lmgtfy.com/?q=japan police vfr800
google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4099693
youtube.com/watch?v=20Wx4YrZ55I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

God
Bike

pigfat

tfw no moto van gf

anyone here bought Spidi before? Do they make good stuff?

Post commuting tendies

Are 70's-80's CB750s good bikes? Really like the looks of them and I think I might buy one if I ever sell my DRZ.

They are good as far as old bikes go, lots of them still around so parts are not too awful to find. Get one now and never sell it; the price is skyrocking on them.

Anybody do the whoolies? I had some lady in a car freeeaaaak out at me at the lights because I did a whoolie in front of her. Threatened to phone cops, pulled the "MY KIDS ARE IN MY CAR, YOU ARE ENDANGERING THE CHILLRUN," whole 9 yards - and it was on a nearly empty 6 lane road in an industrial area on a weekend and I was a good distance in front of her. Why don't people like other people having fun?

do you know how to maintain carburetors? Are you willing to deal with suspension and brakes that were designed nearly 50 years ago?

Fuck leather... I've got a closet full of fucking motorcycle leather that i wont touch. Too heavy, hot, and don't crash or hold up any better than synthetics. Yuck.

Spidi is decent quality stuff though, I've had some of their boots and gloves.

Do you live in Australia or something?

I'm looking to get an everyday jacket I can just throw on and commute with. I've got a cold weather touring jacket and mesh already, so this will be an in between.

Show off. Post vid of your cornering.

What maintenance should be done to a cbr 1000 after 20k miles of rather hard riding ?

It's not that she was offended by that wheelie, but in her mind she imagines you doing wheelies at inappropriate times. It's because she doesn't know you, shes assuming you are reckless for that one display. If you just explain that you only did a wheelie then because it was clear she would probably understand.

Oil, oil filter, air filter, sparkplugs, valve check

Im a newb but from what I gathered, check all liquid levels like brake, gear, chain etc.

Replenish engine oil. and change all filters (air and engine)

check brake pads.

If you wanna be extra then check / replace the seals and spark plug AND wheel bearings (by spinning the wheel and feeling for resistance)

what about suspension ? It's had a leaky fork seal for a while now.

How do you check valves

That's not maintenance, that's fixing broken shit.

>pull off valve cover
>measure valve clearance according to workshop manual
>set valves if necessary
>put valve cover back on

This sounds very fidgety and measurey :(

yes, but not around other cars.

check the maintenance schedule. You should have already changed the oil a couple times by now and should probably check the air filter and valve clearances within the next 10k miles.

then change the fucking fork seals you retard. That's not on a time based schedule. replace those as needed.

Feeling for resistance when spinning the wheels doesn't give you that good of an idea about the wheel bearings. You need to try to wobble the wheel, feeling for play. You should get the wheel off the ground for a good check but some are bad enough to feel it wobbling on the axle even with the bike on its wheels.

We all know you hold a ruler up to your dick daily, you'll be able to handle looking at the small numbers.

Anyone ever ride/own a 690Duke? Looking into that vs FZ07 for next biaku. Thoughts?

Wanted one ever since I saw Royal J ride it. The fucking handlebars and dash are so sexy. Small and easy to handle.

How long is too long to let a leaky fork seal leak ?

*Post front tire tendies

Im gonna tell you young whipper snappers about the first time i fucked up a lane splitting fag.
>driving truck on highway
>minding my own beeswax
>obeying the rules of the road like always
>see some fucking asshole biker coming up behind me in a hurry
>hes going to pass i know it
>let off the accelerator so he can do his thing
>no cars oncoming, plenty opportunity to pass
>see him start flipping his shit behind me, revving bike, middle finger, all that jazz
>keep my cool, i am doing the speed limit after all
>now this RETARD goes to pass me on the outside
>as he is making his move i notice him bringing up his leg to kick, sure enough he kicks my mirror off
>nah niqqa you fucked up
>about the same time my mirror got the boot i swerved into him and fucked his shit UP
>i look in the mirror and see his bike disintegrate and him flopping around on the road
>been 2 months since that happened
>no rcmp tapping on my door yet
>no regratz

fucking lol

Cont.
I dont know what happened to the biker after that but i sure hope that incident took him down a peg or two. Fuck bikers, you are the niggers of the road

Spidi does make good stuff. If its comfy and you like the style, go for it. Never had any of it disintegrate or fall apart at the seams.

I ride and I would have done the same. I hate everyone.

ha truckfag is butthurt at bikes

I have this version of it. Mine is faster than an FZ07. It's a great platform. You definitely want a 2016+ Duke, the engine revisions they did for that year are excellent for the street.

I used to be a city-cyclist so I know to respect larger vehicles.

I'd be happy with just being noticed by a trucker, and even more so if he made it easier for me to pass.

