So what's the closest thing you can get to a Twingo in north america ?

So what's the closest thing you can get to a Twingo in north america ?

I'm a frenchfag and we had twongis everywhere in France, but since I moved to Leafland I miss seeing its silly face whenever I'd go out. All I see are angry cars and I feel depressed.

What's an american car that has the same features as a twingo : a shitbox that's inexpensive, cheap to maintain, smol and silly look ? Pic probably related

Canadia's import restriction is only 15 years. You can legally import one.

Find a JDM importer around you, you might get a weird look when you say you want a Twingo but they do all the legwork for you. Finding one, getting it here, registering it, everything. They're so cheap that you might as well pay the fees for them to do it instead of the headache of getting it done yourself.

Since your restriction is 15 years, you can get a 98-02 model, which is improved over the 93-97 in a bunch of ways. Safer, better and less archaic engine, banana dials, etc. Definitely do that if you can.

Geo Metro but I don't think it'd come close since Twingo is RWD and the Geo Metro is basically the god of FWD econoboxes

Ameriburg here: is it possible/feasible to import a Twingo via canada and then from canada into the US? I'm sure someone's thought of this for other memecars like the GT-R

We've got the Festiva.

Sounds awesome, thanks for the tip. And I thought JDM shops only imported cars from Japan...

But I've never seen a twingo around here. What you said makes sense but are you sure it's legal ?
I'll call the closest JDM importer to see how much it would cost me.

It's insane to import a DD, every part has to be ebayed, waiting for two weeks even for the smallest thing.

Toyota Echo, Honda Fit, Geo Metro, Mazda 2. I'm pretty sure Canada got the 1st gen Echo as a hatchback, which is QT as FK.

No. Customs is customs and it will get sent back or crushed if it comes over as a complete running and driving vehicle under 25. You could theoretically import the shell as parts, then the engine separately in a different container, but you still wouldn't be able to register it and if the feds found out, they would seize it and crush it, even if the state doesn't care, it's still federally illegal.

Bottom line is if it isn't 25 it is illegal and can be destroyed. It's shitty but that's our greedy government for you. There is one exception for the "show and display" clause but it has to have some sort of significance (movie car, owned by a world leader, etc) or under 500 units produced, and can't be driven more than 1500 miles a year.

True. You could import two and have a parts car, and I'd eBay a whole bunch of parts to go with it like brakes, clutch, spark plugs and wires, fuel filter, suspension parts, etc to bring it back up to snuff before seriously driving it anyway. A €200 car isn't gonna be the best maintained.

The 93-97 has a cleon-fonte engine, which they did officially sell in the US and Canada for years and years from the 60's until they pulled out of the US market in 1987. A V1 will have a hair of support in that regard, and it's very similar mechanically to the R5 which was also sold here.

People probably just haven't imported them because most people don't care about old shitboxes enough to import one. There are plenty of things like skylines and WRXs around that are over 15.

>I'm pretty sure Canada got the 1st gen Echo as a hatchback, which is QT as FK.

You're talking about these ? Yeah we have them

Subaru Justy! So cute and simple...

>Frenchfag gents depressed when not seeing happy faces everywhere

should have moved to Japan, desu

Did burgers get this gen Micra? Its quirky like a Twinga.

Dodge Neon anyone?

>Twingo is RWD

This twingo got imprisoned

Do Americans not have these?

It is though

what part of canada?
because you need to know if your shitbox wont become a civic in california getting broken into every week

depends on gen.
twingo 1 and 2 are fwd
3 is rr.

You're welcome.

oh man i love cc's
i want to get one after summer break, no matter if its the 700cc, 900cc or sporting 1.1. These little shits are so cute. Also most of them has some good rustproofing from the factory so finding a decent one wont be issue
muh dick gets hard just thinking about this man

In Canada you gotta search for Pontiac firefly. More common then Geo metro

If Aston Martin Sygnet is available. It's the best possible scenario in every way. Hilarious as fuck. Affordable Aston. Probably the most reliable Aston ever. Almost as practical as Twingo. British racing green. Get yourself a supercar.

>Elegant and distinctive whilst individual and practical. The Aston Martin Cygnet was designed as a luxury solution to urban mobility.

>An extension to Aston Martin’s range of acclaimed luxury sports cars, Cygnet was produced at Aston Martin's Gaydon Headquarters from 2011 to 2013.

>Cygnet was conceived, designed and built as a true Aston Martin. Including the many synonymous design cues featured across our model range including authentic zinc side-strakes, distinctive bonnet meshes, iconic grille and the legendary badge

>Cygnet signified our exclusivity and our heritage in a unique and innovative format.

The sole purpose of that car is to lower the overall fuel economy average across the whole aston martin model range to satisfy EU fleet emissions. Also, it's literally a toyota/scion iQ with a body kit

but muh heritage and pedigree

>live in South America
>impossible to find a nice unmolested Twingo because all cheap cars inevitably fall into lower class people's hands and end riced