/ndg/ - NieR/Drakenguard General #64

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

Doves edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>[Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc]
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q
PASSWORD=hikaru

English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Nier:Automata Save Editor:
Python script:
dropbox.com/s/p9539mxoe2lyi5s/N_A_editor.py?dl=0
Executable:
dropbox.com/s/jt2gs9ou1nhxhfc/N_A_editor.exe?dl=0

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12778834
siliconera.com/2017/03/28/yoko-taro-speaks-varied-endings-meanings-nier-automata/
youtube.com/watch?v=OO_d3fwTNPo&t=39m19s
a.safe.moe/FyGSQ.ogg
a.safe.moe/cL5gX.ogg
a.safe.moe/YSOq1.ogg
youtube.com/watch?v=1N0qSSYKkew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My savior and hero!

A4 IS CUTE!

I came into this game thinking I'd be fapping to 2B and ended up fapping to 9S.

2B9S cutest lewdest couple.

I want to dress him up in a clown costume.

Goodnight, ndg!

Nope. Couldn't do it. Engels 1-shot me even though I'm certain that I dodged that, his swings aren't hard to dodge.

>my save progress on this playthrough
>Literally hasn't begun as far as the game is concerned.

It's a good thing I like the intro music...
Please end the pain.

Best yandere

Night!

I know that feel, I can recite the introduction by heart. I eventually gave up because life is way to short.

How the hell does this general ever survive the night?

Are the deeper parts of the abandoned factory open in route C?

The game is a melancholy masterpiece man.

It didn't survive last night.

Agreed.

Where's the DLC where 2B loses her memory and is all happy and normal because she doesn't remember anything about 2B, but then 2B helps her get it back and she immediately switches back to being miserable and 9S doesn't understand why.

meant
>Remember anything about 9S, but then 9S**
Obviously.

I didn't make this thread in particular, but I, a European for whom it's morning, have made quite a few of these generals when the previous one happens to die when it's night for Americans.

2B's gloves are leather though. You can hear it as she grips her fist in frustration.

What other outfits would you guys want from DLC?

too boring if I just say that I'd like other versions of 2B's normal outfit? A version where you could pick your hair accessory, top, and skirt would be fucking awesome. I don't care much for any of the ones they've announced yet.

Cute

>mfw completing the "Emil's Determination" quest

Does anyone else find this shit beyond cringy?

The Japanese are trying to slowly turn us all into faggots

After the Grün boss I felt in the mood for shmups so I was playing some Ikaruga.

>I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ideal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I never die with regrets.

>"Is this what we wished for?

>Don't worry, we will understand each other some day.

>And the life is succeeded into to the distant future."

Engrish aside it really activated my almonds during the credit boss.

(I'm bad at shmups I still haven't cleared chapter 2 of Ikaruga)

Don't give up.
If you make it, I will suck your dick.

strawpoll.me/12778834

Yes. Enemies down there will be level 60.

Someone said A2=paper
2B=pencil
9S=pen

I don't get the pen one.

John: I really, really, really like this image.

It's a fuckin play of course its cringey.

it's a type of small tip non permanent marker pen, you know, for woodworking and stuff.

Too bad it's mine and you can't have it

>/ndg/ hostile as fuck during sleep hours
>/ndg/ friendly as fuck during free time
Living in this shithole does have its benefits.

That probably means it's a few anal people that go to sleep.

DLC for translated subs on JP voice when?
I didn't mind the English dub but when I play on JP I want to know what the characters are actually saying.

I recently learnt that setting 9S' companion AI to "Aggressive" can cause him to randomly attack friendly machines. Is that the case for other partners as well? Like when you're playing as 9S and set 2B's to aggressive? Would be cool if it was 9S-exclusive because he just hates machines so much.

I'd love to sleep with the anal people.

