PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND GENERAL /PUBGG/

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

>Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

>FPS guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

>Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

>Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

>Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

+++News+++
>Early Access Month 1 Update (expected Thursday, April 20, 5PM KST/1AM PDT/8AM UTC)
playbattlegrounds.com/news/68.pu

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4464174/
youtube.com/watch?v=e5hm9vgh-pU
cursors.io/
youtube.com/watch?v=vOZPd4NsFMs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>lining up that ~800m shot

GAW DAMN

When will they fix the Kar98 so it you don't have to hold down the left mouse after firing to not get unscoped due to reload animation.

Should be just like how it is in RO2 or any other game with bolt action rifles.

yeah. bullet drop has never existed in a game before

how the fook do you reload a kar with your face against the rifle nigger?

I'm not sure what you mean but if you've ever shot a Kar98 in the game while scoped in, you will notice it immediately throws you out of that view because of the animation as soon as you fire. If you hold your finger down, it doesn't do it and you can see where your shot landed.

It's basically vital to sniping, especially at 300-500m distances so you can line up shots and see how you need to position. Other games handle is just fine with options like "manual bolting" and such.

If its on purpose then it needs to be removed as the same can be accomplished by holding down your finger after the shot, its just annoying as fuck to do.

Since alot of time im thinking about buying this game but i have 2 questions
Can i run it(see pic) and is it fun solo,as my friends are cheep jews thank,also is there some nice pistols :)

Anyone else tap dancing while in top5? Just curious.

it will run like fucking trash on your PC and pistols are shit

> is it fun solo
It is
> Can i run it
You have free 2 hours until refund for testing and shit, but before you launch the game use some fps tweaks.

it will probably not run, as that other guy said, use your 2 hours for demo'ing it. But use it only after that thursday patch has dropped, right now their goal is to make it run on shit computers with min spec.
pistols are garbage unfortunately, the revolver is super disappointing.

Maybe on all low you could survive, I know someone who plays on a gaming laptop but those things are usually able to run things decently.

Pistols are only viable as a sidearm and backup. Always good to have it but rarely used. It has come in handy to finish people off quickly after running out of ammo in my primary.

And yeah solo is fine but personally to me the game shines in duo/squqad(4 players). The subreddit for PUBG's discord is a great place to find 3 other people quickly who have mics instead of just throwing yourself into random matchmaking with 3 other retards in which case you will have a bad time.

Thats what made this game so addicting, knowing I can squad up with 3 most of the time like minded and decent team mates any time.

Yeah mate, your computer can totally run this game. Buy it.

Doubt you'll be able to play it.

Best I've done so far is 6th.
With no kills.
I spent a good portion of the round trying to get into the play area, and when I finally ran into someone at close range, I missed all my shots.
I'm bad at this game.

My question for this game is-- so what happens when you die?? Kinda sucks if you're the first one out

You quit straight away and can request instantly. The entire time I've played I've never had more than like 5 seconds queue.

Nobody answer my question on the previous thread: how is the optimisation ?

What the fuck do you think with an early access game? RTFT.

fair enough, thanks

Same

yeah I've gotten top 5 a few times playing stalker style but always die first confrontation with other top 5's

>see them first but gun not on AUTO mode so I die
>don't see them first so I die

can't tell if bad at game or what
>

>let everyone else kill each other
>only kill the last 2 guys that stand in my way
who else /tactical/ here?

How are you unaware of the mode your gun is on? You switch as appropriate depending on the expected engagement range and that's all there is to it.

this is the only way I make it to the top, but I haven't been able to wrap it up

the last circles just hit the deck and prone around looking around yourself in 3rd person trying to spot people
observe people for a few seconds before firing, someone else might kill them first and you just kill the last guy

>SCAR-L instead of SCAR-H, three 5.56 AR's & one 7.62 instead of two 5.56 & two 7.62
>UMP9 is babby's first SMG 9mm edition instead of .45
>Mini-Uzi instead of 9mm MP5
>No Micro Uzi instead as a rare full auto pistol choice
>Putting in a 7.62 Revolver instead of just putting in any .45 revolvo. "but muh silencer"

The gun choices in this game don't make sense to me, really. Especially the SCAR not being the H. Since it already recoils like it is.

