giving it throttle while still in the turn, you just have to be careful to not give too much, it's a balance.
Just like threshold breaking or a million other things in racing, it's all a balance.

Don't forget the Duratec 30 as a whole

braking* lol

It probably doesn't help that the rwd car I have the most experience with has a lot of low end torque and my AWD shitbox has none at all.

Still, I can floor it at the apex in my turd and I have to wait longer to accelerate in my rwd. Slow in fast out is better than slow in slow out.

>i can floor in the apex with my weak car
Ok?

mazda wagon is good wagon

But user, that's not what a V70R looks like inside.

It's my daily

None of which has any relevance to understeering off the road, which is purely driver error.

that volvo leather looks nice..for the first 150k km

FIN
DU
MONDE
top beer, lad

>Chevy SS
Those are common as fuck in Australia (where they're made) and aren't really a sleeper. In Aus they're the cheapest way to get a powerful V8 and go fast.
t. Ausfag

maudite is good too

dogfucker

>built in weight reduction features
car literally rusts away during a race to give you that extra power to weight

I think it and the miata are cute. Cute car is better than angry car.

>better in every way

9-5 Aero
260HP/370Nm

Swap to $120 ECU

320HP/480Nm

Where?

In Sweden.
Though you better change the pistons to the T5 or forged if you want them to survive.

They should be fine till 400hp on b2x5 internals.

To get to 320hp you will need some exhaust work.

Already in sweden, so where in sweden? Nordic performance? Speedparts or something?

Any place that makes a ECU tune for your specific car.
Buying prebuilt tuning kits is a bad way to tune your car.
Nordic and Maptun are good if you do end up wanting the easy way, though they charge more for the higher stages.
IIRC Speedparts had a sale on their 280HP/44Nm ones for around $110 around two years ago.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Okay, sounds good

hp

Does mazda even make any v6 car anymore? Or RWD other than the hairdresser car?

What is the hard way? Tuning it on your own?

Download t7 suite, get the connector to plug your laptop into your ECU and tune away. I think t7 suite comes with a few preloaded maps

Alright, i have legit now idea how to tune and just as much on how to learn it, any tips?

And a dyno would be goos to have for that too

Me? Not really since I got it tuned for $120 by a friends mechanic friend.
Did use a 340HP tune file he had for his 9-5 but detuned it to 320HP/480Nm instead of 340HP 540Nm.
But once you do learn how to use it, enjoy your $0 ECU flashing.
Though don't write too many times to the ECU since I think he said they can brick once in a while after being written to too many times.

Okok, i'll most likely have some dude do it, a lot of things to learn, but i'll try

>Forester XT

thanks la

Serious question.

Does Galant Vr-4 have the same engine problems as Pajero EVO? (as in you have to pray that nothing breaks or good luck finding parts)

Yeah those were sweet back then. Nice smooth engine and perfect steering for a fwd fambly car.

S-stop, i love my interior ;_;

>The wrong Swedish car survived the US jew scheme.

They put a "roof" on it and now it looks cool. It's one step closer to the shooting brake we all really want and likely now that the RX is dead. Also there's a rumored speed3.

In short, no. Mazda hasn't had any zoom zoom in a while.

Postin' superior inline 5 turbo AWD hyper-wagon

This

t. MS6 owner

>Biodegradable wiring looms

post bread

Spirit R/T

No one likes being overtaken by a Skoda.

doesnt that awd snap like a pretzel?

I know the first gen had an AWD system made of glass, don't know about the second gen.
The 850R is the better car, even if it's only FWD.

[understeer intensifies]

is it worth checking out with an automagic?

NOT SQUARE ENOUGH

nope just regular 4g63

Saab is definitely the superior product but they were bleeding cash for 4 decades. At least Volvo got small quirks from Ford like shit interior and gutless engine.

owned one of these
owned one of these
owned a 540i sedan

confirm my list goes
undeniable no. 1:
>540i/6
Just sold this one actually, great handling for a sedan this "big" with a great interior that has aged nicely. Huge huge huge HUGE fan of the exterior styling. especially some of the stuff people do to it in the aftermarket or the m5. great powertrain, bulletproof (basically) motor. tranny is smooth and tight like a virgin pussy. rwd. whatever I could go on forever, but if you have the opportunity to buy one that isnt abused. jump on it.
2:
>Mazdaspeed6
Good in all areas: sporty feel, power ("power"), comfort/luxury, mpg, cheap maintenance.

did not excel in ANYTHING though and so I didn't love the car. I can handle not doing great in one category of a car in exchange for excelling in another or more than one other category. had mine for a while and really liked it but I didn't love it. You can totally beef this car up, but I didn't.
Sad to say 3:
>v70r
it was automatic, and I do wish I had given it more power. it just seemed a bit anemic in the engine and like the power just dissipated. maybe a 6 speed in the s60r would have changed my mind but power delivery was pretty shit. mega ultra luxury interior compared to the other two cars. handles like a boat in comfort suspension mode - handles like a wagon (expected) in advanced suspension mode. whatever, the car could be great if you shovel money towards it but as it was it just wasn't for me.

soap box over

Will do tonight

>powerful v8

90% of commodores on the road just make heaps of noise and go slightly faster whenever they slap it into drive and floor it.

If you had a 04-05 VR, the transmission had a torque limiter in 1st and 2nd, because shit transmission and shit AWD system. The automatic in the 06-07 doesn't have the limiter, and the angle gear collar is upgraded to not break as much, but the basic problem there is that a flaw in the design inevitably leads to lube starvation.

The manual transmission is faster but has a problem with the clutch slave cylinder that leads to clutch going boom at about 75K miles.

The amazing Atacama interior was why I kept my '07 S60R for as long as I did, but ultimately the car is a money pit and has way too many stupid flaws to live with and fuck that turning radius, fuck it right in the ass.

This can't be real

My dad had one. Not exactly a sleeper.

This was always my dream car as a kid.

Maybe in blue.

It kind of reminds me of the Chrysler Sebring.

>Maybe in blue.
Two words: Nogaro curse.

Own a P1 platform volvo, and they look MUCH better in person than in pictures

The whole dash is soft touch and round and the waterfall looks better from other angles when you can see the area behind it
And the buttons feel great to push for some reason, best cat buttons I have ever pushed

Links to V70, title of your images says S40. Typical Americunt.

c63 wagon wo badging
cant get much more insane than that