You came across a squid probably.

what do normies think when they see a 125 without the L plates? Do I look like a biker?

A1 kiddie
Don't care, just overtake 'em.

>truckfag's wet dream: the post
We all believe you

Are you mad?

Do japanese police really use the VFR 800?

>as he is making his move i notice him bringing up his leg to kick, sure enough he kicks my mirror off
how small is your truck? I couldn't kick the mirrors off an econo-shitbox if I wanted to.

did he put one leg over the bars, stand on the seat or was it more like the guy on the right?

Ayy lmao faggots.

So the deal is that I'm looking for my first bike.
Bikes that woke my interest were

>Z750
>R6R
>Triple Speed

Budget is 5000€

After 2 years ridding a bike, today I discovered countersteering

never felt so dumb, it's so intuitive I can't understand how I'd never noticed it

its made up duh.

Even the dumbest squid wouldnt hesitate to just pass a truck going at speed limit why the fuck wouldnt he?

it takes about 0.234 seconds.

lmgtfy.com/?q=japan police vfr800

Nice try rcmp

>Z750
>striple
>5000€

your budget is to high for the first and to low for the other.

I think I want to buy a 2017 MT/FZ-09. It seems like all I'd really need to do to is replace the shock with a proper unit to make the thing carve how I'd want it to.

Obtain factory service manual and do as instructed. Honda manuals are usually very well done.

>don't crash or hold up any better than synthetics
hahahahahahaha

Eventually your forks will dive too easily but it doesn't damage anything.

It's not so intuitive, you'd either discover by accident or discover it if you spend long hard minutes pondering the physics of motorcycle steering.

Besides it doesn't work well at high speeds. Just lean before your turn and you wont need to counter steer.

am I wrong in saying this?

I'm going to respond to your bait for everyone else's sake:

You can't turn a bike without counter-steering lol. That's just how it works. It works the same at all speeds, but you need to apply more bar pressure. You lean the bike by counter-steering

Yes
Watch TotW before you kill yourself

google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4099693
Rly

** You don't counter-steer at really low speeds.

No, you shift you weight which negates any counter steer as you turn your bars.

who is TotW ?

you do it at all speeds or your bike would fall over

Where did everybody ride today?

How did you manage to park your bike on a wall user?

youtube.com/watch?v=20Wx4YrZ55I

Tits of the Wombat user

he's got those new sticky dunlops

you overtake A1 license holders?

0/10

What else should I do? Be stuck behind them for ages while they try to get to any decent speeds?
My bike has the top speed of a 125 in first gear.

>My bike has the top speed of a 125 in first gear.
your bike tops out ~15 mph?

Hurr Durr it's raining. Fuck!

Will this crack kill me ??

kek

I meant my first gear is the top speed of a 125.

Running around town mainly, had some errands to do. Leaving tomorrow for a vacation, anyone going to the Sahlens 6 Hours at the Glen?

possible

seems to be enough to kill the tire balance as well.

Counter steering exists, but you dont need to turn your wheel the opposite direction of your corner to get the lean.

You start leaning into the corner at the same time you turn into the corner. Counter steering effect becomes negligable.

Commin' from the tits of a wombat
Hearin' those words it makes me weep

This video has been lurking in the back of my mind since I got my bike. Thanks!

Hes the chicken strip man, I remember watching this years ago before I ever considered biking and for some reason it's stuck with me.

He's the man that has no tendies on his tourer right?

0/10

So the insurance adjuster came last week to look at the bike and I just got the papers to take it to a shop to get the bike repaired. Here's the problem, the fucking guy didn't notice the bent stuck key and didn't write it down. Will he have to come back again to look at it, or am I screwed?

Only 1800?

Not an argument.

Have him come back out and readjust it, you sperg. Get on the phone.

Oh fuck and he also didn't noticed the bent handlebar, HOLY FUCK!

My Tyres are really sticky

How do YOU start leaning into a turn? Tell us your methods.

jesus christ, just make a fucking list and then call them again.

You shift your weight into the turn whilst turning the wheel into the turn.

The whole point of CS is to get the bikes momentum to put you into position, but you can do that without turning in the opposite direction first, and thats by leaning your body into the curve

You cannot ride without countersteering. Its physically impossible. You always knew. You just didn't know you knew. It's always been inside you man!

yeah, no, if you do that, the bike will just go the opposite direction

if you really think that's what's going on when you're turning, you're just counter steering without realizing it

but you're a troll, because no one is this stupid

Fuck you dude, nobody counter steers on bicycles so why should they on motorbikes.

The whole point of CS is using the momentum of a turn to but your body into the correct lean.

Why cant you put your body into the correct lean by shifting your weight?

The point is that you can do this yourself without having to rely on counter steering.