Focus RS

The hype is real.

Just took this for my first fast run on some good back roads. It might not be the best or the fastest car or the second coming of Jesus, but I don't think there's many other modern cars that would be as fun on some nice twisties.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=focus rs cracked block&oq=focus rs cracked block
google.com/maps/dir/37.9240532,-79.2020669/37.7543233,-78.9869752/@37.8168312,-78.9699808,12z
youtube.com/watch?v=RfpmWCWsMtg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hope you have something else to drive, that suspension is obscene.

wheres your garage

This.

Have you just read that or have you actually driven one?
It's not nearly as bad as people have made it out to be. Except for the sport suspension mode, that is just comically punishing and I can't imagine ever turning it on except if I want a laugh. In normal mode I'd say its about the same as my GTI was.

Post your tits with that car + color combo op

It's a ford focus not some collectors car. I'm going to keep it waxed and drive the shit out of it and not worry too much about it.

fair enough that you're actually going to drive it, but maybe look into xpeeling or whatever that clear film shit is over the front bumper plastics

Have you tried driving it in awd?

Xpel.

I drove one on bad (read: pretty standard) back road and it was not to my liking. Also the fake engine noise coming through the speakers was gross.

Yeah I was thinking of getting a ceramic paint protection coating.
>I drove one on bad (read: pretty standard) back road and it was not to my liking
Fair enough. The roads around here aren't great but it doesn't bother me. Everyone has different tolerances with that though.
>Also the fake engine noise coming through the speakers was gross.
Agreed. I unplugged that shit the second I got home. Luckily its just a single plug in the trunk that takes 2 seconds to unplug or plug back in. Car sounds way better without it.

Yeah, I liked it but couldn't dd it. Might go for the ST or a GTI instead.

I want to like this car, but i just cant justify the price tag for what it's offering.

Were you the user asking if the hype was real about this car the other day? Comparing it to a Golf R?

>cars that need fake engine noises through the speakers
why do car makers do this?

>I don't think there's many other modern cars that would be as fun on some nice twisties.
>Miata
>370z (Though it's not super "modern" so i won't push this one)
>Focus ST (May not be quite as fun)
>BRZ/86
>RS3
>WRX
>Cayman
>911
>Boxster
>Clio R.S.
>M2
>Guilia Quadrofomaggerino

Just to name a few.

user, we live in a golden age of cars which are fun on nice twisty roads, it would be silly to think the RS is for some reason more fun than these.

>yuros

Your list is fine, but not all cars are created equal and you left off a lot of obvious choices.

The RS is just good.

Its a good car, the 3rd gen had a baseplate of prefamulated Amulite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzel vanes so-fitted to the ambifacient lunar wane shaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented.

>mfw driving an Abarth and the road to my house is made of speedbumps and shitty roads
The straight pipes are A+ though.

>taking a family hatchback on "twisties"

Yeah that was me. Went back for a second test drive of the RS. It was in a different town so I still didn't get to push it hard but it was a bit better. Was still 50/50 split but they offered me a great deal. After driving it on some roads I'm familiar with though I definitely made the right choice.
The golf R is the better daily driver but I think I would have gotten a bit bored of it.
I've driven a good bit of these and you're somewhat right. If you compare price, practicality, and fun levels I would put the focus RS above most of these.
>Miata
Fun to chuck into corners and good at having fun while not getting you into trouble, but it won't get your adrenaline going
>370z
No. I owned one of these and this is just wrong.
>BRZ/86
Pretty much the same as the miata.
>RS3
I really wish this came in a hatch over here. If it did it would have at least been on my list to compare to. Audi's AWD is not as fun as fords though. I've driven the TT RS and despite having a better engine its not the better car.
>WRX
No
>Cayman
This one is either just as fun or more fun. Different price range and level of practicality though.
>911
Only driven a 997 turbo but this is similar to my old CTS-V in that it is really fast and really fun but at the end of the day it leaves you feeling disconnected.

The WRX STI is very similar, check it out

>shitposting from mommy's basement with a high probability of not even owning a working vehicle.

wew

Ayyy glad you went back for a second test drive. Seems like a fun car, I think it may hold value better than the R too.

Nah it's not. I test drove one and it was behind the golf R and the focus RS in pretty much every way possible. I would bet that it would do the best in the snow or offroad but that's about it.

I agree, drove one, didn't think it was anything special. If you're looking for a family car with a side of fun it's great, if you're looking for a drivers car not so much.

Wasn't having a go at your choice user, just saying lots of other fun cars around today.

>370z
I've only driven one in the hills (not day to day) but it was a good spot of fun
>Miata
Can definitely get your adrenaline going in one of these, but it shines with tighter roads, i find it's most fun on roads where you wouldn't be able to use the power of a bigger motor (You may not have many roads like this where you live?)
>WRX
The new wrx is actually quite a lot of fun to drive hard, though it shines on looser surfaces, not canyons.

mind you, I have a rotrex miata daily and an amaroo clubman with a silvertop 4age for the weekends so i'm very much a rwd fanboy.