>finish the game yesterday
>all of the good endings in one streak
>had unfinished business in various chapters
>areived at E ending and THERE HAD NEVER BEEN A HYPE LIKE THERE HAD BEEN WHEN I DID THAT BULLET HELL CREDITS SEQUENCE
>almost despair as Square Enix comes to kick my ass
>mfw connect to network
>YES YES YES YES
>never in my life did I feel so much sorrow for every time the tiny text prompt told me someone's data had been lost
>arrive all the way at the end, "Do you want to delete your data to help the others?"
>I got unfinished business in almost all chapters, but if it means helping others...
>yeah
>fuck yeah
>FUCK YEAH
>HIT THE BUTTON AAAAAHHHHH
>that fucking cinematic sequence
>in the end, back to main menu
>no "continue"
>press New Game
>all empty
>beautifully conflicting feels in my heart

The story had not enough message for my tastes, but fuck it. I love everyone out there (especially YOU, yeah, you!) and there should be more games out there that remind me why I'd fight for everyone I know and don't know.

Don't expect the answers to the complicated questions to come from vidya user, the game makes that pretty clear.

XBOX 360 copy of Nier finally arrives, having never heard of it and only bought it on the strength of Automata and these treads
>intro
>tutorial
nope
>first mission, go see popola
NOPE
>enter library, the exact same library that appears in automata
what have I missed. WHAT HAVE I MISSED

>The story had not enough message for my tastes, but fuck it.

It's a bummer for you if you came to the game for such messages, but Yoko Taro has said numerous times that he doesn't feel it's his job as a game creator to actually impart messages onto his players. Granted, just by virtue of how freely you can interpret stories, some messages will always end up being conveyed to players, intended or not, but the impression I got from Taro is that he feels the interactive nature of games provides players with a space to search for meanings/messages themselves, rather then being told. That attitude certainly bled into the existentialist side of the story, I'm sure. I'm sorry I don't have more quotes -- my bookmark collection is kind of unmanageable right now -- but here is one such quote that hints at his attitude with regards to imparting messages unto players, extra relevant because it's about Ending E:

>In the midst of development, we had an idea of bringing out messages from overseas rooting for another player, and we wanted to build that into the structure. The idea was to bring out messages from conflicting countries – countries that could be in political conflict. We had that idea initially, but we didn’t feel like it was right for the designer to be forcing that on the players, so we shifted into providing a structure where random messages would appear in the player’s feed and ending, and have the players figure out for themselves what the purpose of this was.
siliconera.com/2017/03/28/yoko-taro-speaks-varied-endings-meanings-nier-automata/

Side note: I'm fairly certain he got the idea in the quote above from the Make a Friend Coke Machine he cited during his GDC talk. It's a vending machine with a video stream from the border between India and Pakistan and the point was for people from these conflicted areas to virtually shake hands through the screen to get a coke.
youtube.com/watch?v=OO_d3fwTNPo&t=39m19s

Why do they classify them as "machine lifeforms"?
Is it the concept art showing their skeleton faces? The weird leaps and bounds they can make by combining together in different ways?

Also, was Adam's creation in the fuck pit dumb luck or was it in the robots all along?

>Taro keeps posting food on his twitter

He's going to do it, isn't he..,

So the Replicants in the first Nier aren't androids right? Only Devola and Popola and I assume whatever leads them were right?
The Replicants only recently gained self-awareness, but how long has it been? Kaine has memories of being a child, so it must have been at the very least 10-12 years ago.
And since she also aged in that time, what the fuck happens when they die of old age? The Gestalts are supposed to be "placed in their corresponding shells", but how is that supposed to happen if the Replicants age and die?
Tyrann got into Kaine's body, but wasn't that only because she was fucked up to begin with?

If the Gestalt project started that long ago, why would Nier and Yonah still be around for the Shadowlord and his Daughter to take their bodies back? Shouldn't their Replicants be long dead by then?

Who says they were the first Nier and Yonah replicants?
I would guess they have been just replicating them at another Gestalt Project facility when one set of them dies off.

