ITT: autistic things you do with your car

ITT: autistic things you do with your car

>whenever I enter a parking lot I push my clutch in and rev the engine twice as a way of announcing my vehicle's entry in with the others

>always park far away from everyone else so no one parks near me

>talk to my car while I wash it, pretending like we're bonding

>make machine sounds when I change gears, pretend I'm driving military equipment like a huge tank

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q0S642NtHtE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>whenever I enter a parking lot I push my clutch in and rev the engine twice as a way of announcing my vehicle's entry in with the others
I do this but just to hear my car

>always park far away from everyone else so no one parks near me
Definitely do this

>talk to my car while I wash it, pretending like we're bonding
I don't do this, but that sounds cute.

>make machine sounds when I change gears, pretend I'm driving military equipment like a huge tank
I have never tried this before

Things I do
>avoid dragging feet on rocker panels at all cost
>have a very specific order for getting in the car: open door - sit - buckle - turn key and wait for fuel pump to prime - clutch in - move to neutral - start car - let warm up - parking brake down
>keep RPMs low until engine warms up
>look back at it whenever I park, sometimes just go out into the garage to walk around it

you dumbass you didn't close the car door

I think you may be mentally unhinged.

shit

I cut people off and say to myself "nothin personal kid".

nothing autistic here, it's what you suppose to do
extra penality points for diesels in general as they need to go to operating temperature in order to not selfdestruct

>sometimes just go out into the garage to walk around it
i do this sometimes but in my drive way

>imagine I have a gauss rifle (specifically the orgasmic sounding one from halo 2) that tracks and shoots really slow cars

>try to race cars that totally outclass mine, then get my ass handed to me

>look at all the drivers I can as I pass them, this turns into a glare when I'm passing on the right

>don't look at all at drivers of corvettes, camaros, mustangs, chargers, and other boring ass boomermobiles as I pass them, they should be ignored for having poor taste

>autistic things you do with your car
I post about it here

Kek gonna start doing this when I get my 3 series

I drive in front of elementary schools when the students get out and squeal my tires for the kids. Get lots of thumbs up and encouragement from 11 year olds.

I'm 25.

after a good drive I pat the dash to let my car know it's a good machine worthy of praise

also this

>>always park far away from everyone else so no one parks near me
thats not really autistic, i do this. sadly, i havent always done this, and i have the door dings to prove it.

That's how I found my current gf

I'm pretty close to being like this guy except my car is actually nice and a girl car.

youtube.com/watch?v=q0S642NtHtE

>clutch in - move to neutral
Why.

Why do you do both on top of the engine off.

>I just dont park in crowded areas. If I need to get something in a place with a crowded parking lot, I park in the next closest parking lot, and walk
>I wash each individual panel on my car 3 times each
>Whenever I reverse, I put my right hand on the passenger seat and push my head as close as possible to the back window, and furrow my brow like doomguy while im backing up
>I chimp out on myself if I dont shift perfectly, which is retarded because i drive in boots

i keep dropping shitposts starring it

>shift really hard for no reason
>don't go over 80 because it's an underpowered stock 1.5 I4
>shove all my shit in the passenger seat, profusely apologize every time I give someone a ride
>lock my brakes several times resulting in my car eventually being totaled
>fix my totaled shitbox with junkyard parts for like $300
>drive a car that would definitely not pass a safety inspection because it was fixed by an amateur with used parts
>>try to race cars that totally outclass mine, then get my ass handed to me
Same
Also these

don't fuck your miata

This, I "raced" a GT3 a few days ago through a part of the twisties.

I flashed twice as a joke (because it's impossible to overtake for a lot of it and I saw him come up) and drove until there was a decent straight, then signaled and pulled to the right so he could pass.

He gave me a wave and in general seemed like a cool dude.

because I park it in gear

But even then you can just go back to N without using the clutch with no issue. And if you dont live in a place with actual fear of your brakes getting stuck due to the cold there is no reason at all to leave the car in gear.

