Is anyone here in a circle of peers who feel that at a certain age or point in your career that you "should" be driving...

Is anyone here in a circle of peers who feel that at a certain age or point in your career that you "should" be driving certain cars.... ie. Euro brand cars

I'm starting to see it amongst my friends now that we are getting older and I am especially seeing it within my family.

I've always liked my sensible Japanese shitboxes and always told myself that my "responsible adult" car was going to be a Honda Fit.

My mother has started commenting on how nice Mercedes and BMW's are and that sort of stuff. And asking me when I'm ever going to get one. All this because I noticed my aunty (her sister) likes to post stuff on Facebook about her kids achievements (my cousin's) and how over the past couple of years they have been buying euro cars since they have graduated college.

Now me and my cousin's were never really into the whole keeping up with the Jones's thing that our parents generation were into. Like it's never them bragging about their car. It's more my aunties and uncles and my parents who brag about the cars their kids bought.

Anyone have anything similar dynamics or is this just an Asian thing?

driving a German car usually corelates with life achievements, there is a reason why so many people are working their asses off just to be able to lease a brand new 3 series

Wouldn't worry about it.

Women, including your mother, are vapid badgewhores who will spread their legs for any faggot in a C-Class with fake AMG emblems from eBay.

Don't give in to the meme.

>My mother has started commenting on how nice Mercedes and BMW's are and that sort of stuff. And asking me when I'm ever going to get one.

>getting influenced by your mother
>getting influenced by your mother in your adulthood
>getting influenced by your mother ever

Faggots and try-hard normies drive middle class euro sedans. Every time I see one I immediately know it's some office working 9 to 5 failure of a human being with two kids and a boring wife.

What this guy said too.
Don't be that guy who buys a $30k merc with $10k in optional AMG trim just to try and come off like you're somebody in life, instead buy what you like and want to drive.

I drive what I like, fuck what they think.

Yeah I guess so everyone around me is going through the euro car meme because like what others are saying here.

>Muh 9-5 office job, gotta look the part bruh.

You can tell they are trying to pressure me to joining them or low key trying to make me jealous but I'm really just not into euro cars. Like if I were to get a more conservative car I'd probably just get a camry or an accord or something

I'll stick to my vape mobile which has been my dream car since I was a teen.

Maybe I'm just lucky cos work pays for the taxi/uber if I need to go out to see someone.

Never had that. If anything, my parents would prefer me to spend less money on my car. They know I like cars so they don't mind me spending some spare cash on my hobby but if I announced to them I had just dropped 50k on a new merc they wouldn't be pleased and rightly so.
t. Asian

I'm 30 now and I've always been of the one mind - that the car is entertaining to drive.

My tolerance for NVH has decreased since I started driving, so anything I drive these days isn't going to be slammed on stiff springs etc. Other than that, I'd still buy any marquee provided they were reliable, had decent power and were fun to drive.

All this "Euro is better" is a meme. You don't need to drive a status symbol to have fun.

A lot of my friends, even the high income earners, think "cheaper is better", and that's probably because I live in Sydney and a car is just another roadblock to buying a house here now.

I can only think of one exception - he drives a 2nd gen Elise, and a S2000 before that. It's never been about the status symbol with him, just because he's always loved cars.

Don't fall for the status meme.

I don't know. Maybe it's just us but no one in our family likes the idea of even buying used cars.

I think it's only me who has ever done it.

Everyone has this mentality of 'gotta trade the car in every 5 years before it depreciates too much and before repairs cost too much'

Which I never understood because how is constantly having a car payment supposed to be more financially reasonable than just paying for that major service that's coming up.

>getting influenced by your mother
how can you not get influenced by your mother, retard.

Lol didn't say I was thinking of getting one just because my mom's is saying something about it.

My mom's funny though. She is the type who wants to keep up with the Jones's especially if it's stuff her siblings do.

And when we accuse her of being envious she denies it lmao.

I don't get why she wants things or wants to do things if my aunts and uncles start doing it.

Like if my siblings had a new toy or go travelling or whatever I've never felt jealous of them or feel I needed to do it too

I'm looking to buy a used Mercedes only because I need a quiet and comfortable ride.
My VW induces resonance frequencies at 2000 and 4000 RPM which causes my cell phone cradle to vibrate slightly, and it pisses me off. Also its manual transmission is not perfectly smooth.
I started to notice these minute imperfections ever since I took LSD. It lowered my tolerance for noise permanently. The perfect car is inaudible but I can't afford a Tesla yet. So a used Mercedes is my next best hope for a comfortable ride.

>tfw you drive a status symbol badge car and everyone thinks you're a try hard

I just liked how it looked :(

>tfw my relatives make fun of me behind my back and make snarky low-key comments because I drive an E30 and they think I'm trying hard to look rich in one or something and how they'd probably need a tetanus shot if they ever rode with me.

I just like it :(

what car do you drive

I have an entry level cadillac and get too much attention from vapid whores compared to when I had a 3 series. I think they believe an euro luxury car is too affordable because suzie has one.

This is why I don't want a Benz or BMW, 80K or some mikky d's workers 2k c class, its all the same badge. Go for lotus or porsche, bentley or maserati, even if used

>aunty
gook detected

>tfw too intelligent for euroshit

From a financial perspective, the way your family treats cars is pants on head retarded. Perpetually having a car payment is a great way to piss money away. And that's not even touching the idea of only buying new; going for a 1-3 year old car is so much cheaper while basically getting the same car.

>caring this much about what other people think
JUST

People that see cars as appliances and status symbols will never understand people that enjoy cars.

w2c a 1989 318 but im afraid that this will happen.
On the other end, fuck what they think

>caring about the badge
>caring what other people think

I just want something that gets me from point A to point B desu

I don't care for sporty drive dynamics