I know this German rapper called Edgar Wasser, really great university student type rapper, puts lots of thought provoking stuff into his songs. He also denies having any interviews at all and made numerous songs about how the only message that his songs have is that they don't have a message. Been listening to his shit for a few years now so I'm used to this kind of thinking, but all I can filter out of it is this:

If you say you don't have a message, but still make what amounts to a statement like a song or a video game with certain contents, all it does is increase the number of answers to the questions you raised a little.

Every story points towards somewhere, even if it is a broad firing zone. So does this one. I always felt like saying it doesn't is at best an exercise in smoke-bombing, just to muddle the waters and cut off the most obvious solutions.

The game was intensely bleak, to the bone. The game was... open, also. As a guy who's not played any of Yoko taro's games before, I ended up comparing it a lot to Dark Souls. You know what I missed in this game? A Solaire type character. Not enough Gurren Lagann in this shit.

>Not enough Gurren Lagann
Have you already forgotten...

So why does the Resistance have so many STG 44's?

Pascal's too soft. He really didn't seem like a shoulder to lean on and only got strong when he totally despaired out and gave up on his beliefs. Not a good look bro.

YorHa have Stahlhelms and the Ho-229 was the name of an experimental German jet. Japs love that stuff.

the less gurren lagann in anything the better

You must hate ending E!

No? Gurren Lagann is shit. Why the fuck is something being slightly optimistic reminiscent of that piece of shit in your mind?

You must have shit taste!

Gurren Lagann is the epitome of shit taste. Why didn't you answer my question?

Just seems a bit out of place, 3/4 squad members in this quest had one

Thoughts on why these ladies are hanging around chatting in 8B's room? She's the lead deserter from the YoRHa Deserters subquest, so I'd expect her room to be empty, but there's an Operator and some combat unit in it. They aren't even talking about anything close to desertion or 8B. Just gossiping, more or less.

Datamining I found these audio files, which are basically both sides of these two androids's chatter:
a.safe.moe/FyGSQ.ogg
a.safe.moe/cL5gX.ogg

Straight-up gossip with no relation to 8B. The interesting part is that androids work out and somehow improve their figure from it, though that's probably less canon and more Taro writing what he thinks girls talk about.

What's weirder is that 8B or her Operator have a line about her destroying their enemy too:
a.safe.moe/YSOq1.ogg

it's almost like armies have standard issue weaponry they give out to troops

Not either of you, but breaking news, people have different reactions to things! Details at 11.

You must have shit taste, and also be suicidal, or near it!

Yes but its a rare rifle from WW2, why would you make that your standard rifle

First off, sweet triples.

Second being I don't know how often rumors of YoRHa betrayals circulate. They seem pretty tight lipped about whenever someone goes rogue.

Move Gurren Lagann discussion to you shits.

More A2 needed.

Proposal: Initiate image dump & discussion of best bottos.

I expected A2 to do some full scale memory meld thing with 2Bs sword and end up doing some really fucking creepy love yandere type shit to 9S when he inevitably came to murder her for killing 2B, seriously weirding him out and confusing both his head and boner.

I thought it would become an ongoing manhunt mechanic.
Sorta wish that A2 and 9S butted heads a couple more times in route C/D. It's for the best, though. It's perfect as is.

>exercise having any visible impact on android bodies

It boggles my mind how Taro can have so much attention to detail in some places and just not give any fucks at all in others.

It's fairly vanilla within the game's fandom but I still think 2B's best. Those boots are just hngh...

Because the Androids are the Nazis/Axis powers in this World War II allegory. Brave foot soldiers fed propaganda lay down their lives as the leaders of their society, who hardly even consider them human, callously move them across the board from on high in pursuit of a master race that doesn't exist.

Or this is all bullshit I made up on the spot because it's more interesting than saying 'they thought the Nazi aesthetic looked cool' for the twentieth time.

She looks phenomenal in her combat gear too.

I hope there is much more costume DLC to come to dress these bots up more.

I wanted 9S to at least get counter-lewded a little. The point where Adam/Eve asks him if he wants to **** 2B had me laughing till I had side stitches.