I just forget since I literally don't fire it once all game

Honestly I got tired of that after awhile and have been hopping out into clusterfucks and driving to gunshots. I still win every so often, it's just a lot more fun.

I had my fill of "run around for 20 minutes doing nothing" after awhile

I do this a lot now, so boring just standing around and a lot more fun. Rarely make it to top5 anymore tho but top10 pretty often

Then stop forgetting, you should be switching back and forth while moving, so you should always be aware as a result of thinking "what is the appropriate setting for moving there?"

Shoot guy in torso twice with kar and he's still standing
Interesting

I mean, I've had a few games where I've got 4 kills.
Quite a few kills I've got by sneaking into a building that someone else is in, Hiding under the stairs, and hitting them with a shotgun when they come down.
Most of my kills are close range with a shotgun.
Also got a kill with a car, that was my best game by far.
Killed first guy near the start, he came into the house I was in and tried to melee me to death.
Poor bastard had 4 4x scopes and only a machete.
Then I was well out of the play area so I had to run, managed to find a car.
Loads of time so I drive up to a warehouse on the way to quick loot, run inside, up stairs, hey there's a guy BLAM BLAM, loot his corpse had two rifles and loads of ammo.
Drive off again, get to one of them mini towers, jump out, hey there's a guy going inside, run up the stairs BLAM BLAM cool he's got nothing I want.
Get back in car, drive down road, hey its a guy SPLAT good times.
I got killed later trying to find another guy in a house. I knew he was there and I knew he knew I was there, I should have just left.

IT'S A BETA

I'm convinced.

>patch notes are just excuse after excuse and blaming the community for not having patience

wow I though it'd take more than a mere month for this to begin. dead on arrival

if you want best value get arma 3
>milsim
>gta style rpg mod
>multiple dayz mods
>mutlple battle royale mod
>multiple base building/attacking mod
>ww2 mod
>alien invasion mod

But this game is a good value. It's absorbed the last week of my life. Fuck man I already got 80 hours in like a 2 weeks or less.

Although

>ww2 mod
>alien invasion mod

Sound fun. I never remember seeing anything like that though in the server browsers.

>But this game is a good value.

>gta style rpg mod

name?

Also yea, arma 3 is also pretty good in mod support, though the assets and the professional payed touch that this game has is also pretty great.

its a bit like the same with gmod, it spawned a couple stand alone games based on the best concepts sometimes.

Really, below 30 means that is also good value for this game in my opinion. Ideally you should just get both lol.

>spawned standalone games
>gmod

TTT standalone when?

not even counting the mods, the missions that some people create are fucking great

Ha, I also played that yea, but it did spawn some form of games didnt it? The (zombie survival) probably were the ones who were spawned by it all mostly. The RP servers also were pretty funny and vast, with vehicles. It may have given rise to the sandbox type of thing that we see today in h1z1. Not sure what other mods/games it could have spawned yea.

But yea I also played TTT, I also loved the whatsitname server with the zombie survival where you could barricade yourself.

Also the 4 team fort infiltration and survival (and also building) were fugging grande, where you had to capture the flag.

But it had many concepts. Perhaps not directly tied to it but the "become an object and hide among objects" mod in hl2 was also fun and some new vidya kinda incorporates that too.

gmod was really fucking neat. I feel like arma 3 is a bit too complex and needs a too big rig to run properly, and thus doesnt get this revolution of talent. Which now mostly went to gay shit like minefaggotry

the ship is kind of like that, if you squint really hard

>squad up with /pubg/ autists
>everyone splits up
>nobody wants to group up

to add to that: You know, becoming older and having played all of these games, isnt it kinda a time when "an ideas guy" (which are plenty off) actually becomes a nice argument? Having so much experience from the player perspective, and also sometimes seeing trends that were good and which you kinda predicted to be good. Doesnt that mean that some of us actually do have some sort of actual idea what might be good?

