How do we fix Japan?

>NSX is a 160k disappointment, and the one of the last car I would buy if I had that amount of money
>GT-R is 10 years old, getting more expensive but not any faster or prettier, with no replacement in sight
>Lexus sports cars are fat, auto-only GT's that look like Mach 3 razors and don't handle very well (at least they like V8's)
>no S-chassis, current Z-car is old and probably going to be replaced with a crossover, Datsun 510 successor cancelled
>GT86 and BRZ will never fucking ever get a turbo, supercharger, or displacement bump
>Miata is... well, it's pretty good, just overpriced here and I need trunk space
>Mitsubishi Motors might as well not exist, no more Evo, no VR4, just pumping out horrendous crossovers until the corporation cuts their worthless auto division
>WRX STI doesn't get any faster, only heavier and more boring, and is using an ancient engine design
>Supra will be almost certainly ruined by Toyota's awful designers, and memes such as hybrid technology, automatic only because "muh lap times", and BMW engineering
>Mazda could make it all better by releasing the new RX-7, which would undoubtedly be a near-perfect godmachine, but that will probably never happen because rotaries can't defeat emissions laws

I want to be a weeb, but the modern Japanese auto industry is just too shitty.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ca2vylhAh4U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Then wait 40 years...

Then....GODZIRRA

theres nothing wrong with it youre just a cringelord who thinks performance cars are all that matters

Clearly you think performance cars don't matter *at all* if you think Japan is doing well. Why are you even here? To get advice on your next crossover lease?

they really dont

they are companies they want to make money

performance cars are a niche and usually dont do that well especially when compared to stuff like crossovers

I saw the new Lexus LC in person.
Its a fucking work of art. It looks like shit in photos though.

Its like a reliable aston martin with more creases and wont break down.

Why are you even here? A soulless corporation which rakes in money is still a shit company compared to one with passionate enployees who care about what they do.

Nsx costs 160k? Good value

>bbbut it's not a shitty 260hp v6 turd!!!!

Lexus made the LFA
A stupidly overpriced but amazing car that sold out and SHOULD NEVER have worked out for them.
That screams passion.
Just like Dodge and their stupid as fuck plastic cars that they ham-fist 700hp into.

HEY GUYS, GO MAKE A CHARGER WITH 700HP. TELL THE ACCOUNTANTS TO SUCK MY COCK

Is right
is wrong and i'm one of the cringlords that mostly only cares about performance cars.

I know what you mean bro. Just be patient, Japan always comes swooping back

I don't care about shareholders or stock prices

fuck em, give me an RX-7 reeeeeeeee

>stupidly overpriced
>lexus loses money on every lfa sold

noice

every good company rakes in money

if car companies started focusing on the niche theyd fail in a heartbeat or have to cut down the scale of their operations immensely

they stopped making all of the performance cars because people werent buying them

companies like Mazda and Subaru are relatively small and cant invest the money to make some big expensive changes or halo car that isnt going to make good returns

we know Mazda would love to bring back the rotary but its not finacially smart

Mitsubishi makes tons of money of off other things and dont have to focus on cars all that much which is fine since their cars have been losing money

Toyota has the GT86 and the upcoming Supra which is all they really need and Lexus has sports stuff too

GT-R is still a great performer despite the age and iirc Nissan doesnt plan on replacing it until the 2020s the 370z is a little hopeless tho

to say there is something wrong with it would imply its failing its not failing at all and there are performance options out there

cars and companies dont have souls anyway

The point is that the technology they made/learned for that car will carry over to their regular cars.
Its a good thing in the long run.
Tesla still hasn't turned a profit for example. same idea

>cars and companies dont have souls anyway
Wrong

>GT-R is still a great performer despite the age
They've been updating it. OP is just a tard.

companies can have a passion but not a soul
cars are just machines that can radiate the passion put into its construction

I know but its still a pretty old platform at this point

>2017 literally slower

At least the interior isn't a complete joke now

>Giving a fuck about 1 second
Id rather have a egoist GTR, be wrapped in this awesome leather and it be the slowest GTR ever made (pic related).
You will NEVER drive it at its limit so who gives a fuck

>newer one is heavier with more focus on comfort
>older one is lighter with more focus on track performance and less comfort
>the nismo doesn't exist
Was that ever supposed to be taken as anything other than a shitpost?

Why is the Miata good with the only drawback being it's overpriced and has poor trunk space while you consider the BRZ/86 under powered and worthless to you without forced induction? Do you realize it makes no sense that a 155hp car is acceptable, but you're going to whine that a 200hp car with no turbo is too slow to do what you want? You're welcome to hate the GT-86 or any other car all you want, but you should at least try to make sense when you do it.

The Miata is a lot less practical than a BRZ. There no behind-seat storage, the trunk is significantly smaller, and there isn't even a glovebox.

Miata is significantly lighter with a wider powerband. If you've driven both back to back, the Miata feels adequate while the BRZ feels like it could use a bit more. Peak numbers are only half the battle.

I hadn't looked up a dyno chart before, from 3,000-5,000 RPM the miata actually is making more torque (and therefor more power). The BRZ doesn't match the miata for power/weigth until over 6k rpm

I'd rather have one with a real manual for the same reasons.

The interior is really nice too, I like the HUD as well

I feel like most young people haven't really experienced a "fun" car, which is why they're so focused on "how fast it is"

Correct. Performance vehicles in a BUSINESS PERSPECTIVE is always trash unless you are specialized in selling those vehicles and people actually want them. For companies like Honda, Toyota, Lexus, and even the German manufacturers... they make money by selling their regular models, not performance models.

Therefore, performance models are cool and all but they are definitely NOT the back-bone for a company's success.

the real solution to sports cars being unprofitable is to create a street spec racing series and promote the fuck out of it

but risk and all that

>he doesn't anthropomorphize his cars

>I want to be a weeb, but the modern Japanese auto industry is just too shitty.
Buy from whoever does make what you like. I recently bought my first non-Honda, after having 3 of them, because nothing in their current lineup appeals to me. Vote with your dollar, etc.

that wasn't a MkII

It was done with the current NSX

youtube.com/watch?v=ca2vylhAh4U

I don't understand why people bitch about the NSX so much. The way I see it, it's a direct competitor to the 488... and it's cheaper and clearly superior in terms of performance.

because of the name it carries. its a good car, but its no nsx

Take Audi R8 it's super important to the brand image and whole they don't make any money with them themselves, they pay for themselves with their contribution to the brand value.

And RS3 RS4 RS5 RS6 RS7, M2 M3 M4, AMG++, German can do it why ?

Japan is lost, bring in Korea.

The Stinger can't come fast enough.

>clearly superior in terms of performance

It's 500 pounds heavier and 100 horsepower slower, on top of looking and sounding worse, inside and out.

this