Why was Scotland the only celtic place in Britain to have its shit together?

Why was Scotland the only celtic place in Britain to have its shit together?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i2q0T7QXETs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Scotland was historically domianted by Lowlanders who are Anglos rather than Celts.

Natural borders. Wales got fucked hard because the border between the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms and proto-Wales is just an arbitrary line in a field. Scotland has an actual defensible chokepoint.

>scotland
>the country that went bankrupt and signed away its own freedom
>having its shit together
Top kek.

Capitalists sold Scotland's independence for $$$

Adam Smith WAS Scottish...

>Scotland
>Doesn't have the balls to leave perfidious Albion
>Shit together
wew

Slightly off topic, but it's funny how the people of the British isles are like the peoples of Spain. The English are like the Castillans, the Scots are like the Catalans, the Irish are like the Basques and the Welsh are like the Galicians.

>joining the union
>selling it's freedom
triggered desu

Considering the other celtic countries had all been conquered by that point willingly joining a union and taking over 1/4 the globe is bretty gud.

Got it backwards, lad.

Navarrese

Scots are Anglos, not Scottish
Lowlanders are referred to as Sassenach sometimes for a reason

Maybe because they weren't conquered and buttfucked by the Romans.

Lowland Scots

the land was more productive, they could field more troops

>Scots aren't Scottish

Dumbest post ever.

The Lowlanders only lived in Lothian. Scots became Anglicized when the Lowlanders became the political elite. They didn't all suddenly become Germanic overnight.

What, are they supposed to find a way to kick off a new tectonic rift? Albion is a name for the island you retard. /int/posters are retarded at the best of times but that is some next level shit.

>Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland!

youtube.com/watch?v=i2q0T7QXETs

Scotland isn't Celtic, the only Celtic place left in the UK is Wales, especially the north

It was never conquered militarily and forcibly colonised.

Sassenach historically refers to a native English speaker, not to the Anglo-Saxons themselves.

Don't blame me. It's the phrase that's been used for at least a century to describe Anglos.

>Don't blame me, I'm just an idiot parroting memes