These androids (the Yorhas at least) apparently have fucking dopamine distribution centers in their brains (Jackass' combat data mission), can get drunk, can die from eating food that is poisonous to them, are susceptible to their kind of NBC warfare etc. It's safe to say that whoever designed them went way further on the literal meaning of Android than was actually necessary and just tried to reconstruct the human body in a mechanical copy as close to 1:1 as possible. I'm fairly certain that their blood is largely made of nanomachines and if they'd ever figure out how to have sex they could likely even have kids.

The number of yanderes in this game is terrifying.
>The Opera Singer
>Eve
>9S

Who am I missing? The game should all be be renamed to "don't touch my waifu."

It's only weird because in the sidequest where you have to find medicine for that moose the characters talk about how humans got fat from eating too much and 2B & 9S are like "Fuck that shit!"

You could easily bullshit something into the canon where android bodies optimise bodyparts's efficiency for use and using it through working out thus alters their shape, but, like I said, that possibility is annihilated, even in headcanon, by the aforementioned subquest dialogue.

As I said, though, it just seems like Taro writing generic girl gossip and less like him trying to extend the canon. I'm not even sure how accurate the translation is, but it seems like an easy enough inconsistency to just ignore.

I hope so too, but I wish they actually base it on her model because the Kaine one looks like it's based on Kaine's model, going by the butt. Not hating on Kaine at all, but 2B's butt is way bigger and I'd love to see it in Kaine's lingerie.

So the quest to get desert rose's for Popola bugged out for me, I collected them last night, and today I went to hand them in only to find out I have 0 in my inventory, and theres no markers on the map, and when I go back I cant get any more

Am I fucked?

Do we actually find out what happens to 6O? I've done all sidequests except Emil and Speed Star and I don't remember anything mentioning her

Does 21O/B qualify? she was more of a kuudere before she was hacked and went nuts. But then she was hacked and went nuts.

>Pascal, when pushed into a corner, will choke a bitch for the kids.
>The sleeper agent type E robot in the Amnesia sidequest

Looks like everyone has a little Kaim in them in this post-apocalyptic waifu war.

They should either use Kaine's body as a base and include her bulge, or use 2B's body as a base, thicc butt included, with hot lingerie. Kaine's body without the bulge or 2B's without her butt are just half-assing it.

Even if it's fucked, just finish a route and use chapter select.
The game likes to bug out on weird shit from time to time.

>half-assing
i c wut u did thar

What do you mean? She dies aboard the Bunker in Route C. You even get unique dialogue if you did her Desert Flower sidequest that makes it very clear she got infected with the virus.

I did the flower quest. I guess I must have killed her without realizing. Sorry 6O.

>gathering keepsakes end

;_;

I'm not sure she's an enemy there, she's talking over the intercom. I don't think there's an intel file or anything in the game that explicitly says "6O died" but this is her extra dialogue on the Bunker:

youtube.com/watch?v=1N0qSSYKkew

Made it seem pretty clear to me that she's virus'd up to shit and didn't make it off the Bunker.

Besides the obviously sad ending to that quest, I always felt really, really bad for the questgiver because his dialogue makes it seem like he's just overwhelmed with sorrow and randomly reaches out to random human rituals he knew to do something about his grief.

And what's worse is: One of his friends who dies has a bunch of dialogue that basically implies he's desperate to help the great YoRHa units and wants some recognition for his work, basically making it seem like he only went out to the expedition they died on to help you.

Oh ok, I assumed she must have been one of the enemies when you're protecting the commander. I remember seeing those subtitles but was too focused on fighting. Thanks

It's because Americans are retarded fuckwits. They have great minds at the top of society that made the internet possible to begin with, and those select-few certainly have a lot of influence in the world, but blimey are their average to bottom feeder people that you'd find knocking about on Veeky Forums worthless, irredeemable trash.

>their average to bottom feeder people that you'd find knocking about on Veeky Forums worthless
literally every lower class person in literally every country. maybe you should leave yours every once in a while muhammed

Also the same resistance member who had a crush on 2B... sheeeit.

Really? Don't remember that.