But heavier and slower

There are like 3 driver's cars at this point that aren't leftovers from a decade ago. Remember when hot hatches weighed less than a ton?

This isn't true. That drivers cars other than the 370z do you think are "leftovers"?

>muh tweestees xDxD
>muh b roads my dude !
>muh no cops no laws LMAO
this is what americlaps actually believe. in the land of the """"""free"""""" where you go to jail for life if you speed but not if you drive like an absolute fucktard (which is how most autotragic ameritards drive).
america is also very flat with gridlock and lots of shitty straight line roads with speed limits enforced by cops with cars way more powerful than your civic with a few simple mods.

this is why americans get so butthurt in all threads for MUH POWER MUH TORKK, even though 100hp is enough to drive on their stupid freeways and highways and what have you.
no one here actually drives or has ever driven fast in their car. FACT
no one here actually has a good car. FACT
anyone here who actually has a good car doesn't drive it fast outside of a track (if they even go to one in the first place) because they will go to jail. FACT

>inb4 some autismo posting pictures of """""muh tweeesteeeess"""" that are like 2 roads in the whole continent
>inb4 some buttblasted autotragic cuck starts ranting about his freedoms and horsepowers and shits on europoors
>inb4 mrMcFaggot
>inb4 bread on hood/busrider/etc

stay salty bois

The miata, for one. I'm not saying that old designs are bad but that most newer cars and revisions have added weight and bloat and size and electric steering to the point that you can hardly call them drivers cars. They just go fast and turn and break down sometimes.

you need to get out more

Look into the new miata platform silly. They've reduced weight in some absolutely cutting edge ways, they've produced a much more balanced (And brand new) chassis, the car retains quality hydraulic steering and is yet more safe, economical and has lower emissions. The miata is the definition of a modern drivers car built from the ground up for today's market.

Yeah look the miata is literally the worst car to use for that description, it's a brand new platform. If you're talking about "leftovers" in that the idea is old (Light 2 seat roadster with just enough 4pot power to keep it moving at speed) then i'm not really sure what you want from a car.

Are you talking about the NC or the ND?

Isn't the mx-5 the only car which has actually gotten lighter recently?

99% sure you passed me today in Minot, ND.

You're a fucking idiot the mk4 is like 280lb lighter than the mk3

Too poor to live in a better area but dumb enough to buy an RS

Here comes the life decisions judging brigade.

Nope. I'm in VA.
My city is expensive as fuck. Shitty 2 bedroom houses

>he didn't buy an STI

Sorry to break your bubble, but jap cars are shit now. It isn't like in your teenager years.

>making a house a priority over your car

wew lad

>I've driven the TT RS and despite having a better engine its not the better car.
>not the better car
What the fuck? The ford looks so cheap comparing to the TT RS
Audi has
>better engine
>better quality
>better interior
>better traction
I know its more expensive but I think that means its a better car

>spending 40k on a suped up economy car instead of getting a muscle car

The fuck is wrong with you. You should've gotten an SS. Hell even a v6 1le blows the doors off of this on a twisty and is less. You could've gotten an GT premium.

Are you the tard from yesterday who traded his cts-v for a focus?

Sorry, better car was a bad way to word it. The TT is the "better" car but the RS is way more fun and engaging to drive. Depends on where your priorities lie for which one you think is better.
>better engine
>better quality
>better interior
>better traction
I agree with you on all those points (except traction that is debatable. TT wins in bad weather RS wins when pushing the car on dry roads). Doesn't make it more fun to drive.

>overpaid for a focus
Nigga you could buy MUCH better cars for the twisties than that overpriced shit bucket.

You fell for the advertising. You're no better than the vaping subuBROOOOOS

google.com/search?q=focus rs cracked block&oq=focus rs cracked block

Yep. My CTS was a great car and I'm gonna miss it but I definitely don't regret it. I like to switch things up pretty often.
>I haven't driven one but I'm gonna talk shit like I have
Know about all the issues. I don't plan on owning it outside of warranty. Don't care.

I consider myself an audi apologist but I wouldn't even consider the TT. A $70k beetle with a bodykit and a good engine is not worth it

>if you don't like my car
>it can ONLY be because you haven't driven one

I'm a Ford salesman you dumb fuck, I drove the shit out of them before you could even buy them.

They're overpriced shitbuckets riddled with issues. don't cry and make shit up just because you made a dumbass choice

look at this manchild having a meltdown!

The Ford has the smaller engine, poorer materials and overall quality and it still menages to be quite a bit heavier than the TT RS.
You pay for what you get.

Eh, that's a little harsh. If anything it's a golf R with a bodykit, more interesting interior, and a better engine. Which isn't bad at all.
Everyone can have their own opinion. If you actually have driven a focus RS then I'd be curious what you didn't like about it.
Pretty much anyone that has driven a decent amount of good cars has said that the RS is extremely fun and 100% worth it despite any issues it has. After driving it hard I definitely agree.

