/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

NEVER EVER edition.

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Bullet Soul
store.steampowered.com/app/544580/

Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/

Zangeki Warp
store.steampowered.com/app/564040/

Caladrius Blaze
store.steampowered.com/app/386770/

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

Blue Revolver
store.steampowered.com/app/439490/

Danmaku Unlimited 3
store.steampowered.com/app/450950/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3-XPfVkf3LI&index=10&list=PL8B6644AA0ACFACBF
youtube.com/watch?v=2e7kdoEt2xg
mega.nz/#!ThBHGIgA!P_nsxYNq4ZwIt81-S_sqGe3ezlnWNmrC-kQokjA8hRs
dropbox.com/s/zuqpeq43027sukr/RJ157191.rar?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=-TjOs-uYqOE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is Danmaku Unlimited 3 worth buying?

>/shmupg/ struggling to survive most of the time
>end of the thread
>makes it to 800+ replies all of the sudden

Well how about that.

Compatibility mode? Yeah, none of the settings there made any difference, I don't think. After a while I just kinda gave up and stopped thinking about it.

I dunno, but now that you mention it I can kind of see it. There's a cat in the background...

If you enjoyed 2, yes. It's a harder game overall, though.

>I just kinda gave up and stopped thinking about it.
ds2 isn't worth it anyway.

>
>generic j-rock animu ost
Color me suprised.

> I prefer something more laid back for level themes
That's because you are a shit player who can't take the pressure. The musician of CCWI is actually also a good player, that's why he really knows his shit. The people cave hires are just generic artists who also could work in the anime industry instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=3-XPfVkf3LI&index=10&list=PL8B6644AA0ACFACBF
This shit is stg pure. It has very stg related tunes. Not just generic jazz or j-rock. It has tunes you also find in Gradius for example. It's stg ost on a whole different level. It's there to pump you up, how it should be.

The power of autistic offtopic arguments

>shitting on Manabu Namiki

Because you fucking hipsters and waifufags always end up screaming CCWI IS SHIT IKARUGA IS SHIT!!!!

>those terrible sounding hi hats
>meandering organs
>random hits that came with the daw

Truly a masterpiece rofl

>autistic
I swear to god if i have to see this stupid fucking buzzword misused again i'l shit a biscuit.

>That's because you are a shit player who can't take the pressure.
do you scream this in the ears of the children you molest?

God, I love both games, you're the one ruining them here with your damn autism.

taking bets on kraut being a manlet.

Film it ya autist

I am just simply replying to people shitting on them you fucktard.
If you dont want to praise them, then simply stop shitting on them 24/7 becvaise you are such fuicking hipsters and tatseless waifufags here

I am 190 tall and was one of the best basketball player son my school. I could beat the living shit out of you fucking waifufag

I always imagine him as a lanky, oafish fag who lives with his grandma

>I could beat the living shit out of you fucking waifufag
nothing spells "hardman" like wanking to kids and never leaving the house.

>oafish fag who lives with his grandma
explains where he got those nappy change skills.

>2017
>still complaining about pedos using the same old retarded stereotypes
Back to red.dit

>complains about stereotype
>still literally the stereotype

up the shitter, gary glitter.

Problem with /shmupg/ arguments is that there's always someone making bold claims that border on bait, like god himself came down from heavens and whispered this truth into his ear, and everyone who doesn't agree in a slightest is automatically wrong, retarded and also is a hipster

honest question when did you first know you were a pedo?

You do not even know me, so stfu.

When I discovered the internet.

so to summarize then, the problem with shmupg is kraut.

He's the DNA of /shmupg/ at this point

Problem with shmupg is that its full of trolls, hipsters and people with shittastes.

No, i am just a person who stands out here, because I am not as retarded as the vast majority here.

>because I am not as retarded as the vast majority here.

So once again the problem is everyone but you, gotcha.

best track in any shoomup
youtube.com/watch?v=2e7kdoEt2xg

Face it, I am top-tier poster. I have decent scores for western standarts, I have top-tier taste, I am the only person here who can draw Casper well, and I even work on an own game with fucking Homing lasers. If that's not top-tier then IDK

>because I am not as retarded as the vast majority here.

>Is Danmaku Unlimited 3 worth buying?
it's good but the bosses are fucking hard

Why is that that so unimaginable for you? Only generic dumbfucks cant understand this. If you are highly intelligent, you will never fit in. You will always stick out from the crowd

Reading some click bait list on intelligent traits and mimicking them doesn't make you intelligent.

You don't stick out, you actively turn any crowd against you which is usually the result of being an insufferable idiotic cunt rather than being to intelligent for the world

Why am i insufferable? Because i think CCWI is objectively a great game? Well, hate to break to you, but it objectively is.

It objectively is one of the best shmups made, and most likely also will have a good ost then.

>tfw to intelligent too use 'objectively' correctly

Did you sort the laser out?

>to intelligent too
yea, very intelligent..

It's a meme you dip, a shitty meme at that but a meme nonetheless.

What do you mean exactly? I worked on them and made them better, yes, but they are still not perfect. Worked on GUI and enemy AI instead.

Making the lasers come out of the barrels is tricky though. Still not really sure how I will do this.

You wanted to make them follow the ship before they start bending, any luck?

Yea, tried stuff there, but still couldn't get it to work.
I am currently working on replacing their objects completely again, and making the textures and trails better and even adding particles, first.

