>avoids battle

lmao

>believes if he dies in battle he will go to Valhalla

lmao

well, that's Vikings for you .... retarded

best religion desu~

Best mythology, As a religion it's just as shitty as any other form of paganism

>Isnt afraid of death
>Die shooting up gay clubs and rock concerts instead of trying to harm the politicians who bomb the middle east

>Best mythology
xD, pleb.

>stab a defenseless old man in the back while he prays
>before I can escape, his brother catches me, tears open my stomach, and ties me to a tree with my own intestines
Does that count as dying in battle?

>the north face

>best mythology

maybe if you're 13 years old

It's a pretty cool mythology when compared to Indian religion. There are a lot of parallels between the hindu religion and the norse religion. Almost enough to imply that The Kingdom of Sumeria had a significant effect on both

> Almost enough to imply that The Kingdom of Sumeria had a significant effect on both
Do you even Indo-Europeans?

>Valhalla
>allahlaV
>allah laV
>laV allah
>love allah

>implying going to Valhalla was seen as desirable

It wasn't, stop taking that history channel show seriously.

It kind of was. It was the highest honor a pagan could hope for, albeit not the most "desirable" in absolute terms (that would be chilling with Freya in her halls)

No, valhalla was a representation of the war grave, the collective dead who were unfortunate enough to have died away from their families. The ideal death for a Germanic pagan was with ones family, as they believed that's what formed luck for their family and how they could watch over them. The family mound was the ideal.

It's just the fucking Greek pantheon with less fanfic

Snowniggers confirmed as sandniggers

>believes if they die in battle they'll be awaited in valhalla

Looking at the Germanic gods through the lense of Hellenism or Abrahamic religions is a terrible idea. It was the opposite of Hellenism is a plethora of ways.

>It was the opposite of Hellenism is a plethora of ways
How so?

That's when you know you're dealing with a bully and not a martyr.

No, all the IE religions have striking similarities. The danger is in drawing conclusions based on coincidental similarities, or on superficial similarities.

Explain how. In my limited kmlowledge they look like just another IE religion to me, and overall a very generic or unoriginal one save for having replaced the sky/thunder father with Odin.

Not that user but can Hellenistic gods die? I know that Germanic gods die but I'm not sure about the others

The pantheon and practice in Hellenism was much more of a gods first, relatively uniform practice that placed more importance on the Gods than the nymphs/dryads/nature beings or one's own familial house cult, which correct me if I'm wrong but was really more of a Roman thing. To the Germanic cultures, this was backwards, with the primary worship being ancestors, followed by the landvaettir or nature spirits of the area, and lastly the gods.

The gods were viewed as interacting with the tribe, not so much the individual. Communities would approach the gods in a group, ritual being lead by a chieftain, elder, or king, to beseech and begin a gift cycle through votive offerings or sacrifice. Compare this to the Greeks, who did that yet also had many personal interactions between gods and man (half gods walking around, Zeus banging everyone, people being noticed and cursed for some particular trait/action) and much less focus on the house cult or nature spirits.

In Germanic mythology, people saw themselves as beneath the notice of the gods, whereas the Hellenists saw the divine as more involved with world.