Why doesnt one of you fucks just grab the big bucks with one of our many past ideas. Maybe even re-create the spooky and weird feelings of the early puzzle hl2 deathmath mode maps. God those were fun times.

You should group up more with non cheating Veeky Forums retards lol

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4464174/

Use the fucking Reddit discord, only way to find like minded others who want to play as a team.

Sorry user, its the only way. /pubgg/ has a discord but its slow as balls.

oh how unlike every other temporal Veeky Forums community

This new patch looks good as fuck.

multiplayer is a ballpen of nothing but mines for a solo developer.

too bad it will need to be reverted with a 5gb anti-patch when it breaks the game

I want to create an insanity simulator. I remember some flash game, where one player on a certain position would trigger a script that would close doors, open paths, or algorithms of all sorts. Man that experience stayed strongly with me. It taught me the value of group cooperation. I want to have somekind of game like that that is experimental and mindfucks with groups of players. Something like a puzzle game, but for large groups. Dean hall is creating somekind of increased complexity space game with the likes of space station 13. But you know, if you played the early hl2 DM puzzle games. There is this eery feeling of entering an alien landscape. With very weird things, some that make no sense. And then being able to progress through them with a large group. Those things were really fucknig awesome.

Its a shame that I am a lazy faget though with only feelings who doesnt even really care about money. I just want there to be a game that fucks with people, that drives them mad, that is extremely non standard.

>tfw want to drop into populated areas but can't because of how inconsistent the hit registry gets

here is a good example of one of those maps

youtube.com/watch?v=e5hm9vgh-pU

It's on the test server tomorrow anyway.

>Dean hall
woah buddy. please dont pay attention to that man. for everyones sake as well as your own.

oh and this very fun game

cursors.io/

Today, I won my first duo.

We even managed to keep both of us alive!

The SCAR's purpose is to be the worst AR even with all the attachments.

oh what a soloround, #3
>drop into watertown, bring fists to a panfight
>run like a bitch on rooftops, manage to find a m16
>get the literal higher ground slaughter on unsuspecting ump-friend
>go back to rooftop, see the top of one guys head behind boxes
>both spray and pray, minimal dmg to me
>loot and nicked to med health from a lower rooftop
>dick hits the concrete faster than at a circumcision
>crawl to a frag grenade, lob it
>healing and spying, see my third victim jump down and run
>heals are done, it's hunting time
>run past storefront, thought I saw something peeking
>go back and look, firefight ensues, spray and pray
>one gentle breeze and I'd be dead, somehow barely alive
>all of this in the beginning dropzone
After that found a Dacia, went far away, raided the lagcity police department, hugged the wall with my car, end up at housing complex and top 10 looming
>circle is gonna get smaller soon, see someone leave watchtower next to me
>few potshots, some connect
>gets cover behind corner, I circle back
>Total ambush, he's prone and unaware looking the other way
>line up shot, say kind words on chat, 4th kill
AND IT ALL ENDS WHEN THIS ONE SHITTER SHOOTS ME WHEN IT'S TOP3 AND IMMEDIATELY DIES OUTSIDE PLAYZONE

10/10 fun alone and with friends

wait til that honeymoon stage is over and you'll see this shit game for what it really is lmao

>line up 600m shot
>he isn't moving so can aim for head
>clear hit
>doesn't go down because of the damage drop off

Save your fucking pesos because we don't need anymore third worlders shitting up the servers as it is.

This tbqh.

Dead

Just got some good money from the government and thinking of trying out this game.
How long does it take for it to become the same old shit, and is it worth it solo or should I only play with others?

>Just got some good money from the government and thinking of trying out this game.
Don't do it you filthy commie or I'll report you.

It was a tax return

>How long does it take for it to become the same old shit
the main dude made the arma 2 mod, arma 3 mod, worked on h1z1, and now this

basically selling the same game for the fourth time in a row and they dont improve that much with each iteration.

>from the government

nigga that was your own money you lent to the gubmint interest free and they just gave it back.