Then I will try to give them a pre-fire animation I guess, but I already tried doing this, and it somehow looked like crap. I just have to look more into how to animate objects with trails, then I'm sure I will also be able to do this. Because when I made the pre-fire animation the trails somehow were completely fucked with zig zags in them.

You constantly insult people in an attempt to assert your worth on a fucking anonymous imageboard at every possible turn, which in turn derails threads into retarded arguments like this one. You constantly generalize despite the fact you have no information on who is posting here. You keep trying to pass off your opinions and preferences as facts and best possible choices. Liking someone else's work doesn't make you a better person. Even worse, when there is no problem, you try to create one. Someone posts "CCWI ost is good but it's not the best thing ever" and you fly off your handle "REEE I KNEW SHMUPG HATES CCWI BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL HIPSTERS", despite the fact that other person said that CCWI ost is good.

Preferences are just preferences and opinions are just opinions. Funnel your insecurities into scoring or game development instead of shitting on everyone, and it'll make you a better poster.

>You constantly insult people
Oh, you mean like 90% of people do it here? well tough shit.
Don't even gonna read the rest of this wall.

gute nacht

>enemy AI
>shmup
oh boy the kraut is making a shitty euroshmup

by enemy ai i just mean pathing, and shooting of course

Did adding timers mess with the bending/homing code or what?

Have you tried to normalize the ships current position to use as a baseline in the lasers' initial animation/movement?
like say base=ship.x/y/whatever
then use 'base' variable in the movement (laser bending = (base +/- animation coordinates).

This should always keep the lasers in their same relative positions around the ship regardless of where it is moving until you change them into a state without the 'base' so they can fire off without needing to remember where the ship is (making a shmup as well but I apply the logic to background horizontal movement in a v.scroller )

I didn't even add timers yet. I just made an animation of how they are supposed to come out of the barrels (making a circular movement first), but this somehow made the trails look like shit. No idea what went wrong there, but I'm sure i will be able to fix this when i come back to it tomorrow.

>I'm better than anyone else
>I do what everyone else does

Ikaruga is actually a really shit game, though

Not helping

I just tried CCWI and it's bad, certainly not as good as any ZUN release.

I just installed Touhou and it gave my computer AIDS

You shouldn't have used Sanae.

>Rime Creative Director: "Reading Neogaf made me cry for two days"
do you think the poowarumi or poo revolver devs cried for 2 days when they discovered shmupg?

What kind of dingus install Touhou to play it?

serious question, what is neogaf? if it weren't for Veeky Forums talking about it all the time i'd have never heard of it.

>Bullet Soul

cant wait to laugh at all the dumb retards who will buy that garbage

most popular libcuck videogame forum

YOU'LL SEE
THAT MY MIND IS
TOO FAST FOR EYES

What's up with the deleted posts that surface from time to time
Are people posting Deathsmiles lolicon or something?

eat less junk food fatty

it's the bird!

if you're so good at biking why didn't you win the xgames

KBR post your Caspers

There is only one good game in this image.

Gee Bill, how come your mom lets you have two DFKs?

Okuu does that and there was also this post earlier about never seeing it coming.

Please don't bring console wars here.

>t. salty pcuck mad he'll never get garegga 2016
SONY
ALWAYS
WINS

KBR, how much you have in Satazius?

most of 2hu fags couldn't move on to other stgs I feel pity for them
>but muh 11 thousand hours gameplay

11k is scrub tier. Get it up to 30-40 and I'll consider caring about your opinions.

Anyone got a Battle Traverse download?

mega.nz/#!ThBHGIgA!P_nsxYNq4ZwIt81-S_sqGe3ezlnWNmrC-kQokjA8hRs

heh you're quite the prankster

>Anyone got a Battle Traverse download?
Yes alongs you are courteous.
dropbox.com/s/zuqpeq43027sukr/RJ157191.rar?dl=0

I did that's why i am 42 pounds lighter today than then.

Did you really go through all the trouble to make a webm? pretty gay desu.

Because the xgames is a joke for flatland and competition riding in general is a very different thing revolving more around consistent routines which in practice terms steals all your time away from developing new ideas.

Thank you based baldy

youtube.com/watch?v=-TjOs-uYqOE

You mean my score? 6.4 million. Could have been better, but I was satisfied with this.

too epic, i can't handle it

i mean time

objectively

120 hours

doj is really requires learn routing, your dot dodging skill not help much here

For scoring it requires lots of routing, but for survival it's rather just about precise dodging

Maybe for a shitty 1-ALL

For a shitty 2-all dodging is most likely also very important.
You guys here already said yourself that cave games are designed in a way where people could theoretically clear them blind.
Because they are very much about just reflexes and precise dodging, rather than memorizing routes (at least for survival).

cave is the best, baby

I sure as hell didn't say that and the people that did say that sure as hell never tried to go for a 2-ALL.

>never tried to go for a 2-ALL
Neither did you, so what is even your point?
I was talking about a 1-all of course when I said this, since I didnt even try to 2-all the game. But anyway... i don't care how a 2-all is in this game, since I don't play caveshit.

meh, they are ok, but overrated

Games like Cyvern for example are pretty much just as good as a cave game, but you never hear anyone talking about Kaneko.

The only thing which makes cave special, is just the amount of games they have created. They just got lucky and could survive longer than others.

>They just got lucky
It's not about luck, it's about consistently making good games that sell well.

>it's about consistently making good games
And pandering animefans

Nothing bad with this as long as the game's style is consistent.