My friend and I are getting into drifting and both want cheap shitboxes

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/6167064249.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Miata

3k civic in reverse

mustang

3k miata

Not sure if op means real drifting or sliding around in carparks. Miata doesn't have the wheelbase to torque to be competitive at amateur levels really.

foxbody or z car

Probably an e36 if you can't afford an s chassis where you are from.

its not that expensive or time consuming to turbo a miata, especially with ebay parts (Which have gotten much better over the padt few years)

SN95

You better go home before you go to jail.

>Z car
>Under $4k
Maybe if you want it to break in half mid-slide.

Your best bet is to get a non-running car that has an easy to fix engine problem or a 15-ish year old German shitbox like a 3-series because they're surprisingly cheap. Both E36s and E46s are fairly easy to work on so long as you're not replacing a starter.
Another option would be 1/4-ton trucks. They're stupid cheap, easy to find parts for, easy to work on, very easy to slide, and made for abuse.

seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/6167064249.html
hope you live in seatac

>MUST SELL IN 12 HOURS
>posted 19 days ago
You'd think if he's had the ad up for 3 weeks he'd have a weekend or two to finish sticking the carb on and throw in a thermostat.

kek

Kek, mustangs are only good for crashing into guardrails and people at cars and coffee

lol cant turn pigfat mass murder at the coffee

325i E36.

drifting isnt really a cheap shitbox type of thing unless you plan on doing it on the street in the wet or in a parking lot.
ive been to multiple grassroots drift events

have seen a few mustangs try to drift.

a lot of these dudes are similar to you and think just because they have the power to get sideways, itll be easy to drift, lol I wish i got video of them

there were only 2 dudes that were able to actually drift and not spin out the entire time and they had serious work done to their car. $$$$

a stock mustang is going to be the absolute worst.

SC400 or an SC300 if you can find one for cheap, but i highly doubt you can in decent shape.

3k miata, 1k on mods, save money, more mods

When modified a miata is a good beginners drift car
There's even a 13b swapped miata in D1GP

Unironically this. The fox platform has Ackerman that actually helps it drift.

>240sx
There will probably be a lot of incomplete projects and cars with minor damage that could be good deals

This.

Drifting on the wet is cheap since you can drift pretty everything, including low power cars (90-100hp) with an open diff. The amount of stress put on the body and drive trains is also reduced and your tires won't use as quickly as it would on the dry. Just google some videos of a stock low hp car (e.g. E30 316i) to see how it performs under dry and wet conditions.

>drifting isnt really a cheap shitbox type of thing unless you plan on doing it on the street in the wet or in a parking lot.
Not really. But, different countries.

diesel benz

this

cheap for you and cheap for some dumb teen is different. cmon dude.

Also you were in fucking japan for christ sake.

Cheap is cheap. The car was $2700 and the tires were $35/piece. And that's why I said
>but, different countries.

Doesn't make his statement more true. Drifting can be a cheap shitbox thing.

>cheap car
>cheap skinny tires aired up
>go do skids

r32 gtst

>US
Some shitbox Foxbody Mustang
Maybe some semi ruined 240sx
>EU
E36 and E34 BMWs.

No idea bout japland, probably 200sx's are dime a dozen there

No such thing as a 200sx in Japan.

S14 Silvia's are the cheap drift cars here. Half the price of S13 and S15 Silvias. 180SX's are expensive.

Best cheap drift car available is the 350z. Relatively reliable and they can be had for around 6 grand with a 6mt in decent condition. Makes like 240whp stock which is more than enough power to sling 3200lbs around. They come factory with a pretty decent LSD so you don't have to worry about welding the differential or anything. Literally all they need to be decent is some nice coilovers and a functioning e-brake (maybe some angle mods after you get the hang of it).

You get a s13 for 3500 bucks and throw some coils on it and it's still going to be a slow POS. Don't listen to the tards here who say you need to have 0 hp to learn to drift. The Z has the perfect amount of power. Enough to spin the wheels and link bigger tracks but not enough that it's a crutch and you develop bad habits.

ITT: clueless

get a nissan hardbody, install some hard sspings and remove the bed

now you have skidz for days

>says the most supreme busrider on the board

read this

but there are no buses in my town???

Sc400's only came automatic.