>put 3 bursts into guys face
>he kills me with the shotty
bullshit

Do I get points if my team remain but I leave because I died? Or do I have to stay till the last guy dies?

I think you still get the points.

>try SA server
>huehuehue's screaming to the mic
Never again.

>11 kills

Nice user

>Run for air drop
>Get shot at by two guys
Should you even bother with air drops if you don't have a car? Should you bother with air drops at all?

youtube.com/watch?v=vOZPd4NsFMs

What did this madman mean by this?

Watching sacriel is truly a journey of amusement, I won't deny he is a good player but it seems he'll only play squads as he gets carried constantly.

>play squad
>drop down at the edge of the town others drop down
>looting house
>they all die

>AND IT ALL ENDS WHEN THIS ONE SHITTER SHOOTS ME WHEN IT'S TOP3 AND IMMEDIATELY DIES OUTSIDE PLAYZONE

this is how i won my first game, i got into the top 10 with 1 kill, i killed 6 of the other 9 and then when i hit the top 3 the other guy killed somebody and immediately died in the blue

i had no fucking clue what was going on

what? there is no alien invasion mod out, some in dev but none out

Does talking in duo or squad transmit proximity voice? Or is it just to your team mates? Seems like pre groups on discord would have an advantage if it does

>run for airdrop
>wait out of sight for others to come
>kill everyone who approaches
>you now have the air drop AND their loot

That's how I would play it

IIRC it can either transmit both in prox. and in squad, or only in your squad.
Check the audio settings, you can switch between the two.

>top 10
>hiding top floor of building
>guy enters building
>light him up
>every shot misses because you apparently cant shoot through the gaps on railings

Anyone who queues for duo or squad without a mic should be permabanned.

Thanks!

so I've had this game for a few days now and have been in a few encounters and I'm beginning to wonder what the fuck is going on; every time I die in combat with someone I am lagging the fuck out and rubberbanding all over or they are and none of my shots get registered and when I do die all their shots just stack out of nowhere.

is this horrible servers/matchmaking/netcode or is it just me?

Yes, the game is laggy as fuck like you're playing on some DPRK ghetto servers.

That's how the game is for everyone, but there's still some autists that are in love with it for whatever reason

You're playing 2+ seconds in the past permanently

The loot boxes clustered together would warn off the most dangerous threats to you

that's what I figure, they should focus all their time and energy on improving their network or buying/renting better servers before adding new shit and optimizing. it's pertty solid besides that bullshit

>I also want to address server lag once again. The lag you experience on the servers is not due to the hardware or size of the server, nor does it have to do with the number of players online. It is due to a networking issue with the core engine code, and it is something we are working hard to resolve, but it is not a simple issue to fix, so it will take us some time. Please bear with us and we will get it fixed as soon as we can.

They use similar language about all the game's problems, and so far they've delivered nothing for us to have faith that they can solve anything. The game was in development for a year before alpha and beta, but just now noticed a serious issue in the core code in relation to networking? Seems odd.

>decide to play for the first time in a week
>server kills itself 10 minutes in

aaand it'll be another week before I'm back

Ya this shit is dumb as hell
>Auto 7.62 into the dude
>lol 1 inch maple wood bannisters block every shot

Did shroud retire from csgo and now he just plays these fotm battle royale games?

>be doing great in solo
>get shot at from a hill
>decide to get in my car, i'll be able to drive away easily
>press f
>character doesnt get in the car
>double tap f
>still doesnt get in
>start mashing f in a a panic
>character gets in car but immediately gets out
>press f calmly, press f calmly and patiently again
>character doesnt get in the car
>press f once mor
>character suddenly launches in car, but then leaves
>die

How the fuck do you properly enter/exit a car?! Is it supposed to be an F press and the game is laggy as fuck, or are you supposed to hold F or some shit? I shouldn't have died there, but I seem to always die trying to get in a vehicle while being shot at.

It's laggy af, I usually stop for a second, and press calmly f, then wait a second and press again if nothing happens. Usually works the second time

>squad up
>loot for 15-20 minutes
>HOST CONNECTION LOST

:DDDDDD good game