Because the FocusRS is a marketing gimmick.

They didn't care about the car AT ALL. It wasn't litrally just to try and steal the douche bro market away from subies. That's why Ken Block was 'involved' and sold the shit out of it. That's why it has a fucking retarded 'drift mode'. That's why it came in obnoxious neon blue.

Everyone who was buying a Ford and can actually drive chose a GT Premium. The RS is just yuppie bait for idiots who don't even pay rent yet so a high note and colossal depreciation isn't shit

>what you didn't like
Ok, edgyness aside, it just wasn't worth the money for me.

I had a shitload more fun in a GT Premium for a new car, and I've had more fun than both of those in pre-owned lightly modded cars.

It's too small inside (and I'm only 6'2) the handling was 'ok' but not at all what it should be for a small wheel base sports car, it looks like absolute shit, everything about it screamed midlife crisis for a balding mortgage broker...

It's just not a 'drivers car', it's a car for people who want to show off but don't really know what their doing.

Looks were a huge part of it, I love a hot hatch, and it just looked like shit. You can't make a focus look sporty without it trying too hard. It should have been understated, but they went OTT.

If you enjoy it, go you, but I just couldn't ever bring myself to buy one. The cars it's trying to compete with run rings around it, and they don't need a retarded drift mode to do it.

Forgot to add, for what it's worth I don't like your old Caddy that much either. But the raw power they throw out and how they deliver it never failed to put a smile on my face...

So I wouldn't have either, but given the choice, I'd take the caddy

(But again, at the end of the day, if it makes you happy and you can't walk away without turning around to admire it, who gives a fuck what I think?)

>Keeps saying a mustang is a good choice
>Opinion invalidated

>essay post explaining everything I don't like
>finds an easy to pick at part
>only addresses that part

Thanks for confirming everything else I said is right, and you know it.

Enjoy your midlife crisis mobile user. I tried to be nice. But fuck you and your problem infested depreciating FORD FOCUS :)

>Quadrofomaggerino

Where in VA friend

imagine being this autistic

>I had a shitload more fun in a GT Premium for a new car
Huh. Different tastes I guess. The Mustang seems like it should be good on paper but when I drove it it just didn't do anything for me. If I want a tire roasting v8 coupe I feel like there are more interesting choices with more personality. Space I guess is fair considering its a hatchback, but the mustang had a lot less driver space iirc.
>It's just not a 'drivers car', it's a car for people who want to show off but don't really know what their doing.
Eh, debatable. Drift mode is a dumb gimmick but the AWD system really gives it a unique feel when you push it really hard. Usually I am all about high HP RWD but the rear bias gives it a lot more personality than most AWD cars have.
>Looks were a huge part of it, I love a hot hatch, and it just looked like shit
Different strokes and all I guess. Imo its the best looking hatchback and the paint color is amazing. Before I had to cut down to a single car I was looking at picking up a used 911 Carrera S in Miami blue in a year or two and this is nearly as good looking in person as that paint job.
Not me but man your replies make you seem like a child.

Charlottesville.

Wtf I live in cwcville too

Where do you go driving at?

Around Free Union is pretty based

Good counter points. We just like different shit o guess.

>childlike reply
I thought he was you, which was annoying given a short response to the exact post you asked for. Ignore n move on

It's a little far but 56 is my favorite road if you really want to push a car and get a feel for its handling. Lots of tight corners and elevation changes. You also get a huge straight at the end that I've almost hit 200 on. It's what I did today to get a good feel for the car.
google.com/maps/dir/37.9240532,-79.2020669/37.7543233,-78.9869752/@37.8168312,-78.9699808,12z
Lots of good roads around here though it's a shame the laws in VA are so awful. At least there aren't many cops as long as you stay off 250 and 64 and the other main highways.

Ya that road is far, I did it once and loved it. Had no one in front of me.

Check the side roads need Free Union, use Buck Mountain Road and branch from there.

No cops and light traffic. Much closer to access

>All this projecting from a guy that's recommending and probably owns a Mustang

wew lad

Have you ever seen Chris-chan?

I've only spotted him once while driving behind his sonichu plate.

Stalked him to the dairy Queen he stopped at but then he kept going. He used drive through

holy shit someone actually used my shitty pasta bait
what a time to be alive

What's the best AWD car under like 25-30k?

Nothing new in that price range really.

I thought it was a tube connected to the intake

It is

Is the Forester XT even a thing anymore?

If you have to have the AWD meme your option is WRX.

It is.

Nope. That's the V8 Mustangs. With the ecoboost mustang and focus RS its all speaker generated.
youtube.com/watch?v=RfpmWCWsMtg
It sounds really awful but luckily it takes

It's too expensive for what it is, but I do like the color.

Also, this

it's a fun car..where are you getting more fun for

The ST twins are also fun cars and aren't 40k and a "fair market price adjustment" to further extort you.

And then there's the used market...
And mustangs
And cameros.

Honda Civic