Lexus is the only Japanese car manufacturer that makes V8 sedans/coups

>Lexus is the only Japanese car manufacturer that makes V8 sedans/coups

Is the V8 dying in favor of the V6 turbo meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2012/08/28/obama-administration-finalizes-historic-545-mpg-fuel-efficiency-standard
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>comparing a luxury car to a super car
Idiot.

I think Infiniti offers their 5.6 in a sedan.

>tfw Subaru will NEVER put a flat 8 in anything
Why live?

>80k more for TWO seconds
>80k more for a V6
>80k more for an ugly car with cheap plastic interior
L.O.L.

That torque is pretty low for a turbo v6

Not an argument.

As CAFE standards ratchet ever up, the end point is an I3 boosted to 50psi that needs an overhaul every 20k miles.

You mean meters

Kek 7 more years of trump, cafe standards will mandate at least 6 liters and mpg that exceeds 17 highway will be taxed.

I'm sure Drumpf's Saudi overlords would enjoy that

>only Japanese car manufacturer that makes V8 sedans/coups

Not for much longer...

Sad times lads..

LC500 might be the last V8 from Japan.

its sad since only Genesis and Lexus are the only ones who offer a NA v8

Are you dumb or retarded?

Goodbye glorious nippon v8

I don't like new Lexus cars, but love old Lexus. Specifically the SC400.

sorry, I meant luxury brands

Hi

or flat 12. :(

v8s and even v6s are going fade out.
The government said cars have to have 54 MPG.

That's why we're getting CVTs stuck in everything - they're more efficient.

Where did you read that?
54MPG is way too much.

This is really old news, user. It was put into affect in 2012.
Cars have to have 54mpg by 2025.

obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2012/08/28/obama-administration-finalizes-historic-545-mpg-fuel-efficiency-standard

>obamawhitehouse

Just a note: it was undone about a week ago, but companies have already invested heavily and won't turn back now.

You may see more people doing better transmissions (see Honda's new 10-speed auto that they'll use instead of CVT on upper trim Accord) to try and meet the standards.
But expect 4-bangers to be the norm; expect v8s to die out entirely in everything other than work trucks and v6s to be only on sports cars.

>tfw V12 is on its way out

>Obama shit

I'm pretty certain that's already being removed and if not, it will be. They're trying to erase King Nigger's existence.

so? there are plenty american and european V8's, all of them are superior to jap engines.

And everything to be boosted right to the edge of what it can do. Tuning is going to go away, because the engineers aren't going to leave anything on the table in the future.

I think Japan also taxes cars based on displacement. Same with europe. Is why you don't see many high displacement vehicles coming from those places and when you do, they tend to be the kind of cars that cater to the "money is no object" clique. High margin, extremely low volume kind of car.

This.

Enjoy your clean air and turbo 4 cylinders.