>car has 130hp, on an ambitious day he can merge at speed onto the interstate with a tailwind and downhill ramp, he's not a swift lad
>engine hits power band at 2k, lean forward once I hit 2k and lean back as I shift at 2.7k~, dunno why, feels like the right thing to do
>Wash it compulsively, maybe every other week, even when I don't take it anywhere
>Went to dealer to do its first oil change at 3k miles last week, dealer started the switch from the conventional break-in to the semi synthetic, I'm considering doing the full synthetic switch at 4k because my autism isn't satisfied until I crank out another 1-2 mpg from a placebo oil change
>buy stickers from /osg/, put near a dozen on old shitbox, refuse to desecrate the sanctity of my new car but still buying probably 5 stickers a month, have a hoard now and want to apply them but simultaneously don't want to deface my car with hentai, halp
>drive very fucking aggressively for an anemic shitbox, still average 40mpg on a car that is supposed to get 31 combined
>very autistic about MPG, measure my 40 mile commute based on my MPGs for the trip, best so far is 46 MPG, today's was only 41
>Rev match downshift 5th > 4th, normal downshift 4th > 3 > 2 > 1, car doesn't like downshifting from 5>4 normally, dunno why

I've got a lot of quirks from my new car, I feel like the driver makes the car as much as the car makes the driver.

When it's parked in my garage, I leave it in neutral and with the hand brake up because it's on a level surface. I was referring to when it's in a parking lot or on an incline.

Besides, it's easier to just clutch in and move to neutral while starting the car at the same time since it requires the clutch to be in anyway...?

If its not an insane climb the parking brake will still do the job. I dont know why american manuals need the clutch in to start. If you go to southamerica or europe or asia you will never find a manual car that forces you to keep the clutch in.

>Blast eurobeat with my windows and sunroof retracted
>Speed a minimum of 15mph over
>Aggressively overtake anyone i can
>Hit turns way faster than i should

I do this unironically.

civic or corolla?

Pretty sure it's an engine immobilizer deal or something

I still put it in gear even if it's a slight incline to be safe; just in case the parking brake fails. Cars can roll on even the slightest incline and I really don't want to risk coming back and seeing my car smashed into another because the brake failed (for whatever reason)

Pure Autismo

memes. your engine needs a few seconds to get the best lubrication. the quicker you warm up the engine afterwards the better. keeping the revs low is pointless.

Do you really do this autismo?

I live in LA with all the Changs and Chengs. I've seen replica AE86.

None of them blast Eurobeat with windows down.

I don't believe you.

Thinks a cylinder head and it's valve train is instantly lubricated

I used to do this and then I totaled a car (not my fault necessarily but if I hadn't been speeding a few minutes earlier I wouldn't have been tboned) and then I got a ticket and I'm scared to go more than 10 over and I'm hyper cautious of all other cars around me.
I can't even enjoy going on drives at night or even just for fun because I'm scared that I'll get in trouble or my car will get fucked up.

If you just drive the speed limit you can still have fun, you shouldn't have anything to worry about

what car?

I like to rev at subies to see if they chimp out. I was in a gaggle of traffic with two wrxs close by so I pressed the clutch and floored it for a second then looked back at one of the drivers in my mirror. Sure enough he was looking around everywhere to see who wanted to race him with this crazed expression. It was fun.

My XJ doesn't need the clutch in and my Toyota had a neutral safety cancel.

:^)

>Drive as fast as I can to speed limit
>Coast pass speed limit
>Coast down to speed limit
>Do this from every stop and go or turning onto another street

>Drag race up highway ramp only to coast right back off

>always look back as i'm walking away
>can't remember if i locked the car or not (i always do)
>go back to see if i locked it
>look back as i'm walking away

If my car is parked far enough so it's out of range of the key I mess around with the holding key to head trick to try to figure out how it works.

>Don't look at all the Corvettes, Camaros, mustangs, chargers, and other Boomer mobiles as I pass them, they should be ignored for having poor taste.
>Thinking all Corvettes are bad looking
Kek kid
How bout you send me a pic of the Gtr nismo you busted your last nut to

I clean my car on the street when people get off work so I can say hi to them and hope they come up to me and talk about my car and how I'm fixing it up.

No one much does.

>make back-fire noises when speeding out of a corner

>turn the eurobeat to full blast when moving fast then almost muting it when I reach a stop

>pretend I'm shifting gears despite being in an automatic when daily driving

Opposite here. I wear headphones when I have to work on my car outside because boomers keep approaching me and want to hover around and talk about fixing stuff.

thats an i10 isnt it?

>prezo got triggered

Lol

I'm talking purely cosmetics what does this have to do with anything.

I do this too. Picture related.

>look back at it whenever I park, sometimes just go out into the garage to walk around it
this but
>check all the doors twice to make sure they are locked
>unlock them and then lock them again

>More HP
>Less weight

Again I am talking cosmetics as a taste in cars. You are autistic enough to think that this has to do with anything. And he metioned all Corvettes not just the new gen.